Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.

therattle posted:

Tell that to Mr Scorsese who doesn’t have a child who goes to sleep at 8 and wakes at least once in the middle of the night and then at 6:30, and who doesn’t have other work and housework to do before setting down to watch something. It’s not like I didn’t want to watch it all in one sitting!

Aren't you a movie producer or something? You tell him!

Roth posted:

Only problem for me is that I find it so easy to get distracted from the movie while I watch it at hone.

Yet another thing ruined by millennials!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Millenials invented attention disorders.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

Roth posted:

Millenials invented attention disorders.

Other way around

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

No, Halo invented millenials.

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

Lost his leg in Robo War I
Speaking from personal experience as a millennial, I was created in a lab by the evil scientist Yacub to erode the soul of the original black man.

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

I think of myself as more of a millenarian

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Scorsese has like fifteen kids with each of his seven thousand ex-wives. I'm sure he can sympathize.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

I didn't expect Joker to be quite so explicitly The Fanatic With Better Production Value, but it is

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I've lied to you all. I was a millennial the whole time.

SuperMechagodzilla
Jun 9, 2007

NEWT REBORN

It’s a spectrum between that at the one end and, like, Monkey pushing dishes off the table in Stalker.

In Code8 specifically, the great twist is that the mutants’ powers are used almost-exclusively for undocumented labour. The protagonist is literally just an electrician.

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~

therattle posted:

Edit in a laugh track.

“If they can kill a President, they can kill a union president” *canned laughter*

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

SuperMechagodzilla posted:

It’s a spectrum between that at the one end and, like, Monkey pushing dishes off the table in Stalker.

In Code8 specifically, the great twist is that the mutants’ powers are used almost-exclusively for undocumented labour. The protagonist is literally just an electrician.

Where does Logan Marshall-Green in Upgrade fit into this?

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

https://twitter.com/RetoGregori/status/1222640286897180672

The depths of depravity continue to surprise me.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

gently caress

The only independent movie theater in Iceland is going out of business in May, despite last year being their most profitable yet, because their lease ran out and the owner of the building wants to quadruple the rent for a renewal.

Basically the only theater that shows "foreign" (non-Hollywood) films and one of two that don't have forced intermission on all screenings.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Also the only theater that caters to the sizable Polish community in Iceland by screening the latest Polish films.

fenix down
Jan 12, 2005

Roth posted:

Only problem for me is that I find it so easy to get distracted from the movie while I watch it at home.
Theater screening probably wasn't an option I bet :toot:

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

FreudianSlippers posted:

Also the only theater that caters to the sizable Polish community in Iceland by screening the latest Polish films.

Time to start a theater.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

For some reason, I got it in my head that in Home Alone, the main gangster, Johnny, was Gene Hackman in heavy makeup and doing a goofy voice. It freaked the hell out of me when that same actor showed up in the Chuck Norris movie Code of Silence.

Flying Zamboni
May 7, 2007

but, uh... well, there it is

Took me way too long to realize you were talking about the gangster in the movie Kevin's watching and not Joe Pesci's character. I am now imagining a world in which Joe Pesci is not a real person and has secretly always been Gene Hackman in some incredible makeup.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Joe Pesci is an Andy Kaufman prank.

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

We Have Important Work To Do
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sM4UBLlAe-o

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

The dude who timestamped her hairline in the comments section is on some next-level poo poo.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

FreudianSlippers posted:

gently caress

The only independent movie theater in Iceland is going out of business in May, despite last year being their most profitable yet, because their lease ran out and the owner of the building wants to quadruple the rent for a renewal.

Basically the only theater that shows "foreign" (non-Hollywood) films and one of two that don't have forced intermission on all screenings.

It wasn't an arthouse theater (though they did show more indies and foreign films than the local AMC ever does) but the theater in my area that was open for almost 20 years had to close down because some poo poo head from the city goverment decided they should rezone the building so it couldn't be a movie theater. And this was right as they were upgrading it too. Then some city council dickhead spread rumors that it closed down because an employee got stuck with a heroin needle. So some corrupt poo poo was definitely involved.

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

"State of emergency" powers have been enacted, town's being protected from fire by a cavalcade of trucks, planes and helicopters from around the world, and it's forty two degrees out!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-qvTcvB7XDU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x4lbM77xD34

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p2onuBxhafg

The Peccadillo fucked around with this message at 08:44 on Jan 31, 2020

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

This guy rules

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hXO3epj1lY4

ChickenMedium
Sep 2, 2001
Forum Veteran And Professor Emeritus of Condiment Studies

gently caress it, get a boat up ya!

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~

FreudianSlippers posted:

gently caress

One of the only independent theaters in the Kansas City area (Tivoli Cinemas in Westport) closed down last year because it was in a popular nightlife district and the landlord wanted more rent, which the theater couldn’t afford. The guy who ran it made out okay because he gets to program a few movies a week at the art museum.

TrixRabbi
Aug 20, 2010

Time for a little robot chauvinism!

I gotta say, Hillary being the precipice for every single Democratic defeat in the past 50 years is apt.

fenix down
Jan 12, 2005

LesterGroans posted:

Color Out of Space is so good, guys. Getting the first great film of 2020 early.

I'd put it among the ranks of Beyond the Black Rainbow, From Beyond and Prince of Darkness.
I caught it just before it was yoinked from the local theater. :coal:

Definitely a jack-of-all-trades containing everything i wanted to see.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
https://twitter.com/Honors_Zombie/status/1223260471941304320?s=20

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

I forgot about that movie existing let alone winning. To quote Michael Imperioli, when was the last time you rented Dances With Wolves?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TRbIOnyBLms

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

If it wasn't for disappointment
I wouldn't have any appointment

Grimey Drawer
Double feature idea

Adaptation. X Little Women (2019)

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Good day to you. I seek examples of bad movies - especially mundanely, forgettably bad - that still manage to have excellent soundtracks. Thank you and God bless.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

The Taint

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

If it wasn't for disappointment
I wouldn't have any appointment

Grimey Drawer

Bongo Bill posted:

Good day to you. I seek examples of bad movies - especially mundanely, forgettably bad - that still manage to have excellent soundtracks. Thank you and God bless.

Death Wish 2

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

Franchescanado posted:

Double feature idea

Adaptation. X Little Women (2019)

I was wondering who the common cast members would be and was guessing Judy Greer, but got caught off guard by the twofer!

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010

Bongo Bill posted:

Tron Legacy.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

Bongo Bill posted:

Spawn.
Cool World.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming
Judgement Night's soundtrack is maybe not "excellent" all the way through but it's definitely a great time capsule

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e0qT_FoYnZg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Bongo Bill posted:

Judge Dredd.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oNwqVUyqqTY