Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Anyone have a link to the patch notes?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

sigher posted:

Anyone have a link to the patch notes?

Patch isn't up yet, so no patch notes

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S
https://twitter.com/ruben_dal/status/1222306865138278406?s=21

35 minutes until maintenance, possible drop at 8:30 cst

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Hey, thanks!

The Bee posted:

I think you could get an entire Smash roster out of the Mario franchise alone, but that would be its own can of worms. There's no way I'd rather have Shy Guy or Dry Bones on the roster than really any of Ultimate's newcomers, except maybe Piranha Plant. And that's a lateral trade at most.

I did specify "major character." Sure there's Piranha Plant, but I don't think they're looking to do more than one character like that.

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Adding more female characters might have been a priority too, both for her original creation and in Smash. Her Smash Bros moveset is basically built around Mario Galaxy exclusive things.

As for choosing characters; I'm pretty sure it's not just Sakurai or Nintendo's nebulous decisions, I imagine his input was part of putting together the shortlist. I'd imagine most of it was set in stone a while back at this point too, Nintendo's got a long record of keeping things very close to their chest.

Good point, I can for sure see that being a factor.

Zuzie posted:

My theory on Rosalina is that she's also pushed to be Nintendo's answer to Disney's Elsa, as both characters are too similar.

What similarity do they have other than being blonde women who wear blue dresses? Their abilities and personalities are completely different.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe
Not until 9:30 for me then and I gotta get up for work at 4 tomorrow. Smash must wait.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
Patch is live now

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.

shirts and skins posted:

Probably some balance issues, you cannot defeat the quad laser

Yeah, jumping would be useless against it.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.
Not much in these patch notes either.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Yeesh

edit: Why must you all lie in this sacred thread

Macaluso fucked around with this message at 02:17 on Jan 29, 2020

Brunom1
Sep 5, 2011

Ask me about being the best dad ever.

That's for 6.0.

These are the 7.0 notes in JP.

For example, a ton of characters had their shield size increased. DK's sole other buff is that his head is intangible when you've dropped your shield.

Brunom1 fucked around with this message at 02:17 on Jan 29, 2020

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

hell yeah, zelda buffs

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

Oh whoops. What the hell NOA? Why are you always messing up the patch notes? (Smash isn't the only games where they make mistakes on patch notes.)

Oh, they finally nerfed Joker. Attacking him in 1v1s reduces Arsene's duration.

And they fixed Olimar's shield size.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Byleth: Bigger Than Ridley :stare:

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

No Jr Buffs :(

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Any Ridley or Samus buffs?

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.

RBA Starblade posted:

Samus and Dark Samus buffs, Ridley bugfix regarding shielding.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Theta Zero posted:

Samus and Dark Samus buffs, Ridley bugfix regarding shielding.

:toot:

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
Ryu
</ S> </ s> </ s>

Lower strong attack (strong)
</ S> </ s> </ s>

I changed the angle of the squirt.

Maple Leaf
Aug 24, 2010

Let'en my post flyen true
Banjo didn't even get the shield buff, jeez

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Byleth is disgusting Jesus Christ

She's bad at dealing with pressure but she kills at 40 lol

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Everything that involves Byleth and hitting stuff and frame data leads to one of the worst characters in the game. No confirmations, and everything has absurd landing lag.

And the nair isn't even decent, it makes Pit a magnet of destruction by comparison.

Brunom1
Sep 5, 2011

RBA Starblade posted:

Nothing for Riddles beyond the shield thing, but Samus got:

• More damage at the start of the dash attack
  • Increased launch distance for up and down smash, also for up tilt
  • Grab aerial (air grapple beam) does more damage and the hitbox is out for longer.

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
I always pictured Byleth as having some incredibly long range, but Jesus Christ, that F-Smash. :stare:

Also, the final fight of their Classic Mode has nearly all of the Fire Emblem characters ganging up on the Hands. :classiclol:

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I'm glad that most people I've checked in on seem to think Byleth is junk :geno:

I genuinely hope they turn out at least alright so the final character isn't a complete dud. Argh.
Did Kirby get any buffs or anything?

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Tae posted:

Everything that involves Byleth and hitting stuff and frame data leads to one of the worst characters in the game. No confirmations, and everything has absurd landing lag.

And the nair isn't even decent, it makes Pit a magnet of destruction by comparison.

Noob spotted. Tons of pros are cracking up (on stream) saying how OP byleth is

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Whoa so one aspect of her Up B that I guess I glossed over in the direct was that she can tether to the bottom of the stage if she's really low, and she'll then jump upwards riding the slope back to the ledge. Not the very bottom of the stage but pretty far down

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

https://i.imgur.com/ORtDEAl.gifv

Brunom1
Sep 5, 2011

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Did Kirby get any buffs or anything?

Only increased shield size.

For that matter, these characters also only got that - nothing else changed for them: Normal Link, Pikachu and Pichu, Bowser and Jr., Ice Climbers, Falco, Ganon, G&W, MK, Pit and Dark Pit, Snake, Squirtle, Charizard, Sonic, Dedede, Olimar, Lucario, Wolf, Villager, Wii Fit, Rosa, Little Mac (lol), Greninja, Mii Sword, Pacman, Corrin, Bayo.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

reference secured

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
Fighter's Pass 2 is up in the eshop for preorder, and hard confirms that we're getting a new stage and new music with Challengers 6 through 11

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

bef posted:

She just waves her magic wand and kicks Ridley out of smash

BTW she can spam her recovery

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

The Law? Law is a Human Institution.

Geno's time is nigh

Maple Leaf
Aug 24, 2010

Let'en my post flyen true

bef posted:

They do that for every single character because hype draws more attention than negativity. They did it for Piranha Plant.

Byleth is going to implode from rushdown, which is pretty much the entirety of the upper caste of characters. I'd be very surprised if Byleth makes it any higher than mid tier.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Geno confirmed.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

It's real annoying that I can't get the Female Byleth spirit just by running Classic Mode a second time.

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Well well, mister fancy-pants, I hope you're wearing your matching sweater today, or you'll be cut down like the ugly tree you are.
Fungah!

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Raxivace posted:

It's real annoying that I can't get the Female Byleth spirit just by running Classic Mode a second time.

Female Byleth popped up in the ingame shop immediately on getting the Male one, worth checking

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
In a shocking twist, the physical strain of carrying four legendary weapons at once proves to be more of a detriment than the versatility can make up for. Shoulda just stuck to using the whipsword.

That victory pose where the weapons are all buried into the floor is super rad, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
Samus buffs yeeeeeesssss

On BF against midweight:

Upsmash kills at 100
Dash starts killing around 110
Upthrow kills at 165
Zair actually does some damage and seems to disrupt better

I'm gonna have fun with this one