Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
Thanks. Coulda sworn I remembered Dave and Gareth laughing about it, but it was the BTB episode.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
wh...what did the sea monkey guy do

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

sexpig by night posted:

he was apperently a KKK high dude.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

sexpig by night posted:

Uh-oh

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Dapper_Swindler posted:

he was apperently a KKK high dude.

loving what

the sea monkey dude

why's the sea monkey dude gotta hate black people, can anyone just be a normal person and make something neat

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

sexpig by night posted:

loving what

the sea monkey dude

why's the sea monkey dude gotta hate black people, can anyone just be a normal person and make something neat

Good news, there’s an episode of a good, funny podcast you can listen to and find out why his life turned the way it did

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

sexpig by night posted:

loving what

the sea monkey dude

his entire thing was making barely functioning stuff to steal money from children

also pretty sure he was Jewish which he made great strides to hide at his naxi rallies

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company

sexpig by night posted:

loving what

the sea monkey dude

rotinaj posted:

Good news, there’s an episode of a good, funny podcast you can listen to and find out why his life turned the way it did

https://www.iheart.com/podcast/105-behind-the-bastards-29236323/episode/the-terrible-secret-of-sea-monkeys-53130938/

Here now you don't even have to go looking for it

ohrwurm
Jun 25, 2003

the surprise character in the newest episode made it

Altared State
Jan 14, 2006

I think I was born to burn
Gareth needs help :sadpeanut:

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
Dave and his utter hatred for how words are pronounced/spelled will never get old.

Down to 196 episodes left to listen to.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Digital Jedi posted:

Dave and his utter hatred for how words are pronounced/spelled will never get old.

Dave getting mad when the audience critiques his pronunciation is my favorite thing. :allears:

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Sometimes I’m like oh cmon Dave you pay researchers for these episodes have them tell you how something is pronounced and then he does and someone screams at him anyway. Lol

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

prefect posted:

Dave getting mad when the audience critiques his pronunciation is my favorite thing. :allears:
Which is almost every live show

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

prefect posted:

I just finished a block of older episodes on one of their Australia tours and it's almost every city he rages about

"Aussie like Ozzie like you don't know how to spell the loving word. Okay fair enough another word you guys randomly say your word. "

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

To be fair, the latest episode he can be excused because loving Welsh. Even the audience isn't giving him poo poo because as Welsh speakers even they are all "loving Welsh".

Also, that story went from 0 to WTF in record time.

Mr Phillby
Apr 8, 2009

~TRAVIS~
Tbh I'm getting a little sick of Dave failing to grasp that place names outside of the US generally have hundreds of years of history and culture that shapes their pronounciation wheras places in the US were named last week.

I get that he's playing it up for laughs but it just makes me want to grab him, shake him vigourously and shout "EXPLAIN ARKANSAS" at him when ever he does it.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

He’s just very bad at English

He routinely fails to pronounce regular words correctly so I’m never surprised when he can’t pronounce regional or international names

terrorist ambulance
Nov 5, 2009
Also like his historical understanding is ripped wholesale from other people's work and that he doesn't have much knowledge of or appreciation for the underlying matters

srebrenica massacre?? No word starts with s and r come on, how is that a thing!!

terrorist ambulance
Nov 5, 2009
I like the dollop and its drunk rage monster but he does have his weaknesses

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

FlamingLiberal posted:

He’s just very bad at English

He routinely fails to pronounce regular words correctly so I’m never surprised when he can’t pronounce regional or international names

And he gets paid to speak into microphones lol.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

terrorist ambulance posted:

Also like his historical understanding is ripped wholesale from other people's work and that he doesn't have much knowledge of or appreciation for the underlying matters

srebrenica massacre?? No word starts with s and r come on, how is that a thing!!

I find it very humanizing that he gets irritated at foreign weirdness. If he were perfectly knowledgable and even-handed about everything, it would be less fun.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
The word colonel must give him fits

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

El Gallinero Gros posted:

I was in the military and routinely said the word Colonel and it still makes my head hurt when I see it spelled.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

It makes me pause for a second every time I see it. It's just wrong.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Think of it like colon-elle, a sub-organ of the lower intestine that is particularly lovely and dumb.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Pronounce it like it's written and say you're saying it the french way.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

SalTheBard posted:

I was in the military and routinely said the word Colonel and it still makes my head hurt when I see it spelled.

SalTheBard posted:

Just wanna point out that this series of posts happened, then the Colonel Sanders episode came up on the recommend videos, that poo poo is wacky

flesh dance
May 6, 2009

What trips me up most is when he misreads the date. The Whale in Atlantic City started off as 1838!! But then he switched up a subsequent date to 19-whatever and I remained wholly confused as to what century the thing was supposed to be taking place in up until he mentioned the dude drove a Nissan, and I was like god drat it, Anthony

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

flesh dance posted:

What trips me up most is when he misreads the date. The Whale in Atlantic City started off as 1838!! But then he switched up a subsequent date to 19-whatever and I remained wholly confused as to what century the thing was supposed to be taking place in up until he mentioned the dude drove a Nissan, and I was like god drat it, Anthony
He does that a ton also. Once in awhile Gareth catches it.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

i hope he pronounces it like Homestar.

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

I never set out to be weird. It was always other people who called me weird.

flesh dance posted:

Had this exact same reaction :mad:

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
New episode is about the "Voyage of the HMS Beagle", and it's live, and it's very good. (I'm only halfway through.) :allears:

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
The intermission break in the middle is only meant for the audience. You can restart the podcast any time!

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Dave adding reverb to the ad reads to fool people skipping to the live content is some next level trolling.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Is this going to turn into me somehow being scolded for skipping the ads?

Veskit
Mar 2, 2005

I love capitalism!! DM me for the best investing advice!
That hammock episode was a loving doozy

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Veskit posted:

That hammock episode was a loving doozy

The last two were pretty solid in my opinion. Just a whole lot of crazy going on.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Dimebags Brain posted:

Dave adding reverb to the ad reads to fool people skipping to the live content is some next level trolling.

It really is something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
Holy poo poo Eddie Haymour, this one is a trip.

E: oh my god Bobcat's story at the end, it's like a smollop at the end of a dollop

The Deleter fucked around with this message at 13:04 on Feb 19, 2020