Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

the mean lunch lady
Jun 24, 2009

went mad at sea
lots were drawn
Kroenke didn't survive
he was delicious

Grittybeard posted:

On the bright side all I had to do was poo poo on them and they didn't get blown out by a bad Georgia team at home. And somehow actually won.

we did it!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
It really didn't make sense when Williams, who was dominating the game early in the 2nd half and wasn't in foul trouble was on the bench from like 8:00 to 3 and change. Especially cause Johnson was hurt, in foul trouble or both.

vikingstrike
Sep 23, 2007

whats happening, captain
Imagine the reaction if any other coach turned around and yelled at the fans like that.

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!

mcmagic posted:

They are top 25 in the Kempom ranks. Just not the AP.

Yeah, I know.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

vikingstrike posted:

Imagine the reaction if any other coach turned around and yelled at the fans like that.

Eh, college sports fans tend to be pretty predisposed towards bootlicking it would probably still be mostly "good for him putting those mouthy rude kids in their place." Just look at the reaction Izzo got last year for nearly getting in a fight with Henry

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
It's time to put down the Lobos

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true
Tech's got another overtime loss to a top quadrant team... Scheduling for the Big XII didn't help us much, putting WVU and KU back-to-back as we had with BU and WVU earlier in the year, and BU and KU to finish the season.

I think Tech's gotta finish the year 7-5 or better to be in the tournament. Tough if we don't take at least one of the next two.

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!
Why did one of Wisconsin’s best players (Kobe King) just leave the team?

He said it wasn’t a fit for him as a player and person. Sort of a weird framing.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Is he a straightedge teetotaler?

I mean that would make him hate Wisconsin for sure

Kim Jong Il
Aug 16, 2003

mcmagic posted:

Yeah but Purdue is a real team that has just played a bad schedule. They have good players... I didn't expect Rutgers to destroy them. I mean they are still higher than us in the Kenpom rankings....

I agree, but I also said that Myles getting in foul trouble hurt them. Rutgers is good and I never implied they weren't. Just that these games, against good teams, are going down to the wire now.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
https://twitter.com/BadgerMBB/status/1222649407264493570?s=19

There is not a wank off emoticon big enough

ColdBlooded
Jul 15, 2001

Ask me how to run a good team into the ground.

Kim Jong Il posted:

I agree, but I also said that Myles getting in foul trouble hurt them. Rutgers is good and I never implied they weren't. Just that these games, against good teams, are going down to the wire now.

Purdue is not good - hope that helps

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Greg Gard sucks

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

Tell me about the rabbits, George

ColdBlooded posted:

Purdue is not good - hope that helps

They're ok at home and dogshit on the road. Too many of them have absolutely insane home / road splits.

If Wheeler can remember how to shoot (25% on the season, wtf (8% 3p% on the road WTF) and Eastern keeps improving they should steal a road win or two and sneak in to the tournament.

Also, they need to hit loving free throws. They're among the worst in D1 at getting to the line, and even worse at actually hitting them when they do get there.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

PotatoJudge posted:

They're ok at home and dogshit on the road. Too many of them have absolutely insane home / road splits.

If Wheeler can remember how to shoot (25% on the season, wtf (8% 3p% on the road WTF) and Eastern keeps improving they should steal a road win or two and sneak in to the tournament.

Also, they need to hit loving free throws. They're among the worst in D1 at getting to the line, and even worse at actually hitting them when they do get there.

I don't think there's any chance they get in without winning the B1G tourney.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Hahahahah

https://twitter.com/BFQuinn/status/1222687321880875009

I mean, what else is there to say?

Coco13
Jun 6, 2004

My advice to you is to start drinking heavily.
Chocolate Shoppe is making ice cream sandwiches using Greenbush donuts on Saturday and I am going before and after the game now.
Davison should be out for waaay longer, but it's ironic that when Wisconsin could have announced a suspension they were beaten to the punch.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
This is like the third time at least that he's hit someone in the nuts in addition to all the other dirty horseshit he does and he only gets one game?

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

what if davison played but wisconsin had to take him from the bus to the court in a hannibal lecter restraint

FartingBedpost
Aug 24, 2015

a neat cape posted:

It's time to put down the Lobos

Please only beat us by 8 or something I don’t think I can handle much more of this season.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

FartingBedpost posted:

Please only beat us by 8 or something I don’t think I can handle much more of this season.

sorry :/

FartingBedpost
Aug 24, 2015

I don’t think I’ve ever seen a team without the same starting lineup from the beginning of the year. This is what it looks like. :smith:

Edit: I can’t tell if we’ve given up or if we’re just bad. And all the geniuses here want to fire every head coach that isn’t Steve Alford because they have brain worms.

FartingBedpost fucked around with this message at 03:42 on Jan 30, 2020

Kim Jong Il
Aug 16, 2003
Purdue is good, they're not getting destroyed in these losses. Minnesota is kinda good in the same logic, and I would have said the same about Wisconsin before King left.

Ohio State is not good though.

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true
Tech beat WVU in an 89-81 game. Regulation score. Which is insane for a Big XII game.

Refs called 28 fouls on Tech, with two of our guards (Moretti and Edwards) fouling out. They shot 41 free throws while being down by double digits most of the game...

Craz.

TheAlmightyFrog
Oct 7, 2007

squeeeak
Kentucky survived Vandy at home. A 9 point win but they were down 7 at half and still trailed with 8 minutes to go. Kind of a perfect trap game between road matchups at Texas Tech and Auburn.

Also in the middle of a stretch where they play four straight Saturdays on the road. That just doesn't quite seem right to have to go so long without getting a weekend home game for the fans.

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.
Oh no. A public reprimand!!!

oystertoadfish
Jun 17, 2003

i know, my world is rocked by that news. the big ten just reprimanded someone! publicly!

Coco13
Jun 6, 2004

My advice to you is to start drinking heavily.
I am dying at the thought of Kobe King, who grew up in Wisconsin, went to Badger basketball camps under Bo Ryan, recruited by Greg Gard, leaving the program because he can't stand Davison's bullshit.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

Coco13 posted:

I am dying at the thought of Kobe King, who grew up in Wisconsin, went to Badger basketball camps under Bo Ryan, recruited by Greg Gard, leaving the program because he can't stand Davison's bullshit.

Sees Davidson being an rear end and thinks, "My namesake didn't die for this poo poo."

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.
They should have pulled a Duke and suspended him I definitley and then announced it was a 1 gamer.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
So we've asked this before and I'll ask it again: what in the flying gently caress is happening in the Big Ten?

https://twitter.com/umhoops/status/1223067079240310784

tOSU just had its freshman guard go on a leave of absence for an unknown time.

Edit: poo poo, it's a mental health thing. Good on him for recognizing it and stepping away. (also beaten with statement below)

facialimpediment fucked around with this message at 03:24 on Jan 31, 2020

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
https://twitter.com/DJCarton/status/1223067970672496641?s=19

Good for him, hope he figures things out

gvibes
Jan 18, 2010

Leading us to the promised land (i.e., one tournament win in five years)
ho hum, just tied for the conference lead because my coach's son's college buddy told Underwood that the only defense Underwood had coached over the last decade+ actually sucked, and so he implemented basically the opposite defense.

e: also the awesome freshman big man dived to the floor to grab a rebound up by eight with less than a second left to get himself a double double.

gvibes fucked around with this message at 03:45 on Jan 31, 2020

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
https://twitter.com/EditorEdge/status/1223059103947395072

This is strangely beautiful. Women's BB, the final was 87-32.

I'm sure there's a more unfair sport than women's college hoops but I don't know what it is.

Grittybeard fucked around with this message at 04:47 on Jan 31, 2020

oystertoadfish
Jun 17, 2003

the Marist red foxes defy thee

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

gvibes posted:

ho hum, just tied for the conference lead because my coach's son's college buddy told Underwood that the only defense Underwood had coached over the last decade+ actually sucked, and so he implemented basically the opposite defense.

e: also the awesome freshman big man dived to the floor to grab a rebound up by eight with less than a second left to get himself a double double.

Is that actually what happened? My friends have been telling me this team is good just due to kofi, I didn't know about a scheme change

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!
Looks like Zavier Simpson will not be traveling to NYC for Michigan's home game vs a top 25 Rutgers.

I really dislike how Warde Manuel does scheduling.

E: Looks like I read bad info, he will be playing b

Regnevelc fucked around with this message at 23:52 on Jan 31, 2020

gvibes
Jan 18, 2010

Leading us to the promised land (i.e., one tournament win in five years)

mastershakeman posted:

Is that actually what happened? My friends have been telling me this team is good just due to kofi, I didn't know about a scheme change
Yes. Totally different defense. Past defenses crowded passing lanes, which led to fouls, forced turnovers, but gave up easy baskets on back-doors and poo poo. This year, basic pack-line stuff.

Easiest to see statistically in the foul/turnover metrics. Last year (consistent with Underwood's teams in the past) we forced the most turnovers in conference play (20.9% of possessions), while fouling a ton (43.9% FTA/FGA, worst in conference), and also giving up a ton of easy baskets (gave up 54.3% on 2s, 2nd worst in conference).

This year, we force the least turnovers in conference play (13% of possessions), foul rarely (25% FTA/FGA, third best in conference), and have the best 2pt defense in conference (42.9%).

See https://247sports.com/college/illinois/Article/Illinois-basketball-Illini-coach-Brad-Underwood-defensive-changes-142261182/

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
A basketball court shaped like a trapezoid does seem like it would pose some difficulties, I’m surprised the rules allow for it

https://twitter.com/bigtennetwork/status/1223316546141020160?s=21

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

americanzero4128
Jul 20, 2009
Grimey Drawer
I just like that he still called it Assembly Hall and not the State Farm Center.