Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Red_Fred
Oct 21, 2010

Fallen Rib

Knuc U Kinte posted:

I think this is one of the games where the wiki is absolutely useless because of dweebs like that. I usually use a combination of reddit and google to find useful poo poo. Pretty sure I've seen a similar clothing warmth guide on a reddit post.

Yeah I think this is spot on. When I started playing I was surprised to find the two wikis were garbage like you say.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

doingitwrong
Jul 27, 2013
Fun new bug today. Moonshiner mission starts and I’m flailing and falling below the map. Teleport to the surface and find myself standing on top of the wagon icon with the flashing down arrow. The wagon has also fallen below the map. Let’s see how the game handles restarting mid mission.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

doingitwrong posted:

Fun new bug today. Moonshiner mission starts and I’m flailing and falling below the map. Teleport to the surface and find myself standing on top of the wagon icon with the flashing down arrow. The wagon has also fallen below the map. Let’s see how the game handles restarting mid mission.

That happened to me. I turned my box off and back on and it let me do the run successfully.

doingitwrong
Jul 27, 2013
Same.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
In an effort to collect more information for easier use, a Hunting/Fishing Guide.

I might just make guides for everything I'm constantly looking up.

Zesty fucked around with this message at 04:14 on Jan 31, 2020

Evil Badman
Aug 19, 2006

Skills include:
EIGHT-FOOT VERTICAL LEAP

Zesty posted:

In an effort to collect more information for easier use, a Hunting/Fishing Guide.

You're doing the Lord's work.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Good hunter, free us from this waking nightmare

Zesty posted:

What have you done :ohdear:

TorakFade
Oct 3, 2006

I strongly disapprove

Capn Beeb posted:

What have you done :ohdear:

Agreed, you monster

(I think I never ever saw a cat, even in singleplayer :( where can I find them?)

Jeff Goldblum
Dec 3, 2009

TorakFade posted:

Agreed, you monster

(I think I never ever saw a cat, even in singleplayer :( where can I find them?)

pretty much anywhere with people around to crucify you for killing cats

Jeff Goldblum fucked around with this message at 11:03 on Jan 31, 2020

Freudian slippers
Jun 23, 2009
US Goon shocked and appalled to find that world is a dirty, unjust place

TorakFade posted:

Agreed, you monster

Saw one yesterday in Lagras.

ElTacoGato
Oct 11, 2012

TorakFade posted:

Agreed, you monster

I've seen one in Strawberry hanging around near the butcher/post office.

You can say hello to them but you can't pet them, which is an absolute CRIME. :mad:

Oberst
May 24, 2010

Fertilizing threads since 2010
Theres always cats in the saint denis market near the trapper

Oberst
May 24, 2010

Fertilizing threads since 2010
Also take a first person look at those mangy street dogs

Clavavisage
Nov 12, 2011
a bunch of cats spawn at the saloon outside Emerald ranch where you meet cripps for moonshiner

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!
Okay okay! Stop telling this guy where to go to skin more cats!

Red_Fred
Oct 21, 2010

Fallen Rib

Zesty posted:

This is also great! Thank you.

Jeff Goldblum
Dec 3, 2009

IGN - More Than 50 Ways to Skin a Cat, a RDR2 Guide[/sic]

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

Get up, chief. We're just gettin' started.

Zesty posted:

correction for sockeye salmon: they’re big, but still somehow fit in the satchel. at least online

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Actually I think there are big and small versions of a couple of fish breeds.

Au Revoir Shosanna
Feb 17, 2011

i support this government and/or service
is there any reason to upgrade from the bolt action in online?

also can you toggle the scope on all snipers? i don't remember being able to do that on the rolling block in singleplayer

Ofaloaf
Feb 15, 2013

The Carcano is interesting because it's the rifle that killed JFK, but I'm not actually sure if it's better than the bolt action.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Ofaloaf posted:

The Carcano is interesting because it's the rifle that killed JFK, but I'm not actually sure if it's better than the bolt action.

nothing is better than a bolt action imo

TorakFade
Oct 3, 2006

I strongly disapprove

Au Revoir Shosanna posted:

also can you toggle the scope on all snipers? i don't remember being able to do that on the rolling block in singleplayer

Wait what? As far as I know, Carcano and Rolling Block both have scope-only aiming like in singleplayer; I didn't test it because I don't want to waste money but if that's not true in online, I have to go buy them like right now (though I doubt it, that would actually be a good move by Rockstar and we can't have that)

TorakFade fucked around with this message at 15:04 on Feb 1, 2020

Transmogrifier
Dec 10, 2004

Systems at max!

Lipstick Apathy
The Carcano and the Rolling Block scopes can't be toggled. I also prefer the Carcano over the Bolt Action, but it's personal preference.

PlisskensEyePatch
Oct 10, 2012

Transmogrifier posted:

The Carcano and the Rolling Block scopes can't be toggled. I also prefer the Carcano over the Bolt Action, but it's personal preference.

And you get it free in Online if you have the superduper ultimate edition or whatever.

It was my go to hunting rifle in Online.

doingitwrong
Jul 27, 2013

Au Revoir Shosanna posted:

Rolling Block can often one hit kill players with a body shot and has the long scope for better long range killing. You can't toggle the scope.

For most PvP situations I prefer Lancaster + Rolling Block unless it's a map where I know there's not a lot of long distance shooting opportunities. I LOVE it for freeroam situations where someone comes at you and then you can kill them, find where they respawn on the minimap and kill again.

For hunting & general PVE, I prefer BAR. As you note, you can toggle the scope, it is good for when NPCs rush you, and you never need to reload a clip.

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

TorakFade posted:

Agreed, you monster

i've seen a few cats, there's one or two in Rhodes iirc and some in the docks area of St Denis

I did not realize there were so many dog breeds, I've only seen a couple

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

ElTacoGato posted:

I've seen one in Strawberry hanging around near the butcher/post office.

You can say hello to them but you can't pet them, which is an absolute CRIME. :mad:

Rockstar nails the immersive experience again imo

Although the best video game cats are in asscreed origins, where you can’t pet the cats directly, but you can crouch near them and sometimes they’ll decide to allow themselves to be pet

ElTacoGato
Oct 11, 2012
And you can be drat sure that I had Bayek stop near every cat I saw in case it wanted to be pet.

:3:

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

I, too, tried to pet a cat and was disappointed

We need a camp cat that brings Cripps one small animal every hour.

Sleekly
Aug 21, 2008

FuturePastNow posted:

why is this not a thing? cats collecting squirrels and songbirds is too good of an idea not to do

TorakFade
Oct 3, 2006

I strongly disapprove

FuturePastNow posted:

I, too, tried to pet a cat and was disappointed

This! Especially since Cripss is clearly not a dog person, he is berating and yelling at my husky all the time :( gently caress you Cripps, stop packing my camp or I'll have the dog bite you in the rear end while you sleep

Terra-da-loo!
Apr 6, 2008

Sufficiently kickass.
I'm honestly kinda hoping Rockstar messes my streak up, cause I'm at 150 days and feeling slavish and ready to die

Au Revoir Shosanna
Feb 17, 2011

i support this government and/or service
how much gold do you have? is there even anything left to spend it on?

the last signal...
Apr 16, 2009
Past couple of days the stupid launcher is acting slow as hell and usually won't let me boot up the game. Sometimes it boots and then says I'm not logged into the social club and kicks me out.

Why the gently caress do I have to go through this stuff for a god drat single player game? gently caress this launcher

Bloodcider
Jun 19, 2009
I found some weird poo poo the other day while wandering around Lemoyne.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oawZMEQHFx0

Is this a glitch or was this always here? I can't tell anymore with this game.

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

Bloodcider posted:

I found some weird poo poo the other day while wandering around Lemoyne.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oawZMEQHFx0

Is this a glitch or was this always here? I can't tell anymore with this game.

Yeah thats an easter egg. theres a lot of strange things all over this game

Tragedienne
Sep 7, 2007

"I need your stage no longer. I dance for myself."
I love logging in and wondering if my server will have animals, Cripps, or neither.

winter.mute
Jan 5, 2010
did a moonshiner mission to teach my rivals a lesson by fighting them in the saloon...

decided to send a strong and clear message to keep off my turf.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i5Z9bjg12h8

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Terra-da-loo! posted:

I'm honestly kinda hoping Rockstar messes my streak up, cause I'm at 150 days and feeling slavish and ready to die

Looks like you might get your wish, logged in (after like eight attempts) and found daily challenges disabled.