Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

duz posted:

Also that she went to see Fast 5 in theaters even tho her character died in 4.
Maybe she likes to watch movies?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

The MSJ posted:

Just in case anyone was wondering, Cats won an award from PETA.

wait why

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

It's PETA.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Because it made a live-action movie about cats without using real cats.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
The cats casually and cruelly eat cockroaches in it. PETA has a lot of explaining to do.

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

feedmyleg posted:

The cats casually and cruelly eat cockroaches in it. PETA has a lot of explaining to do.

It's the classic "they're bugs so no one cares"

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

So I will learn to live with it. Because I can live with it. I can live with it.

feedmyleg posted:

Yeah but they're cats, animals eat other animals, what's the problem with that??

Tars Tarkas
Apr 13, 2003

Rock the Mok

A nasty woman, I think you should try is, Jess.

Animals need to learn to respect other animals and go vegan

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Tars Tarkas posted:

Animals need to learn to respect other animals and go vegan

Literally a storyline in Kimba The White Lion. They solved it by creating Impossible Meat.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

piratepilates posted:

Yeah but they're humans, animals eat other animals, what's the problem with that??

e: to be clear I am not a PETA supporter.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Pee-wee Herman is apparently in talk with the Safdie bros to make a "dark" Pee-wee movie.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/features/pee-wee-hermans-dark-reboot-paul-reubens-is-ready-stage-a-comeback-1273962

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

D U N C

https://twitter.com/SteffenKoenig/status/1222903202850336770

:dunkedon:

cptn_dr
Sep 7, 2011

Seven for beauty that blossoms and dies

That's fan made.
Edit: Well, the one in the tweet is. The article has the allegedly real one.

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

It's not that different:

https://twitter.com/ZTheJustOK/status/1222548703426248704

It still says D U N C, background trickery be damned.

EDIT: Also, if you flip it upside down, it also says D U N C. How is that not deliberate.

EDIT 2:

https://twitter.com/ChiptuneGlitch/status/1222943043625668609

AceOfFlames fucked around with this message at 19:19 on Jan 30, 2020

Tars Tarkas
Apr 13, 2003

Rock the Mok

Dunkin' Donuts is just too powerful in the Dune universe. Let the munchkins flow!

The Crow reboot is back to being worked on again, allegedly.

https://bloody-disgusting.com/comics/3602669/crow-reboot-back-development-exclusive/

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

AceOfFlames posted:

It's not that different:

https://twitter.com/ZTheJustOK/status/1222548703426248704

It still says D U N C, background trickery be damned.

EDIT: Also, if you flip it upside down, it also says D U N C. How is that not deliberate.

If that kind of cheatery is allowed, Imma read it as P ü n c from now on.

wyoming
Jun 7, 2010

Like a television
tuned to a dead channel.
Can't wait to see Duncirc.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Tars Tarkas posted:

Dunkin' Donuts is just too powerful in the Dune universe. Let the munchkins flow!

The Crow reboot is back to being worked on again, allegedly.

https://bloody-disgusting.com/comics/3602669/crow-reboot-back-development-exclusive/

jason momoa as a sulky goth?

Tiger
Oct 18, 2012

And you, who are you? This is what we've got, yes. What are you going to make of it?
Fun Shoe
It is a cool logo, I'm a sucker for an ambigram, although it would have been an even better logo for a movie called Dunc. But I can totally see myself falling in love with that design deciding it's worth being the but of some cheap jokes, cause I think many people who only see the real version are gonna accept that it reads Dune no problem.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Gonz posted:

The necklace is a cursed talisman which contains the souls of everyone the gang has murdered.

Last Witchhunter crossover

Tars Tarkas
Apr 13, 2003

Rock the Mok

Lethal Weapon 5 seems to be happening. No word on if they will use the script from Always Sunny

quote:

Producer Dan Lin has revealed that a fifth and "final" Lethal Weapon movie is close to happening, with original stars Mel Gibson and Danny Glover on board to reunite with series director Richard Donner.

Speaking at The Hollywood Reporter's Producers Roundtable, Lin, who served as executive producer on the Lethal Weapon TV series, announced that Warner Bros. is looking to reload the franchise with the original team.

"We're trying to make the last Lethal Weapon movie," Lin said about the long-gestating sequel. "And [Richard] Donner's coming back. The original cast is coming back. And it's just amazing. The story itself is very personal to him. Mel [Gibson] and Danny [Glover] are ready to go, so it's about the script."

The first rumblings that Lethal Weapon 5 might be happening surfaced in 2008, as it emerged that Shane Black planned to direct Riggs and Murtaugh's next adventure. However, after several rumoured changes, the project was squashed in 2012 when Donner revealed that Gibson turned down a reprisal of his role.

https://uk.ign.com/articles/lethal-weapon-5-moving-forward-with-mel-gibson-danny-glover-and-richard-donner

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
The Always Sunny films are canon to me, so this is just Lethal Weapon 7 starring some jabronis.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Mel Gibson sure is getting a lot of work these days

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

I'm older than Danny Glover was when he was getting too old for this poo poo

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Seventy-three is the new too old for this poo poo.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

First "trailer" for The Jesus Rolls, the Lebowski spin off

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L4DgvzeM9qE&feature=youtu.be

I say "trailer" because it doesn't show anything but Turturro.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Davros1 posted:

I'm older than Danny Glover was when he was getting too old for this poo poo
He was a few days from retirement 32 years ago. The year before I was born.

In addition to how ridiculous this all is Mel Gibson is probably just going to gently caress up again if we give him another chance. It wasn't quite 10 years ago that he was accused of domestic violence, and then there was that phone call to his ex-partner where he screamed at her that she deserved to be raped by a pack of n-words.

In conclusion, Mel Gibson is not a land of contrasts, just a bad person who doesn't ever learn from his mistakes.

Casimir Radon fucked around with this message at 21:01 on Jan 31, 2020

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

Davros1 posted:

First "trailer" for The Jesus Rolls, the Lebowski spin off

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L4DgvzeM9qE&feature=youtu.be

I say "trailer" because it doesn't show anything but Turturro.

Because if it showed the actual story everyone would avoid it like the loving plague caronavirus.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Casimir Radon posted:

In conclusion, Mel Gibson is not a land of contrasts, just a bad person who doesn't ever learn from his mistakes.

Just replace him with Tom Hardy in all sequels

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

For some reason, I thought that Richard Donner had died in like the early 00s.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Probably because his last film was 16 Blocks in 2006.

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

Even outside of that, for some reason I had it in my head that the Donner Cut of Superman II was some posthumous release.

Also looking up his career now I had no idea that X-15 was his debut movie. I always liked that as a kind of very early space race era puff piece.

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

Chairman Capone posted:

For some reason, I thought that Richard Donner had died in like the early 00s.

I also would've sworn Donner died in 2008.

Aside from the thousand other reasons that Lethal Weapon 5 with the original cast is a terrible idea, does a character like Martin Riggs even fly anymore with a much larger public eye on police brutality? How did that TV show with one of the Wayans address the idea of the loose cannon cop in the modern age?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

The funniest thing about the Lethal Weapon TV series is that Damon Wayans got the other lead fired and then loving quit the next season because he was tired of doing the show. It was just such an incredibly petty power move.

wizardofloneliness
Dec 30, 2008

I thought the other lead got fired for being a huge rear end in a top hat that everyone hated.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

wizardofloneliness posted:

I thought the other lead got fired for being a huge rear end in a top hat that everyone hated.

Wait, he played the TV Riggs as well?

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
Lethal Weapon 5, first day of photography.

INT
MEL GIBSON walks in, wearing full blackface.

RICHARD DONNER: Mel, I told you, we're not shooting the It's Always Sunny version of the script.

MEL GIBSON: It's always what?

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
Dang now i wanna watch Maverick again. Such a fun film

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Danny Devito should reprise his role for this movie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

I will only see Lethal Weapon 5 if the plot revolves around an evil scientist resurrecting Gary Busey as an unstoppable killing machine.