Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

xiw
Sep 25, 2011

i wake up at night
night action madness nightmares
maybe i am scum

Cpig Haiku contest 2020 winner
Killing Sal while they still have a mass jail would be a huge waste.

If the vote goes Sal's way I think we should back off and let him mass jail tonight - if Sal's town then we know that jail > roleblock so there's no plausible way it fails. A mass jail means nobody dies and we have the next day to vote him if necessary. No mass jail means sal was lying and we can just dunk him then.

Either way even if you believe Sal's scum (I don't any more) it makes more sense to do someone else today.

or is there some reason why a mass jail is bad for us I'm missing?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leith Maclaine
Mar 2, 2018

Adventure comes from insufficient planning.

xiw posted:

If the vote goes Sal's way I think we should back off and let him mass jail tonight - if Sal's town then we know that jail > roleblock so there's no plausible way it fails. A mass jail means nobody dies and we have the next day to vote him if necessary. No mass jail means sal was lying and we can just dunk him then.

Either way even if you believe Sal's scum (I don't any more) it makes more sense to do someone else today.

I agree with this. A mass jail is pro-town. I actually was thinking it would have been a good play N3.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
I don't really want to broadcast when I'm using it but thanks for the suggestion.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

Leith Maclaine posted:

I agree with this. A mass jail is pro-town. I actually was thinking it would have been a good play N3.

I am shocked that a scumbro thinks his scumbos idea is good.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before
##vote humalong

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
Like you guys can cuddle me, I'm not using my upgraded ability tonight.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

xiw posted:

A mass jail means nobody dies and we have the next day to vote him if necessary. No mass jail means sal was lying and we can just dunk him then.

I just want to highlight something here that showed how loving disingenuous this post is. So which is it? I mass jail, am town, still get cuddled "as necessary" or don't use my ability because hey maybe I don't want to be Vanilla Town and still am cuddled?

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
Like offer me some incentive to want to help town here. I effectively prevented a NK yesterday through some wacky combination of poo poo happening, I could in theory, prevent a 2nd Nigh Kill, but still it's "SAL IS SCUM, SAL IS SCUM" So which loving is it? Town, if you want my help, take your vote off me. Scum players, just keep beating the drum.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
Last post and then I'm dipping out of the thread. In case it wasn't clear (and it was because people have referenced it)

ONCE I USE MARTIAL LAW I LOSE MY JAILING ABILITY FOR THE REST OF THE GAME

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

I'd been happy, and I was happy still. For all to be accomplished,
for me to feel less lonely,
all that remained to hope
was that on the day of my execution
there should be a huge crowd of spectators and that they should
greet me with howls of execration.
Plaster Town Cop
If Sal doesn't get voted out today and he then doesn't prove his claim by Jailing everyone and stopping the kill tonight, that would pretty decisively prove he was lying and already used it.

Want to change your story Sal? Did you already use it last night after all?

Preview Edit:

SalTheBard posted:

Like you guys can cuddle me, I'm not using my upgraded ability tonight.
Fuckin' got 'em. :lumpen:

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop
##Vote Sal
So busted.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

Lumpen posted:

If Sal doesn't get voted out today and he then doesn't prove his claim by Jailing everyone and stopping the kill tonight, that would pretty decisively prove he was lying and already used it.

Want to change your story Sal? Did you already use it last night after all?

Preview Edit:

Fuckin' got 'em. :lumpen:

You accuse me of not reading posts rear end in a top hat.

SalTheBard posted:

Like offer me some incentive to want to help town here. I effectively prevented a NK yesterday through some wacky combination of poo poo happening, I could in theory, prevent a 2nd Nigh Kill, but still it's "SAL IS SCUM, SAL IS SCUM" So which loving is it? Town, if you want my help, take your vote off me. Scum players, just keep beating the drum.

I'm asking for some incentive since according to Xiw's post regardless of what I do I'm getting cuddled tomorrow.

xiw posted:

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
Like I'm just really tired of "SAL IS SCUM" with no proof. So I have really no incentive to stick it out another day. According to Xiw regardless of what I do tonight I'm a target again, so why would I want to suffer through another day of this unending bullshit? Literally the only fun I've had is talking to Hal in our masonry.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
Sal, it’s alright dude. Lumpen is either scum are engaging in some of the worst tunneling I’ve ever seen. And I’ve engaged in some pretty awful tunneling before

xiw
Sep 25, 2011

i wake up at night
maybe i am scum

SalTheBard posted:

I just want to highlight something here that showed how loving disingenuous this post is. So which is it? I mass jail, am town, still get cuddled "as necessary" or don't use my ability because hey maybe I don't want to be Vanilla Town and still am cuddled?

Look my goal there was to say 'people who are wanting to kill sal tonight, how about instead you wait a day and then you can test him' because I want you to not get voted so you can use your ability because it's good for us.

SalTheBard posted:

So I have really no incentive to stick it out another day.

what do you expect anyone to say to this though man - either you're legit angry or you're lying, if you're legit angry enough to not want to play to win then we may as well just vote you in any case. some people are lying, i'm sorry if you feel unhappy that people are considering it but there's no alternative for us but to look at people and go 'what if they are lying'.

Leith Maclaine
Mar 2, 2018

SalTheBard posted:

Last post and then I'm dipping out of the thread. In case it wasn't clear (and it was because people have referenced it)

ONCE I USE MARTIAL LAW I LOSE MY JAILING ABILITY FOR THE REST OF THE GAME

Rest of the game is like 2 nights. What's your point.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
Vote humalong with me friends

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

charms posted:

The best reason I can think of for scum doing the mass roleblock is if they wanted to stop the last CPig vig from happening. It goes with either theory about what happened to vig - either they got the first but not the second, or they just learned about it with the CPig flip and wanted to shut it down. Because of Sal's claimed ability, that puts them in the spotlight. If Sal's scum and gets lynched, it'd ruin the entire point of that move to stop an ally from being killed and would actually leave the secret alliance in a worse position than if they didn't do the omni block. So a Sal lynch is not an option for me today.

Lumpen posted:

That's a good point and gives Sal a motive for popping the MegaJail. If the Vig was in the wild and they feared it was going to hit one of them, the MegaJail would protect them from that Vig and also wipe out any other Town power roles that might catch them, and give them a chance to push for a mis-vote today. That might be worth forsaking their own NK.

Except again, we know we had 3 kill attempts N2. So how do you guys reconcile that with this track? Scum would have to know the vig was still out, but not have it themselves. How does any of that work with Pig dead and 2 kill attempts according to flipped town Steak?

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

xiw posted:

Look my goal there was to say 'people who are wanting to kill sal tonight, how about instead you wait a day and then you can test him' because I want you to not get voted so you can use your ability because it's good for us.

what do you expect anyone to say to this though man - either you're legit angry or you're lying, if you're legit angry enough to not want to play to win then we may as well just vote you in any case. some people are lying, i'm sorry if you feel unhappy that people are considering it but there's no alternative for us but to look at people and go 'what if they are lying'.

SalTheBard posted:

I'm being pretty clear about what I want.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

SalTheBard posted:

Uh, excuse me?

xiw
Sep 25, 2011

i wake up at night
maybe i am scum

Retro Futurist posted:

Except again, we know we had 3 kill attempts N2. So how do you guys reconcile that with this track? Scum would have to know the vig was still out, but not have it themselves. How does any of that work with Pig dead and 2 kill attempts according to flipped town Steak?

There has to be at least one other killing role out there yes. I was wondering about cpig hitting a PGO but everyone has claimed active abilities now. i'll try and get an updated and clearer post with all the claims / actions together, work's a bit unpredictable this morning tho.

Right now would vote hambeet > lumpen

SalTheBard posted:

I'm being pretty clear about what I want.

there's one person voting you

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Sal deciding to get aggressive with everyone else in the game feels scummy.

Leith Maclaine
Mar 2, 2018

And that one person just moved off of the vote leader b-.

Why the gently caress are you panicking Sal?

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

b-minus1 posted:

Vote humalong with me friends

your case on me is non-existent if you're town start playing better

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Retro Futurist posted:

We almost certainly have an SK or second scum team going by the 3 kills (1 Mafia, 1 vig, 1 unaccounted for) so Not Town =! Mafia. I don't feel Leith is town after today, but that doesn't mean they were on a team with 2 Penny.

this post pings me and I'm surprised it flew under the radar for so many people

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

I just reread RF and hoooooooooooooooooooooooly poo poo it's bad

##Vote RF

The entire thing is mechanics chat, 3P hunting, and jumping on bandwagons against town players

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Mr. Humalong posted:

If you're trying to make the arguement that anyone who accuses someone of being an SK is scum, that's usually true but in this case there was context.

Leith Maclaine
Mar 2, 2018

Mr. Humalong posted:

We have already had a scum claim to be 3P. We have already had a 3P revealed. And now RF is making an argument for multiple scum teams or another 3P?

I don't buy it, and yeah, their posts are awfully lacking.

##vote RF

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop

Lumpen posted:

Mr. Humalong posted:

##vote b plus
Hmm, this vote surprises me... if it sticks.

~~~One page later.....~~~

Mr. Humalong posted:

I just reread RF and hoooooooooooooooooooooooly poo poo it's bad

##Vote RF

The entire thing is mechanics chat, 3P hunting, and jumping on bandwagons against town players
As predicted.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Leith Maclaine posted:

We have already had a scum claim to be 3P. We have already had a 3P revealed. And now RF is making an argument for multiple scum teams or another 3P?

I don't buy it, and yeah, their posts are awfully lacking.

##vote RF

We had a survivor flip, that's not the same thing at all. And unless Steak lied again (and if he did so help me god steak) then we had 3 kills in one night. No matter how you slice we more likely than not have an SK

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Cool that I'm suddenly the vote leader with less than 6 hours to go based on nothing, def not suspicious at all.

##vote Leith

charms
Oct 14, 2012

Retro Futurist posted:

I don't understand your point. The Alliance would either learn about the vigs on either D1 or N2 if they received it on N1, or D3 when CapitalistPig flipped and we all learned what his ability was. When they would know if they didn't have the second vig depending on how the ability works - if the recipient learns about the vig when they receive it, the Secret Alliance would know whether they have it or not at the end of N2. Otherwise, they'd be able to deduce that none of them have the vig at the end of D3, whether they know how the notification works or not. The fact there was a third kill is important, but I don't see how it specifically contradicts this. Am I missing anything?

Leith Maclaine
Mar 2, 2018

Retro Futurist posted:

We had a survivor flip, that's not the same thing at all. And unless Steak lied again (and if he did so help me god steak) then we had 3 kills in one night. No matter how you slice we more likely than not have an SK

Actually, you are right. I forgot the 2 kill N1.

##vote b-

Leith Maclaine
Mar 2, 2018

Retro Futurist posted:

Cool that I'm suddenly the vote leader with less than 6 hours to go based on nothing, def not suspicious at all.

##vote Leith

You will notice I admitted you are right and removed my vote. You are not vote leader any more.

xiw
Sep 25, 2011

i wake up at night
maybe i am scum

Leith Maclaine posted:

Actually, you are right. I forgot the 2 kill N1.

##vote b-

the 2nd kill n1 was clearly 2penny's revenge kill.

Leith Maclaine
Mar 2, 2018

xiw posted:

the 2nd kill n1 was clearly 2penny's revenge kill.
With how many blocks there have been other nights? Are we sure on that one?

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
Leith are you seriously trying to frame me as sk? Lol

xiw
Sep 25, 2011

i wake up at night
maybe i am scum

Leith Maclaine posted:

With how many blocks there have been other nights? Are we sure on that one?

Amnistar posted:

French Foreign Legion - If you are the target of any daykill (including being Axed), when you die you can select one of the people voting you to nightkill that night as revenge.

You think someone roleblocked 2penny after they were dead? rofl

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

Mr. Humalong posted:

Uh, excuse me?

:rolleyes:

Apparently me Jailing Xiw somehow set off a chain reaction that caused every thing to fail. I mean at this point I might not have even jailed Xiw, but it seems like I did since my action was the only one that was succesful.

b-minus1 posted:

Leith are you seriously trying to frame me as sk? Lol

Leith is scum so he's just throwing loving everything at the wall to see what sticks with town.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Hal Incandenza posted:

Don't forget he was jailed and there was no kill! GUILTY!

oh wait...

my point is this is the second time he's tried to use that in a vote justification.