Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

It's time everyone for the nomination ceremony! We already have one member of the jury, let's see who is at risk of becoming the second.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Poque, you are safe.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

SalTheBard, you are safe.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Teland, you are safe.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Two keys left...

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Sniper, you are safe.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Last key....

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

The Lord of Hats, you are safe.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Somber and Kashuno, you have been nominated for eviction. Mr. Steak, if you'd like to say a few words explaining your nominations you may do so now.

Somber and Kashuno, you still have a chance to save yourselves. You, along with Mr. Steak, will be competing in the Veto competition along with 3 other houseguests.

The other three players have been determined by RNG and are :rolldice:

The Lord of Hats
Teland
Poque

I will see the 6 of you at 8PM EST. It is a Puzzle challenge and you will need some sort of image editing software.

Good luck!

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Kashuno, Somber, I’m sorry but I choose to nominate the two of you for eviction this cycle. My target is Kash, but naturally I’ve nominated two players I’d be fine to see leave, I won’t pretend otherwise. You’re both people I respect, but you both threaten my game in one way or another.

Kashuno:
Cycle 2 is like a distant memory to me by now, so I don’t have any ill will towards you at all, let alone for that nomination (which was Kupo anyway). This nom is just because you’re sort of a liability. Talking to you is great and all, but it feels like anything game-related I let slip, will be circulated around the entire house by later that day. I don’t see myself being able to reconcile that to ever talk genuine strategy with you, so keeping you around would only be a risk. Also, you say you’ve been keeping it 100 in this game, but I don’t think you have been. You have a sneaky habit of prying into others for information and then blackmailing them for more. If you go home though, I’ll miss your Circle references... I’m really sorry about the 3rd consecutive nom! I was seriously strongly considering swapping you out just to give you a break, but ultimately I just have to do what’s best for my game. I hope you understand.

Somber:
Basically, you’re a threat. And you’re the biggest threat left who I don’t completely know that you have my best interests at heart. You’re not my target though.

If either of you want to discuss my decision, I’m more than happy to talk here or in the main discord channel.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
steak i know it's late but you did say you were happy to discuss your decision, why did you decide to be a big jerkass huh?

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Good evening ho..useguests.

It is I, your host Ju...lie Ch...en.

Tonight is a very special night. It is the anniversary of the night that the rigHTFUL RULER OF THE GALAX...criminal and demon Juby Chirp was...imprisoned, never to feel the warmth of the sun again.

A single tear flows down the figure's face.

To...celebrate this victory for all mankind, I have prepared a tribute to our fallen foe. Come, young ones, and gather around. Together we shall recite the incantation and one of you shall become a worthy vessel for he....the power of veto.

Now listen carefully, for there must be no error in our workings.

This challenge is called....Letter Match

Instructions

At 8:10 you will be given a board with many letters on it. Your job is to find the letters that DO NOT making a matching pair.

The non-matched letters will reveal a word that you must unscramble.

Letters must match in both font and case. For example:

Be the first to submit your completed puzzle WITH the correct word written on it in your confessional, and you win the Power of Veto and nothing else mysterious will happen at all.

Are there any questions before we begin the ritual?

Asiina fucked around with this message at 01:32 on Feb 5, 2020

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Who are you?

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
is submitting just the word written on the puzzle enough or do we need to highlight the nonmatching pairs

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Poque posted:

Who are you?

It is I.....Ju...lie...

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Does a non-matching pair of A and a count as 2 a's for the word or just a single A.

If there are two nonmatching pairs of a letter, does that mean there are multiple instances of that letter in the world? such as

(times new roman)A (comic sans)A
(Helena)A, (Helena)a

mean there is a a in the word?

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I think on a reread I got it but want to be sure

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Kashuno posted:

is submitting just the word written on the puzzle enough or do we need to highlight the nonmatching pairs

You must show that you have completed the puzzle in some way. Show your work. If that's scribbles on the puzzle or blocking out matches or highlighting the correct letters, that's all fine.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Kashuno posted:

(Helena)A, (Helena)a

time to fire up some MCR for this challenge

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Asiina posted:

You must show that you have completed the puzzle in some way. Show your work. If that's scribbles on the puzzle or blocking out matches or highlighting the correct letters, that's all fine.

and to be clear, working out on paper if necessary and sending a picture of that is okay?

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Kashuno posted:

Does a non-matching pair of A and a count as 2 a's for the word or just a single A.

If there are two nonmatching pairs of a letter, does that mean there are multiple instances of that letter in the world? such as

(Helena)A, (Helena)a

I do not understand the question.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Somberbrero posted:

and to be clear, working out on paper if necessary and sending a picture of that is okay?

Correct.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
no worries I think it will answer itself

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
this sounds like fun!

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
who is trapped in your face prison?

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Kashuno posted:

(Helena)A, (Helena)a

Every unmatched letter will be in the final word...

Poque posted:

who is trapped in your face prison?

This is my normal face.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
fyi im competing more for the potential synergy of mysterious veto with mysterious statue, than the actual power of veto. lol

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
I forgot about mysterious statue

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
It is time.

Concentrate now...

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Hurry little children....her hunger grows.....

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Yes.....YES.....

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

YESSSSSSSSSSSSS

You hear a low, rumbling sound that gradually turns to a cackle. Smoke billows from a crater in front of you. Slowly you see two glowing eyes pierce the darkness.

W̴̢̦̲̓̀̓̒̿̓̒̾͑͘̕ȩ̶̨̢̙̝̝̈̾̌̉̿l̸̢̧͖̲̘̩̜̙͗͂́͋̄̊̇́͋͌̆l̴͍̞̞͑̿͂̏̉̆͒͂̍ ̷͙̬͉̦͇̣̦̲̫̖̟͓̰͓̉̍̑͆̑͒͘͘͝d̶̡̛̠͖̞̱̰̭͖̝͓͆̾͐͗̈̄́͘ȍ̶̧̼̹̝͚͕̻̟͚̩̬̭̣̲̩͑ñ̵̨̧͇̙́̆̈́̈́͐̇́̀̀͋e̸̠̖̥͍͌͌̓̓͛͐̔͜ ̸̹̗̘̜̻̜̗͇͔͚͈̘̀͋̆͜͜m̸̧̜̲͙͋͋͌̏́̅̓̕ȳ̷̧̼͍̱͚̗̬̞̟̏̉̓̐̇̉̉̐̅̉̉̐̕͘͜͜ ̷̡̛̤͍͗̓͋͛̋̈́͋̈́̕̚͘͜͜͝c̵̟͔͓͇̳̈h̶̢̧̹͙̖̹͇̞̹̾́̄̄͋͌̈́̋̔͌͘̚̚͝i̷̜͎̰̮̬̗̦̣͚͚͓͉̞̮̮͗̀l̸̨̼̺̄͋͆͌̾̚̚͠d̷͓̈́̽̓͗͂̊̒̓̚r̵̨̨͉̖̟̳͈̳̘̮̿ͅę̸͙͕̥̖͉͓̰͔̪̑̂̒͊̓̍̀͐͛͝n̵̡͓͊̋̚.̷̢͈̻̯͎͙̫͓̰̋͑͆̃̀̓̅̑͌̋̚̚͝ ̴̳̒͝I̸̛͉͈̓͑ ̶̘̤̣̱̞̺̱̖̠͊̐̄̆͊́͆͗̓w̵̢̝̞̻̻̯̬̫͚̽̍̿̃̈͆̈́́͆̎̒̿͘̚ĩ̷̙̭̬l̷̡̳̯̠̞͙̬̣̳͉̫̖̼̻̓̃̓̑̾͌̓́̿͑̚l̵̯͙͈̳̫͐̌̀͛͛́̈́̏̐͛̈́͛̏ ̷̢̗̖͎͙̯̙̭̊̾͌̾̈́͌̔́̈̃͌̃̽̐ͅs̸̪͙͍̰̈́̀̏̅͒̇͑̀͂͘͝͝͝͝e̷̢̛̛̛͓͛̔̃̂͋̈͊̇͘͝͝͝ȩ̷̡̦̲̜̦̖̻̩̮͉͔̖̣̈̄̄̿̐͊̒͋̾̑̕͜ ̵̡̼̱̖̙̻̣͎̪͇̩̇̋́̕̕͝y̶̳̥̟̹̮͚̖̪͗̕o̶̧̻͎̪͔̜̤͍͈̗͕͕̫͂͋̀͐͂̕u̴̱̳̻͖̦͍̗͉̜̞̟̠̱͛̀͗̈̾́͜ ̴̘̣̯͎͈͔͐͊̉̇̒̉̄̄̈́̆̆̕š̵̩̯̳̘̥̪͔̱̪̪͎̤͇̉͐͌͑̌̆͘̚͜͝ồ̷͙̜̙͖̰̘̀́͋͑̊̍̐̋͝o̸̹̙̟̪̤̹̻̳̝̜̺̹̪͒̂̔̈́͑͜n̸̡̡̝̠̝̱͖̹̱̞̩̻̘̬̏̇͝.̵̢̡͍͕̗͙̣̭̬̭̫̺̌̈̽͊͋̌̎́́̔̍̚͠

Something shoots out of the crater, faster than you can track. Debris flies everywhere while you shield your eyes. When you dare to open them again the hooded figure and whatever you...unleashed is gone, leaving only a charred veto surrounded by bits of shattered crystal. Slowly, Poque picks it up and puts it around their neck.

Poque has won the Power of Veto...but at what cost?

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
i was nowhere close to finished, well played poque!

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Somberbrero posted:

i was nowhere close to finished, well played poque!

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
also hail satan etc

Teland
Apr 6, 2018

That last gif is really unsettling and I love it.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Kashuno posted:

also hail satan etc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UbzUTRAUac4

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Hello friends and competitors or both. I am NOT using the Power of Veto this cycle. Thank you and may all your starfruit be gold-quality.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
The nominations remain.

Please submit your vote for either Somberbrero or Kashuno before Sunday at 7PM EST.

The next HOH competition will be Sunday at 8PM EST and is a Forum challenge. It is mobile friendly for all you sports watchers out there, but would be easier on a computer. In any case, it hopefully won't take too long.

If you won't be able to make it to the challenge please let me know beforehand.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Good evening houseguests. It's time for the eviction ceremony and for one of you to become the second member of the jury.

No point in wasting any time. Let's get to it.