Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 3

Not Voting (11): b-minus1, charms, Hal Incandenza, hambeet, Leith Maclaine, Lumpen, Mr. Humalong, Mr. Steak, Retro Futurist, SalTheBard, xiw

With 11 alive, it's 6 votes to execute. There is currently no deadline set.

The current day's mod post count is: 2

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
That was a very disappointing ending to the day and I wish things had gone differently :( But onwards I guess! ##vote Xiw I didn't forget about your scummy vote.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

*walks into room in bathrobe and a cup of coffee, yawning*

woah, woah woah, keep it down sal.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

My gut still says binus but now I'm all unsure of myself

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

It now being early dawn of day 3 do you have more to add to your case? If its still mainly gut feeling after 2 whole days I'd suggest more fibre.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I don't case with my brain. He who cases with his brain has forgotten the face of his father. I case with my heart.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

SalTheBard posted:

That was a very disappointing ending to the day and I wish things had gone differently :( But onwards I guess! ##vote Xiw I didn't forget about your scummy vote.

I've had my coffee now.

You mean this vote on you?

xiw posted:

it's now 10am my time so i'm at a computer instead of a phone in bed, it's a tough life.

##vote Sal for now, I'm not sure I buy the anger as a real thing and complaining about content game because noise is not a great argument for me - the complaining is as noisy as the game and produces less.

Okay here's a content game since I enjoyed the last one and i agree with the argument that responses to it are valuable because they are a new narrative that will be harder for scum to stay consistent with:

Who would you pull into a masonry if you could?

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

hambeet posted:

I've had my coffee now.

You mean this vote on you?

Yes. With context that it had been literally 2 days since Xiw posted

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before
I think beet is scum. Oh no

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

I would like to know more!

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

I'd been happy, and I was happy still. For all to be accomplished,
for me to feel less lonely,
all that remained to hope
was that on the day of my execution
there should be a huge crowd of spectators and that they should
greet me with howls of execration.
Plaster Town Cop
Last night I was visited by a messenger. Hi messenger.

I think the messenger is likely b-minus1, or impersonating the writing style.

If Mr. Steak's claim about watching the people he was voting is true, then he should be able to identify the messenger, and I can confirm with the code word.

That wouldn't confirm the alignment of the messenger but might confirm whether Steak's claim was true (unless Steak and messenger are able to communicate OOT).

I think CPig was a very weird NK target if there is actually a Town Upgraded Triple Watcher, especially after a Doc is dead.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Lumpen posted:

If Mr. Steak's claim about watching the people he was voting is true, then he should be able to identify the messenger, and I can confirm with the code word.

That wouldn't confirm the alignment of the messenger but might confirm whether Steak's claim was true (unless Steak and messenger are able to communicate OOT).

I think CPig was a very weird NK target if there is actually a Town Upgraded Triple Watcher, especially after a Doc is dead.

im not interested in confirming my ability right now. i got nothing useful last night.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Mr. Steak posted:

im not interested in confirming my ability right now. i got nothing useful last night.

Well that isn’t very helpful I mean why not?

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Lumpen posted:

hmmmmm

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

was the message addressed to you?

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Mr. Steak posted:

or you're worried you'll get countered?

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

hambeet posted:

or you're worried you'll get countered?

the fact of the matter is i had an ability on 3 people (two other than myself), and nothing questionable appears to have happened to them or their results. im not going to elaborate on the details of my investigative ability until it bears fruit. lets just say i was fibbing slightly when i said its merely a watch.

let me do my thing again tonight, and i'm sure my strategy will bear fruit.

##vote steak

i havent decided the other target(s) yet, but i'm still going to put them on players i think are town

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
wait nvm lmao i just saw a message from the mod which necessitates fullclaiming because something bizarre must have happened

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
##unvote

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i will probably be able to confirm at least one element of it

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i was entirely lying about my power being investigative in nature.

my upgrade power works as follows:

whoever i have a vote on when the day ends, a bodyguard effect is put on them. i was basically trying to bait scum into NKing me.

heres the catch though: once the effect is "spent", the vote dies and i dont get that particular extravote anymore. and if it happens a 3rd time then i'll die like a normal bodyguard.

heres the thing:

i lost 2 votes last night.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
that would imply 2 blocked kills in addition to the flipped one

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
for reference, the bodyguard effect was on

me (steak)
lumpen
hambeet

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
today just got a whole lot more interesting lol. i will now await people's reactions

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
actually, i'll ask this first:

which of you got cpig's thing on n1, and why did you use it on one of us 3?

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
if he gave it to a townie, you should claim it

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

well that was a short but wild ride.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Mr. Steak posted:

i was entirely lying about my power being investigative in nature.

my upgrade power works as follows:

whoever i have a vote on when the day ends, a bodyguard effect is put on them. i was basically trying to bait scum into NKing me.

heres the catch though: once the effect is "spent", the vote dies and i dont get that particular extravote anymore. and if it happens a 3rd time then i'll die like a normal bodyguard.

heres the thing:

i lost 2 votes last night.

you can bodyguard yourself?

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

hambeet posted:

you can bodyguard yourself?

nothing explicitly says i cant

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

that would be unconventional.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

hambeet posted:

that would be unconventional.

im not sure if amnistar thought it through. or maybe he just flat out wouldnt have processed it if i'd been a target, cuz i never actually asked lol

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

also holy poo poo are you f5ing the hell out of this thread?

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Your keyboard is bowed in the middle and your f5key worn down to the sprints from the sustained pressure

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

hambeet posted:

also holy poo poo are you f5ing the hell out of this thread?

lmao i just happened to check right when you posted

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

*springs

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

okay so you're a 3 shot bodyguard, activated through your votes and you can self target yourself as a bodyguard.

and with your 3rd and final bodyguard, you'll die like a normal body guard.

so you're targeting yourself again because...?

xiw
Sep 25, 2011

i wake up at night
night action madness nightmares
maybe i am scum

Cpig Haiku contest 2020 winner
Hi all

Steak man I wanted to chase you up further about why the hell you'd claim the watcher thing and I guess this is an explanation. But you should be able to prove this to us by voting 3 people in a row without unvoting and we can look at votefinder and see only the last person voted ?

(for future reference I visited myself, Sal and Hal and wasn't blocked etc.)

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
im not targeting myself.

xiw posted:

Hi all

Steak man I wanted to chase you up further about why the hell you'd claim the watcher thing and I guess this is an explanation. But you should be able to prove this to us by voting 3 people in a row without unvoting and we can look at votefinder and see only the last person voted ?

(for future reference I visited myself, Sal and Hal and wasn't blocked etc.)

i thought i could but now im not so sure because i was using a separate command ##extravote per amni's request, and now that i only have 1 vote, that could be construed as faking a day action. but i guess it's soft-confirmed by me suddenly never using extra votes

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

hambeet posted:

was the message addressed to you?

I got a message N1 from what I assume is the same person and it was clearly addressed to me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Steaks thing sounds... Unlikely