Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
Bring back 3D Doritos, end our national nightmare once and for all, Frito-Lay!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
I TRIED TO BAIT THE TXPOL THREAD WITH THE WORLD'S WORST POSSIBLE TAKE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS STUPID AVATAR.

esperterra posted:

Sour Cream and Onion is great. Also Cheddar and Sour Cream.

What is wrong with you? :catstare:

Though yes, jalapeno chips are top tier

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Jalapeno kettle chips are whatever Goku became later. The red body fur thing? I dunno, I stopped watching DB 10 years ago.

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

Bring back 3D Doritos, end our national nightmare once and for all, Frito-Lay!

Naw, Pizza, Taco Bell Taco Supreme and BBQ Doritos. I'd be a happy man.

Actually what I REALLY want is Pizzarias again. They were the GREATEST chips. I feel bad for all the people under the age of like 30 that never got to try them.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

We gots dem BBQ Dewritos in Canadia.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Rhyno posted:

Jalapeno kettle chips are whatever Goku became later. The red body fur thing? I dunno, I stopped watching DB 10 years ago.

I loving love Jalapeno kettle chips. I literally just polished off a bag of them.

Have you tried the Pepperoncini? They're very similar but have a bit more zest to them and a tiny bit less heat. Pretty great also.

Those two plus sea salt and vinegar are the best beer chips ever made.

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
I TRIED TO BAIT THE TXPOL THREAD WITH THE WORLD'S WORST POSSIBLE TAKE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS STUPID AVATAR.

Zaphod42 posted:

I loving love Jalapeno kettle chips. I literally just polished off a bag of them.

Have you tried the Pepperoncini? They're very similar but have a bit more zest to them and a tiny bit less heat. Pretty great also.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Big Mean Jerk posted:

There are so many great Walker’s flavors you can get in the UK but not here in the US and it’s total BULLSHIT because they’re the same company as Lay’s! Let me loving buy curry/lamb & mint/roast chicken flavored crisps here, goddamnit!

The only flavors Americans want are variations of cheese and it’s so boring :argh:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jrVbtqTEFZw&t=469s

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin

esperterra posted:

We gots dem BBQ Dewritos in Canadia.

I wonder if they are the same as they had in the States in the 90s.

I really miss the Taco Supreme Doritos. They were so much better than the old/current Taco flavor. They also went amazing with guacamole.

The summer of 96, after I injured my knee I was basically nearly bed ridden for weeks. I did nothing but stay up almost all night listening to the radio, playing Mario RPG, eating Taco Supreme Doritos with guac and drinking what was likely the last Coke II in existence. Some of the best memories of my life.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

Zaphod42 posted:

Pepperoncini kettle chips are a top 5 for me.

My current favorite chips are the Paqui Salsa Verde and Jalapeño Tropicale flavors. Trader Joe’s has an Elote corn chip that’s friggin excellent right now too.

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin
There are Taco Bell Fire Sauce chips out right now that are excellent. The only issue is they are expensive. 5 bucks for a bag compared to 3ish for a bigger bag of Doritos.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ayImIgdgLEI

this is art

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

What does CBS All Access even have besides the new Star Trek shows and Jordan Peele's Twilight Zone?

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Definitely the first time she's ever cooked anything

holy poo poo

"my infamous lasagna" definitely following someone else's instructions the whole time lmao

E: AHAHAHAHA oh my god watch her try to brown that meat

Zaphod42 fucked around with this message at 08:34 on Jan 29, 2020

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
Jesus christ it’s like watching an alien try to cook human food for the first time

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
More Parks and Rec talk because I'm still working through season 7 -

I feel like the abbreviated season did more harm than good. You have really 7 distinct groups that they have to account for (Ben and Leslie), (Andy and April), Ron, Tom, Donna, Gerry, and Craig. But I feel like they don't have enough space in the abbreviated season to really explore the directions of every group. So everything ends up feeling really rushed and all the characters feel like they are distilled down to their top two character quirks with no depth beyond that.

This season is better than season 1, but I don't know if I'd say I'm having a better time than season 2. It's really close.

Just finished episode 10.

Current ranking: 5 > 3 > 6 > 4 > 2 = 7 > 1

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Zaphod42 posted:

holy poo poo

"my infamous lasagna" definitely following someone else's instructions the whole time lmao

I get the vibe she actually has cooked before, but is used to having people prep everything for her lmfao

these spoons are brutal

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I’m honestly amazed she didn’t drop it on the floor and invoke the five second rule. Although that might have been too relatable.

That may actually be the first time I saw someone cook lasagna and didn’t want some.

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 09:36 on Jan 29, 2020

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

esperterra posted:

I get the vibe she actually has cooked before, but is used to having people prep everything for her lmfao

these spoons are brutal

I dunno, I get like Donald Trump vibes from her where she's got no skills but has to pretend she's perfect anyways because ego.

But she's also not super smart or good at lying so you can see it slip. At the end she's like literally "Lasagna is like, very hard to make! Well, actually, I don't think it is, but lots of people think it is. But its actually really fun and really easy.... but I guess it is a lot of steps compared to like, making Toast or something"

:psyduck: That's straight out of the DT playbook to just say "lots of people are saying this!"

Also the way she forgets the onion or garlic, but then shrugs it off with "eh I don't want onion or garlic in mine!" but then later when she puts her sunglasses on she's like "these are great when you're cutting onions!". That and she calls it her famous lasagna recipe like this is her way of making it, but then decides to skip on an ingredient this time? If this is hers then why does the recipe just not have onion then? Why would she go get onions only to not use them...

I mean I'm clearly overthinking this and need to go to bed but gah! Every step of that was awful in some way. I am the worst cook on the planet Earth, I've never learned how to cook, but I can cook a basic spaghetti or lasagna that poo poo's easy. She looks like she's never browned ground beef before. I wouldn't eat that its probably all full of bacteria.

The thing that bothers me the most, oddly, is how she's like "No tap water! Blah! You don't know what's in those sewers!" and uses bottled water. Not to add to the cooking, but so she can dampen a paper towel. To pick up salt. To throw away.
A drop of tap water ain't gonna kill you oh my god!
(And then after acknowledging that was too much salt, she adds Himalayan Salt! WHAT)

Zaphod42 fucked around with this message at 09:43 on Jan 29, 2020

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I mean she did at least understand the rough mechanics of lasagna construction. I could maybe buy that she’s seen someone put the prepared parts together or something.

But no, that’s a person who has clearly never chopped an onion, boiled/“steamed” pasta, or made a meat sauce in her life. Even without like the dozens of incompetent “chef” screwups or the theme of encouraging her viewers to buy premade stuff because cooking is brutal.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

The best part is her fingerless gloves.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

I hope she makes 7 seasons of this.

Also bring back The Simple Life.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

esperterra posted:

I hope she makes 7 seasons of this.
That sort of dedication to something would be completely off brand because then she probably would just accidentally learn to cook something.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

And thwn she can join Martha and Snoop's potluck

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Zaphod42 posted:

holy poo poo

That salt just went everywhere

This is hilarious :allears:

esperterra posted:

The best part is her fingerless gloves.
Her "chef gloves"!

It's kinda wild how she doesn't look like she's aged at all since The Simple Life and that started airing just over 16 YEARS AGO. I'm assuming she's had work done.

Rageaholic fucked around with this message at 10:14 on Jan 29, 2020

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I was a fan of putting on oven mits to put the cold lasagna in the cold oven.

Or how she never once washed her hands despite spraying perfume, handling raw meat, or holding a dog.

Or that she sprayed the perfume on the food immediately before saying not to.

Or the barbecue spatula on the non stick pan.

Or just the complete no sell of abandoning the garlic and onion.

Or that there was absolutely no other seasoning or flavor besides too much salt and pepper.

Or the tip that sunglasses keep you from crying while chopping onions.

But I didn’t know what Himalayan Pink Salt was so initially I thought she put salt peter on it. That was actually disappointingly competent in comparison.

Rageaholic posted:

It's kinda wild how she doesn't look like she's aged at all since The Simple Life and that started airing just over 16 YEARS AGO. I'm assuming she's had work done.
More money than you could ever spend and not a single day of hard work has its perks.

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 10:18 on Jan 29, 2020

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Thing is if she'd be honest it'd be fine and maybe even endearing?

"I'm Paris Hilton and I'm not great at cooking but lets give it a shot! Cooking can be fun! Lets learn together."

Rageaholic posted:

t's kinda wild how she doesn't look like she's aged at all since The Simple Life and that started airing just over 16 YEARS AGO. I'm assuming she's had work done.

She doesn't look older but she does look different so ... maybe. Her voice sounds older though.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Yeah Paris cooking is weird but did y’all not see that dude who said season 5 of Parks was the best one??

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Zaphod42 posted:

Thing is if she'd be honest it'd be fine and maybe even endearing?

"I'm Paris Hilton and I'm not great at cooking but lets give it a shot! Cooking can be fun! Lets learn together."

She doesn't look older but she does look different so ... maybe. Her voice sounds older though.

Right after Paris got out of jail there was a candid shot of her looking incredibly grateful and, dare I say it, humbled to be back in the real world and it's the only time I've ever seen her express an honest emotion.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Is there any sitcom where any season beyond the third is the best one?

Like, I guess I could see someone go to bat for a later Cheers or MASH season, but the vast majority of sitcoms are creatively exhausted by that point and either coasting with new riffs on the same old jokes or grasping for anything to keep them fresh. Like, 30 Rock remained great as it went and the quality of writing remained high, but after a few seasons it was just more of the same.

WaffleACAB
Oct 31, 2010

feedmyleg posted:

Is there any sitcom where any season beyond the third is the best one?

Like, I guess I could see someone go to bat for a later Cheers or MASH season, but the vast majority of sitcoms are creatively exhausted by that point and either coasting with new riffs on the same old jokes or grasping for anything to keep them fresh. Like, 30 Rock remained great as it went and the quality of writing remained high, but after a few seasons it was just more of the same.

The Simpsons, Curb, South Park and Always Sunny imo. Which particular post-3rd season is the best for each is another discussion that I'm too lazy to start.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Seinfeld

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Is there an app like Letterboxd for TV ?

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

Roth posted:

What does CBS All Access even have besides the new Star Trek shows and Jordan Peele's Twilight Zone?

Doesn't it have the back catalogue of CBS shows? I don't have All Access but I thought I had read that.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

bowmore posted:

Criticker has TV shows on it. But they’re not separate from movies which I find really annoying

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

bowmore posted:

I'm working at a company that's going to launch something in the next month or two which has this functionality and much more. Gonna give everyone here and CineD a heads up when we're in open beta.

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE

Roth posted:

I mentioned it a couple of pages ago but in trying to justify CBS all access instead of just Picard I discovered Bob Hearts Abishola. It's a typical Chuck Lorre show but it's pretty progressive although it does use some dumb stereotypes. I'm still enjoying it at least. Other than that, not really from what I can see. Heck it doesn't even have all of the shows I expected it to have because for the past 20 years they've sold off some partnership properties.

Also, jalapeno kettle chips are the best.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

No Activity is definitely something to check out if you happen to have all-access.

All access isn't something I would have much of the year, but a 2 month or so stint once or twice a year is fine to watch some stuff.

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE
Oh duh I didn't even think about shows I'm keeping up with otherwise.

Evil (This isn't an All Access exclusive it's just really good)
Star Trek Discovery
Short Treks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

I tried to watch No Activity but I despise the gimmick