Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before

Mr. Humalong posted:

so binus, steak, and sal are all scum

weird

Nice meltdown

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Lumpen posted:

A recap. Bolds and sirens added by me.

That was what Steak claimed D2. When his original claim should have told him who was the Messenger who visited me last night, he at first said:

And further (this is a Day 3 post!)

But then after 35 minutes and checking Discord... suddenly,

Content Game:
2 questions for everyone:
Do you believe that Steak is telling the truth now in his newest claim?
Do you believe he is Town?

My answers:
1. No. He is lying (again).
2. No, he is not Town.

Please answer and let's get the game moving along.

Obviously no and no for me. Hence why I'm voting him.

Plus my day 2 case on steak.

xiw
Sep 25, 2011

i wake up at night
night action madness nightmares
maybe i am scum

Cpig Haiku contest 2020 winner
##vote mr steak

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
Alright, lets loving play content game then:

I get cuddled and flip town (which is what will happen) how does that change your reads?

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

b-minus1 posted:

I will try to get some casework done over the next day. Deadline isn’t until tomorrow night thankfully.

My top scum picks right now are beet, xiw, hum and charms, in roughly that order. I’m neutral on Hal and RF. Sal, lumpen and steak are my town reads. I’ll actually construct some posts tonight or tomorrow morning.

some actual case work from you would be grouse. aside from lucking out on day 1 (or bussing as hal coined it) you've probably said just as much about who you won't vote (sal and steak) as those you will.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

charms posted:

If you're considering both of them to be scum, it'd make more sense as a townie to stay on SalTheBard instead of switching to Mr. Steak. If you're right and Sal flipped scum, it would pretty much confirm the jail targets on N1 and N2, as well as cast a ton of light on the D2 lynch, and deprive the Allies of a power role. Mr. Steak's power is useless now (unless there is someone who really needs to not die tonight), but that goes both ways, and I'm not sure what information we'd gain from a Steak scum flip but it probably wouldn't be as decisive as in Sal's case.

this I don't understand? haven't we had confirmation from the jailed players and the people who targeted the jailed players on both nights?

how would flipping sal give us any more information?

xiw
Sep 25, 2011

i wake up at night
maybe i am scum

One thing that makes me hmmm and worry.

DEAD: 2P - France - target Castille
DEAD: IS - Austria - target Hungary
DEAD: AA - Russia - target Poland
DEAD: ETR - Burgundy - target England
DEAD: CPig - Ottomans - target Byzantium
ALIVE: Steak - ?? - claimed target one of france / austria / russia

None of the dead people were targetting another dead player. So we have 4 other living players with upgraded powers and a good chance 1-2 scum have upgraded powers at this point. This is kind of scary. I don't think this is a reason to claim upgrades or anything, but i feel like we're in a position where we could get really surprising / bad night actions out of nowhere.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

hambeet posted:

this I don't understand? haven't we had confirmation from the jailed players and the people who targeted the jailed players on both nights?

how would flipping sal give us any more information?

It wouldn't. Just a lazy case.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Mr. Humalong posted:

I strongly disagree with this. Making him post just makes him dig his hole even deeper with bullshit.

idk watching charms start up what looks like a counter campaign on sal to steer us off steak is interesting.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
right now i'm weighing the pros and cons of letting myself get killed today. it's probably leaning toward "get killed".

1) i barely have a useful ability anymore.

2) flipping me will clear up a lot of bullshit and confirm my night results as true. and forcing y'all to actually engage with my HUGE clue about 2 blocked nightkills will benefit town a lot.

3) it'll make this post REALLY useful

Hal Incandenza posted:

2 - Harder to say, prior to the claim I had a neutral/town read on Steak, and he definitely enjoys gambits regardless of alignment. That being said... I think he's probably scum with the claim, and the way the claim info has dripped out in a non-helpful way. I am not even sure the math works out... The two extra killers cannot be Sal, hum, the messenger, me (I can basically prove this if need be), steak himself, the scum who did the nightkill... there may be more I am missing. I guess that still leaves at least 2 people to be the other killers but now the odds that those people both targeted steak seem slim.

of course i'll only self-vote to avoid a no-lunch, because other people voting me means more content. but i'm okay with dying to finalize my contributions to town this game. i'll be happy just to have blocked 2 kills and provided a lot of good information starting on d3.

as for lumpen's problem with this: "revealing this will make scum less likely to attack the people i target"

i was lying lmao. i tried to emphasize that results would be combined, so that scum would be less afraid of attacking someone who's 1/3 of my watch, and tried reverse-psychology to make them want to target them. apparently it worked, too!! so there.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i'd also like for someone, right now BEFORE my flip, please claim that your update target is Denmark (which is me).

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Mr. Steak posted:

i'd also like for someone, right now BEFORE my flip, please claim that your update target is Denmark (which is me).

lmao how fitting

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

We're at the point where even if steak is town, he's caused too much confusion and killing him will give us more info than keeping him alive will. It's why you have to be careful lying as town and be, like, good at it.
Though he's probably not town anyways, too many moving parts for this one.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Retro Futurist posted:

We're at the point where even if steak is town, he's caused too much confusion and killing him will give us more info than keeping him alive will. It's why you have to be careful lying as town and be, like, good at it.
Though he's probably not town anyways, too many moving parts for this one.

i agree. so kill me.

also, i WAS good at it. i caused 2 kills to be blocked!

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
just so this is on the record now and not buried earlier in the day:

most of my stuff will be confirmed in my flip, but my n2 results won't. so here is me re-claiming that result.

this is 100% factual. you'll know this after i flip, because lying right before death as town is purposeless.

I LOST 2 VOTES ON NIGHT 2.

please don't forget that tomorrow.

also the people with guard effects on them were:
myself (presumably)
lumpen
hambeet

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
Humalong is absolutely scum

xiw
Sep 25, 2011

i wake up at night
maybe i am scum

Mr. Steak posted:

just so this is on the record now and not buried earlier in the day:

most of my stuff will be confirmed in my flip, but my n2 results won't. so here is me re-claiming that result.

this is 100% factual. you'll know this after i flip, because lying right before death as town is purposeless.

I LOST 2 VOTES ON NIGHT 2.

please don't forget that tomorrow.

also the people with guard effects on them were:
myself (presumably)
lumpen
hambeet

could you at least try voting on 3 people in a row without unvoting to see what happens first?

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

xiw posted:

could you at least try voting on 3 people in a row without unvoting to see what happens first?

sure, but i doubt that would clear anything up anyway, since amni's inaction could be construed as because i didnt use the "extravote" command.

but whatever

##vote sal
##vote binus
##vote hum

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

I'd been happy, and I was happy still. For all to be accomplished,
for me to feel less lonely,
all that remained to hope
was that on the day of my execution
there should be a huge crowd of spectators and that they should
greet me with howls of execration.
Plaster Town Cop
Steak, would you make a List?

Present your best case on somebody else?

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
I’m 99% sure that humalong scumslipped

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Was my statement that Lumpen will most likely be killed early if he’s not scum the scum slip? Because just lol if so

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Lumpen posted:

it wouldnt be nearly as helpful as the other things i've done. im pretty sure you'd agree that the reads of flipped town don't mean poo poo. especially compared to reads from a flipped scum. what's valuable here is the information i've provided being confirmed by my flip

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
also, i really don't know how to interpret my results on my own. i would have liked to pool resources and suss out the killers with everyone else's input today, but since discussion ultimately just revolved around everyone doubting me, and will surely keep going that way if i survive, i'd much rather die so that tomorrow can be spend on solving my n2 results, hopefully

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
also, just to clear up the weirdness that hal mentioned further back about my 3rd claim (the true one):

yeah, i should have checked my confessional for results before posting, but since my role isnt actually one that even gets a "your action was successful" or otherwise, it wasnt an automatic check. and when saw somebody died, i immediately assumed none of my guards were hit. then, we all know what happened when i eventually checked

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
one last thing before im either dead or someone asks me something:

while i know i do make quote silly mistakes, saying stuff like this

Hal Incandenza posted:

steak play better if you are town
ultimately doesnt matter because at the end of the day, i blocked 2 kills in one night. and thats cool

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
*quite

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

so i guess this is the extent of the "case" work so far?

b-minus1 posted:

Cpig quoted some leith posts:

hum's response:

potential scumslip?

later hum voted leith.

I like humalong for scum

i thought your ranking had me as most scummiest, so why did you "case" hum first?

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

b-minus1 posted:

quoting for reference. it is interesting that beet didn't vote a single person on d1. not even during jokephase

oh wait unless this was it?

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

I'd been happy, and I was happy still. For all to be accomplished,
for me to feel less lonely,
all that remained to hope
was that on the day of my execution
there should be a huge crowd of spectators and that they should
greet me with howls of execration.
Plaster Town Cop

Mr. Steak posted:

Lumpen posted:

it wouldnt be nearly as helpful as the other things i've done. im pretty sure you'd agree that the reads of flipped town don't mean poo poo. especially compared to reads from a flipped scum. what's valuable here is the information i've provided being confirmed by my flip
Yes I want your List to use against your buddies.
But if you were Town, this response from you would be absolutely rotten. I have no idea about your "actual reads" because you've spent the game hiding behind fake voting crap. On D1 you argued against voting 2Penny, and on D2 you made up a lie so you could say you were voting for people you thought were Town. Now you're further excusing yourself from leaving behind any reads.

If you were Town, your reads and your votes *against* Secret Alliance are the source of your value. Not coming up with lies and clumsy gambits "to be helpful". You are not even faking being Town well, and you haven't at any point in the game. You are an easy catch.

So,

Mr. Steak posted:

if sal is scum tho, gently caress me because that'd make 2 scum that i argued against voting. lol

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i was helpful by blocking 2 nightkills and, after my flip, some really intriguing info for town to chew on.

thats certainly more than can be said about you, so please start preheating the over for when you have to eat your words.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
*oven

lol my sick burn was ruined by a typo

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
anyway, about the lies and supposedly clumsy gambit that totally worked in town's favor:

did my initial lie cause any confusion for town's decision-making? maybe it disincentivized a couple town from visiting my targets? but i seriously doubt even that. when i lie as town i make drat sure that believing me is only a bad thing for scum. and it WAS. i seriously cant wait until i flip so lumpen stops criticizing my good play as "rotten"

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
besides that you think im scum, theres no reason for me to make cases right now. when i flip (as town) they will be completely irrelevant. i want to keep attention focused on the useful things that myflip will confirm, so that my death won't be in vain

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
and if you think i believe i'm going to survive right now, you're insane. if this was me trying to weasel my way out of a lunch, do you think i'd be essentially begging you to kill me? i mean geez

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
and if i were scum in this situation, i'd be either scumclaiming, or not posting anything anymore. those who've played with me a lot know this is true.

that's not to say i want to survive today. i want to be the lunch. as much as i'd love everyone to categorically believe my ability and my n2 results,'that simply wont happen unless i flip. so killing me now is inarguably best for town.

im not even sure what's left to discuss today, so are y'all really going to drag this out to deadline?

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
"You are not even faking being Town well, and you haven't at any point in the game."

this is especially hilarious considering you had me in your towniest slot on lists all game until i revealed my lie

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

hambeet posted:

so i guess this is the extent of the "case" work so far?

i thought your ranking had me as most scummiest, so why did you "case" hum first?

I don’t see why thst matters. I’m attempting to get back in the game and saw some humalong posts that made me :raise:. Since we are on the topic, what is your take on humalong?

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
so, my main thinking on the blocked kills is this:

we know one person had a vig from cpig. his flip specifically said "the following night" so depending on action resolution order, someone still has one for tonight. just something to keep in mind. We also know that whoever used the vig on n2 has yet to claim. as town that's questionable because that would have been able to confirm part of my claim, so i'm 90% sure a scum got it. in other words, scum had control of 2 kills last night. i think that accounts for why 2 of my guard targets were targeted. they tried to kill me so i couldnt give watch results, while simultaneously killing one of the people with a now-useless watch.

now considering that hal has narrowed down the list of suspects considerably, i think scum may have a hard time avoiding the night-action bingo that'll result from this.

please kill me quickly and do that. i think this is a shoe-in town victory (thanks to me, gently caress u lumpen)

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

b-minus1 posted:

I don’t see why thst matters. I’m attempting to get back in the game and saw some humalong posts that made me :raise:. Since we are on the topic, what is your take on humalong?

that they're pretty light on in engagement. their two longest posts are literally two sentences each, one casing leith on day 1, one on hal day 2 (i think)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

it makes me go hmmm for sure