Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

The Little Death posted:

Poor Snout is loveshy

I have so many questions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

what?

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Look, I want to post something insightful, but...

WHAT THE gently caress IS THIS poo poo

WHEN I SAID MOOKIE WOULD gently caress THIS UP I WAS NOT EXPECTING SOMETHING THIS loving DUMB

HOW CAN HE SURPRISE ME WITH FAILING TO MEET LOW EXPECTATIONS AFTER ALL THESE YEARS

Joe Slowboat
Nov 9, 2016

Higgledy-Piggledy Whale Statements

How did she miss by like ten feet, yet Snout hasn’t moved at all, based on his clear stationary stance?

Joe Slowboat fucked around with this message at 02:22 on Jan 31, 2020

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Grind straight for the stars!
Oh no

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

no seriously what? has mookie been pausing lovely harem anime on random keyframes and drawing what he sees or something

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
I suppose that she's running with her eyes closed (because that's what you do when you're happy, right?) so she doesn't see that Snout sidestepped and she ran in the empty air, hugging nothing. That's the only way this page makes sense. Their activities are so poorly conveyed.

Beelzebufo
Mar 5, 2015

Frog puns are toadally awesome

Those are some very carefully drawn tig old bitties. also her loose flowing dress somehow conceals nothing of her curves.
Like now I am 100% sure naked witch is coming soon.

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

I don't... Understand what is being conveyed here. At all.

Ready for NO questions to be answered, folks?

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Solving all of life's problems through enhanced casting of Occam's Razor. Reward yourself with an imaginary chalice.

The Little Death posted:

Those are some very carefully drawn tig old bitties. also her loose flowing dress somehow conceals nothing of her curves.
Like now I am 100% sure naked witch is coming soon.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vICR2bmsn5U

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I think it's incompetently charming, like the bored detective pointing with his gun in Plan 9 to see if Ed Wood was paying attention.

skeleton warrior
Nov 12, 2016

I don’t... what? Why?

Is that the same woman? The face and hairstyle look slightly different, but I can’t tell if that’s intentional or just Mookie not being able to be consistent

I don’t understand any of why this happened either way, though.

Drunk Theory
Aug 20, 2016

Oven Wrangler
Ok... I actually kinda agree with Snout's reaction here, because what the hell is happening?

the yeti
Mar 29, 2008

memento disco

Drunk Theory posted:

Ok... I actually kinda agree with Snout's reaction here, because what the hell is happening?

The ink witch ran right through snout. He’s a ghost; the stupid tree actually killed the shut out of him and he was too dim to notice.

Drunk Theory
Aug 20, 2016

Oven Wrangler

the yeti posted:

The ink witch ran right through snout. He’s a ghost; the stupid tree actually killed the shut out of him and he was too dim to notice.

Oh. Yeah, that parts as silly as everyone is pointing out. I meant his facial reaction I guess.

...oh no. Ink Witch is going to be a magical klutz just like Luna isn't she.

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Drunk Theory posted:

...oh no. Ink Witch is going to be a magical klutz just like Luna isn't she.

YF-23
Feb 17, 2011

My god, it's full of cat!

A lot of the witch's character design rested on her being some form of near-dead/exhausted, with her eyes obscured and a kind of scowl on her mouth. Of course that characterisation was going to collapse the moment she is shown properly and has to emote. That much was inevitable.

Invisible Clergy
Sep 25, 2015

"Behold, I will corrupt your seed, and spread dung upon your faces"

Malachi 2:3

Joe Slowboat posted:

Not to defend Mookie, but

Then don't.

I like writing fanfic as much as anyone else here, but you know perfectly well that there's no way this is happening.

The ink witch is blind. I know it doesn't make any sense. I'm calling it now.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Invisible Clergy posted:

Then don't.

I like writing fanfic as much as anyone else here, but you know perfectly well that there's no way this is happening.

The old thread was a lesson in learning not to do that. It doesn't deserve the effort.

YF-23
Feb 17, 2011

My god, it's full of cat!

Invisible Clergy posted:

Then don't.

The ink witch is blind. I know it doesn't make any sense. I'm calling it now.

That was my first thought, that Snout didn't move out of the way, but that the witch didn't know where he was. I swear to god that's contradicted by like half of all the comics before now, if it turns out to be true...

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

that is a sweet bro and hella jeff-rear end smile on her face

Joe Slowboat
Nov 9, 2016

Higgledy-Piggledy Whale Statements

How is ‘she’s blind’ any less fanfic than ‘idk maybe two people can do ink magic’?

It’s not like there being more ink magic will in any way improve this mess, just five more excuses for the kind of float ink drawing he’s clearly into right now.

rudecyrus
Nov 6, 2009

fuck you trolls

The Little Death posted:

Poor Snout is loveshy

thanks, I hate it

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Lol guys, it’s just an anime meet cute. We’ve seen her read. There being other ink witches actually tracks better but the most likely case is the ink witch just happened to crash from an unseen force and was uncasting her ship spell

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything
Blindness is even less of a disability than deafness in Mookie's world.

The Infernomancer could loving read.

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler
I kinda thought she was rushing straight past Snout and hugging some spectral figure that only she can see.

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!

Ague Proof posted:

Blindness is even less of a disability than deafness in Mookie's world.

The Infernomancer could loving read.

That’s different. The infernomancer wasn’t blind, he just didn’t have eyes.

I’m absolutely positive that this is the case.

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011

Pistol_Pete posted:

I kinda thought she was rushing straight past Snout and hugging some spectral figure that only she can see.

Yeah I was like "okay which heretofore unseen person behind Snout is she hugging?" and then "wait what just happened?"

TheHan posted:

That’s different. The infernomancer wasn’t blind, he just didn’t have eyes.

:eyepop:

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Pistol_Pete posted:

It could easily be that just as much as Snout dodging her hug. This page is completely indecipherable.

Beelzebufo
Mar 5, 2015

Frog puns are toadally awesome

Rotten Red Rod posted:

It could easily be that just as much as Snout dodging her hug. This page is completely indecipherable.

This is what it is. Snout is freaked out and side-steps.

Invisible Clergy
Sep 25, 2015

"Behold, I will corrupt your seed, and spread dung upon your faces"

Malachi 2:3

Joe Slowboat posted:

How is ‘she’s blind’ any less fanfic than ‘idk maybe two people can do ink magic’?

It’s not like there being more ink magic will in any way improve this mess, just five more excuses for the kind of float ink drawing he’s clearly into right now.

Oh, please excuse me. I thought you were saying "here's what would happen if this comic weren't completely stupid," not guessing what Mookie will say is actually happening in two weeks. I genuinely do think the next comic will tell us inkwitch is blind despite it making no sense so Mookie can check off another box on his diversity bingo sheet.

He had nails hammered into his eyes, but he saw with magic, letting him do stuff like read and perceive color.

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

The Little Death posted:

This is what it is. Snout is freaked out and side-steps.

I mean, yeah, probably, but it's so weird she ended up like 10 feet away. Knowing Mookie he could have a totally different explanation for this come Monday.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
You know how sometimes a text is so badly misspelled that you have to read it out loud, and listen to yourself, to be able to understand what the text actually meant? Like the old joke poem "Candidate for a Pullet Surprise" (you know, the one that starts with "Eye halve a spelling chequer").

This is the sequential art equivalent. Once you do figure Snout is sidestepping and the Ink Witch is running blind (not necessarily because she is supposed to be blind, just because her smile makes her close her eye so in Mookie logic she runs ahead with eyes continuously closed), then you can understand the page.

And once you do, you wonder why you bothered.

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Also while you can see every curve of her body through her dress here, I'm not declaring the Countdown to Cheesecake over yet. Mookie's real horny for the Ink Witch and he will take it further.

Pyrotoad
Oct 24, 2010

Illegal Hen
Weird how he went for a super conservative neckline (like that's what you give pyjama shirts/nighties) but then went out of his way to vacuumseal her into the dress anyway.

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

Pyrotoad posted:

Weird how he went for a super conservative neckline (like that's what you give pyjama shirts/nighties) but then went out of his way to vacuumseal her into the dress anyway.

He drew the neckline first and got progressively hornier as he went.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Of course he will do more cheesecake of her. He only drew her naked and practically dead once.

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Remember she is literally Ink Bayonetta. Cheesecake is guaranteed.

Pyrotoad
Oct 24, 2010

Illegal Hen

Rotten Red Rod posted:

Remember she is literally Ink Bayonetta. Cheesecake is guaranteed.

But there are so many better options even before considering entirely new fantasy fashion :argh:

Sorry for banging on this weird drum but it's really bugging me for some reason :psyduck: Is it that old Mookie sexism rearing its head? He couldn't bear the thought of his new fave girl "choosing" to give herself anything cheesecake appropriate because only villains want to look sexy, but he still wanted to show off her figure because he's desperately horny for her?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

I didn't speculate on it that much but I was guessing probably laziness. Oh, and she "has an aversion to clothes".