Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch
Beasley and Harris are complete doodoo this year, considering them Assets (especially at Harris's price) is not too realistic and Favors is an expiring so the Thunder would be getting what, some cap relief? Steven Adams is a big price to pay for that. I do appreciate the attempt to get Denver an all-star level PG for two struggling dudes and cancer though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP

MourningView posted:

A lot of this thread is insistent that he can shoot now and it's very weird. He's otherworldly at every single other basketball thing, it's okay

It's because the last Bucks game most of us have watched is that one against the Lakers where he made a bunch of them.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Ranch Du Bois posted:

It's nba trade szn so I'm going to throw poo poo at the wall in hopes that Denver gets Jrue Holiday and becomes a contender.

New Orleans gets a legit starting center to help Zion on defense, and a great wing defender in Gary Harris to replace Holiday.

Thunder get another asset with Beasley and Favors' expiring contract. Denver might also need to throw them a pick.

And Denver gets an all star to pair with Jamal who can improve their defense overall and make them far more competitive in the playoffs, assuming Jrue goes as hard as he did in 2018.

Favors is already a legit starting center that is great on defense, though. And, unless Harris can run the pick and roll and get to the cup consistently, he's not that valuable at what the Pels need more than wing defense. Otherwise, their options are just Ingram and a rookie NAW who can't finish at the rim to save his life. Lonzo is even worse at that than NAW.

e: also, the Pels are working to develop Hayes to be that rim protecting defender alongside Zion

Kibner fucked around with this message at 17:44 on Feb 3, 2020

Ranch Du Bois
Apr 23, 2018
Well I tried. I think Beasley does have pretty good value but probably not enough to swing Holiday. If you were trading for him you’d also hope he doesn’t want like $20 mil+.

I wonder though, if Holiday will be moved at all since I see some talk about it. To me honestly I’d be surprised if they do considering they are close to nabbing that 8 seed.

Zion is helping kinda? From what I’ve seen he cannot stick with anyone on the perimeter.

Ghetto SuperCzar
Feb 20, 2005

Ranch Du Bois posted:

Well I tried. I think Beasley does have pretty good value but probably not enough to swing Holiday. If you were trading for him you’d also hope he doesn’t want like $20 mil+.

I wonder though, if Holiday will be moved at all since I see some talk about it. To me honestly I’d be surprised if they do considering they are close to nabbing that 8 seed.

Zion is helping kinda? From what I’ve seen he cannot stick with anyone on the perimeter.

Hey I appreciate you trying because I love hypothetical trade chat and as a shitposter of bad hypothetical trades I feel pretty seen here.

Stink Billyums
Jul 7, 2006

MAGNUM
lol that the bulls could make the playoffs (they won't)

https://mobile.twitter.com/NBA/status/1224354498254123010

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Ranch Du Bois posted:

Earnest trade proposal posts are great, most people do it in a "who says no" tone so thank you for making one in good faith

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Ghetto SuperCzar posted:

Hey I appreciate you trying because I love hypothetical trade chat and as a shitposter of bad hypothetical trades I feel pretty seen here.

Yeah, I don't mind too much. It's not a super insane take and it gives me an opportunity to talk a little about my team, so, yay!

Ranch Du Bois posted:

Jrue has apparently told the FO that he wants to stay with this group. Zion is helping but also hurting. The team is having to change their identity a bit around him and that is causing some rough bumps. But the team needs to see who and what kinds of players work well with Zion to help with roster construction now and in the near future.

They likely won't grab the eight seed (loving Spurs, spring Blazers, and the above-expectation Grizzlies [though I love those guys with at least 2/3 of my heart]), but this kind of need-to-win thing going on is pretty helpful. Developing a group while they play meaningful games is great for their growth.

Jrue is basically the team dad, morale-wise, and also the rare play-making vet that likes to help his potential replacements succeed while still being one of the most important and impactful players on the team when it comes to winning games.

He is very hard to replace, but not impossible, which is why the team is willing to trade him but for a very high price. For Denver, the Pels may do it for MPJ plus filler. But the Nuggets would reject that out of hand.

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Diabetes, you are not invited to my pizza party.
I fully 100% believe that if the blazers make it to the 8th seed and the Lakers stay in the 1st, the blazers win in 6

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming
Are the Kings expecting real stuff for Bogdan Bogdan, or more along the lines of "take Dedmon and give us some seconds"?

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

Stink Billyums posted:

lol that the bulls could make the playoffs (they won't)

https://mobile.twitter.com/NBA/status/1224354498254123010

They have 0 wins against East playoff teams and are 3.5 games back. I'm becoming obsessed with how bad the bottom of the East is this year

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

capela, house jr, thabo for tyler johnson and baynes

OR

capela, nene, thabo for tyler johnson and saric

I think both of em comes down to the suns saying no to including a 1st round pick though.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Lockback posted:

Super Ok Beas would be exactly the kind of player I'd want on a bad team but his RFA isn't really worth that much and I dunno why the Thunder would just toss away a playoff berth like that even if they are just going to get run out by LA.

The Thunder aren't a bad team.

That trade doesn't make any sense for the Pels, Favors and Jrue are better than Adams and Harris. They're a pretty good team that just got their most important long term piece back, I would stand pat and see what happens as Zion gets his legs under him.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming
Chris Sheridan is apparently posting his usual dogshit rumors on Forbes.com now, which is sad even for him

Rooster Brooster
Mar 30, 2001

Maybe it doesn't really matter anymore.

i love the bulls but I could watch this all day

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
https://twitter.com/Rockets_Insider/status/1224379682314997760?s=20

mrnoun
Jul 24, 2007

Paul Zuvella posted:

gently caress it, play Russ at all 5 positions if you can just clone him

the patented Reggie Smith Technique, do not steal

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Word is they’re trying to move Capela to make more trades.

big boi
Jun 11, 2007

*slamming my rear end on the table* TRADES TRADES TRADES

I also would like for Denver to trade two mediocre guards for one good one, please

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006

morestuff posted:

Are the Kings expecting real stuff for Bogdan Bogdan, or more along the lines of "take Dedmon and give us some seconds"?

Yes

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Shams said we are asking about Capella and I don't know how we would get that without giving up one of Buddy/Bogdan and moving Belly and one of Giles/Holmes/Dedmon off the roster.

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

You can't be angry ALL the time!

Fun Shoe
Shams is saying the wolves are still going after Golden State and it feels like such a waste of time at this point. I wish my team weren't historically awful in so many ways.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

The bulls have literally one (1) win against a team with a winning record and that was the clippers without kawhi, pat bev, and lou.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
The best trade rumor I've seen so far.
https://twitter.com/TalkPrimeTime/status/1224376551933906946

I have no reason to believe it's real but this would make next year's Warriors insane.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
I don't think I have ever loved anything as much as the Wolves love D'Angelo Russell

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

If they trade away MitchRob the Knicks don’t deserve to be a team anymore. They need an entire new front office and ownership. I’m mad just reading that.

MelancholyMark
May 5, 2009

zelah posted:

If they trade away MitchRob the Knicks don’t deserve to be a team anymore. They need an entire new front office and ownership. I’m mad just reading that.

lol, this is what breaks you on the knicks?

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

You can't be angry ALL the time!

Fun Shoe

MourningView posted:

I don't think I have ever loved anything as much as the Wolves love D'Angelo Russell
Right? KAT really wants him, that's probably why Rosas is going after him so hard.

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

MelancholyMark posted:

lol, this is what breaks you on the knicks?

Who else is worth anything on that team besides him and probably RJ Barrett in a couple years?

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

zelah posted:

Who else is worth anything on that team besides him and probably RJ Barrett in a couple years?

you're not completely broken yet. you still have false hope!

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Actually I will accept them dealing Robinson if it’s for a hurt Skal or uhhh Gary Trent Jr

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
https://twitter.com/jackfrank_jjf/status/1224220049847668736

Not great, though I thought he's looked ok on the perimeter which was nice to see. He's not played many games and it's tough getting used to the NBA against a bunch of guys already in midseason form.

Kibner's post about how Zion is helping and hurting is probably the best take.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

The season of woe and depression continues unabated

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Defense is where you most notice that Zion is still playing his way into shape, he's definitely resting a lot on that end and has the usual rookie issues of having no idea where he's supposed to be

ChickenMedium
Sep 2, 2001
Forum Veteran And Professor Emeritus of Condiment Studies

Ranch Du Bois posted:

It's nba trade szn so I'm going to throw poo poo at the wall in hopes that Denver gets Jrue Holiday and becomes a contender.

New Orleans gets a legit starting center to help Zion on defense, and a great wing defender in Gary Harris to replace Holiday.

Thunder get another asset with Beasley and Favors' expiring contract. Denver might also need to throw them a pick.

And Denver gets an all star to pair with Jamal who can improve their defense overall and make them far more competitive in the playoffs, assuming Jrue goes as hard as he did in 2018.

No chance New Orleans trades away Jrue to pick up a locker room Cancar

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I told you all

https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1224428316372996097?s=21

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

danny 5 aces at it again

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch
Nothing will happen as usual but i'm nodding vigorously at this

https://twitter.com/BaynesFanClub/status/1224428755936063491

mrnoun
Jul 24, 2007

Cool Buff Man posted:

Nothing will happen as usual but i'm nodding vigorously at this

https://twitter.com/BaynesFanClub/status/1224428755936063491

This still makes no sense to me. The salaries just don't work unless the C's give up Smart or Tatum, either of which would be bafflingly stupid of them. Maybe if it's a three-way trade and the C's are giving up Hayward?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Capela is better than smart and fills a gaping hole in the team