Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Popelmon
Jan 24, 2010

wow
so spin
"Jack has a new pisshole behind his balls"

Jesus loving christ :gonk:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
That episode was as fantastic as it was loving visceral. Usually I’m ok with body horror but when I know that this (and more!) actually happened, I’m suddenly a tremendous child. I do love that BtB punctuates gruesome no poo poo horror with wacky bastard follies but this one was violently whiplashing for 2 hours.

Actual pic of Butcher Brown

Also, I forgot how much I love the word neovagina, it’s futuristic as gently caress.

Popelmon
Jan 24, 2010

wow
so spin
This loving guy :eyepop:

Another fantastic double episode.

Popelmon
Jan 24, 2010

wow
so spin
BTB is on a run. Another fantastic double episode and I really liked the guest for this one.

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Plaguing your posts with incidental music.
Yeah, his insights into the matter were huge. As a white Canadian, I knew basically nothing about the Panthers beyond their breakfast program, so this was a really valuable couple episodes.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 8 hours!
That's funny; most white Americans know nothing about the Panthers but that they were black, carried guns, and wore berets.

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Plaguing your posts with incidental music.

Halloween Jack posted:

That's funny; most white Americans know nothing about the Panthers but that they were black, carried guns, and wore berets.

i only learned what I did from the internet, so it's not to Canada's credit, either :v:

terrorist ambulance
Nov 5, 2009
Worst year ever is getting pretty bad. Last ep just had Katy yelling at cody about how her mentions are sexist and that anyone posting snakes at warren or thinking she's a liar is also sexist and then shutting him down when he offered any counterpoint. Had to shut it off after like 30 minutes.

Not sure what the model for it was, but if it's just going to be "friends get angry at each other over politics" I think I'm going to pass

LeninVS
Nov 8, 2011

I have enjoyed every episode of worst year ever, except the last one.
It's worth listening to all of the episodes where they do interviews. Great episodes.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.
I just listened to the latest episode of Even More News, and they address the last episodes of WYE/EMN, if anyone is interested in hearing some of the fallout from it.

FWIW, I understand both sides of it.

GunFondler42069
Jan 28, 2020

Hey y'all this is Robert. TFR convinced me to get back on to talk about guns.

I think I was unclear in my 8chan episode and some folks have misinterpreted the status of my old account. I was never permabanned or anything. My old account is still active. But I had it when I was 12 or something and I'd prefer not to have it easily associated with my name.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

GunFondler42069 posted:

I think I was unclear in my 8chan episode and some folks have misinterpreted the status of my old account. I was never permabanned or anything. My old account is still active. But I had it when I was 12 or something and I'd prefer not to have it easily associated with my name.

I understand Mr.Stomper58, it’s a different time now.

GunFondler42069
Jan 28, 2020

I was actually a pretty hardcore Republican when I got on Something Awful. Getting repeatedly owned in D&D was an important growth experience.

terrorist ambulance
Nov 5, 2009

GunFondler42069 posted:

I was actually a pretty hardcore Republican when I got on Something Awful. Getting repeatedly owned in D&D was an important growth experience.

Name checks out

terrorist ambulance
Nov 5, 2009
Also the black Panthers episode was real good

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company

GunFondler42069 posted:

The role of SA in radicalizing posters will be one of its lasting legacies

that and groverhaus

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Hiya Robert, I’ve been enjoying worst year ever a lot. Thanks.

GunFondler42069
Jan 28, 2020

DivineCoffeeBinge posted:

The role of SA in radicalizing posters will be one of its lasting legacies

that and groverhaus

Groverhaus will be SA's only true legacy. In a thousand years our modern political spats will be long forgotten, but that insulated staircase will remain. A symbol of man's folly stretching off into eternity.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

GunFondler42069 posted:

thanks for the great podcast. i remembered D’Annunzio. from Winter war(which is great book on the Italian front which involves another bastard luigi cadorna) but i never knew he took over a city and turned into a even more batshit insane version of Rapture.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

GunFondler42069 posted:

Groverhaus will be SA's only true legacy. In a thousand years our modern political spats will be long forgotten, but that insulated staircase will remain. A symbol of man's folly stretching off into eternity.

Also that flying fox that existed only to kill kids.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Oh by the way Robert, It Can Happen Here was excellent, informative, thought-provoking, and really well-crafted. It also scared the poo poo out of me.

Also it introduced me to Four Fists for which I will be forever grateful

Generic American
Mar 15, 2012

I love my Peng

At long last, I can finally pitch my half-baked idea for a Behind the Bastards April Fools' Day special episode that explains the needlessly convoluted backstory of some fictional bastard to whoever is unlucky enough to be the guest that week :black101:

GunFondler42069
Jan 28, 2020

Unfortunately the only fictional universe I know enough about to do an episode like that for is Warhammer 40k and the resulting episode would be interesting for roughly 9 people

GunFondler42069
Jan 28, 2020

DivineCoffeeBinge posted:

Also it introduced me to Four Fists for which I will be forever grateful

You should check out everything by Astronautalis. The River, The Woods is just...spectacular. I have him putting together a special cover of Bella Ciao for the Rojava series I'm writing.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

GunFondler42069 posted:

You should check out everything by Astronautalis. The River, The Woods is just...spectacular. I have him putting together a special cover of Bella Ciao for the Rojava series I'm writing.

I've been listening to "Oceanwalk" on repeat for the past little while, something about that song just hooks me like nothing else

GunFondler42069
Jan 28, 2020

All his songs slap so loving hard. The Case of William Smith is also a banger, and a great Kris Kristofferson homage to boot.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
You should try to get Dave Anthony and/or Gareth Edwards on.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Also Jefferson Davis episode when.

GunFondler42069
Jan 28, 2020

MonsieurChoc posted:

You should try to get Dave Anthony and/or Gareth Edwards on.

Dave and I are talking about it, so far it's been difficult to make our schedules work. My dream is to do the gigantic Kissinger series with him, but asking someone to sit for like 4 episodes is quite a request and there's really no way to do Kissinger with less.

GunFondler42069
Jan 28, 2020

MonsieurChoc posted:

Also Jefferson Davis episode when.

I'll get to him at some point, but to be honest he's just not someone who interests me very much. It's an inevitable reality of the show that my content is heavily driven by who I want to spend 10-30 hours reading and writing about. The workload of this series (and my other podcasts + bellingcat) is pretty intense, and it can be crushing if I'm researching and writing anything other than the person I happen to be most interested in at that moment.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

GunFondler42069 posted:

I'll get to him at some point, but to be honest he's just not someone who interests me very much. It's an inevitable reality of the show that my content is heavily driven by who I want to spend 10-30 hours reading and writing about. The workload of this series (and my other podcasts + bellingcat) is pretty intense, and it can be crushing if I'm researching and writing anything other than the person I happen to be most interested in at that moment.

I understand perfectly.

I just really hate Davis. For decades he had a memorial plate in Downtown Montreal because turns out he escaped to my city after he lost the Civil War.

GunFondler42069 posted:

Dave and I are talking about it, so far it's been difficult to make our schedules work. My dream is to do the gigantic Kissinger series with him, but asking someone to sit for like 4 episodes is quite a request and there's really no way to do Kissinger with less.

Oh yeah, that checks out.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

GunFondler42069 posted:

Just offer to be the guest for when they do another Trump/Reagan-sized series on the Dollop. Several hours to him, several hours to you. Fair trade!

Also, literally just finished listening to the second Gabrielle D'Annunzo episode. That was... uh, quite a trip.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

I feel like I'm between 5-10 episodes behind because I follow so many podcasts.

I started the Black Panther episode on my way home from our bi-Weekly D&D game and it's a strong start so far.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

MonsieurChoc posted:

I feel like I'm between 5-10 episodes behind because I follow so many podcasts.

I started the Black Panther episode on my way home from our bi-Weekly D&D game and it's a strong start so far.

I really dug it. I'd heard the episode of The Dollop on Fred Hampton so I almost felt like he got underserved (as he sort of had to be on account of how it wasn't an entire episode about him and how awesome he was) but since I'd known that stuff already it was cool.

Really, really infuriating, though, in the way all the best BtB eps are

terrorist ambulance
Nov 5, 2009
Is seanbaby coming back

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
As a New Yorker, the Dolan episode was llllooooongggg overdue and it’s a shame it’s been erased from the official record. I also grew up near Camp Siegfried, and it was real fuckin nice to hear someone bring it up as LI has a huge shadow of racism and overall bigotry that is constantly minimized.

If you ever wish to continue the “Long Island, Bastard Island” theme, I highly recommend Robert Moses or the development of the suburbs. LI is still one of the most insanely segregated parts of the country, for Some Mysterious Reason!

Thankfully I’m in Sweden now, where my mere presence makes wherever I am and the surrounding 500m a No-Go zone. I bring the segregation to them.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"
Hey Robert, if you don't mind me asking, what was up with your guest in the Rudolf Steiner episode? He seemed..weirdly aggro compared to your other guests.

Also Joe Arpaio when? I guess you answered that with the Jefferson Davis question I guess.

Neo_Crimson fucked around with this message at 08:31 on Feb 2, 2020

Firstscion
Apr 11, 2008

Born Lucky

I just want to say thanks for introducing me to Knowledge Fight I love those boys.

An insane mind
Aug 11, 2018

Hi Robert, love the podcast most of the time and wanted to ask if you're ever going to do an episode on the Dutch. It's mostly in jest I ask though as most of our fascism and bastardry would be super boring to read about for you. Geert Wilders is arguably our most interesting modern bastard and the only thing people know is he hates Muslim people and has a weird hairdo.

Anyway just wanted to say you're doing a good job :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

GunFondler42069 posted:

Unfortunately the only fictional universe I know enough about to do an episode like that for is Warhammer 40k and the resulting episode would be interesting for roughly 9 people

You should do it someday though. “The universe where everyone outside commissar not-Blackadder is a bastard and how the most evil bastards are weirdly most sympathetic” it would be a fun episode of you explaining to some poor person the lore of 40k.