Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
They made Kenzo hot, the absolute madmen.

I feel like this is the chapter where we're entering a new phase of the story with this timeskip. I think within a couple of chapters we'll start seeing the beginnings of some payoff to some of the things that are being set up in the worm plotline, and the tournament shouldn't be too far behind that. Also was it Jose that injured Yumigahama bad enough for Purgatory to agree to postponing the tournament? I can't remember if they mentioned that, but if so good on him, probably the only reason Koga has a shot of getting a spot in the bracket.

I'm really looking forward to tournament bracket chat and predictions in the thread, especially now that we don't have the looming threat of spoilers from the raws hanging over our heads like we did in ashura.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

tweet my meat posted:

They made Kenzo hot, the absolute madmen.

I feel like this is the chapter where we're entering a new phase of the story with this timeskip. I think within a couple of chapters we'll start seeing the beginnings of some payoff to some of the things that are being set up in the worm plotline, and the tournament shouldn't be too far behind that. Also was it Jose that injured Yumigahama bad enough for Purgatory to agree to postponing the tournament? I can't remember if they mentioned that, but if so good on him, probably the only reason Koga has a shot of getting a spot in the bracket.

I'm really looking forward to tournament bracket chat and predictions in the thread, especially now that we don't have the looming threat of spoilers from the raws hanging over our heads like we did in ashura.

Yeah, Jose got put in the hospital but he broke one of Yumihahama's arms in the process though.

Is this the first time we've seen him without his mask though? I feel like it is.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
We saw it after his first fight against Koga but it was all bruised from Koga's punches

klapman
Aug 27, 2012

this char is good
are we on hiatus or something?

McTimmy
Feb 29, 2008

klapman posted:

are we on hiatus or something?

Last week was a break. Normally gag panels get released but HnK ran through them all.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Yeah, scans for new chapter are already up in Korean so English ones should be out within like 8 to 9 hours.

klapman
Aug 27, 2012

this char is good
sweet, thanks for the info

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
Oh no, Koga is gonna get his rear end kicked (again).

But that's okay, because from the direction the story is going, the Worm is going to kidnap him, turn hiim into a cyborg, only for him to escape before the brainwashing and fight them as a hero. Kamen Kengan, Narushima Koga, fights the evil organization Worm to protect humanity's freedom!

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
God I cannot predict Kengan Omega's pacing.

It's amazing and beautiful.

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

hello

https://mangadex.org/chapter/793083/1

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
shiiiiit

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

RIP Koga.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Yeah there's no way he's not getting totally owned here

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
Ryuki should be home soon as well~~

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Lol that everyone here and in the mangadex comments thread believes that Koga gonna get owned.

Me too.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
I believe in Koga

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
The thing about a character in a battle manga who gets his rear end kicked is, the more often it happens during the character's ascent, the more sweet that moment when he finally crests over the peak into winning fights is

Remember, even Goku had to fight in three World Martial Arts Tournaments before he won one

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Moving at the speed of death.

He ded.

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.
Koga getting his rear end kicked is the most dangerous thing though because all Koga’s powerups have come from getting his rear end kicked.

Very interested to see evil guy’s reaction to Ryuki, i’m sure he will want to fight but can’t kill him for ~reasons~

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i think this is the first actual dangerous fight that koga's encountered. his other fights also had very low stakes. so, for the first time it is very important that he wins, or at least avoids losing.

lol he gonna lose.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
I feel like Koga's first really cool win will come in a real match and not against an apparent main antagonist he strikes first against.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Personally hoping for Kures intervening tbh, I love them so much

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
Yeeeees I was hoping the story will go off the rails like this. Cyborgs and mind uploading, oh my! We are going full Baki now. :getin:

TastyLemonDrops
Aug 6, 2008

you said "drop kick" fyi
Koga is gonna lose, but he gets his true finishing move from the fight.

Adnor
Jan 11, 2013

Justice for Daisy

Koga is going to lose the fight but he will win the most important thing.

That villain's friendship.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

Lt. Lizard posted:

Yeeeees I was hoping the story will go off the rails like this. Cyborgs and mind uploading, oh my! We are going full Baki now. :getin:

From the moment Hanafusa ripped out bone swords you should have known where this was going

Straight to the good poo poo is where

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

The problem with kicking Koga's rear end is that it puts you in Ryuki's eyesight.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Lt. Lizard posted:

We are quickly becoming a story authored by Hideo Kojima.

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk

Brought To You By posted:

We are quickly becoming a story authored by Hideo Kojima.

Kuroki, standing defiant as a giant technorganic monster lashes out at him with misshapen, morphing, carbon-fiber limbs, only to have every blow blocked before an orthodox karate knife hand pierces it's chest and ruptures it's nano-repair unit

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

The series is becoming Ghost in the Shell so slowly we didn't even notice. I was wondering what was up with Kenzo messing around with brains in the first series. That's the thing that made Kaz think he was crazy in the first series.

Very excited to see Koga kick that smug rear end in a top hat's rear end. It's time for him to get a win!

McTimmy
Feb 29, 2008
I wonder if Koga's throwing his own variant on the Stinger.

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe

AtomikKrab posted:

From the moment Hanafusa ripped out bone swords you should have known where this was going

Straight to the good poo poo is where

:hmmyes:

I'm onboard this train to looneyville

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

McTimmy posted:

I wonder if Koga's throwing his own variant on the Stinger.

most definitely

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

OnimaruXLR posted:

Kuroki, standing defiant as a giant technorganic monster lashes out at him with misshapen, morphing, carbon-fiber limbs, only to have every blow blocked before an orthodox karate knife hand pierces it's chest and ruptures it's nano-repair unit

Kuroki parrying Metal Gear Ray while Rules of Nature blares in the background would unironically be the greatest jumping of a shark the world has ever seen.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

You know

Xia Ji there was talking poo poo, and it looks for now at least that Koga hit him. Boys growing up

Suspicious Lump
Mar 11, 2004
There's probably gonna be a good reason why Xia Ji has a womens name:
http://www.womenofchina.cn/womenofchina/html1/people/history/1605/2318-1.htm

quote:

Some say that she caused the deaths of countless men, including all her husbands and her only son, who was one of the most powerful leaders in the Spring and Autumn Period (770-476 BC).

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

hello

https://mangadex.org/chapter/799143/1

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
Nice that Koga has been following the pattern with him and picking fights.

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
and some clarified butter.
Too bad that the enemies seem to be ultracompetent bastards, let's see who comes to the rescue.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

otoh koga now has a knife which might be a big misstep on their part