Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

hambeet posted:

threads dead baby, threads dead.

I am here for you Zedbeet!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

when i finally host my ladybug and cat noir mafia there's gonna be a no other games at the same time rule

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

and no one will sign up

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
Lumpen... Let's play content game! Maybe it will get the thread moving!

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

I'd been happy, and I was happy still. For all to be accomplished,
for me to feel less lonely,
all that remained to hope
was that on the day of my execution
there should be a huge crowd of spectators and that they should
greet me with howls of execration.
Plaster Town Cop

SalTheBard posted:

Lumpen... Let's play content game! Maybe it will get the thread moving!
There's plenty of evidence to analyze and judge at this point, Content Game is for D1.

Now is the time for each player to reread, consider the known facts, flips, votes, and claims, and create a List ranking every player. Take stances and make cases.

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop
Day3 LumpenList

Anyone else who is Town, I challenge you to do this. You will notice things you missed as you re-read and consider enough to rank. Patterns will emerge.
Secret Alliance can try it, I dare you to paint yourself into a corner and get caught in your contradictions.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before
That lumpen list is pretty great. The secret alliance consists of my top town reads and myself. Lol

I’m pretty sure the scum are in your somewhat suspicious and tentatively trustable sections

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop

b-minus1 posted:

That lumpen list is pretty great. The secret alliance consists of my top town reads and myself. Lol

I’m pretty sure the scum are in your somewhat suspicious and tentatively trustable sections
Be specific, make a list. I dare you. Then you've made your bed and have to lie in it when your "top town reads" flip Secret Alliance. If I'm wrong and my reads are bad, maybe you'll have the satisfaction of being more right than me, but it doesn't count unless you put it on the record.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

b-minus1 posted:

Name names! I won’t have you leaving these vague besmirches of me out there

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop
A recap. Bolds and sirens added by me.

Mr. Steak posted:

ok whatever i'll just say it. my extravotes are watches and im going to be putting them on players i think are TOWN.

the results will be combined into a single list, but even so, i think just the fact of :siren:revealing this will make scum less likely to attack the people i target, so its like a soft-doc in that regard. that's why im full-claiming it.
That was what Steak claimed D2. When his original claim should have told him who was the Messenger who visited me last night, he at first said:

Mr. Steak posted:

im not interested in confirming my ability right now. i got nothing useful last night.
And further (this is a Day 3 post!)

Mr. Steak posted:

the fact of the matter is i had an ability on 3 people (two other than myself), and nothing questionable appears to have happened to them or their results. im not going to elaborate on the details of my investigative ability until it bears fruit. lets just say i was fibbing slightly when i said its merely a watch.

let me do my thing again tonight, and i'm sure my strategy will bear fruit.

##vote steak

i havent decided the other target(s) yet, but i'm still going to put them on players i think are town
But then after 35 minutes and checking Discord... suddenly,

Mr. Steak posted:

i was entirely lying about my power being investigative in nature.

my upgrade power works as follows:

whoever i have a vote on when the day ends, a bodyguard effect is put on them. :siren:i was basically trying to bait scum into NKing me.

heres the catch though: once the effect is "spent", the vote dies and i dont get that particular extravote anymore. and if it happens a 3rd time then i'll die like a normal bodyguard.

heres the thing:

i lost 2 votes last night.
Content Game:
2 questions for everyone:
Do you believe that Steak is telling the truth now in his newest claim?
Do you believe he is Town?

My answers:
1. No. He is lying (again).
2. No, he is not Town.

Please answer and let's get the game moving along.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Sure,

I think

1 - Steak is lying. I already pointed out many of the same reasons as Lumpen and the mechanics of his claimed role are very questionable

2 - Harder to say, prior to the claim I had a neutral/town read on Steak, and he definitely enjoys gambits regardless of alignment. That being said... I think he's probably scum with the claim, and the way the claim info has dripped out in a non-helpful way. I am not even sure the math works out... The two extra killers cannot be Sal, hum, the messenger, me (I can basically prove this if need be), steak himself, the scum who did the nightkill... there may be more I am missing. I guess that still leaves at least 2 people to be the other killers but now the odds that those people both targeted steak seem slim.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I suppose Sal/hum can be scum together, I wasn't thinking about that, hmmmmm

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Lumpen posted:

A recap. Bolds and sirens added by me.

That was what Steak claimed D2. When his original claim should have told him who was the Messenger who visited me last night, he at first said:

And further (this is a Day 3 post!)

But then after 35 minutes and checking Discord... suddenly,

Content Game:

My answers:
1. No. He is lying (again).
2. No, he is not Town.

Please answer and let's get the game moving along.

Also I think maybe the most damning thing here is Steak saying he has nothing of value from his results last night, but then later saying oh yeah there are two other kills that happened which seems to be VERY HIGH VALUE information if true

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

hambeet posted:

when i finally host my ladybug and cat noir mafia there's gonna be a no other games at the same time rule

this sounds great btw

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Mr. Steak posted:

wait nvm lmao i just saw a message from the mod which necessitates fullclaiming because something bizarre must have happened

ahhh I missed this, that explains some of the inconsistencies

it's also decidedly convenient, steak play better if you are town

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
I will try to get some casework done over the next day. Deadline isn’t until tomorrow night thankfully.

My top scum picks right now are beet, xiw, hum and charms, in roughly that order. I’m neutral on Hal and RF. Sal, lumpen and steak are my town reads. I’ll actually construct some posts tonight or tomorrow morning.

Leith Maclaine
Mar 2, 2018

Adventure comes from insufficient planning.
1) Steak is lying. It is too complex for anyone to game plan and work around. Too many moving pieces that are all conveniently making sure Steak can't be verified.

2) Steak is scum. Town wants to be clear. Scum obfuscate and get complex. See answer #1

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop

Leith Maclaine posted:

1) Steak is lying. It is too complex for anyone to game plan and work around. Too many moving pieces that are all conveniently making sure Steak can't be verified.

2) Steak is scum. Town wants to be clear. Scum obfuscate and get complex. See answer #1
So vote it!

charms
Oct 14, 2012

Lumpen posted:

Day3 LumpenList

If you're considering both of them to be scum, it'd make more sense as a townie to stay on SalTheBard instead of switching to Mr. Steak. If you're right and Sal flipped scum, it would pretty much confirm the jail targets on N1 and N2, as well as cast a ton of light on the D2 lynch, and deprive the Allies of a power role. Mr. Steak's power is useless now (unless there is someone who really needs to not die tonight), but that goes both ways, and I'm not sure what information we'd gain from a Steak scum flip but it probably wouldn't be as decisive as in Sal's case.

charms
Oct 14, 2012

Here, let me get the ball rolling for you.

##vote SalTheBard

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop

charms posted:

If you're considering both of them to be scum, it'd make more sense as a townie to stay on SalTheBard instead of switching to Mr. Steak. If you're right and Sal flipped scum, it would pretty much confirm the jail targets on N1 and N2, as well as cast a ton of light on the D2 lynch, and deprive the Allies of a power role. Mr. Steak's power is useless now (unless there is someone who really needs to not die tonight), but that goes both ways, and I'm not sure what information we'd gain from a Steak scum flip but it probably wouldn't be as decisive as in Sal's case.
I’d be happy to vote any of my top suspects. Sal should have been voted out D2 and would have been I think if ETR didn’t modkill himself. The push on ETR to save Sal was terrible and there was never a case on him.

Charms, you’re talking about “Steak’s power” like you believe he’s telling the truth (which would suggest you think he’s Town), but then also talking about “information we’d gain from a Steak scum flip”. I find that... odd.
If he’s Secret Alliance then we have no idea about what his upgrade actually did or can still do. Maybe he can stack 3 votes on one person now if he wants to. He has refused to demonstrate that his extra votes don’t work. Maybe his extravotes D2 became 1-shot Poisons and hambeet and I will die tonight, and the talk about “extra kills prevented” is a smokescreen for the upcoming Poison deaths.

Unless you know something about Steak that I don’t...

So Charms, please answer the 2 Questions about Steak for the record while you’re around, and a full List from you would be awesome to see where you stand .

Leith Maclaine
Mar 2, 2018

Lumpen posted:

So vote it!

I don't want to put Steak at -2 with 29 hours left.

Leith Maclaine
Mar 2, 2018

Lumpen posted:

Day3 LumpenList

Anyone else who is Town, I challenge you to do this. You will notice things you missed as you re-read and consider enough to rank. Patterns will emerge.
Secret Alliance can try it, I dare you to paint yourself into a corner and get caught in your contradictions.

On the schedule for tonight.

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop

Leith Maclaine posted:

I don't want to put Steak at -2 with 29 hours left.
Why not? Do you think this lively discussion might get cut off by a turbo-hard-bus?

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

I would be fine voting either Sal or Steak. I strongly suspect both are scum.

charms
Oct 14, 2012

Lumpen posted:

I’d be happy to vote any of my top suspects. Sal should have been voted out D2 and would have been I think if ETR didn’t modkill himself. The push on ETR to save Sal was terrible and there was never a case on him.

Charms, you’re talking about “Steak’s power” like you believe he’s telling the truth (which would suggest you think he’s Town), but then also talking about “information we’d gain from a Steak scum flip”. I find that... odd.
If he’s Secret Alliance then we have no idea about what his upgrade actually did or can still do. Maybe he can stack 3 votes on one person now if he wants to. He has refused to demonstrate that his extra votes don’t work. Maybe his extravotes D2 became 1-shot Poisons and hambeet and I will die tonight, and the talk about “extra kills prevented” is a smokescreen for the upcoming Poison deaths.

Unless you know something about Steak that I don’t...

So Charms, please answer the 2 Questions about Steak for the record while you’re around, and a full List from you would be awesome to see where you stand .

I think Mr. Steak's claim is plausible. If he flipped scum but was also 100% telling the truth about his ability, it'd be much less valuable than if we lynched Sal and he turned up scum, but if Mr. Steak was lying than what we'd learn would depend on whatever his power actually is. I was guessing it'd be less because he wasn't the subject of a contentious vote. That's what I was trying to get at.

But you do have a point about him refusing to demonstrate his power today, but he thinks that will get him modkilled. Is it against the rules or spirit of the game to try and force someone to do that?

Leith Maclaine
Mar 2, 2018

Lumpen posted:

Why not? Do you think this lively discussion might get cut off by a turbo-hard-bus?

Yes actually, and Steak talking always generates more Intel.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Leith Maclaine posted:

Yes actually, and Steak talking always generates more Intel.

I strongly disagree with this. Making him post just makes him dig his hole even deeper with bullshit.

charms
Oct 14, 2012

I have an idea.

Mr. Steak posted:

here:

##vote 2penny
##vote leith
##vote sal

Couldn't he go back to using this syntax to confirm? Using the command extravote should get him modkilled if he's telling the truth and no longer has extravotes, but this should just resolve to a vote on sal now, in light of this:

Mr. Steak posted:

lets clear this up now.

##vote charms
##extravote 1 RF
##extravote1 charms
##extravote2 RF
##extravote2 charms

we will soon see firsthand if my votes can stack. if my 2 extravotes resolve on charms, we know i can stack. once they resolve on RF, it'll be confirmed that they cannot stack.

And we all know he wasn't smote for pretending to have extra extravotes.

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop

charms posted:

I think Mr. Steak's claim is plausible.

Mr. Steak posted:

revealing this will make scum less likely to attack the people i target

Mr. Steak posted:

##vote steak i want to watch myself too

Mr. Steak posted:

i was basically trying to bait scum into NKing me.
I find your conclusion of plausibly implausible.

charms posted:

If he flipped scum but was also 100% telling the truth about his ability, it'd be much less valuable than if we lynched Sal and he turned up scum
This makes no sense to me at all. Sal claimed Jailer and his targets (me N1 and Humalong N2) have been corroborated (by me and RF for N1 and by Humalong N2) so flipping him Secret Alliance Jailer wouldn't give much info at all. Finding out what Steak's power really was would be much more valuable. You are defending Steak out of proportion with the evidence, I note.

charms
Oct 14, 2012

Lumpen posted:

This makes no sense to me at all. Sal claimed Jailer and his targets (me N1 and Humalong N2) have been corroborated (by me and RF for N1 and by Humalong N2) so flipping him Secret Alliance Jailer wouldn't give much info at all. Finding out what Steak's power really was would be much more valuable. You are defending Steak out of proportion with the evidence, I note.

I mean it'd give info about their alignments, not what actually happened. Unless there's some really good meta strategy involving locking up your fellow conspirators at the start of the game.

xiw
Sep 25, 2011

i wake up at night
night action madness nightmares
maybe i am scum

Cpig Haiku contest 2020 winner

Lumpen posted:

Content Game:

No and no, now.

I just can't see the motivation for the lie when you go back to yesterday. I think the most likely option is that he has a new upgrade that's real good and the idea is to act like someone who's shot their bolt.

The whole area of what happened to Cpig's extra vigs is interesting but I think it's more likely that it's explained by jailing at this point, which also makes me feel better about Sal ... except why the hell didn't he jail me N2?

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
Cpig quoted some leith posts:

CapitalistPig posted:

In todays showcase of bad posts. These ones!

##vote leith

hum's response:

potential scumslip?

Mr. Humalong posted:

lumpen is in the game, yes

until scum most likely NK him

later hum voted leith.

Mr. Humalong posted:

This is very much a scum post, however. Calls AA a good scum player then doubles down to butter him up in his SK play. Tries to cast shade on a new player for making a joke. Then ends by giving Lumpen their tacit approval. Disgusting.

##vote leith

would also still vote AA today

I like humalong for scum

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
sure why not, i'll ##vote humalong

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

the weak was him quoting my post, you dummy

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

another case where the person decides to work backwards and handpick posts to reinforce their scum read

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

This is def a scumalong game unfortunately

##vote hum

Phone it in folks

maybe this post got AA killed

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

votefinder posted:

Votecount for Day 1

2 penny bottle imp (9): Mr. Steak, Mr. Steak, b-minus1, Leith Maclaine, IllegallySober, Eat The Rich, CapitalistPig, Mr. Humalong, Hal Incandenza, charms, SalTheBard
b-minus1 (3): Leith Maclaine, CapitalistPig, xiw, IllegallySober, Mr. Steak, IllegallySober, Retro Futurist, Mr. Humalong, Mr. Humalong, Mr. Steak, CapitalistPig, Leith Maclaine, Lumpen
Leith Maclaine (1): Mr. Steak, Mr. Steak, 2 penny bottle imp, CapitalistPig, Mr. Humalong, CapitalistPig, Mr. Humalong
CapitalistPig (1): IllegallySober, IllegallySober, b-minus1, b-minus1, Mr. Steak
Eat The Rich (1): 2 penny bottle imp, 2 penny bottle imp, Mr. Steak
hambeet (1): Anonymous
Mr. Humalong (1): Anomalous Amalgam
Mr. Steak (0): Lumpen, Lumpen
Retro Futurist (0): Lumpen, IllegallySober, IllegallySober, Eat The Rich, charms, Eat The Rich, Lumpen, charms
Lumpen (0): Mr. Steak, SalTheBard, Retro Futurist, Mr. Steak, Retro Futurist, SalTheBard
charms (0): Mr. Steak, Mr. Steak
SalTheBard (0): Mr. Steak, Mr. Steak, IllegallySober, IllegallySober, IllegallySober, IllegallySober
Anomalous Amalgam (0): Mr. Humalong, Mr. Humalong
Hal Incandenza (0): b-minus1, b-minus1, charms, charms
IllegallySober (0): Anomalous Amalgam, Anomalous Amalgam

Not Voting (1): hambeet

With 16 alive, it's 9 votes to execute. The current deadline is January 25th, 2020 at 6 p.m. CST -- that's in about 0 minutes.

The current day's mod post count is: 7

quoting for reference. it is interesting that beet didn't vote a single person on d1. not even during jokephase

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

so binus, steak, and sal are all scum

weird

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Mr. Humalong posted:

so binus, steak, and sal are all scum

weird

Hmm what if it's hum, steak and sal, have you considered that?