Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before
Sal is 100% town.

You know what? ##vote lumpen there’s no way he can be this dense.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

b-minus1 posted:

Sal is 100% town.

I am starting to lean that way too, but yeah Sal definitely screaming town in the last few posts

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

I'd been happy, and I was happy still. For all to be accomplished,
for me to feel less lonely,
all that remained to hope
was that on the day of my execution
there should be a huge crowd of spectators and that they should
greet me with howls of execration.
Plaster Town Cop

SalTheBard posted:

Lumpen, what happened to this post? How did it go from this to your current vote?
You do not seem to be actually reading the posts. Which doesn't surprise me. But okay, please break it down and explain the issue you see.

b-minus1 posted:

Sal is 100% town.

Yes, you've said several times you won't vote Sal, but never offered a justification for that. I think I am onto something.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Leith Maclaine posted:

I can see voting Sal, RF, or B-

B- was the initial 2 penny vote and I can see that as scum not being able to back away from it cleanly and leaving it there.

Sal was the final vote without much of a justification. I think it was a scum distancing.

RF, didn't vote for Penny and did not for the other town nk.

I'm not sure I can make a case on anyone else.

Sorry, your case here on me is that I didn't vote town? And you say that right after casing the other two for doing that?

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

Lumpen posted:

You do not seem to be actually reading the posts. Which doesn't surprise me. But okay, please break it down and explain the issue you see.

I have been pretty polite to you the last few game days while you continue to be a loving rear end in a top hat to me. Your post (to me) seemed to say that you believed I was town because I had no reason to lie about using mega jail (which, again, I did not use). I have no reason to lie about using mega jail, because if anyone is jailed, it looks suspicious to me. If I didn't read your post properly, I invite you to clarify what I misunderstood.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

Retro Futurist posted:

Sorry, your case here on me is that I didn't vote town? And you say that right after casing the other two for doing that?

Leith scum making poo poo case. Scum 101

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

Lumpen posted:

Yes, you've said several times you won't vote Sal, but never offered a justification for that. I think I am onto something.

You’ve been on to nothing all game. You still think I’m scum haha.

Lets dunk a scum. Vote lumpen

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

SalTheBard posted:

Leith scum making poo poo case. Scum 101

Yeah I actually think I might have caught them in something here. That's just a straight up "fly under the radar/see what sticks" post

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop
Hal, is Sal still "screaming Town" to you after the last couple posts?

Leith, will you put down a vote? I would join you on b-minus1 or you can join me on Sale. I think RF is Town.

Deadline is in less than 9 hours. I think everyone should lay out their top 3 and put a vote down to avoid a deadline muddle.

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop
Votecount for Day 4

b-minus1 (1): hambeet
Retro Futurist (1): Hal Incandenza
xiw (1): SalTheBard
hambeet (1): xiw, b-minus1, b-minus1
Lumpen (1): b-minus1
SalTheBard (1): Lumpen, Lumpen, Lumpen

Not Voting (4): charms, Leith Maclaine, Mr. Humalong, Retro Futurist

With 10 alive, it's 6 votes to execute. The current deadline is February 04th, 2020 at 8 p.m. CST -- that's in about 8 hours, 41 minutes.

The current day's mod post count is: 2

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Lumpen had me in tentatively town until now but didn’t really specify why beyond that I’m “hanging back” ???

Would definitely vote Lumpen

I think that Leith post is a miscommunication but if they don’t come back and clarify that’s pretty scummy

Finally becoming convinced this is town Sal, he usually breaks under pressure as scum by this point

Leith Maclaine
Mar 2, 2018

Adventure comes from insufficient planning.
I am making what are very admittedly weak cases. I honestly don't have a good case here so I was making a list of who I could see voting for and that is why I haven't laid down a vote. My role has not provided any concrete information so I am mainly focused on the D1 vote against 2 penny who did turn out to be scum.

I can make a counter argument to all of my cases.

For example,

b-'s post rate is very much against his scum Meta.

Sal did hammer 2 penny which it would have been easy to fade into the background

RF is being cautious in his votes.

Let's look at the other candidates

Charms absolutely hammered 2 penny with why their claims were against the OP.
hambeet - no vote, pointed out very good points about flip information, probably has vig and hasn't used it
xiw - voted b- instead of Penny, making huge list of abilitys and night action leans town, I might ought to move xiw up on my maybe list
lumpen - voted Penny, strong content game,
hal - voted Penny, general good vibes

and of course

Me - started the entire push on 2 Penny to begin with.

I am voting my best case but I am not strong here and can be swayed. I may be offline the last hour so a decision before that would be good.

##vote b-

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I'd vote binus or leith today I think

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop
I stand by my D2 case on b-minus1's links to 2Penny (please click and read) and his opportunistic push today and fishing for claims further implicated him.
Do a re-read of him.

##vote b-minus1

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Lumpen posted:

Hal, is Sal still "screaming Town" to you after the last couple posts?

Yeah I think so. He's also been very frustrated in Mason chat and maybe a meta thing but after what happened last game we were scum together I doubt he would fake that angle with me

I am not at b- level of would never vote but I think there are better places to look for now

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Leith Maclaine posted:

Let's look at the other candidates

hambeet - no vote, pointed out very good points about flip information, probably has vig and hasn't used it

What makes you think beet has an unused vig?

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Hal Incandenza posted:

:stare:

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

Hal Incandenza posted:

Yeah gently caress this ##vote Leith . You have been scummy this whole game but these weak "cases"

Leith Maclaine posted:

I can see voting Sal, RF, or B-

B- was the initial 2 penny vote and I can see that as scum not being able to back away from it cleanly and leaving it there.

Sal was the final vote without much of a justification. I think it was a scum distancing.

RF, didn't vote for Penny and did not for the other town nk.

I'm not sure I can make a case on anyone else.

This post is scummy as gently caress especially considering that I did have a justification for my vote and you are ignoring my justification for my vote (which coincidentally was about the same as everyone else's)

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

I can't help feeling suspicious of Lumpen and Leith constantly going to bat for each other

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

I feel it's worth mentioning that 2 penny loves crazy gambits as scum. Having Leith get on him early is quite the gambit

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

Mr. Humalong posted:

I can't help feeling suspicious of Lumpen and Leith constantly going to bat for each other

Leith has been in lumpens totally town list for the entire game

Btw, as lumpen correctly deduced yesterday, I am the messenger. N0 Aa, n1 Hal n2 lumpen, n3 lumpen but thatfailed. Cheeseburger French fries. Lol

Leith Maclaine
Mar 2, 2018

Hal Incandenza posted:

I think cpig did visit him and give it to him. No vig has been used.

Leith Maclaine
Mar 2, 2018

b-minus1 posted:

Btw, as lumpen correctly deduced yesterday, I am the messenger. N0 Aa, n1 Hal n2 lumpen, n3 lumpen but thatfailed. Cheeseburger French fries. Lol

Actually, no, D1 I wasn't until I fought 2 Penny and it turned out 2 Penny was scum.

Vice Versa,

Lumpen's content game seems to have worked there and they are using it steady and since I am in favor of content it feels right to me. Could be wrong.

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop

Mr. Humalong posted:

Reread pages 10 and 11 and then explain a scenario where Leith and 2Penny were buddies. I think it's pretty dubious that you would even try to push Leith after the end of D1. I don't doubt he's Town at all.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Leith Maclaine posted:

I think cpig did visit him and give it to him. No vig has been used.

We had 3 attempted night kills the night Steak's ability powered up. We know this is true after Steak's flip.

Leith Maclaine
Mar 2, 2018

SalTheBard posted:

Yeah gently caress this ##vote Leith . You have been scummy this whole game but these weak "cases"

This post is scummy as gently caress especially considering that I did have a justification for my vote and you are ignoring my justification for my vote (which coincidentally was about the same as everyone else's)

Weak cases are all I have. I had a strong case against 2 Penny and saw that one to the end.

I personally find your justification weak on that vote but notice I didn't vote you so what are you panicking about?

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Lumpen posted:

Reread pages 10 and 11 and then explain a scenario where Leith and 2Penny were buddies. I think it's pretty dubious that you would even try to push Leith after the end of D1. I don't doubt he's Town at all.

Mr. Humalong posted:

I feel it's worth mentioning that 2 penny loves crazy gambits as scum. Having Leith get on him early is quite the gambit

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop

b-minus1 posted:

I confirm I got your message N2. And? Did you hope it would make me think you were Town?
I am curious why you would claim to target me again N3.

Leith Maclaine
Mar 2, 2018

2 Penny might like it but it would a) require me to be scum and b) require me to play along with it.

And if I was scumbros with Penny, why wouldn't either of us have shifted to someone else before one of us was lunched.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

Lumpen posted:

I confirm I got your message N2. And? Did you hope it would make me think you were Town?
I am curious why you would claim to target me again N3.

The claim wasn’t for you. What do you mean “claim to target me again”? I did target you. And it failed.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
I think I said this back on day 1, but I have a hard time imagining a scenario where penny and leith are scum.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

votefinder posted:

Votecount for Day 1

2 penny bottle imp (9): Mr. Steak, Mr. Steak, b-minus1, Leith Maclaine, IllegallySober, Eat The Rich, CapitalistPig, Mr. Humalong, Hal Incandenza, charms, SalTheBard
b-minus1 (3): Leith Maclaine, CapitalistPig, xiw, IllegallySober, Mr. Steak, IllegallySober, Retro Futurist, Mr. Humalong, Mr. Humalong, Mr. Steak, CapitalistPig, Leith Maclaine, Lumpen
Leith Maclaine (1): Mr. Steak, Mr. Steak, 2 penny bottle imp, CapitalistPig, Mr. Humalong, CapitalistPig, Mr. Humalong
CapitalistPig (1): IllegallySober, IllegallySober, b-minus1, b-minus1, Mr. Steak
Eat The Rich (1): 2 penny bottle imp, 2 penny bottle imp, Mr. Steak
hambeet (1): Anonymous
Mr. Humalong (1): Anomalous Amalgam
Mr. Steak (0): Lumpen, Lumpen
Retro Futurist (0): Lumpen, IllegallySober, IllegallySober, Eat The Rich, charms, Eat The Rich, Lumpen, charms
Lumpen (0): Mr. Steak, SalTheBard, Retro Futurist, Mr. Steak, Retro Futurist, SalTheBard
charms (0): Mr. Steak, Mr. Steak
SalTheBard (0): Mr. Steak, Mr. Steak, IllegallySober, IllegallySober, IllegallySober, IllegallySober
Anomalous Amalgam (0): Mr. Humalong, Mr. Humalong
Hal Incandenza (0): b-minus1, b-minus1, charms, charms
IllegallySober (0): Anomalous Amalgam, Anomalous Amalgam

Not Voting (1): hambeet

With 16 alive, it's 9 votes to execute. The current deadline is January 25th, 2020 at 6 p.m. CST -- that's in about 0 minutes.

The current day's mod post count is: 7

Binus and Leith started the push on 2 penny and were joined quickly by 3 now confirmed town and myself. Why did penny elect to revenge kill IS over any of the other people that voted for him? Why choose IS over one of the two people that started the push? One of binus or Leith is scum. I'm sure of it. I just can't decide which.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

We almost certainly have an SK or second scum team going by the 3 kills (1 Mafia, 1 vig, 1 unaccounted for) so Not Town =! Mafia. I don't feel Leith is town after today, but that doesn't mean they were on a team with 2 Penny.

charms
Oct 14, 2012

The best reason I can think of for scum doing the mass roleblock is if they wanted to stop the last CPig vig from happening. It goes with either theory about what happened to vig - either they got the first but not the second, or they just learned about it with the CPig flip and wanted to shut it down. Because of Sal's claimed ability, that puts them in the spotlight. If Sal's scum and gets lynched, it'd ruin the entire point of that move to stop an ally from being killed and would actually leave the secret alliance in a worse position than if they didn't do the omni block. So a Sal lynch is not an option for me today.

I'd be okay with doing b-1, going all in on hambeet even before xiw (the one who actually laid out the case) even cast a vote was weird. They were the first vote on 2PBI, but if the Allies had to choose one of their own to risk being lynched it'd probably be the guy whose ability only triggers in that event. I'm not sure what to think of Leith, but they were both pushing 2PBI early on, which would be really risky if they were both scum. So if one flips scum, the other shouldn't.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

Leith Maclaine posted:

Weak cases are all I have. I had a strong case against 2 Penny and saw that one to the end.

I personally find your justification weak on that vote but notice I didn't vote you so what are you panicking about?

What part of my post constitutes a "panic"? It was rational (I'm voting for you because you make a weak case and then ride it to the end), so I don't really appreciate you trying to paint it like I'm making some emotional decision.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

##vote b plus

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop

charms posted:

The best reason I can think of for scum doing the mass roleblock is if they wanted to stop the last CPig vig from happening. It goes with either theory about what happened to vig - either they got the first but not the second, or they just learned about it with the CPig flip and wanted to shut it down.
That's a good point and gives Sal a motive for popping the MegaJail. If the Vig was in the wild and they feared it was going to hit one of them, the MegaJail would protect them from that Vig and also wipe out any other Town power roles that might catch them, and give them a chance to push for a mis-vote today. That might be worth forsaking their own NK.

charms posted:

Because of Sal's claimed ability, that puts them in the spotlight.
This gives Sal a motive for lying about popping the MegaJail and sowing WIFOM about it. I would think that a better play would be to openly claim having done it, but maybe they thought people would be mad about having their actions canceled and that would get Sal voted more than playing dumb and denying it.

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop

Mr. Humalong posted:

##vote b plus
Hmm, this vote surprises me... if it sticks.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
I mean you guys can lunch me if you want, I won’t be mad. But be prepared, I’m flipping town messenger. If the scum nk is successful we will probably be close to endgame tomorrow. Good luck

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

my power upgraded when steak died but it's loving useless because I've been roleblocked two nights in a row, btw