Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Dave Syndrome posted:

And the Hutt council: Every Kenner/Hasbro Jabba figure made from 1983 to 2010.

This rules

I had a huge PotF collection in middle/high school that I sold off before I went to college. Turns out none of that poo poo was worth anything to anyone except children; though the EU Spacetrooper and Dark Troopers that I kept in box sold for a little over retail value on eBay. Now the only toys I have are a handful of AotC figures that I bought purely out of force of habit and kept around (Count Dooku, a clone commander) and that 300th figure edition Boba Fett.

Been thinking about starting a collection of only Gonk Droid figures, like Jeffrey Rowland's Ackbar collection (or the Jabba Wall)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
I had a build-your-own lightsaber kit with different pommels and emitters you could use to customize the hilt, along with a clear blade and lenses to make the blade different colors. It even had little kyber crystals you could put in the hilt to give it a different set of sound effects. It ruled but I have no idea what happened to most of the pieces, though fortunately it came with a red blade so you could do a Maul-style double saber, so now it's a single-bladed red saber to go against the blue saber I also have.

Catatron Prime
Aug 23, 2010

IT ME

Toilet Rascal
Does Star Plan count?

Currently in the process of building the Death Sun set right now!

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

OSU_Matthew posted:

Does Star Plan count?

fuzzy jabba the hutt there in the background awaiting delivery of captain solo

can we get a shot of the model against the cat, for scale

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

OSU_Matthew posted:

Does Star Plan count?

I'm the Stormtrooper with a straight up AK47

Chrs
Sep 21, 2015

Dancing Jar Jar Binks

Not mine in the video but I’ve got this terrifying thing

Chrs fucked around with this message at 13:00 on Jan 29, 2020

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
I bought a Jawa a couple weeks ago.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

PinheadSlim posted:

I'm the Stormtrooper with a straight up AK47

Wouldn’t be out of place in Star Wars tbh. Stormtroopers already carry around Lewis guns and MG-34s

Dave Syndrome
Jan 11, 2007
Look, Bernard. Bernard, look. Look. Bernard. Bernard. Look. Bernard. Bernard. Bernard! Bernard. Bernard. Look, Bernard! Bernard. Bernard! Bernard! Look! Bernard! Bernard. Bernard! Bernard, look! Look! Look, Bernard! Bernard! Bernard, look! Look! Bern

Chrs posted:

Dancing Jar Jar Binks

Not mine in the video but I’ve got this terrifying thing

That's horrible. From this angle I can't even tell if he's smiling - he actually looks to be in pain, which makes it worse.
I've softened up a lot on ol' Jar Jar, mainly thanks to the Clone Wars show, but this is pretty unforgivable.

Chrs
Sep 21, 2015

Yeah he looks like he’s in a lot of pain. Either that or he’s dead and someone is puppeteering the corpse. Will post a close up of the face after work

Catatron Prime
Aug 23, 2010

IT ME

Toilet Rascal

Dave Syndrome posted:

That's horrible. From this angle I can't even tell if he's smiling - he actually looks to be in pain, which makes it worse.
I've softened up a lot on ol' Jar Jar, mainly thanks to the Clone Wars show, but this is pretty unforgivable.

After rewatching the empire strikes back and seeing Yoda at first, I finally understand the genesis of Jar Jar. Lucas saw what a great reception Yoda had and wanted a similar goofy character, but hosed up and just didn’t give jar jar any serious side after the initial goofiness, and only the cringiest accent. Honestly, if Jar Jar were dubbed out of the first movie I think people would really like the prequels.

JethroMcB posted:

fuzzy jabba the hutt there in the background awaiting delivery of captain solo

can we get a shot of the model against the cat, for scale

Here’s the chungamungus:

We call her Roo because she hops around like a kangaroo :3:

Unfortunately we actually feed her slightly under the recommended food dosage, but it’s just hard to motivate her to exercise or do much. She’s perfectly happy to loaf it up though, and she does bodily haul herself up to the top level of the cat tree when she wants to be queen of the world.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I got a few hot toys and hasbro stuff.

Vader and Sideshow Fett

Kylo

And my only current new hasbro cal kestis

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
Did you do... afteraffects work... on those toys?

Impressive.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Just the Sabers and embers

They’re really really detailed

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

OSU_Matthew posted:

Here’s the chungamungus:

We call her Roo because she hops around like a kangaroo :3:

fantastic

is that Richard B. Riddick

are you mixing canons

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Riddick is probably in Star Wars

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

CelticPredator posted:

So, do you work for Stoopid Buddy Stoodios? The Robot Chicken guys That's what I thought those were at first.

my dog died im sad posted:

Are those the micromachine ones that came with their own stands and a tiny pilot figurine? I had a bunch of those.

Yup! I completely forgot they released an E-Wing. :v:

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

AlternateNu posted:

So, do you work for Stoopid Buddy Stoodios? The Robot Chicken guys That's what I thought those were at first.

Yup! I completely forgot they released an E-Wing. :v:

hahaha i forgot about this

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Nah I’m just a guy who takes toy pics lol

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

elf help book posted:

hahaha i forgot about this

I have my Slave 1 with Carbonite-Han in the cargo hold sitting next to my bed along with the gambit of TIE variants.

Dave Syndrome
Jan 11, 2007
Look, Bernard. Bernard, look. Look. Bernard. Bernard. Look. Bernard. Bernard. Bernard! Bernard. Bernard. Look, Bernard! Bernard. Bernard! Bernard! Look! Bernard! Bernard. Bernard! Bernard, look! Look! Look, Bernard! Bernard! Bernard, look! Look! Bern

CelticPredator posted:

And insane lighting skills. Well done.

Captain Splendid
Jan 7, 2009

Qu'en pense Caffarelli?
I may have since sold it but I have/had the Action Fleet E-wing

I also have an F-toys armoured Y-wing (legends version)

bitterandtwisted
Sep 4, 2006

CelticPredator posted:

These are great, thanks for sharing

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
CelticPredator takes amazing toy pics. He took a bunch for the Aliens thread (I think) and they were awesome. Much more effort than I put into just about anything in my life.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Mooey Cow
Jan 27, 2018

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Pillbug
I think the only toy I have is a sawed off stormtrooper head that opens up and reveals a miniature set of the trash compactor scene for some reason.

But I liked to build models so I have a ton of ships. X-Wings, Millennium Falcon, Slave-I. I was pretty stoked when I got an Interceptor kit as that is the coolest ship. Somehow despite living in the middle of nowhere my first Star Destroyer got stolen, so I had to build another one.

Sadly, I hung them from my ceiling so they're all covered in fly poo poo now.

Lord Frankenstyle
Dec 3, 2005

Mmmm,
You smell like Lysol Wipes.
I think I've got like all of them, except for lego ones. These aren't a fraction, the bulk of the stuff is all in the ex-spare bedroom. I have a TIE fighter in there that takes up almost as much space as a dishwasher. And yeah I know I need to dust.

Lord Frankenstyle
Dec 3, 2005

Mmmm,
You smell like Lysol Wipes.

Chuck Buried Treasure posted:

This is cool, where’d you get it? I don’t actually own any but I’ve been thinking about getting a stormtrooper or Darth Vader as decor for my entertainment center to go with the little Godzilla figure I already have there.

That looks like the Mafex Stormtrooper, but it may be the S.H.Figuarts one. They're close in quality (really good quality) and are a little on the small side of 6 inch scale. They go for $60 to $100 bucks. If you want Vader though and aren't worried about matching scale with other stuff, Hasbro put out a "Hyper Real Darth Vader" that's in 10 inch scale and looks every bit as good as the Hot Toys Vader that goes for 400 plus bucks. The Hasbro Vader came out at $79, but I picked up one from Amazon a couple weeks back for $59. It has a metal skeleton like a stop motion figure, and anything that isn't cloth robe is cast silicon rubber so it has no visible joints. Here's a crappy photo that doesn't do it justice. I haven't taken it out of the box because I don't have a good spot for it, but out of the roomfuls of poo poo I have it's probably one of the best designed figures I have and definitely the best Vader anyone has done. Eh, this photo is so bad, you should look it up on a review.

*Also if it's the 2 foot Neca Godzilla that you have (Goddamn I have too many toys) you can see that the 10 Vader is a pretty complimentary scale to go with it.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I got a palpy!

FunkyAl
Mar 28, 2010

Your vitals soar.

I found a whole box of these by the side of the road one time in college. I gave most of them away but kept these two. I think they are the guy who tells luke to "take care sir" but I'm not sure.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

FunkyAl posted:

I found a whole box of these by the side of the road one time in college. I gave most of them away but kept these two. I think they are the guy who tells luke to "take care sir" but I'm not sure.

He’s one of the torture droids putting the screws to his compatriots in Jabba’s palace.

Catatron Prime
Aug 23, 2010

IT ME

Toilet Rascal

ruddiger posted:

He’s one of the torture droids putting the screws to his compatriots in Jabba’s palace.

That would explain the radiator pelvis

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

now i got rey

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

PinheadSlim posted:

I had a ton of those, I didn't even know what some of them were. I thought for sure some of them were bootlegs because of how ugly and stupid they were, but no, it was just the Suncrusher :v:

Edit :

Maybe you can see why little me thought these were bullshit

i literally paid stupid comic book store markup prices 20 years ago for the one that came with the Outrider. that and the micro machines Aliens pack that came with the marine drop ship. fuckin prob 20 bones for a little plastic ship. i mean looking back i have no regrets because its prob money i didnt use to buy fireworks to blow my hands apart but w/e

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

CelticPredator posted:

Vader and Sideshow Fett

Kylo

And my only current new hasbro cal kestis

i am the splicer figure in the background. also thats really cool. i have a couple star wars figures, and whole bunch in storage in the basement. i will dig up a box to photo it. i sold most the vehicles during the move. i was gonna keep the AT-AT but it got sold too. oh well.

https://twitter.com/pengun101/status/1228571158276116482

not star wars but one of my set ups. i'll take more photos later.

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

"There is no such thing as society. There are individual men and women, and there are families. And no government can do anything except through people, and people must look to themselves first."

God Bless Margaret Thatcher
God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady

banned from Starbucks posted:

i literally paid stupid comic book store markup prices 20 years ago for the one that came with the Outrider. that and the micro machines Aliens pack that came with the marine drop ship. fuckin prob 20 bones for a little plastic ship. i mean looking back i have no regrets because its prob money i didnt use to buy fireworks to blow my hands apart but w/e
I hunted down all the ones I didn't get as a kind not that long ago. Spent way too much on it. No regrets.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Thinking back I also had the one posted above just for the Tie Interceptor although I only paid inflated KB toys prices and not Comic store inflated prices.

Man they really knew how to be loving assholes with their put 1 cool ship with 2 other trash ships noone wants packaging strategy.

Sombrerotron
Aug 1, 2004

Release my children! My hat is truly great and mighty.

I have an official replica of Vader's lightsaber. I suppose that's basically a toy.

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

"There is no such thing as society. There are individual men and women, and there are families. And no government can do anything except through people, and people must look to themselves first."

God Bless Margaret Thatcher
God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady

banned from Starbucks posted:

Thinking back I also had the one posted above just for the Tie Interceptor although I only paid inflated KB toys prices and not Comic store inflated prices.

Man they really knew how to be loving assholes with their put 1 cool ship with 2 other trash ships noone wants packaging strategy.
I bought it for the Z-95. I already had TIE Interceptors... They really were great at spreading out the good poo poo though. Their TFA line of Micro Machines was amazing at "here is one thing you want and also yet another X-Wing" packaging.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Catatron Prime
Aug 23, 2010

IT ME

Toilet Rascal
Using quarantine time to build a bootlego dropship with AT-OT: