Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

Dr.Radical posted:

I have a hard time believing noted Massachusetts Dumb Guy Mike Mitchell liked My Dinner With Andre

it was the dinner part that sold him

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Dr.Radical posted:

I have a hard time believing noted Massachusetts Dumb Guy Mike Mitchell liked My Dinner With Andre

it looked like a nice meal!!!

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

When a friend recommended the show years ago I gave it a try and wasn’t terribly interested in the long discussions with occasional bouts of humor, but when I tried again with newer episodes it’s like a different show with more energy and fun and Wiger being Wiger.

I’ve been going through the archive but sticking to newer stuff, is there a notable point when the hilarity skyrocketed? The 2016 eps aren’t bad but nothing compared to an attempt to use the WWE cookbook.

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

I WILL JUST EAT ONE MORE SANDWICH
OH MY HEAD EXPLORDED I'M JAY FATSTER
Dream Mitchy is the show's highest high.

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

Hyrax Attack! posted:

When a friend recommended the show years ago I gave it a try and wasn’t terribly interested in the long discussions with occasional bouts of humor, but when I tried again with newer episodes it’s like a different show with more energy and fun and Wiger being Wiger.

I’ve been going through the archive but sticking to newer stuff, is there a notable point when the hilarity skyrocketed? The 2016 eps aren’t bad but nothing compared to an attempt to use the WWE cookbook.

Maybe Pizza Hut with Neil Campbell or Wendy's with Paul Rust? I like the earlier episodes, but these are two pretty silly episodes. I feel like it didn't take that long for both hosts to lean into their personas and bits.

Piquai Souban
Mar 21, 2007

Manque du respect: toujours.
Triple bas cinq: toujours.
The Gillian Jacobs Taco Bell (4?) episode was when I *got it*.

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

WerthersWay posted:

Maybe Pizza Hut with Neil Campbell or Wendy's with Paul Rust? I like the earlier episodes, but these are two pretty silly episodes. I feel like it didn't take that long for both hosts to lean into their personas and bits.

Piquai Souban posted:

The Gillian Jacobs Taco Bell (4?) episode was when I *got it*.

Thanks! Downloading now

Dr.Radical
Apr 3, 2011
I really enjoyed the Paul F Tompkins KFC episode because of some heavy hot salad talk and because PFT is always a good guest.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Every Fran Gillespie and Alana Johnston episode is gold.

Dick Holden
Jul 18, 2003

Purple!
Chuck E. Cheese's with Erin McGathy is always an episode I go back to. Mitchs reaction to Erin telling him she used to like him is when I was like, "Oh, he's really like this". And the image of Mitch and Wiger getting a table at a child filled Chuck E Cheese delights me.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
didn't chuck e cheese also have them talking about 'voluminous' wet dreams and 'family cucking'?

If so it's easily the most Doughboys episode.

Live At Five!
Feb 15, 2008
I think it's the Sharky's ep where Erin tells Mitch that she liked him. Either way both are great eps.

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

sexpig by night posted:

didn't chuck e cheese also have them talking about 'voluminous' wet dreams and 'family cucking'?

If so it's easily the most Doughboys episode.

thats a very good ep and also the one i unfortunately chose to play on a 5 hour road trip with my mom in the car.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Live At Five! posted:

I think it's the Sharky's ep where Erin tells Mitch that she liked him. Either way both are great eps.

The Sharky's episode has one of my favorite Mitch bits, where the question of "Is baby corn actual baby corn or a different plant entirely" comes up and his immediate reaction is "Well, it better not be bugs." That's stuck with me for years, I once tried to convince my friends' kid that baby corn is bugs.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
I’m always impressed by Nick “the burger boy” Wiger’s inability to say what he wants on his hamburger. Also, Culvers has fully dressed burgs on their menu so I doubly don’t get what confused him this time

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Doughboys is an experiment to see how many times a man can go to a burger place without default toppings before he develops a standard order instead of panicking.

As a result, the show will never end.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

A few episodes back, I'm disappointed they didn't do cocaine with some rando, can't imagine anyone whose "coke night" stories could be better then Wiger.

Serf
May 5, 2011

the funniest doughboys bit recently was in the new your kickstarter sucks premium where someone wrote in to tell them he can't hear the premium episodes because he is supporting doughboys instead

The Narrator
Aug 11, 2011

bernie would have won

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

A few episodes back, I'm disappointed they didn't do cocaine with some rando, can't imagine anyone whose "coke night" stories could be better then Wiger.

I can suck my own dick

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

Wiger accused Sully of flying the Lolita express

WEH
Feb 22, 2009

drat if mitchs dumb rear end hadn’t gotten a film credit they could’ve taken the ferry from Milwaukee to Muskegon and not had a seven hour drive to Detroit

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Went to the San Francisco show on sunday and it was a weird energy. 7:30 PM on a Sunday is not conducive to hilarity, and I think Wiger was shook up from the Kobe thing.

Plus the guests were the Sloppy Boys, so it was too many people on stage and it wasn't the best show. The end was good with two incredible Mitch fuckups, but I listened to the Culvers one on the way down to the City and I longed for Carl Tart to be up there talking about Boudin Bakery.

I'd give it 3.5 forks.

The Narrator
Aug 11, 2011

bernie would have won

Spoeank posted:

Went to the San Francisco show on sunday and it was a weird energy. 7:30 PM on a Sunday is not conducive to hilarity, and I think Wiger was shook up from the Kobe thing.

Plus the guests were the Sloppy Boys, so it was too many people on stage and it wasn't the best show. The end was good with two incredible Mitch fuckups, but I listened to the Culvers one on the way down to the City and I longed for Carl Tart to be up there talking about Boudin Bakery.

I'd give it 3.5 forks.

Hey, that's a gud score!

The Narrator
Aug 11, 2011

bernie would have won
I've been relistening to some old 'boys, and one thing I love and think is really representative of the podcast is the Hot or Not segment, because they start with a 6-point rating scale from Not Not Not to Not Not to Not to Hot to Hot Hot to Hot Hot Hot, then IIRC in the first outing for the segment they add a 7th point in the middle, Not Hot, then as the eps go by they completely forget that one and start doing fractional scores like Hot and a Half

Also Pie in This Guy because it's almost always determined by who goes first and it has two completely useless lifelines: Smell Test, where the contestant gets to smell the pie, and Phone a Friend

beerinator
Feb 21, 2003

Spoeank posted:

I'd give it 3.5 forks.

Wow

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

The Narrator posted:

I've been relistening to some old 'boys, and one thing I love and think is really representative of the podcast is the Hot or Not segment, because they start with a 6-point rating scale from Not Not Not to Not Not to Not to Hot to Hot Hot to Hot Hot Hot, then IIRC in the first outing for the segment they add a 7th point in the middle, Not Hot, then as the eps go by they completely forget that one and start doing fractional scores like Hot and a Half

Also Pie in This Guy because it's almost always determined by who goes first and it has two completely useless lifelines: Smell Test, where the contestant gets to smell the pie, and Phone a Friend

One thing I miss from the old episodes is when Wiger misspoke during the intros he’d be like “hold up, lets pick it up right before that” or something similar, expecting Dustin to actually edit it. Emma is much too competent and professional to allow us these thrilling looks behind the curtain. I also miss the very audible depressed sigh Mitch would always let out the second the record started.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Dustin seems like a real disaster person

cams
Mar 28, 2003

has anyone talked about how the promotional shot for the movie mitch is in makes mitch look so out of place and that he could have easily been photoshopped in as a joke?

turtleface
May 28, 2003

I'm helping
He's got it better than whoever the person fully obscured on the far right side is at least...

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

quote:

The fate of a futuristic war rests upon one man's abilities to confront the ghosts of his past. Humanity is losing to an alien invasion, so to fight back, scientists develop a way to draft soldiers from the past to fight the war.

I’m guessing Mitch’s character will be drafted from the Cola Wars.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

I bet his name is like Big Chongo or something

cams
Mar 28, 2003

mitch's character shows up, asks chris pratt if he likes the doritos locos taco, he says no, and mitch shoots him in the face. roll credits.

Serf
May 5, 2011

lmao the guy in the latest episode asking that question at the end is a real scumbag

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

I like whenever Mitch imagines a scenario where Wiger dies, he has cartoon X’s over his eyes

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Spoeank posted:

Went to the San Francisco show on sunday and it was a weird energy.
Every Doughboys live show has a weird energy. The crowds are always super antagonistic and Mitch and Wiger are always terrified of making them angrier.

I love the live shows.

Live At Five!
Feb 15, 2008

caligulamprey posted:

Every Doughboys live show has a weird energy. The crowds are always super antagonistic and Mitch and Wiger are always terrified of making them angrier.

I love the live shows.

I was at the Dallas show where they reviewed Whataburger and they were 100% scared to say anything bad about it. Wiger compared it to In n Out in his intro and everyone booed loud enough to stop him. 10/10 great show. Also Dallas has tons of In n Out and it just doesnt compare, loving chalk rear end fries.

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

Mitch was baffled by how people in Wisconsin are able to have sex

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

cams posted:

has anyone talked about how the promotional shot for the movie mitch is in makes mitch look so out of place and that he could have easily been photoshopped in as a joke?

Lol, I didn't realize Mitch was costarring with a cast of 20

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Live At Five! posted:

I was at the Dallas show where they reviewed Whataburger and they were 100% scared to say anything bad about it. Wiger compared it to In n Out in his intro and everyone booed loud enough to stop him. 10/10 great show. Also Dallas has tons of In n Out and it just doesnt compare, loving chalk rear end fries.

Doughboys live has such a unique energy it's great. Like, no poo poo the people who paid actual cash money to go to the show are fans but they're one of the only audiences just daring the podcast they like to make them angrier at them.

It probably helps that one of the hosts is like this

Hyrax Attack! posted:

Mitch was baffled by how people in Wisconsin are able to have sex

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008

sexpig by night posted:

Doughboys live has such a unique energy it's great. Like, no poo poo the people who paid actual cash money to go to the show are fans but they're one of the only audiences just daring the podcast they like to make them angrier at them.

Pro wrestling is like this. It kind of makes sense since both Nick and Mitch are wrestling fans.