Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Vegetable posted:

If you happen to have six to eight remotes, Super Bomberman R is one of very few games that will accommodate those numbers of players. It’s a riot at parties and gatherings.

A real loving pity that 99% of the customizable options are locked behind an exceedingly stingey reward system that forces you to replay and replay and replay. You can get by with just the base stuff no problem but you easily have to clock thousands of hours to unlock every single possible thing in this game (assuming you’re not cheesing it, but even that option will cost you dozens of hours).

I found a decent way to cheese gems but it still takes too long for my liking.

“Battle Royal Match

Rounds: 1

Map: Power Zone

Bomber: Vic Viper Bomber

Choose one single COM Bomber and set Player 3 and 4 to nothing.

When the match starts, you will be in the top left corner. Dash two times *right away* to get to the corner in the bottom right. Let yourself die by the bomb that the cpu will have placed in that corner.

**This gives you 150 coins for exactly 3 seconds of movement.**”

I love the game but the unlock system is loving insane. I spent an hour or so doing it while watching shows.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

nachos posted:

You mean? Bart nice

:yeah:

Rosalind
Apr 30, 2013

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change.

I beat Witcher 3 this weekend. I found it amusing that the final boss gave me less trouble than the time I encountered 2 bears and a few wolves. I've been trying out Thronebreaker but I'm learning that I'm very bad at Gwent despite my MTG and Hearthstone experience.

I also got Kentucky Route Zero and so far it's been ok. Is there a point where it gets good that I just need to reach? Or is it just this sort of lo-fi atmospheric point-and-click strange convos/experiences throughout?

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

haha wow i cant believe how lucky we got to win :D

Waltzing Along posted:

Pretty sure the core mechanic of Braid was rewinding. It just takes the hassle out of creating save states and makes it near instantaneous. Same thing, though.

Mike Matei is only someone because he is friends with someone who used to make funny videos complaining about dumb games and started early enough that he got a following.

Neither of them would be a blip if they got their start ten years later.

avgn still makes funny videos .

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Rosalind posted:

I also got Kentucky Route Zero and so far it's been ok. Is there a point where it gets good that I just need to reach? Or is it just this sort of lo-fi atmospheric point-and-click strange convos/experiences throughout?
It's all this lo-fi trip going increasingly strange. Then Act V also happens.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

heeheex2 posted:

avgn still makes funny videos .

It's possible. Most of his stuff is trash now.

The last one I can remember enjoying was Big Rigs.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Rosalind posted:

I beat Witcher 3 this weekend. I found it amusing that the final boss gave me less trouble than the time I encountered 2 bears and a few wolves. I've been trying out Thronebreaker but I'm learning that I'm very bad at Gwent despite my MTG and Hearthstone experience.

if it hasn't hooked you by the time you visit Weaver and hear the Ramblers' music on the way back, then it probably never will

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Waltzing Along posted:

It's possible. Most of his stuff is trash now.

The last one I can remember enjoying was Big Rigs.

The latest one was better than they have been over the past year or so, mostly because there was no dumb gimmick or plot in the way.

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!
https://twitter.com/gematsucom/status/1224423946289725440?s=19

There it is. $40 isn't bad. April of this year ain't too far away either.

Rosalind
Apr 30, 2013

Oxxidation posted:

if it hasn't hooked you by the time you visit Weaver and hear the Ramblers' music on the way back, then it probably never will

Maybe the mistake I made was playing it without sound. I'm not that far in at all--maybe 30 minutes? I mainly was exploring a gas station and I forget what happened next.

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Not this one in particular, but I always thought it would be amusing for one of these Kickstarters where the project is already 95% done to come up short.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

The latest one was better than they have been over the past year or so, mostly because there was no dumb gimmick or plot in the way.

The one I got bored with and turned off after a few minutes?

glassyalabolas
Oct 21, 2006
I want to bowl with the gangsters...

This reward tier is where it's at.

Pledge ¥11,000 or more
ABOUT $102

The Wonderful 101

INCLUDES:
Physical Release of The Wonderful 101: Remastered
Keychain
Abridged CD Soundtrack
T-Shirt
Get Blocked on Twitter By Kamiya
Digital Comic
Abridged Digital Soundtrack

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

https://twitter.com/wario64/status/1224427191858954240?s=21

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Oh hey they made their goal

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Rosalind posted:

Maybe the mistake I made was playing it without sound. I'm not that far in at all--maybe 30 minutes? I mainly was exploring a gas station and I forget what happened next.

The gas station is the very first area and yes, playing it without sound is a terrible idea.

Weedle
May 31, 2006

Waltzing Along posted:

The one I got bored with and turned off after a few minutes?

Maybe you're just getting older. I have fond memories of late-night AVGN binges lo those many years ago, but they're unwatchable now, even the ones I liked back then. I think it's all the yelling.

Weedle
May 31, 2006

Rosalind posted:

Maybe the mistake I made was playing it without sound.

but....... why

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things
So with that the only two games I really liked that are stranded on the WiiU are Pikmin 3 and Xenoblade Chronicles X

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Weedle posted:

Maybe you're just getting older. I have fond memories of late-night AVGN binges lo those many years ago, but they're unwatchable now, even the ones I liked back then. I think it's all the yelling.

I still like a lot of the older ones. The new stuff just bugs me. It's like he had a voice before and now he is trying to mimic himself in the past. So it comes across as really stupid and phony. Rather than just growing and maturing as a writer, he's stuck trying to recreate his glory days.

Board James was a good off shoot. His movie reviews are complete trash, especially in comparison to RLM who do pretty much the same stuff only without the pretentiousness.

Maybe it's his deal with amazon that is messing things up. Or that he is scraping bottom of the barrel. Whatever it is, the new stuff really falls flat for me.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Looks like if this thing really takes off they could port it to even more systems

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

cams posted:

if you use the fast forward feature to beat final fantasy 8, you are cheating and a failure of a human being. if you're not spending 15 hours of an 80 hour playthrough drawing magic, you're inferior to me!
The "draw" command is only useful to get GFs, because refining cards gives you better magic earlier (except for the last few Meteor-level spells which are best gotten on the Islands Closest to Heaven/Hell draw points)

:goonsay:

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

I was never a fan of the video production and skits and those were the parts he leaned into so it was pretty easy for me to give us on AVGN

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Gripweed posted:

Looks like if this thing really takes off they could port it to even more systems

Finally a vita version of w101

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Gripweed posted:

What other places could they port it? That's all there is.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

Rosalind
Apr 30, 2013

Weedle posted:

but....... why

Because I can't use my bluetooth headphones with my Switch and I like to play on public transit.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

BisterdDave posted:

quote:

Kamiya: “We felt it did not quite reach the audience that it deserved. As creators we are very confident in the game. This project is a unique opportunity to bring the fans together and see how far the game can go, which is why we went the crowdfunding route. We did speak with Nintendo about it initially, but they said, ‘you either do it only with us or do it yourselves.’ But speaking with them they allowed us to cut a deal, so we took upon ourselves to start this project. Dangen Entertainment is helping us. We have seen successful campaigns in the past, Bloodstained in particular, so we saw it as a very unique and interesting opportunity.”

This part makes the last few days of "Why didn't Nintendo just fund the port themselves?" back and forth seem silly in retrospect.

Weedle
May 31, 2006

Waltzing Along posted:

What other places could they port it? That's all there is.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Rosalind posted:

Because I can't use my bluetooth headphones with my Switch and I like to play on public transit.

kr0 is the sort of game that is best played alone, preferably on a large screen, and absolutely with sound

Weedle
May 31, 2006

Rosalind posted:

Get some wired earbuds for like $10 and keep them in your bag. I cannot imagine playing a game like KRZ in complete silence any more than I could imagine watching a David Lynch movie in complete silence.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

BisterdDave posted:

I didn't even like W101 all that much, but I might chip in anyway just to show some support to PlatinumGames. They've earned that from years of making wonderful games. :D

Weedle
May 31, 2006

Oxxidation posted:

kr0 is the sort of game that is best played alone

What about with *taps microphone* ~MY WIFE~

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Oh god, please tell me that they’ll do the same thing with Vanquish and MGR on Switch.:pray:

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

SeANMcBAY posted:

Oh god, please tell me that they’ll do the same thing with Vanquish and MGR on Switch.:pray:

Vanquish is already on PC, along with the PS3 and 360, so there'd be a lot less demand for a port. And I think if they suggested porting MGR someone from Konami would go to the Platinum office and spit in the face of every employee working there

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
I can't imagine that it would take so little money and only two months to make a remaster of a Wii U game that involves removing all of the Gamepad features.

Weedle
May 31, 2006

Astro7x posted:

I can't imagine that it would take so little money and only two months to make a remaster of a Wii U game that involves removing all of the Gamepad features.

they probably didn't just start working on it today

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Never played nor do I have interest in playing W101, but I'm glad the Kickstarter is going well and hope it gets ported to everything and it all goes without a hitch.

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer
We'll very quickly get a Steam port at least, looks like. The most important port.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Astro7x posted:

They said the Kickstarter is for publishing the game, not remastering it.