Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
I TRIED TO BAIT THE TXPOL THREAD WITH THE WORLD'S WORST POSSIBLE TAKE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS STUPID AVATAR.
Oh gently caress, I completely forgot about that! Theres another toon on that site about merman bl that's super adorable that i need to catch up on too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Hey all :wave:

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

hello, read murcielago or i'll shoot ur cop rear end mod b*t*h

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Welcome. Enjoy your stay. :)

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Snooze Cruise posted:

hello, read murcielago or i'll shoot ur cop rear end mod b*t*h

Maybe! Is it licensed?

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
i believe so

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

wait when did it get licensed

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

iospace posted:

Maybe! Is it licensed?

It is! By Yen Press.

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

oh wow it already has 13 volumes out in english

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop
I wish Maid Dragon was more gay and less pedophiliac, but at least I have it to thank for introducing me to a lot of my friends and thus by extension helping me realize I'm trans and gay.

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

skaianDestiny posted:

I wish Maid Dragon was more gay and less pedophiliac, but at least I have it to thank for introducing me to a lot of my friends and thus by extension helping me realize I'm trans and gay.

if it makes you feel any better that's one of his less problematic series

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop

everythingWasBees posted:

if it makes you feel any better that's one of his less problematic series

I'm well aware lol

YES bread
Jun 16, 2006
this is a cool thread thank you for makin it everythingWasBees. uhhh anime is good

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Turns out I have read murcielago at one point or another. Don't recall much though.

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013

skaianDestiny posted:

I'm well aware lol

i've heard the spinoff about their daughter by a different author is actually what you would want the main thing to be (non weird, kobayashi wife posts a lot) though i havent actually read it

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

iospace posted:

Turns out I have read murcielago at one point or another. Don't recall much though.

watch akanesasu then
people keep on misinterpreting the title as a recommendation and not an order

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
Does anyone remember what that one genderbend manga was called where the main character abruptly enters a cocoon at one point and it's never brought up again?

Someone mentioned at one point it has an interquel, and I forgot the name. (Though apparently it does the "well im a girl now so i guess i like guys" thing)

Doublestep
Sep 8, 2013

Keep on keeping on!
hello thank you for this thread i enjoy anime and anime centric mobile games :beerpal:

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Cuntellectual posted:

Does anyone remember what that one genderbend manga was called where the main character abruptly enters a cocoon at one point and it's never brought up again?

Someone mentioned at one point it has an interquel, and I forgot the name. (Though apparently it does the "well im a girl now so i guess i like guys" thing)

oh i can't remember the name either but its boring

Cephas
May 11, 2009

Humanity's real enemy is me!
Hya hya foowah!
i know it's not actually an lgbt anime, but can i take a second to give a shoutout to the 1981 osamu tezuka/sanrio movie The Fantastic Adventures of Unico?

Unico is a pink haired unicorn boy who can grant people wishes when he feels true love for them. The gods in heaven, who are all old white men, fear that he is taking control away from them by bringing people too much joy on his own, so they hire a spirit called the Night Wind to assassinate him. Unico is forced into exile and wanders the world meeting outcasts and making friends with them while trying to grant them what their heart truly desires. His horn can also slice through solid stone and turn into a drill, and sometimes he transforms into a beautiful horned pegasus to fight evil.

There's something about Unico that really deeply resonates with me. he's just this lonely little pink haired boy that wants to love people but social forces outside of his control are always trying to pull him away from his friends. one of the first things he does in the movie is make friends with the Devil of Solitude and teach him that it's more fun to have friends than to be alone, but then Unico immediately has to flee from the old white men who want him dead.

I basically think Unico was a gay icon way ahead of his time

edit: I haven't seen it but there's also a movie where Unico saves the planet from the ravages of manmade climate change

Cephas fucked around with this message at 06:01 on Feb 4, 2020

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

I'm not sure if I should ask here or in the shoujo thread but any recommendations for completed manga with a trans main character (or at least part of the main "group" if that applies) that's not overly tragic or sad?

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!

Cuntellectual posted:

Kanojo ni naru hi

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

lunar detritus posted:

I'm not sure if I should ask here or in the shoujo thread but any recommendations for completed manga with a trans main character (or at least part of the main "group" if that applies) that's not overly tragic or sad?
double house is only 3 chapters and is clearly unfinished but the three chapters are good and the last chapter does kinda have some catharsis to it that works

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

lunar detritus posted:

yuureitou is pulpy af so I'm not sure if that fits what you want but the male lead is trans

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

honestly one of the big problems is that most series until recently seemed to more focus on cross-dressing characters, in ways that seem like they were almost intended to be trans but there wasn't quite a grasp on the concept

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
when reading the thread title there is a silent part that comes after aknesasu shoujo where it also says "read double house", you just got to trust me its there

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

cw for like everything for yuureitou by the way it is just shamelessly pulp, both for better and for worse.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

everythingWasBees posted:

cw for like everything for yuureitou by the way it is just shamelessly pulp, both for better and for worse.

it is ultimately worth reading tho if you can look past that stuff, fun series

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Oh right, I've also watched the show in the title.

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
it's (yuureitou) epic cuz it's like all the hosed up gory poo poo i love and don't bat an eye at that doesn't have gay and trans characters, but it has gay and trans characters

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

Snooze Cruise posted:

it is ultimately worth reading tho if you can look past that stuff, fun series

oh yeah it's one of my all time favorites, it just has a bunch of abuse stuff that was kind of hard to stomach at the time
but I'm also incredibly sensitive to that

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

iospace posted:

oh huh.
uhhh read yuureitou then if you're okay with that kind of stuff

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

iospace posted:

read Seifuku no Vampiress Lord

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
Read Jealousy,

by Scarlet Beriko :)

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Snooze Cruise posted:

read Seifuku no Vampiress Lord

Scans ran out

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

iospace posted:

Scans ran out

read "living with my former living brother (now dead) currently living wife (now mine wife)"

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
yuureitou was really bizarre, but I think I liked it. It's kind of a blur.

There was the gay guy who kept denying he was into men and like half of the main characters were some gender identity other than cis?

I can't remember when it's revealed Tetsuo is a trans man but I do remember feeling a bit jealous. I... think that was the first 'serious' (ish) portrayal of a trans man I'd seen in media? Not counting crossdressing stuff where the person in question doesn't identify as male.

At any rate, gave me some pondering.

Was the one person (Tsukasa or something like that) in .hack//sign a trans man? I vaguely recall them having a male character and being female in "real life" but not the reasoning behind it.

There might have been another anime or manga like that but I can't remember if it was before or after yuureitou.

Snooze Cruise posted:

read "living with my former living brother (now dead) currently living wife (now mine wife)"

Hey that might not be yuri! It's still up in the air!

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Snooze Cruise posted:

Already am.

:v:

Kagaya Homoraisan
Aug 28, 2019

You say, run away
Instead, you get scared
For the way that I feel
Drops out into all this disorder
watch Kill Me Baby

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

iospace posted:

Already am.

:v:

i will name something... you haven't read... eventually...
There's Weird Voices Coming from the Room Next Door!