Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Mr. Steak posted:

i still feel good about my vote on humalong

Wrong game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Mr. Steak posted:

and my vote (read: target) on lumpen was there since way early in the day, with me explicitly stating a town read of him.

Where is this?

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

I'd been happy, and I was happy still. For all to be accomplished,
for me to feel less lonely,
all that remained to hope
was that on the day of my execution
there should be a huge crowd of spectators and that they should
greet me with howls of execration.
Plaster Town Cop
Here’a another reason Steak’s new claim makes no sense:
Imagine for the sake of argument that you were Town and suddenly had 3 Bodyguard Charges to publicly distribute. The only reason to lie and not just claim on D2 that the people you voted are protected, or claim nothing, would be to try to lure the NK onto your protection targets, with the aim of absorbing NKs, helping Town.

But your lie (posted early D2) was that your targets would be Watched (and your targets at that time were binus and Sal and you urged nobody to vote them.)
Problem is, a Watch would repel any NK from targeting them, not lure it.

So the internal logic of your admitted lie does not square with your new claim of “bodyguard charges”.

Would you like to spin a new tale?

charms
Oct 14, 2012

Mr. Humalong posted:

That explains my action failing on beet

Someone else's action would have failed, too. But he forgot to mention it.

##vote Mr. Steak

xiw
Sep 25, 2011

i wake up at night
night action madness nightmares
maybe i am scum

Cpig Haiku contest 2020 winner

Lumpen posted:

I think it's highly "convenient* that when there is a way to demonstrate Mr. Steak's claim (he should have been able to identify the messenger if he watched), suddenly that claim was a lie and a new claim is created, but also he won't demonstrate that the extravotes are gone.

Both claims also very self-serving as far as manipulating power roles and providing an excuse for Steak not being dead the next day.

The other half of this, and the damning half for me, is that the new claim suddenly meshes with a flipped Cpig vig-provider.

Also a power that lets you prevent 3 nks on yourself in a row while also protecting other people is pretty good.

Also an excuse to not try out the 3 votes thing is pretty useful if you did actually get triple voting on one person or something like that as your actual power - this could all be a smokescreen to stay alive to use that to win. Pretty scary.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

charms posted:

##vote Mr. Steak

Not necessarily. Some jailers will cause all actions to fail on the target, some will only cause kills to fail.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

lmao i read votefinder backwards by accident

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
##vote humalong

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

charms posted:

##vote Mr. Steak

hmmmm, humalong is the one who was jailed. not hambeet. its apparently really easy to coast by putting a vote on me for whatever drat reason

charms
Oct 14, 2012

Retro Futurist posted:

Not necessarily. Some jailers will cause all actions to fail on the target, some will only cause kills to fail.

Okay. So which kind is Sal then?

Retro Futurist posted:

My action failed but I also targeted lumpen so I’m guessing he got jailed.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Lumpen posted:

Here’a another reason Steak’s new claim makes no sense:
Imagine for the sake of argument that you were Town and suddenly had 3 Bodyguard Charges to publicly distribute. The only reason to lie and not just claim on D2 that the people you voted are protected, or claim nothing, would be to try to lure the NK onto your protection targets, with the aim of absorbing NKs, helping Town.

But your lie (posted early D2) was that your targets would be Watched (and your targets at that time were binus and Sal and you urged nobody to vote them.)
Problem is, a Watch would repel any NK from targeting them, not lure it.

So the internal logic of your admitted lie does not square with your new claim of “bodyguard charges”.

Would you like to spin a new tale?

i ended up blocking 2 kills so once i flip you're going to feel really silly for arguing my gambit was dumb

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before
I will not vote steak. I’m 99% sure he’s town

charms
Oct 14, 2012

Mr. Steak posted:

hmmmm, humalong is the one who was jailed. not hambeet. its apparently really easy to coast by putting a vote on me for whatever drat reason

Sorry, got them mixed up.

##unvote

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

charms posted:

What does your heart tell you based on the information you have? It's all there out in the open

I jailed Hum, Hums action failed.

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

I'd been happy, and I was happy still. For all to be accomplished,
for me to feel less lonely,
all that remained to hope
was that on the day of my execution
there should be a huge crowd of spectators and that they should
greet me with howls of execration.
Plaster Town Cop
Also on other reason Me. Steak’s new lie is so dumb...
If his Bodyguard Charges story were true: “hey guys I just have one vote now but won’t demonstrate it because I am so noble and respectful to the mod and the reason I lost those two other votes is that, get this TWO Separate Nightkills (corresponding to my extravotes) decided to target people who I claimed to be Watching!

Because supposedly there are two additional Nightkills last night and they love risking being caught by a Watcher?

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

charms posted:

Ooh drat, ok good catch because I'm not a killing role, steak's thing should have failed.

That settles it then ##vote steak

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Retro Futurist posted:

Ooh drat, ok good catch because I'm not a killing role, steak's thing should have failed.

That settles it then ##vote steak

omg. can y'all please recall who was jailed and who i targetted, before being so trigger happy?

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Mr. Steak posted:

omg. can y'all please recall who was jailed and who i targetted, before being so trigger happy?

oh wait ur saying lumpen was jailed

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
listen, i didn't get a message "your action was successful" OR "your action was unsuccessful" all i was told is two of my votes are gone. my guard on lumpen may very well have failed and the triggered ones were the other 2

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Mr. Steak posted:

gently caress I mixed up ham and hum.

I'm trying to cut back on coffee it's not going well ##unvote

charms
Oct 14, 2012

Mr. Steak posted:

listen, i didn't get a message "your action was successful" OR "your action was unsuccessful" all i was told is two of my votes are gone. my guard on lumpen may very well have failed and the triggered ones were the other 2

Nobody's brain is working today. Lumpen was jailed N1, Humalong was jailed N2.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Hal Incandenza posted:

Oh wait you said you somehow bodyguard yourself I forgot so I guess everyone could be trying to kill you except for the third killer we also have

why is there a third?

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Oh you’re saying 3 based on steaks claim

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Mr. Steak posted:

i mean, thats possible. theres a 1 in 3 chance i suppose. but if i wanted to make a lie capitalizing on the assumption that cpig's gifted vig was used and blocked, i'd just claim one popped guard, not two. i mean, geez.

does nobody want to claim that 1-shot vig? if not i'll have to assume scum got it

so no one can confirm your actions and you can’t confirm others...

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Lumpen posted:

I think it's highly "convenient* that when there is a way to demonstrate Mr. Steak's claim (he should have been able to identify the messenger if he watched), suddenly that claim was a lie and a new claim is created, but also he won't demonstrate that the extravotes are gone.

Both claims also very self-serving as far as manipulating power roles and providing an excuse for Steak not being dead the next day.

*snip*

yeah this is hard to ignore.

also Steak, the triple voter, just happened to end day 1 with only two out of three votes placed and conveniently was not on 2pennys vote. i made that case here

##vote steak

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

SalTheBard posted:

Hum was coming at me pretty hard on the end of D2 so that was pretty much the reason. In hindsight I think Xiw would've made the most sense, but yeah.

suboptimal plays are scummy sal

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Mr. Humalong posted:

That explains my action failing on beet

:ohdear:

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

b-minus1 posted:

I will not vote steak. I’m 99% sure he’s town

so both sal and steak you wont vote?

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Steak I still want you to show me where you called Lumpen town because that also straight up looks like a lie

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

b-minus1 posted:

Oh. Lol. Why didn’t he kill me haha

Going back to this... yes, why indeed?

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

hambeet posted:

so both sal and steak you wont vote?

also I really went yoda speak on this post.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

hambeet posted:

suboptimal plays are scummy sal

Haha I posted in confessional that I hosed up

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

it was a good action I promise!

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Retro Futurist posted:

Steak I still want you to show me where you called Lumpen town because that also straight up looks like a lie

i guess i never really said a reason, but...

Mr. Steak posted:

my extravotes are watches and im going to be putting them on players i think are TOWN.

Mr. Steak posted:

first, let me put watcher votes on some people so i dont miss doing that before hammer.

##extravote lumpen
##extravote hambeet

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
also, at the time my stronger towmreads binus and sal both had a bunch of votes on them, so i didnt want to add to those

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Mr. Steak posted:

also, at the time my stronger towmreads binus and sal both had a bunch of votes on them, so i didnt want to add to those

At the time lumpen had more votes than binus, if I’m rereading correctly

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Retro Futurist posted:

At the time lumpen had more votes than binus, if I’m rereading correctly

if i remember right, lumpen had 1 vote before me. maybe binus had 0, i forget. maybe i thought it more likely scum would target lumpen than binus. to be perfectly honest i dont remember my exact thought process.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i definitely did unvote binus earlier though, for the definite reason of he had several votes and i was nervous for him

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

threads dead baby, threads dead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
Sorry Awful Big Brother sucked up a lot of my day today.