Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
also read this https://mangadex.org/title/21893/otome-danshi-ni-koisuru-otome

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013

GorfZaplen posted:

Jealousy by Scarlet Beriko

PhysicsFrenzy
May 30, 2011

this, too, is physics

Nondevor posted:

p.s. anime is cool

anime is cool, and so are you for posting all that despite how difficult it was

blossommirage
Nov 7, 2012

Nondevor posted:

since being gay is cool
anime = cool; anime = gay

the math looks right to me

I'm sorry, I know I kinda sandbagged it with a stupid joke, but your post was pretty brave. It's scary putting yourself out there, and I just wanted to apologize for that. A lot of queer people struggle with imposter syndrome when figuring out how we feel exactly, and it's cool this thread has helped you understand stuff a bit better.

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
compliments on your asuka avatar :cheerdoge:

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop

Nondevor posted:

I’ve been struggling to post in this thread because of feeling some major imposter syndrome (despite definitely being not cis/straight at all), but seeing stuff like Wark’s post & the current discussion has encouraged me to at least try? Sorry if it’s too disjointed.
If it helps, one of my closest friends has the same sort of confused feelings regarding what specifically their identity is, and identifying as queer has definitely helped them a ton with that.

blossommirage
Nov 7, 2012

DisDisDis posted:

compliments on your asuka avatar :cheerdoge:

:cheerdoge:

Thanks. She speaks to my emo, lesbian soul.

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
i was probated while this was a current topic of discussion but i would just like to say

love stage is good because i like gay stuff where the bottom looks like a nerd girl who dresses like a boy

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

It's an extremely high tier look.

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

Nondevor posted:

Hence, leading to imposter syndrome. My responses are probably too clumsy for discussing this topic (thanks perpetual anxiety and foot-in-mouth tendencies), and I don’t want to hurt people unintentionally :(

please try not to worry too much about it, if you can. honestly the only way to figure this stuff out is usually through talking it out. it would be different if you were coming here with bad intent but like if somebody fucks up some terminology or asks a question that might be offensive you're not going to get run out of the thread

just like don't describe every het relationship in japan as being basically rape and you'll be fine

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
Also I found out the femme4femme couple in the outlawed butch butch love dystopia manga looks like this so i'm finally gonna read it

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Thanks a bunch for this, I just powered through half of it and it's really hitting me hard. Kind of mixing between Yuki and Mayu.

I know I kinda said my piece earlier but like, I don't consider myself valid in any sense. I generally don't have immediate physical attraction to guys and have problems with abrasive or forcefulness but at the same time I feel uncomfortable around girls and don't get along very well with them either. Honestly the best friends I've had were either trans or femme guys, and while I've always wanted to try that sort of thing for myself, I recognize that I'm way too ugly to every try to do something like that. As such, I'm not sure where I fall on any spectrum outside of 'bi I guess', but at the same time only liking girlish guys makes me feel like that's too straight to be right for LGBT+ spaces but at the same time I don't feel straight enough to just be comfortable with saying I'm all straight either. Not to mention I don't know where just normal social anxiety ends and LGBT+ spectrums start and gah.

I don't even know if this is the right place to talk about this sort of thing, so I'm okay with being told 'disappear cis trash' if I'm intruding.

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
We're not gonna pull anyone's gay/trans card or demand people unclear about their identities have worked it out enough to say 'i'm x' to be allowed to post here.

also no one has to do the 'sorry if im ___ trash' self putdown thing in here (not calling you out just in general for anyone who might come in here) all the people in here i know personally in here are chill i think and id encourage everyone to be nice to themselves

happyp osting :cheerdoge:

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

yeah you dont have to justify your identity to anyone. i think the twitter/tumblr generation kinda puts you in that mindset, but your identity doesnt have to be something you can fit in an aboutme blurb or w/e. just do what you wanna do and live how you wanna live, theres no arbitrary test you have to pass before you can call yourself not straight

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.
I mean we're like a page past the no straights allowed decision so even if that kind of doubt is unnecessary it's not surprising?

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

I don't feel straight

This covers all you need though it's fine

Also "girls and girlish guys" sure sounds to me like some variety of bi/pan/whatever, girlish guys aren't some cunning ploy by the straights trying to trick you into heterosexuality

blossommirage
Nov 7, 2012

Yeah, one thing I wish I knew early on was that the first queer identity you call yourself isn't something you have to stay married to forever if you find it doesn't fit as well as something else. Labels are cool and help you understand yourself, but they shouldn't define you. Queer acceptance is about being true to yourself, and if you're not, it kinda goes against the point.

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

yeah, i was straight, then cis and bi, then genderqueer, then cis and bi again, and then finally realized I was trans when I was 23

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

it's more than fine to question things and figure out what labels you want to use and sometimes assign a label incorrectly

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013

Waci posted:

I mean we're like a page past the no straights allowed decision so even if that kind of doubt is unnecessary it's not surprising?

i was in catjail when it happened n my brain is too glazed over rn to tease out the subtle context but i think the spirit of 'no allyposting' might just be 'dont be weird and performative about interacting with gay/trans people instead of just talking like your normally do on the internet forum' not 'straight people dont post here.'

i would clarify 'dont be weird and performative' with you really, genuinely don't need to self deprecate a certain amount to not get yelled at we're all normal and don't bite'

i made my first posts here literally today tho and prob need to go play etrian odyssey for the rest of the night

Nondevor
Jun 1, 2011

catposting
:unsmith: Thanks, thread. I’m feeling better already. Hopefully I can be able to talk more confidently about myself like this in the future — not for crude “identity/straightness checks” like what’s been mentioned (gross!), but just to better analyze/clarify my own worldview and live peacefully with that.

everythingWasBees posted:

just like don't describe every het relationship in japan as being basically rape and you'll be fine

I certainly wouldn’t do this, at least! Nor refuse to address/acknowledge any of the points raised by helpful sources people throw at you, and continue saying the same incorrect statements :v:

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

Not to mention I don't know where just normal social anxiety ends and LGBT+ spectrums start and gah.

also: hi, you. welcome to the imposter syndrome club. People like you, me, and Wark are still figuring things out about our identities at our own paces, and as the other nice people have said in the thread - that’s perfectly fine! Love and be easy on yourself, namaste

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Yeah, my interpretation of the 'no allyposting' thing kinda had me thinking more along the lines of 'cis-adjacent need not apply' so that's my bad. And yeah, I have enough friends in various LGBT+ circles to know that there are times I'm better off just butting out because it's not my place that at best I kinda default to certain defeatist mindsets, sorry. Self-loathing is a curse that's hard to get out of.

Anyways, Otome Danshi ni Koisuru Otome is real fuckin' cute and I can't stop reading it. Fujieda's my favorite, despite what I said about identifying with other characters earlier.

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
it is really great and has just gotten better and better in ways i did not expect at all having totally bought into the initial premise as it's gone on

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

DisDisDis posted:

Also I found out the femme4femme couple in the outlawed butch butch love dystopia manga looks like this so i'm finally gonna read it

Someone give me a link to this

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
https://mangadex.org/title/432/renai-idenshi-xx

ADTRW Renai Idenshi XX Simulread

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Thanks dis

Thuryl
Mar 14, 2007

My postillion has been struck by lightning.

Namtab posted:

Someone give me a link to this

I'm assuming it's Love DNA XX, unless there are multiple manga with the same fairly specific premise.

edit: oh well apparently i was right but also this post is redundant

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013

Namtab posted:

Thanks dis

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Whens the ADTRW Simuwatch of Love Stage

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Whens the ADTRW Simuwatch of Love Stage

right here baby https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3908412&pagenumber=3#post502167252

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
Caught up on Symphogear and the ending was good but they were cowards for not having the wedding live on screen for the ending, imo.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

DisDisDis posted:

That's actually the butch couple dressed as femmes

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
gently caress!!!!!!!

great look though

e; someone post the femme couple

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Post them yourself when you read it.

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
I TRIED TO BAIT THE TXPOL THREAD WITH THE WORLD'S WORST POSSIBLE TAKE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS STUPID AVATAR.
is... is he tied up?

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Watermelon Daiquiri posted:

is... is he tied up?

I see your unfamiliar with the Dis Library of Congress collection

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
I TRIED TO BAIT THE TXPOL THREAD WITH THE WORLD'S WORST POSSIBLE TAKE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS STUPID AVATAR.
Oh, I'm already familiar, I was just wanting confirmation lol

I was about to add "knowing you, he probably is" but i thought that was too much

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Post the drat hotdog page so i dont have to find it

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Also, I'm sure someone might know what this manga I read a while back but it was basically a kinda BL manga where it was an all boys school but a bunch of students crossdressed because of one reason or another? I started reading it a long time ago but didn't get far and forgot the name and was interested in checking it out again to see if it was good, and it does seem relevant considering the earlier talk about otome danshi.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013