Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sumo
Jun 17, 2005

zoux posted:

Who's the pirate guy

Captain Crook? He was the filet o fish counterpart to the Hamburglar

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Filet O Fish, you say?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=csrPT9ClVUc

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Sumo posted:

Captain Crook? He was the filet o fish counterpart to the Hamburglar

"No, please, steal my terrible fish sandwich, here have this one as well"

Sumo
Jun 17, 2005

A lot of the McDonaldland characters were developed around the aggravated theft or robbery of McDonalds food items...

zoux posted:

"No, please, steal my terrible fish sandwich, here have this one as well"
Captain Catholic more like it

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

Sumo posted:

Captain Catholic more like it

You joke but that was literally one of the reasons why the Filet o Fish was invented. And we're lucky we got that instead of the Hula Burger, which is just a pineapple ring on a bun with cheese.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

The Big Kahuna burger!

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
I'd rather eat a pineapple slice on a bun instead of a fish sandwich from McDonalds.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.
Pineapple and cheese?!?!?!

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE
During lent I have eaten many Filet O' Fish just because I am bad at thinking ahead and work nowhere near my house so options are limited. They are ok but would never get them outside of lent.

I also enjoy a slice of pineapple on a burger (not during lent obviously) but just pineapple and cheese sounds extremely unsatisfying.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

This will dwarf Slevelesses entire trolling career, observe:

"What about Hawaiian Pizza"

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

zoux posted:

This will dwarf Slevelesses entire trolling career, observe:

"What about Hawaiian Pizza"

IT's good

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/moredisneyplus/status/1222220304006688769

I miss the 90s kid sports movie genre. Are there no more cubes to gleam?

https://twitter.com/selahnhc/status/1222189610958295042

Based on the haircut and the explainer TV show you'd really think Adam Conover is a douche bag but he's married to Lisa Hannawalt and all his opinions seem really good???

zoux fucked around with this message at 21:19 on Jan 28, 2020

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

zoux posted:

There! Are! Four! Remaining members of Monty Python!

One! Eric Idle, he'll never die because he made a deal with Satan
Two! John Cleese, stays alive out of spite
Three! Terry Gilliam, died years ago, still hasn't lied down
Four! Michael Palin, frankly even Death has g forgotten he's alive

Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

Ugly In The Morning posted:

Everything about that season was perfect, the writing, the acting, all of it. God drat I can't wait to get to it on my rewatch.

It also gave us Margo Martindale as the heavy she was born to play.

Anyone seen this show? Is it any good? The description sounds like a goofy b-movie Mad Max Fury Road (read: great).

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

It is very goofy but has a problem where it just doesn't know where to end. Also most of the other competitors quickly kind of just get forgotten.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

You guys wanna read a cursed rear end sentence

https://twitter.com/Pringles/status/1222257116192309248

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Binge-watching Letterkenny and I can't believe it but they added a cute girl to The Skids on and they somehow got even more loving grating than they already were.

Vincent posted:

It also gave us Margo Martindale as the heavy she was born to play.

Anyone seen this show? Is it any good? The description sounds like a goofy b-movie Mad Max Fury Road (read: great).

I can't find the previous post you quoted, but I'm going to assume you're referring to Justified S2 which is absolutely remarkable and is next on my eventual rewatch of the entire series (maybe save for S5).

bentacos
Oct 9, 2012
Season 5 is still a good season of television, just a bad season of Justified.

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

Vincent posted:

muscles like this! posted:

It is very goofy but has a problem where it just doesn't know where to end. Also most of the other competitors quickly kind of just get forgotten.

Yeah, I really enjoyed the show, but I feel like it drifted a bit the last 5 episodes. That being said, I regret that Syfy didn't pick it up for another season.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

It's also worth mentioning that blood drive has content that would make GoT blush.

I'm still amazed it aired unedited on Syfy.

Sumo
Jun 17, 2005

zoux posted:

Release ketchup Pringles in USA you cowards

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

zoux posted:

They're doing a Rick and Morty Pringles Superbowl commercial.

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica
The official Rick & Morty Twitter account posting the Pringles ad with the description "This is not an ad. #ad" is like the perfect encapsulation of how empty its satire and social commentary is now that the show is going to keep running forever and there's no stakes or chance of upsetting the status quo.

Sumo posted:

Release ketchup Pringles in USA you cowards

Herr's releases ketchup chips in the US sometimes, they're insanely good and I'm not even much of a potato chip person.

Sumo
Jun 17, 2005

In a non-evil universe, “Rick and Morty Pringles” would just refer to a pair of kindly old brothers who own an ice cream shop

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

JT Pringle & Sons Tuber Confectionary and Chip-House

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Ketchup chips own.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Sounds like some Canadian poo poo

Sumo
Jun 17, 2005

esperterra posted:

Ketchup chips own.

:emptyquote::discourse:

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

You know whats a good regional chip: Utz's crab chips

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

All Dressed chips also own.

O Canada!!

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Only 3.6 Roentgoons per hour ... not great, not terrible.

...the meter only goes to 3.6...

Pork Pro
Ketchup chips sound like eating farts what is wrong with you all? :barf:

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
I TRIED TO BAIT THE TXPOL THREAD WITH THE WORLD'S WORST POSSIBLE TAKE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS STUPID AVATAR.

esperterra posted:

All Dressed chips also own.

O Canada!!

Uhhh wrong actually

The only chips ketchup needs to be on are sticks or wedges.

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin
You can get Lays Ketchup chips in the US sometimes. All Dressed Ruffles seem to be here to stay finally.

The BEST Ketchup chip is Old Dutch, in the box. I can't stress the importance of being in the box enough. They are so loving good. I have a buddy that sends me a giant box of them every so often. Even people that are skeptical of them even up falling in love with them.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
There are so many great Walker’s flavors you can get in the UK but not here in the US and it’s total BULLSHIT because they’re the same company as Lay’s! Let me loving buy curry/lamb & mint/roast chicken flavored crisps here, goddamnit!

The only flavors Americans want are variations of cheese and it’s so boring :argh:

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Toxic Fart Syndrome posted:

Ketchup chips sound like eating farts what is wrong with you all? :barf:

Have you tried them? They are sweet, salty, and tangy in the perfect combination.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Djarum posted:

The BEST Ketchup chip is Old Dutch, in the box. I can't stress the importance of being in the box enough. They are so loving good. I have a buddy that sends me a giant box of them every so often. Even people that are skeptical of them even up falling in love with them.

This is tea.

Lays chips are terrible.

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
I TRIED TO BAIT THE TXPOL THREAD WITH THE WORLD'S WORST POSSIBLE TAKE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS STUPID AVATAR.
sour cream and onion :vomit:

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Sour Cream and Onion is great. Also Cheddar and Sour Cream.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Jalapeno chips are like the SS3 version of potato chips.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Rhyno posted:

Jalapeno chips are like the SS3 version of potato chips.