Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who?
Tifa
Aerith
Aeris
View Results

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

There's still room for them to screw it up but honeybee inn/crossdressing cloud looks like it got modernized in a great way

This game might actually be good???

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.

Nihilarian posted:

There's still room for them to screw it up but honeybee inn/crossdressing cloud looks like it got modernized in a great way

This game might actually be good???

Yeah, it gives me hope that they managed to thread the needle of making the wall market still real doofy and weird, but in a way that isn't going to come across as lovely towards queer people.

GoGoGadget
Apr 29, 2006

NikkolasKing posted:

Those last lines from Aerith are interesting, I guess. In the original it's Cloud who says Shinra isn't the real enemy and there's something far more dangerous than them. Aerith was, despite her powers, pretty clueless and relatively normal at this point. I think her being in Midgar was supposed to have basically restricted her access to the Planet and its wisdom.

Here she is not only more of the pure maiden but also apparently has a greater knowledge of what's going on from the start.

I'm not 100% sure that is Aerith speaking. It sounded a little different to me. I thought it was implied the voice had something to do with the ghosts.

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

I replayed ff7 recently and aeris is absolutely a horndog close to Jesse levels. I never thought of her as a pure maiden. Also she was my wifu as a twelve year old and I found the scene of her dying in the movie folder of the pc disk that I opened way before I reached that point. When I reached the water pool I was going "noo this can't be happening" in my mind.

God I was a goon lmao, but that game remains my favorite ever and this looks great so far. Get that demo out se, do it you pussy.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Failboattootoot posted:

Yeah, it gives me hope that they managed to thread the needle of making the wall market still real doofy and weird, but in a way that isn't going to come across as lovely towards queer people.

Literally impossible, people still complain about Sylvando.

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

GoGoGadget posted:

I'm not 100% sure that is Aerith speaking. It sounded a little different to me. I thought it was implied the voice had something to do with the ghosts.

I thought the same honestly but they showed her face at the end so I just assumed it was her and I wasn't used to hearing her new voice yet.

But yeah you could be totally right.

Bregor
May 31, 2013

People are idiots, Leslie.

GoGoGadget posted:

My sneaking suspicion is it's Ifalna's voice

This game is going to own bones, gently caress the haters

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.

Tae posted:

Literally impossible, people still complain about Sylvando.

Sylvando is the only great character in that game, how dare they?!?!?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Rich Uncle Chet posted:

This is going to make me sound like such a goon but that bothers me. In the OG game Aerith had shades of tomboyishness, was very spirited, and didn't really come across as a pure light hearted angel of purity,. Just because her most Iconic scene has her praying, and that's what people remember most about her, all the other characterization that helped make her fun and memorable is taken away to make her a boring vessel of purity.
Considering other trailers have her teasing Cloud about the crossdressing thing I doubt she's been reworked into that. Especially since Crisis Core actually got her really right.

Sapozhnik
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost
I too believe that cool sassy Aeris has not actually been replaced with Aerith the submissive boring poo poo uguu waifu despite all evidence to the contrary

Also we definitely need the final villain to show up in act 1 scene 1 because Fantasy Exxon Mobil is an insufficiently topical and compelling antagonist to start off with and it would be boring otherwise.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Sapozhnik posted:

I too believe that cool sassy Aeris has not actually been replaced with Aerith the submissive boring poo poo uguu waifu despite all evidence to the contrary
why are we doing the 'aeris means this, aerith means that' thing when, again, crisis core got her really right. heck she's even got a few decent lines in kingdom hearts 2 and that game gets like nearly everything else about ff7 wrong.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Endorph posted:

Considering other trailers have her teasing Cloud about the crossdressing thing I doubt she's been reworked into that. Especially since Crisis Core actually got her really right.

This one does too. She is teasing Cloud while he grumbles at her to stop. I think it is a bit premature to assume she is waifu.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

also iunno how to tell you guy this but even from the dumb waifu strawman you have in your heads, characters who are teasing or have a dynamic with the protagonist where she kinda has him by the collar are, uh, popular. with that crowd.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Scarlet using a dude as a foot rest is :discourse:.

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

i've forgotten all of your names.

someone find the person who wrote

“True beauty is an expression of the heart, a thing without shame, to which notions of gender don’t apply.”

and give them a second paycheck. cause whatever SE's paying them, it isn't enough.

Deviant fucked around with this message at 18:34 on Jan 31, 2020

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Endorph posted:

neither of those guys even do anime dubs even more

Yes and I hate it.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Deviant posted:

someone find the person who wrote

“True beauty is an expression of the heart, a thing without shame, to which notions of gender don’t apply.”

and give them a second paycheck. cause whatever SE's paying them, it isn't enough.

Perfection. :wink:

Med School
Feb 27, 2012

Where did you learn how to do that?
I guess they put a Jenova fight in Shinra Tower?

Ego Trip
Aug 28, 2012

A tenacious little mouse!

I wasn't planning on buying a PlayStation...

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Avoiding anything and everything about this game until I can play it because I want it to be a surprise so lalalalalalala can’t hear you on any of this demo poo poo, but will the game run on a ~2016 era PS4, as opposed to a PS4 Pro? Do I need to upgrade?

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?
Did Barret really just say "AVALANCHE ain't Wutai or anybody to gently caress with!"? :allears:

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Pollyanna posted:

Avoiding anything and everything about this game until I can play it because I want it to be a surprise so lalalalalalala can’t hear you on any of this demo poo poo, but will the game run on a ~2016 era PS4, as opposed to a PS4 Pro? Do I need to upgrade?

There's no Pro exclusive games so yes it'll run

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Rhonne posted:

Did Barret really just say "AVALANCHE ain't Wutai or anybody to gently caress with!"? :allears:

Yes.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
Barret is definitely benefitting in memorable lines by virtue of this game only covering Midgar. It's nice to see.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

is it all still spoiler discussion in here

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
The game came out in '97. What is there to spoil?

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Terper posted:

Original game spoilers are free, keep what happens in this one under wraps for now

Again, to keep it clear: we can't expect everyone to keep the events of the original story, now over two decades old, spoiler-free. That said, if someone comes in here and says they barely know anything that happens in the original, don't be an rear end in a top hat. It worked in Elentor's fantastic Let's Play of the original, it can work here.
I'm not a mod or anything and I don't make any rules or am able to enforce anything. All I can do is tell you that yes while the original game came out in ages past, this is not that game and has new story elements, and there is no need to have an attitude with that.

TommyGun85
Jun 5, 2013

Terper posted:

I'm not a mod or anything and I don't make any rules or am able to enforce anything. All I can do is tell you that yes while the original game came out in ages past, this is not that game and has new story elements, and there is no need to have an attitude with that.

considering the game has not been released, I dont think anything mentioned can be a considered a spoiler for this specific game.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Whether something has or hasn't I don't know, I've been skipping all the talk of the trailer as I'm not gonna watch it anyway, that was just in reply to Gologle's post.

e: And yeah trailers and officially released stuff are of course generally okay to talk about untagged but poo poo like the entire script being leaked is not something to talk about outside of tags.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Rhonne posted:

He's the best. :allears:

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Looks like they didn't get the best dress for Cloud.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
Fair enough, Terper.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
That pop-in at 1:23 at such a close distance makes me a bit worried.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Gologle posted:

The game came out in '97. What is there to spoil?

How they upgraded the old stuff + the new stuff

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

Scalding Coffee posted:

That pop-in at 1:23 at such a close distance makes me a bit worried.

JFC how do you weirdos notice this stupid insignificant poo poo? Or is this some intensely dorky trolling/fakeposting?

All the amazing poo poo in that trailer and you're like "JAGGIES" and "OMG JPG ARTIFACTS"?

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Watching the trailer again, from the moment the reactor blows up to the end, it's just :discourse:

The scenes paired with the music is just so so so good. The quick shots of the plate collapsing holy gently caress

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100
Tim Rogers slathers on the layers of sincere irony to prereview FF7r

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M0Bi149yQa8

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iavVuUz4Kpk

The reaction you all were actually waiting for

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

i have never waited for the reaction of some guy in a gamer chair

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

There is actually nothing in this planet that I anticipate less than some random gamefluencers opinion on a game that nobody has played yet. Prereview, are you loving kidding me.