Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood
there's a surprising number of "lolcows" like faye king or CWC which are actually basically collaborative writing projects involving one person donating pictures of themselves while other folks assist in generating content for it. i'm fairly certain the "tails got trolled" guy and i collaborated on one of these in the not too distant past.

edit- fetlife was a hotbed for these, especially the more outre ones. if you ever saw an account which had a few nonspecific photos of a shlumpy looking person accompanied by walls of text about being like the anime tulpa to a horses' pulsating rear end in a top hat, that was one of ours.

PHIZ KALIFA fucked around with this message at 16:56 on Feb 4, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Richter Scabies
Dec 30, 2012

I had thought this was debunked as fake, hosed up if true

AMISH FRIED PIES
Mar 6, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

PHIZ KALIFA posted:

if you ever saw an account which had a few nonspecific photos of a shlumpy looking person accompanied by walls of text about being like the anime tulpa to a horses' pulsating rear end in a top hat, that was one of ours.

that's a hell of a sentence :stare:

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Goon cave is real???

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.

PHIZ KALIFA posted:

there's a surprising number of "lolcows" like faye king or CWC which are actually basically collaborative writing projects involving one person donating pictures of themselves while other folks assist in generating content for it. i'm fairly certain the "tails got trolled" guy and i collaborated on one of these in the not too distant past.

edit- fetlife was a hotbed for these, especially the more outre ones. if you ever saw an account which had a few nonspecific photos of a shlumpy looking person accompanied by walls of text about being like the anime tulpa to a horses' pulsating rear end in a top hat, that was one of ours.

Wait, CWC is fake? That’s one I thought was legit.

A low key saga is the CineD poster who went to New Orleans to gently caress some chick but she ended up loving some other dude and he got locked inside a crackhouse and couldn’t get out. I’m pretty sure there was an E/N thread from this poster then they just disappeared.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

The Saddest Rhino posted:

Goon cave is real???

hold up, lemme turn my webcam around

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

If cwc is fake I don't know how the kiwi farm people would be able to deal.

Also we have a new sub forum https://forums.somethingawful.com/forumdisplay.php?forumid=669

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
CWC is a real and very sad person but the internet people who are constantly tormenting her are also extraordinarily sad. for the last many years they've got some kind of hosed up dynamic going on where people will harass CWC very badly by pretending to be her friend, and then some of them become her frenemy, and the only social contact she really gets is from the dozen odd weirdos in the toxic little anti-fan club who can't leave her alone

Mr. Fall Down Terror fucked around with this message at 18:56 on Feb 4, 2020

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
So, basically Lowtax 2.0

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Lowtax honestly seems to sometimes have that vibe where he agrees with whoever he last talked to

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

p sure cwc isnt the tails gets trolled guy

I Said No
May 21, 2007

jesus dude ur gonna kill someone with that av

Krankenstyle posted:

p sure cwc isnt the tails gets trolled guy

Nah, CWC's comic was Sonichu, not Tails Gets Trolled.

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

PHIZ KALIFA posted:

The real lolcows were the terminally online men and women who wasted the best years of their life laughing at fake pony cum jars we made along the way.

The Golden Gael
Nov 12, 2011

CopywrightMMXI posted:

Wait, CWC is fake? That’s one I thought was legit.

Fred Knudsen did a Down the Rabbit Hole on CWC that I think is pretty fair, or as possibly fair as you could be with one of these eccentrics. At one point he calls Christory something a thing of "distant fascination", which is a good way of putting this video.

quote:

for the last many years they've got some kind of hosed up dynamic going on where people will harass CWC very badly by pretending to be her friend, and then some of them become her frenemy, and the only social contact she really gets is from the dozen odd weirdos in the toxic little anti-fan club who can't leave her alone
Hasn't that been the case since the beginning pretty much? I thought the big assholes have mostly gotten bored of CWC but that was how they obtained a lot of the pictures and TMI knowledge.

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
i'm not a CWC expert or anything but my sense is that over the last decade it's gone from collecting CWC's online posts/videos to calling her to provoke more posts and videos, to setting up honeypots, to directly interacting with her on a daily basis while she begs her stalkers for money and sells off her personal stuff to then to try to make rent

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

luxury handset posted:

i'm not a CWC expert or anything but my sense is that over the last decade it's gone from collecting CWC's online posts/videos to calling her to provoke more posts and videos, to setting up honeypots, to directly interacting with her on a daily basis while she begs her stalkers for money and sells off her personal stuff to then to try to make rent

Well, uh, that's certainly horrible and insane.

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
as a palate cleanser, one of the other internet eccentrics of the mid aughts, ulillillia, got a job, moved out of his parents house, regularly goes outdoors for recreation and is now living his oddball truth as an independent adult. he's too busy to do more than blog about it on facebook but he recently bought all the components for a completely beastly gaming computer and it's an uphill battle to get the thing assembled

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Uli rules so much and I hope I get to read his memoirs someday

lifg
Dec 4, 2000
<this tag left blank>
Muldoon
It's Uli the man who wanted to move his desk, so he spent all day creating an animation of how the desk could be successfully moved around his room, and then he didn't move his desk?

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
i doubt that because iirc ulillillia still chooses not to sit in chairs

he does make kick rear end gifs tho

Mr. Fall Down Terror fucked around with this message at 20:50 on Feb 4, 2020

Gone Fashing
Aug 4, 2004

KEEP POSTIN
I'M STILL LAFFIN
is my brain making things up or was at least one member of tokyo police club a goon

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

Born on a mountain
Lived in a cave
Vulcans and fuckin is all i crave

empty baggie
Oct 22, 2003

fool of sound posted:

IIRC they had to praise the seahawks in every post. I think they went along with it so long the mod in question had mercy and freed them.

I'm pretty sure that was a separate thing from what I recall. There was a poster back in like maybe 2013 that had to reference the devil in all of their posts, but I can't remember who it was.

Gone Fashing posted:

is my brain making things up or was at least one member of tokyo police club a goon

I remember something about this too.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
ullllllliiiiiilllliiiia or whatever rules. Dude was a complete goonlord (probably still is, but less so) and actually got better and now he gets money from world traveling and posting on facebook.

magikid
Nov 4, 2006
Wielder of the Soup Spoon

The Golden Gael posted:

If this is a troll it's extremely elaborate and actually downright hosed up, almost more than if it isn't.

People like to say this to make themselves feel better I guess, but no, it is infinitely more hosed up if all the stuff actually happened vs. someone just thinking of it.

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i sometimes throw cables away

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

Uli always made me smile, because for all his problems he generally seemed quite cheerful. He was perfectly happy to just sit on the floor and eat his degreased pizza before knocking out an hour long video about how the scrolling worked in a 25 year old Sonic game, or describing every single stall in the background of the fairground level of his weird game. He didn't sit there wallowing, and didn't turn into a hate-filled creep who blamed everything on the women who wouldn't have sex with him and how that was all because the last Ghostbusters movie had women in it.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Not quite a saga but I chuckle at how many threads still have spooktacular name changes from like, Halloween 2018.
Sports Argument Sanctum still has the Halloween 2018 name.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Gone Fashing posted:

There's something to be said about the list of famous goons ranging from Scott Manley to a keyboardist for a Canadian indie rock band to a guy who died at Benghazi

hallelujah
Jan 26, 2020

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
uli is a gentle creature and the universal online benevolence and goodwill toward him is one of the miracles of our time. honestly cwc deserves the same treatment, she never really did anything unpleasant that couldn't be explained by autism and difficult personal circumstances; just made a cute bad webcomic and got angry at trolls, neither of which justify becoming the victim of an actual years-long gang stalking campaign

HairyManling
Jul 20, 2011

No flipping.
Fun Shoe
While I totally agree that the stalking and harassment were terrible, didn’t cwc draw some pictures of themself basically raping a friend of theirs and post them? And I’m fairly certain there was an assault on a game store owner and some other fairly questionable behavior. I really might be mixing up stories here, but I’m pretty sure cwc wasn’t a completely innocent bystander to their own personal saga.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

your honour i submit the defendant should be sentenced to a decade of gaslighting, abuse, and stalking because at some point during it she will become argumentative and abusive toward a store employee in a manner that is totally atypical for autistic people especially under stress.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Ghostlight posted:

your honour i submit the defendant should be sentenced to a decade of gaslighting, abuse, and stalking because at some point during it she will become argumentative and abusive toward a store employee in a manner that is totally atypical for autistic people especially under stress.

I feel like fixating on that and not the "was a horrible sex pest" part is maybe not the way to go but you do you

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

your honour i submit that the defendant should be sentenced to foreverial jail because didn't they draw pictures of them raping their friend and put it on the internet? do you know if they did? i don't know how court works your honour.

Gone Fashing
Aug 4, 2004

KEEP POSTIN
I'M STILL LAFFIN

Kazinsal posted:

There's something to be said about the list of famous goons ranging from Scott Manley to a keyboardist for a Canadian indie rock band to a guy who died at Benghazi

ah yeah, graham wright is ringing a bell. google isnt giving me any links to the forums, but im pretty sure that was him

HairyManling
Jul 20, 2011

No flipping.
Fun Shoe

Ghostlight posted:

your honour i submit that the defendant should be sentenced to foreverial jail because didn't they draw pictures of them raping their friend and put it on the internet? do you know if they did? i don't know how court works your honour.
Oh poo poo, I didn’t know you had an account here. Sorry Chris, please don’t draw pictures of you raping me or my friends. Thanks in advance.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Drop the CWC chat. There is no timeline in which it ends with anyone happy.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

case dismissed with prejudice.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Ghostlight posted:

case dismissed with prejudice.

and loving it

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

xcheopis posted:

We're on the road and we're gunning for the Buddha
We know his name and he mustn't get away

Hi xcheopis, I wanted you to know that at least one other goon has heard shriekback songs and appreciates being reminded of one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!

Kazinsal posted:

Doesn't feel like it was that long ago we had Deadmau5 modding GBS, even