Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

coconono posted:

wait does the master sword not wear out like the rest of the swords you find?

it has to recharge for about 8 in-game minutes if you use it too much against regular enemies but against the big bosses it both powers up/is unbreakable

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

I liked how weapons and poo poo broke in BOTW because it forced you to use stuff that wasn't just your favorite load out. Just a top to bottom perfect game.

I feel like I'm the years since it came out people have been increasingly down on Mario Odyssey which just perplexes me because I adore it.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

inventory management is my least favorite thing in anything. weight limits and encumbrance, anything like that. if it was a person i'd say gently caress you to them.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

yea ok posted:

inventory management is my least favorite thing in anything. weight limits and encumbrance, anything like that. if it was a person i'd say gently caress you to them.

seriously if I die because I'm too busy cycling through the 30 loving junk swords I brought to the swordfight, they will all laugh at me.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

NienNunb posted:

I feel like I'm the years since it came out people have been increasingly down on Mario Odyssey which just perplexes me because I adore it.
It's kinda repetitive. Like it's polished, it's technically very impressive for the console, it looks and feels great. It's just...

I didn't finish it. Wasn't even hateful, just like, oh yeah? More of this? And stopped turning the console on.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Everyone pony up five bucks for Shudder and watch Tammy And The T-Rex. It has an amazing fight scene in the first few minutes that ends with both participants (one of whom is the late Paul Walker) grabbing each other's dicks. And the movie gets weird from there.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Yeah Mario Odyssey is a ball for a few hours but it felt suuuper repetitive.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

DJExile posted:

Yeah Mario Odyssey is a ball for a few hours but it felt suuuper repetitive.

This is basically all Mario games(except the rabbids one, that one lasted about a week)

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Mario Odyssey is my favorite Mario Game.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Jerusalem posted:

I still love that people thought the Wii would be a failure because it wasn't as grunty as the Xbox or Playstation and then it turned out a console designed for families and groups to play fun games was a good idea!
What really got me about that era was that people constantly referred to the Xbox and Playstation as "the big two."

Like, the highest-selling system on the market wasn't part of "the big two."

PUNKS DIET SODA posted:

Finished the second half of Bojack Horseman. The penultimate episode was Requiem for a Dream levels of "That was so raw I can't ever watch this again"
Wow, that's bonkers accurate on both counts.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Remember when I made the post about being scared about my professional future a bit ago?

The closet light turned on and....there actually IS a monster in the closet ready to eat my loving face.

I'm not okay. I'm so confused and scared and frustrated and angry and I don't know what to do.

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Yes, we have feathers--but the muscles of men.
I’ve tried to learn over the years that platformers just aren’t for me. I get sucked in every once in a while and every time I remember, “oh. I don’t think this is that fun.”

I am glad you’ve had a happy time with Mario Odyssey but I just don’t care that much about that kind of game for very long.

Meanwhile I’ve sunk like 200 hours into Slay The Spire.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Remember when I made the post about being scared about my professional future a bit ago?

The closet light turned on and....there actually IS a monster in the closet ready to eat my loving face.

I'm not okay. I'm so confused and scared and frustrated and angry and I don't know what to do.

You've got a listening ear here if you need, friend

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

You see this is where I'm just a different person, I 100%'d Odyssey and desperately wish there was like twice as much of the same content.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer

SamuraiFoochs posted:

I believe in you, Foochs.

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Yes, we have feathers--but the muscles of men.
Foochs, you can do it. And even if you can’t, you can do not doing it.

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

Praxis.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Sorry to hear that Foochs, hope things work out :smith:

Jesus Christ was that a genuine mistake, malice or just creative cropping?

gently caress Rush Limbaugh forever but also I wouldn't wish cancer on anybody. gently caress cancer.

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Good. They are a monster. I want the rest of their life to be miserable.

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

gently caress that monster up foochs. wreck their poo poo

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Take a deep breath, a bunch of them actually, when you can post about it we are all here ready to listen up buddy.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

🥂🍾

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

I just want to say that Super Mario 2 is awesome and so are all the doki doki panic characters that got adopted into the world of mario because of it

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

flashy_mcflash posted:

Everyone pony up five bucks for Shudder and watch Tammy And The T-Rex. It has an amazing fight scene in the first few minutes that ends with both participants (one of whom is the late Paul Walker) grabbing each other's dicks. And the movie gets weird from there.

I'm guessing this is the original, uncensored R rated cut that got buried until recently?

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)
I have never played a Souls game but would like to start. I have Dark Souls 3 on Steam, but I've been thinking of getting Remastered on Steam or Switch. Any thoughts?

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Shy Guy <3<3<3

Bob-Omb <3<3<3

BIRDO <3<3<3 <3<3<3

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009

Schneider Heim posted:

I have never played a Souls game but would like to start. I have Dark Souls 3 on Steam, but I've been thinking of getting Remastered on Steam or Switch. Any thoughts?

dark souls is the only good video game

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

DS3 is the best game but t's also only for people who love dark souls 1. and some people who love dark souls 1 hate it. But it was still made for them. sorry i can't help.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Bloodborne

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

super mario 64 is the best game ever made

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)

NienNunb posted:

Bloodborne

I don't have a PS4, and have no plans of getting one.

The big console game I've been playing is Fire Emblem: Three Houses (Golden Deer route). It's great.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

yea ok posted:

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

TTBF posted:

I'm guessing this is the original, uncensored R rated cut that got buried until recently?

You'd guess right!

I know I saw the original in the 90's but don't remember it super well, but this cut is loving batshit. Apparently the producers got this animatronic dino and then decided to write a movie around it, and it shows.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

yea ok posted:

Did they ever release it in a higher rez version for anything that doesn't look like blurry mud

I can't go back and play n64 games nowadays for that reason

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Dark Souls 2 is great even if you only consider the fact that it gave us BEARER SEEK SEEK LEST

I'd start with Dark Souls Remastered, it's still a great game though DS3 basically perfected the formula. I wish I could recapture the moment I first realized how incredibly well vertically designed the levels were.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

yea ok posted:

Super Mario 64 was great when it came out and aged horribly since. Most games for the 64 have.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

People who think Mario 64 aged badly or looks ugly now are so out to lunch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Spikegal posted:

Super Mario 64 was great when it came out and aged horribly since. Most games for the 64 have.

wrong