Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Funnily enough this behavior was sorta kinda already in the game. If you leave and enter the same BT zone multiple times, it works the same way as it functions now with the option toggled, where the odradek will just flip back up into position with no cutscene. It's just rare to ever see it because BT zones are enter-once-leave-once most of the time. It was smart to take an existing bit of code and apply it universally, probably didn't take a huge amount of work. Which imo is not a bad thing, because it shows that they're willing to do minor tweaks like that if it's what the players are asking for.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BBQ Dave
Jun 17, 2012

Well, that's easy for you to say. You have a bad imagination. It's stupid. I live in a fantasy world.

Cowman posted:

I got frostbite :stare:

BB's Theme always makes me tear up, it's such a drat good song.

drat never knew about frostbite and I platinumed this thing.

Come to think of it, my wife always yells at me when I don't run to get heating pods when there's a speck of snow coming down.

I also love BBs theme

night slime
May 14, 2014

BBQ Dave posted:

drat never knew about frostbite and I platinumed this thing.

Come to think of it, my wife always yells at me when I don't run to get heating pods when there's a speck of snow coming down.

I also love BBs theme

It shows up on fingers and feet (duh) in the private room but it looks like the tar a little bit and scared me. I thought I was getting some demon horn thing from MGSV from killing too many BTs .

vseslav.botkin
Feb 18, 2007
Professor
That BT cutscene thing is great! At this point, I'm trying to remember if I even have any real complaints about this game left, which is kind of remarkable.

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.
I like the weight/balance/stamina mechanics so much I wish you could retroactively implement them to MGSV or other open world titles.

Insanite
Aug 30, 2005

Yeah. Fired up MGSV after beating this just because I wanted more Kojima. Found myself annoyed that moving across rocky terrain was so easy.

night slime
May 14, 2014
I really enjoyed Metal Gear Survive when I played it. It's different but similar to DS, probably evolved from a rough sketch of the game Kojima was working on at Konami. Had a weird deja vu feeling when I was playing DS and just collecting and recycling resources from MULE camps because I remembered doing similar stuff in Survive.

Kharn_The_Betrayer
Nov 15, 2013

Fun Shoe

night slime posted:

I really enjoyed Metal Gear Survive when I played it. It's different but similar to DS, probably evolved from a rough sketch of the game Kojima was working on at Konami. Had a weird deja vu feeling when I was playing DS and just collecting and recycling resources from MULE camps because I remembered doing similar stuff in Survive.

Respect for giving that game a chance

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe
I also liked Survive.

Grindy mindless poo poo like that is pretty chill when you put on a podcast and relax for a bit.

night slime
May 14, 2014
I could see why people wouldn't want to try it but honestly there's not really many games I really enjoyed like MGSV, so I was pretty sure they couldn't gently caress it up for me. I have a weird soft spot for collecting resources mindlessly. Also the multiplayer was crazy frenetic but probably dead now.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Survive is really great.

Aphelion Necrology
Jul 17, 2005

Take care of the dead and the dead will take care of you
I am absolutely obsessed with this game - beat it about a week ago and am working towards platinum, and I love how I keep discovering new things after endgame and getting thrown for a loop. I actually don't tend to play many games so it's even more impressive to me how entertained I am.

I went back to the Elder working on LoL rankings and he loving KILLED HIMSELF?? AND HIS BT ANSWERED THE DOOR?? That hosed me up for a whole day.

All the extra interviews I'm unlocking are great too, and really help with fleshing out backstory. I wish there was more Higgs stuff, honestly.

Already planning to attempt 500 LoL rankings after Platinum.

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

Aphelion Necrology posted:

I went back to the Elder working on LoL rankings and he loving KILLED HIMSELF?? AND HIS BT ANSWERED THE DOOR?? That hosed me up for a whole day.

He didn't.

He ran out of meds cause no porter delivered it to him, you Monster

Aphelion Necrology
Jul 17, 2005

Jack-Off Lantern posted:

He didn't.

He ran out of meds cause no porter delivered it to him, you Monster

:( Hey, I sent my sassy delivery bots to him on a...fairly regular basis.

I read his final email as a suicide note, personally.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

This prompted me to visit him again.

:( Sorry buddy. You were my third five-star facility and I spent many hours coming to see you in Chapter 3.

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

Heartman is....weird and his first cutscene is even weirder. Why exactly did Sam mess with his stuff?

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Heartman gave him permission!

XavierGenisi
Nov 7, 2009

:dukedog:

CJacobs posted:

Heartman gave him permission!

yeah boyeeeee

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
It's considerate of Sam to reset the hourglass for him before leaving though. I wish there were more moments to give the guy character through small actions like that. :shobon:

CJacobs fucked around with this message at 07:16 on Feb 4, 2020

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

The Shame Boy posted:

Heartman is....weird and his first cutscene is even weirder. Why exactly did Sam mess with his stuff?

The guy was dead what else are you supposed to do.

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

https://youtu.be/xmABK2Chwe0

This was pretty cool, imo. Especially how it's actually physically exhausting, which is also true in the game.

Iced Cocoa
Jul 14, 2011

I am absolutely obsessed with this game - beat it about a week ago and am working towards platinum, and I love how I keep discovering new things after endgame and getting thrown for a loop. I actually don't tend to play many games so it's even more impressive to me how entertained I am.

After the minute it took me to mourn the guy, I rested at his place expecting a game-over or a voidout. Was disappointed when nothing happened.

Insanite
Aug 30, 2005

Iced Cocoa posted:

After the minute it took me to mourn the guy, I rested at his place expecting a game-over or a voidout. Was disappointed when nothing happened.

Probably stuck himself in a microwave set to 99:99 as an unselfish, delicious final act.

Zazz Razzamatazz
Apr 19, 2016

by sebmojo

Iced Cocoa posted:

A dead body going necro creates a BT. The BT eating a living person creates a void out. Since he lives alone- no void out.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Zazz Razzamatazz posted:

A dead body going necro creates a BT. The BT eating a living person creates a void out. Since he lives alone- no void out.

When you go into his shelter you’re alive.

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

Midjack posted:

That sounds like a quirky sitcom premise: Sam has to deal with the shenanigans of his roommate who's also a BT!

new kind of cat
May 8, 2007

XavierGenisi posted:

yeah boyeeeee

best moment in a game filled with great moments

Aphelion Necrology
Jul 17, 2005

Insanite posted:

Probably stuck himself in a microwave set to 99:99 as an unselfish, delicious final act.

Speaking of - could the answer to creating BTs and voidouts be....cannibalism?

Insanite
Aug 30, 2005

Please don't spoil Death Stranding 2 ITT.

night slime
May 14, 2014

Midjack posted:

He also regularly has porters there, haha. Maybe he's nice.

Brings to mind the Sorites paradox. Is it still BTable if he's being digested in my stomach? What if I forget to eat a finger..who knows.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Sam, this is Die Hardman. What you've just experienced is called a chiralium belch. A side effect of the food we've become accustomed to eating since the Death Stranding I'm afraid. You'd better get out of there before the excess chiralium in the air attracts BTs to your location.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
EX Grenade no. 2's are inexplicably replaced by chiralium crystal grenades and the game leaves you to put two and two together

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Cremating dead bodies creates a ton of chiralium clouds from the smoke so maybe eating a corpse would give you chiralium poisoning.

Aphelion Necrology
Jul 17, 2005

night slime posted:

He also regularly has porters there, haha. Maybe he's nice.

Brings to mind the Sorites paradox. Is it still BTable if he's being digested in my stomach? What if I forget to eat a finger..who knows.

Gotta find out which body part contains the Ka and eat that, I guess.

Edit: it's probably the butthole

Aphelion Necrology fucked around with this message at 17:28 on Feb 6, 2020

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

I threw the nuke in the tar lake before showing it to Fragile.

I knew it was going to work because Kojima but I'm annoyed you miss a pretty lengthy cutscene in the Distro center if you do it though.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

WaltherFeng posted:

I threw the nuke in the tar lake before showing it to Fragile.

I knew it was going to work because Kojima but I'm annoyed you miss a pretty lengthy cutscene in the Distro center if you do it though.

I did the same... after taking it to the city and blowing it up on accident because I assumed I was supposed to meet Fragile in the city's distro center but not deliver it. :doh:

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

There's no need to rush to be an adult.

The greatest thing about the nuke is that it's complete schmuck bait. It even tells you it is a Nuclear Bomb, only a short while after getting story about terrorists using porters to sneak in nukes. The only way it can work is if you act just like Higgs expects and not read the drat label.

Which is honestly kinda brilliant.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
The nuke thing is kind of weird because you have to go to the next distro center to activate the cutscene. You can't just go back down the elevator and activate it

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Macaluso posted:

The nuke thing is kind of weird because you have to go to the next distro center to activate the cutscene. You can't just go back down the elevator and activate it

Die Hardman tells you Fragile is waiting for you at that specific one before you take the order, which turns out to be kind of a lie because Sam decides to take a nap before she shows up lol

J.A.B.C. posted:

The greatest thing about the nuke is that it's complete schmuck bait. It even tells you it is a Nuclear Bomb, only a short while after getting story about terrorists using porters to sneak in nukes. The only way it can work is if you act just like Higgs expects and not read the drat label.

Which is honestly kinda brilliant.

Higgs literally says "lol who reads the label anyway" and it's great because he's totally right. How many times have you delivered something in this game and not paid any attention to what it actually is besides 'large box' 'small box'?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades

CJacobs posted:

Die Hardman tells you Fragile is waiting for you at that specific one before you take the order, which turns out to be kind of a lie because Sam decides to take a nap before she shows up lol

Higgs literally says "lol who reads the label anyway" and it's great because he's totally right. How many times have you delivered something in this game and not paid any attention to what it actually is besides 'large box' 'small box'?

It's even more odd because I was super careful to deliver his pizzas, because I was fully aware of what was inside of it