Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Snooze Cruise posted:

i will name something... you haven't read... eventually...
There's Weird Voices Coming from the Room Next Door!

I was glad when that went on mangadex

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

Cuntellectual posted:

Hey that might not be yuri! It's still up in the air!

between knowing who the author is and the various incredibly suggestive chapter title pages that they keep on doing I don't think there's much of a question at this point

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

iospace posted:

just read everything that sexy akiba detectives has done then

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

iospace posted:

Read idolmaster doujins

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

iospace posted:

read... Pink Rush

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Snooze Cruise posted:

read... Pink Rush

Will do

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

Kagaya Homoraisan posted:

watch Kill Me Baby

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

Also I have not watched akanesasu shoujo, and do not know if I will. Apologies bees.

Thuryl
Mar 14, 2007

My postillion has been struck by lightning.

lunar detritus posted:

I'm not sure if I should ask here or in the shoujo thread but any recommendations for completed manga with a trans main character (or at least part of the main "group" if that applies) that's not overly tragic or sad?

One of the three main characters of Himegoto: Juukyuusai no Seifuku (:nws: warning) might be a trans woman (the manga is sorta vague about how they identify but it's easy to read them that way). The story is hella soapy and full of drama but ends on a pretty positive note.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
they are totally trans

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
what sketchy place do i have to go to to read nabari no ou digitally

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

Thuryl posted:

One of the three main characters of Himegoto: Juukyuusai no Seifuku (:nws: warning) might be a trans woman (the manga is sorta vague about how they identify but it's easy to read them that way). The story is hella soapy and full of drama but ends on a pretty positive note.

this series is gut-wrenching and I think the worst thing to read if you don't want something tragic or sad

The ending is positive but everything up until that point is nonstop suffering.

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013

Snooze Cruise posted:

they are totally trans

extremely trans and incredibly dope

everythingWasBees posted:

this series is gut-wrenching and I think the worst thing to read if you don't want something tragic or sad

nodding you should all read it and also Gunjou

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

it's also extremely good

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

if you are a messy bitch who lives for the drama tho its the chef's kiss

it's also extremely good

yea

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

Saagonsa posted:

Also I have not watched akanesasu shoujo, and do not know if I will. Apologies bees.

please

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
What is Akanesasu shoujo anyways?

Thuryl posted:

Himegoto is trashy af and I like it. It does get weird in places though.

Something I was going to post in the 'suggest a manga' thread like, years back but ended up not doing because I figured people would get me weird looks:

https://mangadex.org/title/6497/bokura-no-hentai

Bokura no Hentai. It's about three boys who crossdress for various reasons (One is trans, the other two are... Harder to sum up). Also pretty soapy and good.

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

I looked up a little bit about it and I think I might be back on board

lih
May 15, 2013

Just a friendly reminder of what it looks like.

We'll do punctuation later.
akanesasu shoujo is about numbers stations lesbians

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
bokura no hentai was pretty popular in the shoujo thread for a while.

think i liked it when i read it but i probably wouldn't these days

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!
Bokura no Hentai had like, one or two really good trans-related chapters in the middle where the author actually did some research and spoke to trans people. And then she shits all over that in the final chapter.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Himegoto is a giant pile of garbage and I love to roll around in it and eat it

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
the good Himegoto is good actually

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
the author of the allegedly bad Himegoto designed and voices a boy youtuber i think is cute so it;s impossible to say etc

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
I TRIED TO BAIT THE TXPOL THREAD WITH THE WORLD'S WORST POSSIBLE TAKE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS STUPID AVATAR.

Cuntellectual posted:

What is Akanesasu shoujo anyways?

Himegoto is trashy af and I like it. It does get weird in places though.

Something I was going to post in the 'suggest a manga' thread like, years back but ended up not doing because I figured people would get me weird looks:

https://mangadex.org/title/6497/bokura-no-hentai

Bokura no Hentai. It's about three boys who crossdress for various reasons (One is trans, the other two are... Harder to sum up). Also pretty soapy and good.

i loved bokura no hentai :allears:

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
I TRIED TO BAIT THE TXPOL THREAD WITH THE WORLD'S WORST POSSIBLE TAKE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS STUPID AVATAR.

Rody One Half posted:

Himegoto is a giant pile of garbage and I love to roll around in it and eat it

:same:

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010

DisDisDis posted:

the author of the allegedly bad Himegoto designed and voices a boy youtuber i think is cute so it;s impossible to say etc

"designed and voices" wha?

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
edit: vtuber

Hungry
Jul 14, 2006

Unironically enjoy this.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

DisDisDis posted:

the good Himegoto is good actually

I never said it wasn't

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
I think someone asked a couple of pages ago, and while very much :nws: (just as a warning to maybe not read it at work) + having their romance blossom, Yuki and Matsu has some really badass action setpieces. It's also officially translated and I think it even got a physical release at some point?

Seshoho Cian
Jul 26, 2010

mi gayyyyyyyyyyy

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

lih posted:

akanesasu shoujo is about numbers stations lesbians

That's the best summary I've ever heard.

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
Akanesasu Shoujo got way too anime way to fast for my tastes.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Watermelon Daiquiri posted:

Akanesasu Shoujo got way too anime way to fast for my tastes.

but it is an anime...

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
Theres anime and then theres ~anime~

idk why but personally the transformation sequences and weird as gently caress costumes just wasn't my thing.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
I find it weird people still use "anime" as a descriptor, as if there isn't absurd costumes and drama and the like in mainstream western culture (like say, pro wrestling).

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
Generally when I see people use 'anime' as a descriptor, it is used in a pejorative way, to say "it's too zany, too wacky and exaggerated, too much fanservice, too many anime tropes, etc": it's why I tend to avoid using it as a descriptor in general. It's also just really imprecise and leads to misunderstandings, so it doubly sucks.

esselfortium
Jul 19, 2006

Cumulonimbus Antagonistic Posting
akanesasu is silly as hell and that's part of what's so good about it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
i only use it as a descriptor when i see someone else use it negatively as a descriptor and then talk about something they do like that by their terms should also be "anime"