Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe
I really do not know why they could not just have made Pokemon Home the new thing and retroactively made Bank a part of Home. Why do I have to maintain separate accounts for both with separate renewals that I have to keep track of? What is going to happen when Nintendo brings out the successor to the Switch and there is a Pokemon game for that console, is there then going to be a third thing to separately keep track of and pay for?

Seriously if Bank and Home were a single thing you paid for together, even if it came to the same amount of money, it would feel a lot less onerous.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GoodBee
Apr 8, 2004

J.A.B.C. posted:

I already came to peace with my mons being dead, sorry gamefreak but I'm different

I haven't opened my old games to look at my mons. Right now I have Schrodinger's mons.

Craptacular! posted:

The original Kanto starters are getting giga forms in the DLC so it's possible you don't even need to buy any additional games to get their Dex entires. They're also in Let's Go, which should allow you to move them to SwSh using Home's free tier.

Regardless, between SWSH and USUM you should be able to acquire everything. As with the DLC, the problem is not enough information. We can't tell you what you should or shouldn't buy for what result because due to a combination of wanting to surprise players in the case of the DLC, and the usual Nintendo "you'll just have to wait to answer your own questions after you buy it" approach to online services with Home.

I just meant subscribing to Bank and Home. I've got at least one of each evo line, somewhere, but I can breed up some babies for the Home dex. I should probably get all my mons in a row before I pay for a subscription.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

I got this for a Ratatta on GTS.

Hammerite posted:

I really do not know why they could not just have made Pokemon Home the new thing and retroactively made Bank a part of Home. Why do I have to maintain separate accounts for both with separate renewals that I have to keep track of? What is going to happen when Nintendo brings out the successor to the Switch and there is a Pokemon game for that console, is there then going to be a third thing to separately keep track of and pay for?

Seriously if Bank and Home were a single thing you paid for together, even if it came to the same amount of money, it would feel a lot less onerous.

Since Home is accessible through mobile devices, they might not even need to make a third storage system and keep upgrading that.

Of course, now that the policy going forward is to not program every Pokemon into the games themselves, the only way to even have a living dex in a single place going forward is to pay for Home. Which is a huge deal breaker for many.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

They really should merge Home and Bank with PoGo so you can go out, catch pokemon, hatch eggs, then trade them to your games

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Vinylshadow posted:

They really should merge Home and Bank with PoGo so you can go out, catch pokemon, hatch eggs, then trade them to your games

This honestly sounds like the plan they're trying to implement, but they don't want the central point of contact between everything to be Go itself and I guess they decided Bank was not up to task for this, so let's go, new service.

JoeGlassJAw
Apr 9, 2010

I can't find a Riolu for the life of me and I'm not sure I even want one that bad but after spending as much time as I have running around giants cap on blizzard conditions and not finding one it's a principle thing now. I'm in hell

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

JoeGlassJAw posted:

I can't find a Riolu for the life of me and I'm not sure I even want one that bad but after spending as much time as I have running around giants cap on blizzard conditions and not finding one it's a principle thing now. I'm in hell

There's an overworld Lucario over at North Lake Miloch during normal weather.

JoeGlassJAw
Apr 9, 2010

ChaosArgate posted:

There's an overworld Lucario over at North Lake Miloch during normal weather.

poo poo. thank you

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

toon ganondorf

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd

Augus posted:

toon ganondorf
Honestly, Tetra & WW Ganon could both play really differently from their counterparts, but if we didn't get them for the WW HD release, we'll never get them. Like, WW Ganon uses twin swords and sweet acrobatic flips, you could go the complete opposite direction from "slow tank of death" OoT ganon

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

I think y'all got Ultra Wormholed to the wrong thread. Get those Ultra Posts out of here!

DemoneeHo
Nov 9, 2017

Come on hee-ho, just give us 300 more macca

If we're still talking about who should get in smash, then the fighter representing SwSh should be Appletun, because he is perfect

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

DemoneeHo posted:

If we're still talking about who should get in smash, then the fighter representing SwSh should be Appletun, because he is perfect

Appletun is too slow to be a good mon rep. You might as well put dead Corsola in there.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
https://twitter.com/YamiArtio/status/1222610873266704385?s=19

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016
I didn't play Gen V. Why is Pokemon Dreamworld crossed out?

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

lezard_valeth posted:

That service closed years ago.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

yeah was fully dead by the time i tried those games. but i mean who can blame them the cost to gamefreak must have been astronomical

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

...it would be pretty funny to go back to my original Blue cart and save my original Venasaur, assuming the battery's lasted all this time...

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

lezard_valeth posted:

As others have mentioned it's dead, but everything else is still theoretically feasible so long as you have the hardware.

Pentaro
May 5, 2013

There was something charming about Pokemon Dream World, despite it barely working. Have fond memories of the ice cream game. :shobon:

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Cipher Pol 9 posted:

I think y'all got Ultra Wormholed to the wrong thread. Get those Ultra Posts out of here!

toon ganondorf should be in pokemon

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

I got this for a Ratatta on GTS.

Shouldn't Pokemon Ranch be crossed out to since the Wii console is closed down as well?

Of course, going by that logic, anything older then the 3DS should be crossed out since those games are no longer in print either.

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

DemoneeHo posted:

The game director of Smash wanted Hank Hill in Smash and almost succeeded before Disney squashed the deal when they bought Fox. More proof we live in the worst tine line.

Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

I think if any gen 8 Pokémon is getting in Smash, it will probably be Rillaboom. We already have a water starter with Greninja and a fire starter with Incineroar.

Either that or Urshifu.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

Nessa posted:

I think if any gen 8 Pokémon is getting in Smash, it will probably be Rillaboom. We already have a water starter with Greninja and a fire starter with Incineroar.

Either that or Urshifu.

Rillaboom owns bones. I'm also partial to Copperajah :toot:

DemoneeHo
Nov 9, 2017

BIG FLUFFY DOG posted:

The game director of Smash wanted Hank Hill in Smash and almost succeeded before Disney squashed the deal when they bought Fox. More proof we live in the worst tine line.

Haven't you learned that telling lies like that will only cause us pro-pain?

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
Hank Brings The Pro-Pain

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
(And Pro-Pain Accessories)

Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

canyoneer posted:

Rillaboom owns bones. I'm also partial to Copperajah :toot:

I think Rillaboom could be cool in Smash and be very different to Donkey Kong with some ranged grass attacks.

GoodBee
Apr 8, 2004

That looks easier than I expected. I only have to get everything onto Black/White and then I can dump it into bank.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

more like rillabust

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

Make Hank Hill a Pokemon

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

BIG FLUFFY DOG posted:

Make Hank Hill a Pokemon

No. Make it Dale.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Dale Gribble was already represented in Pokemon by the beloved Pidgeot 'Bird Jesus'

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

Nessa posted:

Either that or Urshifu.

That's what I thought about Decidueye and had that hope crushed. I just know that the forgotten Kong cousin could get in, but I'm not holding my breath.

Geostomp fucked around with this message at 23:45 on Jan 29, 2020

DemoneeHo
Nov 9, 2017

Peggy would use a team of the following six Unown: B O G G L E

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Geostomp posted:

That's what I thought about Decidueye and had that hope crushed.

Hot Topic Owl would be a bad pick because the game has like a dozen archers/ranged fighters but 0 Wrassle Lords.

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

GoodBee posted:

That looks easier than I expected. I only have to get everything onto Black/White and then I can dump it into bank.

My question is how many games do you actually need to get the complete Pokédex into bank/home.? I mean all the games prior to sword shield. Because UM, Pokémon go, Pikachu let’s go.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

LionArcher posted:

My question is how many games do you actually need to get the complete Pokédex into bank/home.? I mean all the games prior to sword shield. Because UM, Pokémon go, Pikachu let’s go.

Pretty sure it's possible with just Gen 6 and 7, excluding mythicals.