Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
November check in. Still catching up on a lot of stuff thanks to my October mishap.

Bad Seafood posted:

Target for November is 179,503.
The final target (for December) is 195,394.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sitting Here
Dec 31, 2007
mini :toxx: that i will finish the chapter i am working on by friday, will be back with a monthly toxx in january

Sitting Here
Dec 31, 2007

Sitting Here posted:

mini :toxx: that i will finish the chapter i am working on by friday, will be back with a monthly toxx in january

done. the doc has been updated with my complete chapter trash.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1ZbfdUh_CdrrDcyrSyV6Fl_4dgq5pGWrpBvpm8uS1_4g/edit?usp=sharing

Guiness13
Feb 17, 2007

The best angel of all.
Uhhhhh, words are done, and were done before the new year, I just haven't had a chance to sit down and screenshot them yet. Will do tomorrow.

Sitting Here
Dec 31, 2007
Shitlord wastrel checking in with a :toxx: for 5k

Also calling sebmojo out for the toxx he said he'd do

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Yep here's me for 5k on wls :toxx:

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

Been busy with Christmas and New Years stuff. Will report in soon.

Anomalous Blowout
Feb 13, 2006

rock
ice
storm
abyss

It makes no attempt to sound human. It is atoms and stars.

:toxx: on my WIP, The Boy With the Broken Jaw. Currently at 74,500. Toxxing to either hit 100k or finish the book by end of Jan.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

And finished.

Bad Seafood posted:

The final target (for December) is 195,394.
Granted, my December ended up packed, so a fair bit of the home stretch ended up being "Letter of the law" gibberish, but the point (in my mind) was to write something to get in the habit and just practice, practice, practice, so I'm fine with it.

Anomalous Blowout
Feb 13, 2006

rock
ice
storm
abyss

That’s loving fantastic, dude.

Guiness13
Feb 17, 2007

The best angel of all.
Aaaand by "tomorrow," I apparently mean, "a few days later."

6,129 words, all on The Great Novel Rewrite (That Is Consuming All).

:toxx: for 5K, also all on the novel, unless I finish the drat thing, although that's unlikely to happen in 5k words.

take the moon
Feb 13, 2011

by sebmojo
mojo im assuming you have some kind of mod email so ppl can bitch to u when you havent modded right. bout to check yr profile. uh so im gonna send you the manuscript later today. no oblig to read it but you can al confirm its got a beginning and end and hopefully isnt 100 percent incomprehensible. anyway thatll be my proof, like best i can do.

for feb id like to do, lets say gently caress w/e 10k, whatever i want but also ill sub a flash story to that place everyone does

"i used to think we were always moving forward. now i don't know what to think. i mean, we're on our way."

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Sure thing, send away! Phlouchg at gmail

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

sebmojo posted:

Yep here's me for 5k on wls :toxx:

Done, baby steps baby stepped.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Anomalous Blowout
Feb 13, 2006

rock
ice
storm
abyss

Dunno wtf happened to that screenshot but I am too lazy to fix it. 100k!

Sitting Here
Dec 31, 2007

Sitting Here posted:

Shitlord wastrel checking in with a :toxx: for 5k

Also calling sebmojo out for the toxx he said he'd do

My novel doc was at 28660 on jan 1, now it is 31103

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1ZbfdUh_CdrrDcyrSyV6Fl_4dgq5pGWrpBvpm8uS1_4g/edit?usp=sharing

i did another side thing also:

i'm a writer not a mather but i think that adds up to more than 5000 words

:toxx: that either I will write three chapters OR two chapters and 2500 words on another project of my choice.

Word count isn't as helpful right now because i tend to hit my goal and then stop mid-scene, which means i lose the flow. Chapters in my doc are shown in the outline sidebar, so there should be at least two more of those by feb 29.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

I'll go for another 5k on wls, taking me to a dizzyin 43k

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
14k words :toxx:

take the moon
Feb 13, 2011

by sebmojo
mojo can i get a probe till end of the month? v need to buckle down. tx

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

take the moon posted:

mojo can i get a probe till end of the month? v need to buckle down. tx

Sure thing buddy, I'll give you a month, pm me when you want it lifted. Write well :)

take the moon
Feb 13, 2011

by sebmojo
tx dude

Sitting Here
Dec 31, 2007

Sitting Here posted:

:toxx: that either I will write three chapters OR two chapters and 2500 words on another project of my choice.

Word count isn't as helpful right now because i tend to hit my goal and then stop mid-scene, which means i lose the flow. Chapters in my doc are shown in the outline sidebar, so there should be at least two more of those by feb 29.

The link above is updated with the new chapters. I ended on the one with the working title "Amos's failed adventure" last month, and this month added 3 full chapters and one tiny interlude, totaling in about 8100 words for the month.

Here is a screenshot of my document outline as of the end of last month, to prove i did the work

For March I :toxx: for the same thing: write three chapters or two chapters and 2500 words on another project of my choice.

Sitting Here fucked around with this message at 10:56 on Mar 1, 2020

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

done. Another 5k :toxx:

How's everyone else doing? i think it's just flerp, can you post within 24 hrs plox?

Also guinness13 i missed you apparently failing your jan toxx, so get back to me within that time or the ban will go through :(

Only registered members can see post attachments!

sebmojo fucked around with this message at 19:53 on Mar 1, 2020

Guiness13
Feb 17, 2007

The best angel of all.
I knew I was going to forget about this thread eventually.

I don't have any pictures, or even a real strong guess, of where exactly my word count was at the end of January.

As of right now I'm at 70,611.

That's 6,698 more than where I was at the start of Jan. I couldn't say how much of those were written in January, though.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Given I forgot to check I'm gonna call it a wash, you got it done. In for more this month?

Guiness13
Feb 17, 2007

The best angel of all.
Yeah, put me down for 5k. :toxx:

Now, to add a calendar reminder...

flerp
Feb 25, 2014

for march 5k non-td non-pd words :toxx:

Anomalous Blowout
Feb 13, 2006

rock
ice
storm
abyss

In for March for 10k baybees :toxx:

DeathCrabForCutie
Jul 14, 2019
oh fuc-
I'm a day late, but I'll second that 10k by the end of March, with :toxx:

take the moon
Feb 13, 2011

by sebmojo
k well in case anyone cares lol i did get it done. i havent liked what ive been writing for a while so did someth diff in feb. rly bared soul/device in fragments & splices and am ok w what came out. figure it can be worked into actual prose l8r if needed

broken but not defeated

im literally too tired rn to screencap but i did sub to ff (why wouldnt i since it was done by the deadline lol)

i cant rly write w/o this thread but ill toxx for 10k starting today (i'd like a k of this to be fanficcy fluff work i promised fren) by end of month :toxx:

sub today, dom tomorrow as they say :)

Guiness13
Feb 17, 2007

The best angel of all.
Getting this in now so I don't forget again.

Hit 77,713 this month. Gain of 7,102.

:toxx: for another 5k in April.

Sitting Here
Dec 31, 2007
uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuh

Well i got thrown completely off track for the month. I am still working on the chapter i left off on. also I'm not paying for another 30 dollars in forums stuff right now so RIP.

I have opened my doc nearly every day this month but I can only get out about 100 words per hour of writing, on top of suddenly having to share my space 24 hours a day with no actual time alone. If I'm around for April, I will toxx for a smaller goal.

take the moon
Feb 13, 2011

by sebmojo
lol

the lucidity of the cocoon that crusades you

extremely disorged

:toxx: for 30k, 25k on MS sequel and some piece up somewhere anywhere it doesnt matter where.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

under the genuinely insane circumstances, I think I'm gonna extend this march long walk to 7 april 2359 pst, but that's a hard deadline.

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

flerp
Feb 25, 2014

Sitting Here
Dec 31, 2007

Sitting Here posted:

For March I :toxx: for the same thing: write three chapters or two chapters and 2500 words on another project of my choice.

Woops I forgot to share my poo poo. I got hung up on what was supposed to be a lighthearted chapter, but current events made it real hard to maintain the mood I started the chapter in.

here is where I left off:

My LW doc is now updated with three additional chapters and a brief interlude.

:toxx: for three more chapters by the end of April, or two chapters and two interludes

DeathCrabForCutie
Jul 14, 2019
oh fuc-
Welp, got my 10k done. (split across 7 documents because I was working on several ideas and also I'm a disorganized, sue me) Bad news is it's entirely poo poo I don't want to inflict on other humans. Half of it's not even actual story; it's the written equivalent of stalling, with some word salad thrown in.
I blame COVID and anxiety for giving me writer's block.

But! If this is satisfactory I would like to go again for April, this time for 2k BUT I have to post it for others to read. That way I have to put all my effort into making one story that I'm satisfied with.

take the moon
Feb 13, 2011

by sebmojo
heck ya lol

Anomalous Blowout
Feb 13, 2006

rock
ice
storm
abyss

Forgot to post here, but:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

take the moon
Feb 13, 2011

by sebmojo
placeholder. i will lit. have this poo poo up tomorrow. i think i have 30k but i need to scour for it all over the place and throw it together.

lame but i subbed someth to flash frontier 2 months ago itll come out over the weekend and if that doesnt count for my toxx to get something up then ill take the ban.