Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

already in use posted:

Funnily enough, the British people voted on that too and FPTP also won with a huge majority.

God loving dammit :doh:

Kill that loving monstrosity of a voting system please.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Unkempt
May 24, 2003

...perfect spiral, scientists are still figuring it out...

already in use posted:

Funnily enough, the British people voted on that too and FPTP also won with a huge majority.

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

already in use posted:

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Polling where they just ask people factual questions always interest me. After the people answer, do they tell them the actual correct answer or do they say "uh huh" and then leave them in their wrongness?

Ratzap
Jun 9, 2012

Let no pie go wasted
Soiled Meat

Jerusalem posted:

Now changing their stupid loving backwards rear end awful terrible no-good doesn't work at all it's loving stupid First Past The Post System on the other hand... that's something that should be done.

Now see that was where the Lib Dems showed just why they are worthless cunts. They got into bed with the Tories because they desperately wanted power. They got the Tories to agree to the referendum on changing the voting system - so far so good. Then they let the Tories frame the question that would be voted on and they sabotaged it perfectedly by selecting a specific system which no-one uses (and no-one in their right mind ever will). It was then pretty simple to shoot down and unsurprisingly it was a wash out.

They were supposed to insist on proportional voting or a more vague question like 'Should the UK voting system be modernised' but apparently they were either too stupid, drunk or the payoff was too good.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Katt posted:

they should have just been kicked out of the EU years ago because this relationship obviously doesn't work on any level.

Really? Because from what I can tell the relationship with the EU worked fine before Brexit. It's just that the UK irrationally resented the EU so they chose to actively sabotage that relationship out of spite.

Anyway, hope Scotland gets their independence soon.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

So after the referendum failed, they spent 250 million on maternity units, right?

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Really? Because from what I can tell the relationship with the EU worked fine before Brexit. It's just that the UK irrationally resented the EU so they chose to actively sabotage that relationship out of spite.

Anyway, hope Scotland gets their independence soon.

What I mean is that over the course of Brexit the relationship has deteriorated completely to the point where I think it's unsalvageable.

I think if Brexit had been canceled the UK would have eaten itself alive until it could do Brexit again.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

Jerusalem posted:

So after the referendum failed, they spent 250 million on maternity units, right?

In the same way Brexit meant saving 350 million a week that could instead be used to fund the NHS, yes.

They started privatizing it within a week of finally winning a majority.

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

When Stiglich accidentally did a good one.

GeminiSun
Feb 16, 2011

How... but... is the hammer just.... protruding from Bernie's collarbone? There's no hand there to hold it where it's sticking through the door, and we can see that the sickle is coming around on this side of the door instead of going through, so.... I.... :psyduck:

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011

GeminiSun posted:

How... but... is the hammer just.... protruding from Bernie's collarbone? There's no hand there to hold it where it's sticking through the door, and we can see that the sickle is coming around on this side of the door instead of going through, so.... I.... :psyduck:

Very charitable to call that a hammer, looks more a cardboard sign.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Katt posted:

:sickos:

Herman Merman
Jul 6, 2008

Jerusalem posted:

No, it turned out the soldiers needed bulletproof vests more.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer

Herman Merman posted:

More than rich people needed tax breaks? Weird.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Herman Merman posted:

Look at this guy who thinks the soldiers got the bulletproof vests.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

Someone photoshop Stigliches hammer and sickle into his hands.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

Wow that is some genuinely evocative art. Makes me feel uncomfortable. That would probably not be the case if those cups would have been labeled FREE STUFF.

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Just imagine sitting down with Sanders for a cuppa.

Now imagine doing the same with either Bush, Clinton, Turnip or even Obama.

TheDeadlyShoe
Feb 14, 2014

famously unpersonable and hard to get along with politicians, Bill Clinton and Barack Obama.

drunkencarp
Feb 14, 2012
Glad-handing was like literally the one thing Dubya was supposedly good at, some kind of Texas Michael Scott.

Eulogistics
Aug 30, 2012

drunkencarp posted:

Glad-handing was like literally the one thing Dubya was supposedly good at, some kind of Texas Michael Scott.

I am now trying to imagine a conversation between Dubya and Trump about anything besides the Middle East or Muslims and I can't do it.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
His whole thing was "I'm the kind of guy you could sit down and have a beer with, Gore/Kerry is a sneering ivory tower elitist"

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Lodin posted:

Just imagine sitting down with Sanders for a cuppa.

Now imagine doing the same with either Bush, Clinton, Turnip or even Obama.

:bern101: the country simply cannot go on without mending the social support system.
:v: indeed! More tea?

:downsowned: ...and that's how I ordered the army into iraq.
:v: how did you get into my house?!

:pervert: do you like what you see?
:v: I find you repulsive, yet somehow :gay:

:trumpsmug: tea?! I drink AMERICAN COFFEE!
:v: sir this is a McDonalds drive through

:obama: in retrospect, I should have fought the republicans tooth and nail.
:v: gee you think?

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Jerusalem posted:

The 250 million cost included about £80m for the cost of running the referendum and £130m for implementing electronic voting which isn't even necessary.

Shocking eh?

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts

Gaybies Nomination: Worst Gaslighter Cartoon

McConnell deliberately scheduled the trial to prevent them from campaigning in Iowa, you disingenuous shithead.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

What went wrong is that even though Trump is obviously guilty the republicans will do anything to remain power. Including keeping that assclown in office.

Purgatory Glory
Feb 20, 2005

Katt posted:

Spot on Alan Dershowitz.

skeleton warrior
Nov 12, 2016

Alhazred posted:

What went wrong is that even though Trump is obviously guilty the republicans will do anything to remain power. Including keeping that assclown in office.

I’m receiving reporting from Earth-2, where they made the impeachment investigation in the House more deliberate and waited for the courts to reject all of their subpoenas, and apparently Ramirez has just come out with a cartoon saying that if the Democrats actually thought Trump was a danger to the office, they’d be going much much faster, so it’s all obviously a sham

Edit: also, apparently the term “hoofer mama” is a thing there, and I don’t get it

Edit2: okay its a dog meme thing, Twitter is just as hosed up over there

skeleton warrior fucked around with this message at 17:58 on Feb 2, 2020

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

Observer:

"We got Brexit done – Boris Johnson and Dominic Cummings contemplate what comes next"

Sunday Telegraph:

Sunday Times:

Feinne
Oct 9, 2007

When you fall, get right back up again.
It goes without saying that Grate Britane will in fact still be complying with pretty much every EU rule they consider onerous because they will have to in order to sell into the EU.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Impeachment took three months, whereas the trial itself will take mere weeks. The GOP is just projection taken physical form.

Warren said her Secretary of Education pick would be screened by “a young trans person” to ensure that nominee would promote inclusive schools. So I assume this is just dunking on her with an opposite-of-reality cartoon.

An insane mind
Aug 11, 2018

There's quite a few more wow Brexit is dumb cartoons now that they got it through O_o

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

Feinne posted:

It goes without saying that Grate Britane will in fact still be complying with pretty much every EU rule they consider onerous because they will have to in order to sell into the EU.

They get to follow all the rules without having any input in creating the rules!

Also there is no actual solution to the Irish border problem.

there wolf
Jan 11, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

They get to follow all the rules without having any input in creating the rules!

Also there is no actual solution to the Irish border problem.

Big house swap between the people who don't want to reunite with Ireland and anyone in the UK who wants to go back to the EU.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Pants Donkey posted:

Impeachment took three months, whereas the trial itself will take mere weeks. The GOP is just projection taken physical form.
Warren said her Secretary of Education pick would be screened by “a young trans person” to ensure that nominee would promote inclusive schools. So I assume this is just dunking on her with an opposite-of-reality cartoon.

I mean I know it's self selection and all with most of my feed being lefties and all but most trans folks I've seen responding to it have been mocking it for being as hamfisted and pandering as that dumb 'to improve the lives of trans people I'll read the names of trans people killed on the national day of remembrance' answer she gave ages ago.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

I love how some talking points are, "Yeah it was bad what Trump did, but the Dems rushed it. Shouldn't have rushed it!"

Ignoring the obstruction to their fact-finding and general non-compliance, the Right makes it sound like they would've given the trial an actual fair chance had it been done properly, which is such bull-poo poo.