Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A Grand Egg
Jan 12, 2020

by Pragmatica

LifeSunDeath posted:

Cathy Mitchel crawled up from hell to drag us all down into it

DIET SODA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

Zwille posted:

Somebody took that kiwi pizza to the next level.

https://twitter.com/Medienwandler/status/1221524592197398529?s=20

"Pizza quattro atrocità" and he regrets he didn't do a Nutella crust

Do a Nutella crust and use Ricotta instead of Mozz and you've got a kickin rad gourmet dessert pizza.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out
That’s a fairly good joke (“4 Jahreszeiten” -> “4 Grausamkeiten”) but honestly I would eat that as is :shrug:

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

LifeSunDeath posted:

Cathy Mitchel crawled up from hell to drag us all down into it

Couldn't resist making the obvious correction

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench
Edit: I was beaten to the joke by hours, nevermind

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
this sandwich doesnt fit, oh well serve it anyway

alabama cum chicken

would

i'm super into licking the outside of glasses at restaurants, surely they're cleaned as well as the inside

always hilarious to me

in iowa there is only corn

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

LifeSunDeath posted:

this sandwich doesnt fit, oh well serve it anyway

alabama cum chicken

would

i'm super into licking the outside of glasses at restaurants, surely they're cleaned as well as the inside

always hilarious to me

in iowa there is only corn

Hard would to all of those, except the chili on spaghetti. What the gently caress, Ohio?

Edit: California gets avocado toast? Ok, gently caress you foodnetwork.com.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

It's a modified version of this: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pastitsio

The Greek immigrant who created it called it chili because he was Greek and thought it sounded good.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Rotten Red Rod posted:

Hard would to all of those, except the chili on spaghetti. What the gently caress, Ohio?

Edit: California gets avocado toast? Ok, gently caress you foodnetwork.com.

You need to try it sometime, it's actually good.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out
Cincinnati chili is awesome, even though it’s not very chili like.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

AlbieQuirky posted:

Cincinnati chili is awesome, even though it’s not very chili like.

Mods?!

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Pigsfeet on Rye posted:

I have and it's good, but California is the land of amazing Mexican and Asian food and being defined by a "lol those millennials" meme is pretty dumb

But it's a listicle on foodnetwork so I don't know why I really care

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

LifeSunDeath posted:

Yeah, almost certainly?

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Based on my experience cleaning glasses, the outside is probably cleaner than the inside tbh.

Hands too big, can't reach :negative:

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar

Pigsfeet on Rye posted:

It's good but nothing special though. You never see anyone going batshit over whoever invented butter on toast, but it is also another thing that can vastly improve a dried out piece of bread. also california has poo poo mexican food. Go to new mexico if you want anything good.

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

LifeSunDeath posted:

i'm super into licking the outside of glasses at restaurants, surely they're cleaned as well as the inside.

If anything they should be cleaned better, since there's more surface area for hot water to flow over in the industrial dishwasher/sanitizer.

E: missed a few posts there.

E2:

Rotten Red Rod posted:

I have and it's good, but California is the land of amazing Mexican and Asian food and being defined by a "lol those millennials" meme is pretty dumb

But it's a listicle on foodnetwork so I don't know why I really care

I think it has to be a dish that was developed locally, so most other culture's cuisine is out, unless it has significant local flair.

I.E. Seattle could claim Teriyaki as a local specialty, since the local version is a fast-food staple that diverges from the original dish enough to be a local staple, but could not claim Sushi.

Elviscat has a new favorite as of 03:47 on Jan 30, 2020

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

yeah I eat rear end posted:

also california has poo poo mexican food. Go to new mexico if you want anything good.

You, me, duel at high noon

Edit: lol according to this list new mexico gets FRITO PIE, I feel vindicated

Elviscat posted:

I think it has to be a dish that was developed locally, so most other culture's cuisine is out, unless it has significant local flair.

California burrito

CALIFORNIA BURRITO

Edit: also new hampshire gets poutine so no

Rotten Red Rod has a new favorite as of 03:56 on Jan 30, 2020

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
Personally I've got the munchies for a California Cheeseburger

e: goddamnit

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Rotten Red Rod posted:

California burrito

CALIFORNIA BURRITO

Maybe they didn't list the CALIFORNIA BURRITO because shoving loving fries in a burrito just makes it into a lovely, starch and grease filled approximation of a burrito and it wasn't a list of "the cultural cuisine most defiled by each state" although that might be a better listicle.

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Caveat: I've been to California a bunch of times, but the only place I've had a California Burrito is in Norway.

But, Norway eats the 2nd most tacos of any country in the world, so it was probably a pretty good version, it tasted like a burrito a 5 year old made.

I think Norway eating more tacos than the US is mostly due to most native Norwegian foods fitting in this thread.

Here, have a pickle:

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Who the gently caress's idea of a "california burrito" involves fries

Helith
Nov 5, 2009

Basket of Adorables

I think you'll find that Avocado Toast is Australian actually :chef:

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
San Diego degenerates

(Speaking as a former San Diegan)

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

The best style of burrito has, and always will be, the Mission Burrito.

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Elviscat posted:

Maybe they didn't list the CALIFORNIA BURRITO because shoving loving fries in a burrito just makes it into a lovely, starch and grease filled approximation of a burrito and it wasn't a list of "the cultural cuisine most defiled by each state" although that might be a better listicle.

California Burritos are amazing and delicious, but regardless, I'm over here giggling that New Mexico got Frito Pie

Data Graham posted:

Who the gently caress's idea of a "california burrito" involves fries

That's literally what it is though...?

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
They're thinking of mission burritos

Mission burritos were successfully exported tho, so less uniquely Californian

Yeah, the national chain burritos suck, so does national chain everything else

California invented the drive thru, that's a thing

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Yeah I guess I must be, but the question still remains then .... where is "California burrito" a thing? Who defines that?

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
San Diego, and any restaurant who's name ends in "berto's" and has been operating for more than 20 years, of which there are about a dozen

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Data Graham posted:

Yeah I guess I must be, but the question still remains then .... where is "California burrito" a thing? Who defines that?

Every Mexican food place in San Diego that has the words "California Burrito" on the menu. It's just what it's called.

And I would like to reiterate it is delicious

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Clearly I have been away from home too longnot long enough

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Data Graham posted:

California, Washington State, and Norway, based on the noted study:

"Elviscat's Empirical Observations of Burrito Naming Conventions Throughout North America and Europe."

Independently Commisioned by E. Cat 2020

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

It's all good though, come chill in the San Diego thread if you want to hear a lot about which taco shop has the best chile relleno burrito, it's like a third of what people talk about. No burrito rules! Burrito anarchy!

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

Rotten Red Rod posted:

No, burrito rules! Burrito: anarchy!

Great Metal Jesus
Jun 11, 2007

Got no use for psychiatry
I can talk to the voices
in my head for free
Mood swings like an axe
Into those around me
My tongue is a double agent
My favorite taco truck in the north bay has a California burrito and it involves fries. It's v good. Not my favorite burrito, but good.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Rotten Red Rod posted:

It's all good though, come chill in the San Diego thread if you want to hear a lot about which taco shop has the best chile relleno burrito, it's like a third of what people talk about. No burrito rules! Burrito anarchy!

Chile relleno burritos are amazing

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

The Glumslinger posted:

Chile relleno burritos are amazing

With fries though, right? California Chile relleno burrito.

Edit: WET.

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Rotten Red Rod posted:

San Dog thread in which sub? I have to travel there for work soon, and I could use a Chili Relleno Burrito.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Elviscat posted:

San Dog thread in which sub? I have to travel there for work soon, and I could use a Chili Relleno Burrito.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3032524&pagenumber=214&perpage=40

People coming into the thread visiting San Diego asking about where the best burrito is like a running gag there. They always answer and start burrito chat yet again tho.