Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic

Ghostlight posted:

please don't deadname him into another weeklong probation

Maybe he should stop being so drat dumb, then

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Malachite_Dragon posted:

Maybe he should stop being so drat dumb, then

check his rapsheet

Chewbecca
Feb 13, 2005

Just chillin' : )

JacquelineDempsey posted:

[...]Whereas I would check in much more regularly to a Current Events subforum, because I'd know it's news, and not "share your opinion about taco bell" or "itt we are a cat litter box" nonsense.

Just my two cents.

Gonna need the link to the cat litter post, thanks in advance

Tashilicious
Jul 17, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Ghostlight posted:

please don't deadname him into another weeklong probation

Maybe dont use deadname like this.

I Said No
May 21, 2007

jesus dude ur gonna kill someone with that av

Tashilicious posted:

Maybe dont use deadname like this.

Yeah I have to agree, we don't want another genuinely useful word like "triggered" being hosed up and co-opted for a more assholey usage.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

I Said No posted:

Yeah I have to agree, we don't want another genuinely useful word like "triggered" being hosed up and co-opted for a more assholey usage.

Sleeveless is the one who used it to describe his old account. Everyone else is mocking him for doing that because seriously what the gently caress.

Tashilicious
Jul 17, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Sleeveless is the one who used it to describe his old account. Everyone else is mocking him for doing that because seriously what the gently caress.

Maybe still dont?

Araenna
Dec 27, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Maybe next time at least put it in quotes to make it more obvious that it's mocking?

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
Maybe next time post SA's greatest saga's... A piece of paper with some original art from Zybourne Clock auctioned for $5k, and the bidder paid up!
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3906389

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

Tashilicious posted:

Maybe still dont?

No, do because Guy Mann deserves to be mocked mercilessly until the end of time.

Tashilicious
Jul 17, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Moon Slayer posted:

No, do because Guy Mann deserves to be mocked mercilessly until the end of time.

You can make fun of him without reposting the really poo poo he said verbatim without any sort of change tho?

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

You are correct and I apologise for my unnecessary use of the term.

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

Moon Slayer posted:

People deserve to be able to read threads without them being poo poo up by your incredibly tedious weird months-long cross-forums grudge, Ignore and more on with your life for the good of yourself and the forums as a whole instead.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

Sleeveless posted:

People deserve to be able to read threads without them being poo poo up by your incredibly tedious weird months-long cross-forums grudge, Ignore and more on with your life for the good of yourself and the forums as a whole instead.

This isn't a personal grudge, this is what's known as a reputation, you pick them up over time

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Tbh guy Mann I think it's super weird that you aren't dealing with people ragging you on your questionable opinions, but instead go for the personal attack on a random poster instead

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

Sleeveless posted:

I've had you on ignore for years, the only reason I'm seeing this is because someone quoted it.

serious norman
Dec 13, 2007

im pickle rick!!!!
Tane.

Eh! Frank
Mar 28, 2006

Doctor gave me these, I said what are these?
He said that they'll cure an existential type disease

Now Tane I can get into

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Oh poo poo, the saga is coming from inside the thread again :sweatdrop:

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
*strolls in while whistling innocuously*

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Captain Hygiene posted:

this is clearly only drama, not yet a saga.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Ghostlight posted:

this is clearly only drama, not yet a saga.

That's true, I mainly wanted to be in on the ground floor if it turns into something we tell our grandkids about decades from now.

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.
would you fuckers stop quoting guy mann please

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Moon Slayer posted:

I've had you on ignore for years, the only reason I'm seeing this is because someone quoted it.

I have him on ignore too but I've seen the phrase "months-long cross-forums grudge" posted by him a dozen times before then no matter who he is referring too. At this point its basically gang-stalking in his mind.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Ignore is for 👶

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Pick posted:

Ignore is for 👶

I can’t even figure out who guy Mann is.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

Pick posted:

Ignore is for 👶

Just because children don't like you and....
dammit there's a good burn here somewhere I just can't make it snappy.
Oh well. Hi Pick how are you?

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
I'm doing all right. Definitely a lot more stable than a few years ago. How are the golden retrievers?

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Moon Slayer posted:

I've had you on ignore

i hate posts like this

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Captain Hygiene posted:

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Sleeveless posted:

You know what? He's right, to an extent. I don't really like him, either, to be honest, but the ignore button is there - and if you don't have it, guess what? forums policing isn't your job.

You want to roast someone for something they deserve contextually, fine, but don't follow a poster around going AND BUT WELL YOU SAID THIS, ONCE. If they'd earned a ban, they'd have gotten one.

We also don't need posters who can't tell the difference between a joking reference and actual abuse to backseat mod the forums.

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

Pastry of the Year posted:

We also don't need posters who can't tell the difference between a joking reference and actual abuse to backseat mod the forums.

:thurman:

Iron Prince
Aug 28, 2005
Buglord

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood

Ghostlight posted:

You are correct and I apologise for my unnecessary use of the term.

thanks for making good on this, buddy

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

The hell is Tane?

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

Solice Kirsk posted:

The hell is Tane?

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Spanish Manlove posted:

i hate posts like this

It's such a weird flex

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Solice Kirsk posted:

The hell is Tane?

Tane is

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

Spanish Manlove posted:

i hate posts like this

it's a public service announcement that reminds people that the ignore feature existsq

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

Hmmm...can I get a hat wobble?