Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tenchrono
Jun 2, 2011

My ‘Co has been blessed with some amazing prime meat lately. Going to dry brine these bad boys for a few days and then butter baste them in my carbon steel on Sunday.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

FAT CURES MUSCLES posted:

My ‘Co has been blessed with some amazing prime meat lately. Going to dry brine these bad boys for a few days and then butter baste them in my carbon steel on Sunday.

That seems like a lot of meat to take, I hope you're prepared!

:ohdear:

Barnes And Body Works
Mar 2, 2016

:shroom::shroom::shroom::shroom::shroom::shroom:
:chillout:
Welcome to Costco, I love you.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Moey posted:

Did a little bit of digging, I feel like I could eat an entire box. They look better than the pull apart bread.

those look good and very dangerous

AF
Oct 8, 2007
hi

ShortyMR.CAT posted:

Well did ya buy any?

:ortiz:

topenga posted:

Hi! Excuse me! French Cheese Bites????
Have you had them? What are they?
Please tell me it's something to tide me over until the seasonal cheesy pull apart bread comes back.

I dunno what those are, but thanks for reminding me that I need to try that cheesy pull apart bread when it's back

mik
Oct 16, 2003
oh
Bought some dumplings at the closest Co which is 2 hours away. Got home and they were 3 days expired! They won't do a refund unless I bring them in in person. Should I just eat them instead?

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
Need details. Frozen ones? If its just a Best By date they are fine.

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
Mine doesn't have the potstickers any more.

I really liked those. :(

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

Got the four kielbasa pack. It is a lot of meat.

Made two tonight and will cut the rest and put them in bbq sauce for the game on Sunday. They will be good little appetizers along with the teriyaki chicken meatballs.

Grilled up those kielbasa with some jacket potatoes (also on the grill) and some grilled zucchini. Life is good.

Suxpool
Nov 20, 2002
I want something good to die for...to make it beautiful to live

mik posted:

Bought some dumplings at the closest Co which is 2 hours away. Got home and they were 3 days expired! They won't do a refund unless I bring them in in person. Should I just eat them instead?

the best by date is always sooner by a decent margin than something should go bad, for safety's sake

i say eat your dumplings

Anthony Chuzzlewit
Oct 26, 2008

good for healthy

Went for groceries, but once again I was seduced by the siren song of the manufacturer coupon.

Maybe this is the wrong thread, but I'm hoping this is an ok deal. It's for the sound system for our home theater. We don't have the speakers yet. Sadly my 'co doesn't carry speakers, only soundbars.

Also loaded up on chicken apple sausages and cheese, and I got the salami stick that can double as a billy club. Yeah boy gimme that long thick meat. Costco, I love you too.

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

That receiver goes for $510 on Newegg, so the discount isn't bad. A rudimentary search found people cross-shopping that Yamaha with Denon receivers, so I take that as a net positive on the Yamaha's quality.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Ultimate Mango posted:

Got the four kielbasa pack. It is a lot of meat.

Made two tonight and will cut the rest and put them in bbq sauce for the game on Sunday. They will be good little appetizers along with the teriyaki chicken meatballs.

Grilled up those kielbasa with some jacket potatoes (also on the grill) and some grilled zucchini. Life is good.

What brand is the kielbasa (and I'm assuming it's the smoked variety)?

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

Han Nehi posted:

Went for groceries, but once again I was seduced by the siren song of the manufacturer coupon.

Maybe this is the wrong thread, but I'm hoping this is an ok deal. It's for the sound system for our home theater. We don't have the speakers yet. Sadly my 'co doesn't carry speakers, only soundbars.

Also loaded up on chicken apple sausages and cheese, and I got the salami stick that can double as a billy club. Yeah boy gimme that long thick meat. Costco, I love you too.

I run all my home theater sound related purchases past the thread in IYG: clicky

mik
Oct 16, 2003
oh

Chinatown posted:

Need details. Frozen ones? If its just a Best By date they are fine.

They were fresh non-frozen, but have been in the freezer since we bought them, but yeah obviously it's 'best before' so I'm eating these fuckers.

Anthony Chuzzlewit
Oct 26, 2008

good for healthy

Minto Took posted:

That receiver goes for $510 on Newegg, so the discount isn't bad. A rudimentary search found people cross-shopping that Yamaha with Denon receivers, so I take that as a net positive on the Yamaha's quality.

tangy yet delightful posted:

I run all my home theater sound related purchases past the thread in IYG: clicky

TY and I'll check with the thread too. :)

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

LadyPictureShow posted:

What brand is the kielbasa (and I'm assuming it's the smoked variety)?

Hillshire Farms Uncured Polska Kielbasa. I think it’s smoked. I grilled it so or was extra Smokey.

Four pack was less than one at my local supermarket.

No Pants
Dec 10, 2000

Those are great, but the "traditional Asian" and "no MSG" always makes me raise an eyebrow.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
my local store has these

:worship:

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

Chinatown posted:

my local store has these

Only if they come in half sour or bread and butter.

I’m not a dill fan. Sue me.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Ultimate Mango posted:

bread and butter.

The Clitoris
Jan 29, 2020

Finding it makes all of your dreams come true
Grillos are legit pickles!

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

The Clitoris posted:

Grillos are legit pickles!

Whole foods near me has their ~*spicy dill*~ spears. they are :discourse:

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Chinatown posted:

my local store has these

Got a tub in my fridge right now.

Anthony Chuzzlewit
Oct 26, 2008

good for healthy

Chinatown posted:

my local store has these

Never seen the dill chips at my Costco but I have had the grillo dill spears and they are fuckin :discourse:

AF
Oct 8, 2007
hi
I seen the Grillo's and tempted but I dunno what I'd do with 'em. Just eat em straight up over the sink like a can of 'dines?

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

AF posted:

I seen the Grillo's and tempted but I dunno what I'd do with 'em. Just eat em straight up over the sink like a can of 'dines?

i have multiple jars of olives and pickles in my fridge. All for snackin'.

FAT CURES MUSCLES posted:

This post not getting enough love. Thats insanely great steaks right there.

The Clitoris
Jan 29, 2020

Finding it makes all of your dreams come true
Those are some insanely fatty steaks. I better keep an eye out next time in the Co gat dam!

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
I mean, HE WAS A SHRIMP MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
A MINOR LEAGUE BASEBALL TEAM
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR
If you don't have a 3lb bag of the wild sockeye fillets in your freezer at all times, you're making a mistake. Such a great protein option.

Moey
Oct 22, 2010

I LIKE TO MOVE IT
So if we bought an item a few weeks ago, and its going on sale in the Feb coupon book (starting 2/5), can I go to customer service when the new sale is live and get a refund?

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm
I bought some other brand of hatch chilis in a normal sized jar since I haven’t been back to CostCo in a while and they suck in comparison to the giant jar. Hopefully they’re still there by the time I go again :ohdear:

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

that "protein option" had a mother

McGurk
Oct 20, 2004

Cuz life sucks, kids. Get it while you can.

Moey posted:

So if we bought an item a few weeks ago, and its going on sale in the Feb coupon book (starting 2/5), can I go to customer service when the new sale is live and get a refund?

Yes we did that with an air mattress a couple months ago, it’s really easy.

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons

david_a posted:

I bought some other brand of hatch chilis in a normal sized jar since I haven’t been back to CostCo in a while and they suck in comparison to the giant jar. Hopefully they’re still there by the time I go again :ohdear:

The hatch salsa from trader joes is awesome, albeit much more expensive per oz, if Costco is out for some reason

https://www.traderjoes.com/digin/post/radio-hatch-valley-salsa

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
I mean, HE WAS A SHRIMP MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
A MINOR LEAGUE BASEBALL TEAM
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR

Fallom posted:

that "protein option" had a mother

Ate them too I hope

pacerhimself
Dec 30, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
Went to the stco today and grabbed some frozen ribs, egg rolls, focaccia croutons, and 6 lb of Java Club coffee beans. It was an adequate trip.

The Slack Lagoon
Jun 17, 2008

Going to Costco tomorrow

Maybe I'll buy beyond meat buegs

RJWaters2
Dec 16, 2011

It was not not not so great
Some goon in here months ago bought the Orgain Vegan Protein powder and hated it, but I did not heed the warning.

And I was right not to, this stuff is great. It does not taste like vanilla at all, it's like an oatmeal cookie ish spiced taste. Mix with kirkland peanut butter and kirkland vanilla soymilk :yum:

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

The Slack Lagoon posted:

Going to Costco tomorrow

Maybe I'll buy beyond meat buegs

You're a brave (or foolhardy) goon to go on a Sunday. At least it isn't the Sunday before Christmas though!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

If they go during the superbowl it'll probably be alright