Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
(jump to votecount)

You woke up when the sunlight hit your eyes. It was late - way later than you hoped, maybe even past noon. Your head was in a vice and your mouth felt like cotton. What happened last night? Oh right, wine. Why do you do this to yourself? Everyone has vices and you love yours but maybe---
Then you felt like a lightning bolt had struck your chest. You cursed, you threw the covers off your bed, and you ran to your boudoir. You grabbed the first presentable thing you could find, coursed your fingers through your hair to straighten it, and were out the door three minutes after you woke up. You walked quickly at first, but soon it became a jog, then a run, and then a sprint. The bakery was barely half a mile away, past the chapel and down the hill where the cooper used to live, but you weren't sure what time it was, and you couldn't risk being late. The grocer was putting away vegetables in front of his store, and you almost tripped over a display of turnips, but you managed to catch your balance. You apologized for bumping into his wares and promised that you'll buy a dozen on your way back as penance, "but I really have to go sorry!"
You rounded a corner and saw the bakery. The woman sitting on a bench in front of it was unmistakable, even at a distance; her bright silver hair shimmered in the sunlight. Good! She's still there. You slowed down and tried to catch your breath, desperately hoping to look composed and collected instead of the shamble you clearly were.
"Well?" the woman asked as you gasped. It was essentially winter now, and your lungs felt like they were both frozen and on fire at the same time, while your diaphragm remained uncomfortably clenched. "I'm sorry Madame," you replied in between pants, "I lost... track of my morning..."
"It's one in the afternoon!"
"See?" as you felt your normal heart rate returning. "Clearly I lost it."
The woman sneered and entered the bakery, motioning you to follow. "Get whatever you like." How kind of her. You ordered a cheese croissant and an Arrentish coffee and sat at a window booth. You wrapped your fingers around your mug as you admired the mangled branches of an elm tree stripped bare with the season. Beneath it were piles of orange and red leaves, and a squirrel rummaging through them, one pile, then another, searching frantically for the thing that will keep him safe this winter. How relatable.
When Madame Prae finished her order - a sandwich and some hot water with lemon - she joined you. "I like your dress Madame," you said, hoping a compliment would start your conversation on a proper footing.
"It's nothing special. I purchased it in Ledola. Have you ever been to Ledola? Of course not," she said before you could speak, "you've probably never left Rest."
You screamed inside your skull. "Actually, Madame, I've traveled a bit. I've been to Porta Regina, and Rossetia, and I spent a summer in Madriu at university."
"But you haven't been to Ledola," Prae said.
You imagined stabbing her with a fork. "No, I haven't."
"It's lovely. A city on stilts in the middle of the sea." She looked idly out the window and sipped her water. "You know I took Robert when he was thirteen. We stayed at our flat near the central square, attending balls and festivals. I had hoped I would find someone," she paused, "suitable for him. But obviously that didn't happen."
Your fork upgraded to a sword. "Who could be more suitable than someone he loves?"
"Someone who isn't a peasant."
Your lip twitched. You commanded a dragon to bite her head off. You let it go. "Lovely day, isn't it?"
"I hate autumn. The days are too short, and the cold flares up my eczema. I prefer summer. It's bright and happy, and I like bright and happy things in my life."
"Summer is good too," you said, trailing off. Your head still ached, but the coffee was helping.
"Miss Salt," Prae said after a few moments. "This spring you are going to marry my only son, and yet I feel like I hardly know you. I can hardly get more than a few words out of you when we talk. You seem constantly distracted, and even now you're looking at me with, what, contempt? What have I done to you to deserve that? I don't want this kind of acrimony in my house, and I find in my business the best way to clear a problem is to talk it out."
You took a deep breath. "Well, what do you want to know about me?"

Welcome to this game of mafia! This is a 9 player closed-setup game. It is a "traditional" game; there will be little that isn't featured on the SA Mafia Wiki or the Mafia flash thingy. However there might still be some surprises thrown your way! Who knows?

The standard mafia rules apply: don't do anything that could be construed as "not in the spirit of mafia." But I'm not a huge stickler for rules, so as long as you don't break the game it'll probably be fine. For instance, feel free to edit your posts to fix minor things like formatting, even if you get caught by the ninja; just be reasonable about it.

However, please remember that I reserve the right to punish someone as I see fit for whatever thing they do.

My unique quirk: please ##unvote before re##voting. I will not count revotes without unvotes unless you are a double-voter.

If you haven't posted for a while, I'll prod you with a PM. If you have a reason why you're not posting, feel free to tell me -- I like to think I'm fairly reasonable. If you aren't posting and it's going to be a chronic problem, I'll ask if you want a replacement; it's up to you, I just want everyone to have a good time, you included.

Every game day will have a deadline. If a majority vote has not been reached by then, the day will end with no execution. Note that if I am ever for some reason unavailable for a deadline I've set, you should assume it to be floating.

To sign up, say whether you want to play or be a replacement, and whether or not you have PMs. If you don't have PMs, include your email. I'm "eccoraven" via g-mail. I only check my email once a week, so if you don't have PMs you should really consider getting it!

If you are living with, or otherwise have direct RL contact with, another player in the game, please tell me when signing up. It won't affect your chances for playing the game, I just like to know these things in advance.

Here we go!

EccoRaven fucked around with this message at 11:57 on Jan 28, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

Player List:

1) b-minus1
2) Dick Bastardly
3) got some chores tonight
4) Hal Incandenza
5) IllegallySober
6) Jonathan Fisk
7) merk
8) Monathin
9) wins32767

Night actions:
Night 0: TaoJones, I'm chronically late for things (town-aligned tracker).
Day 1: Jonathan Fisk, I was once engaged to another man (town-aligned vanilla).
Night 1: b-minus1, I'm not religious (town-aligned vanilla).
Day 2: merk, I drink too much (town-aligned watcher).

SCUM VICTORY
GAME OVER

:h: N / A
:d: N / A

EccoRaven fucked around with this message at 10:39 on Feb 8, 2020

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

An Eccogame?!? Holy poo poo yes I’m in.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.
All mafia retirements are temporary

Hi I’ll play

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

Not gonna lie: you’re the only person I’d have fanboyed a signup for like this :D

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Eccogame? Good

Nine-player game that I might actually be able to keep up with? Even better.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

I either break my "don't play two games at once" self-rule or my Eccogame participation streak.

I choose the former. :colbert:

Max
Nov 30, 2002

I am going to . . . . . . . . . . . . Observe

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Max posted:

I am going to . . . . . . . . . . . . Observe

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

honk honk whats for lunch...
ok

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Ok

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
The Lady's choice in pastries is suspect to say the least. Custard is gross.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Hmm

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

One last game together before we ride off into the sunset Fisk

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

:respek:

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

honk honk whats for lunch...
suicide pact for losing team

Eat The Rich
Feb 10, 2018

Is this full? I'd like to join.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Eat The Rich posted:

Promise not to post your role PM?

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Uh oh I was #10, Ecco make this 11 player game tia

Eat The Rich
Feb 10, 2018

Yeah I also brushed up on the rest of the rules.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Oh wait steak didn't sign up so I guess I can't count but still 11 people are cool

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Hal can you pm wins#### and diqnol

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

I was supposed to do it but I’ve been on mobile all day and don’t know their names

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

Eat The Rich posted:

Hal Incandenza posted:

Promise not to post your role PM?

Jeeeeeeeeeez, be nice Hal :roflolmao:

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Jonathan Fisk posted:

I was supposed to do it but I’ve been on mobile all day and don’t know their names

yahhhh I can do that

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Hal Incandenza posted:

yahhhh I can do that

It is done, let us see if they answer the call

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

🙏🏼🙏🏼🙏🏼💙

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before

IllegallySober posted:

An Eccogame?!? Holy poo poo yes I’m in.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before
Oh no it’s full. Next time

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
I'll RNG all the signups. I'll close it by Friday. it'll start Saturday. hooray.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Eccotime translation pending

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
Will always play an Ecco game!

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.

SalTheBard posted:

Will always play an Ecco game!

EccoRaven posted:

I'll RNG all the signups. I'll close it by Friday. it'll start Saturday. hooray.

Well

wins32767
Mar 16, 2007

I was called out of retirement to post in this thread. I am very interested in playing.

wins32767
Mar 16, 2007

I recognize exactly 4 people.

wins32767
Mar 16, 2007

Now I know what being old is like.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

EccoRaven posted:

Just know I’m going to be very sad if I get RNG’d out of this :cry:

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

IllegallySober posted:

Just know I’m going to be very sad if I get RNG’d out of this :cry:

Same! But if I’m in and wins isn’t I want him to have my spot

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

Hal Incandenza posted:

Same! But if I’m in and wins isn’t I want him to have my spot

I’ll also make this pledge, with the slight modification that I’d move to substitute status and continue to read along :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wins32767
Mar 16, 2007

Awww.