Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

:c: The Current Day 1 Votecount :c:

Dick Bastardly (3): Hal Incandenza, merk, b-minus1
b-minus1 (3): wins32767, Jonathan Fisk, Dick Bastardly
got some chores tonight (1): IllegallySober
Jonathan Fisk (1): Monathin
Lynch No One! (1): got some chores tonight
merk (0): b-minus1, -b-minus1
Hal Incandenza (0): wins32767, b-minus1, -wins32767, merk, -b-minus1, -merk

Not Voting (0):

:h: With 9 players alive, it takes 5 votes to be executed.
:d: The current deadline is February 04th, 2020 at 11 p.m. EST -- that's in about 2 hours, 4 minutes from this post.

:D

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Checking in.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before

Monathin posted:

Oh I had to check votefinder again and it's actually DickyB vs binus, hmm

I'm not actually a huge fan of that.

Nobody wanted to vote merk.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
Mona town. Hal town. I’m town. I’m guessing db is town. Sober also probably town.
Merk scum. I’ll say wins or fisk are scum. Null read of chores.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

I will not move my vote

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

Monathin posted:

It was obviously meant to be concurrent with merk's case about Hal's awkwardness during d1. I'd like to point out that Hal's participation in the game has been largely defensive in nature without any real scumhunting. Their main casework is that merk and I fabricated cases on them or worked backwards? I guess if you don't see merk's case as legitimate there's little reason to think I have anything going on here, too.

I don't have a good read on chores. Advocating a d1 NL is probably not a pro-town move but I think that leans more towards differences in Mafia theory than it does on actual scummy behavior on Chores. Hard to say.

Okay, fair enough. I’ll ponder on what you said re: Hal for a bit.

I’ll also go re-read DB and B- as they seem to be the choices today (or NL, I suppose, but out of principle I REALLY don’t want to let that happen).

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Monathin posted:

I don't have a good read on chores. Advocating a d1 NL is probably not a pro-town move but I think that leans more towards differences in Mafia theory than it does on actual scummy behavior on Chores. Hard to say.

Isn't the point more that chores has done nothing today but refuse to engage? I don't really care what his D1 NL theory is that doesn't mean you get a pass to not even offer opinions

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
If I die I’m gonna go down voting my top scum read. ##unvote
##vote merk

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Yeah I don't feel DB as much now that he's done more let's do this

##unvote
##vote merk

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

DB:

Reread Dick and don’t see a ton that jumps out at me other than the weird wording on “towns” I think I mentioned earlier.

DB has three votes on him. One is Hal who said this:

Hal Incandenza posted:

of everyone else, DB maybe, he's jumped in a lot to ask other people who they think are scum and make side comments but hasn't offered anything of substance.

Another is Merk who was the “this sounds weird” comment on “towns.” The third is B- who just moved. Was there more of a case I was missing?

Going to look at B- next but driving for the next few minutes.

Preview edit: and I’ll look at Merk then too since they just picked up votes

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Hal Incandenza posted:

Isn't the point more that chores has done nothing today but refuse to engage? I don't really care what his D1 NL theory is that doesn't mean you get a pass to not even offer opinions

Chores definitely hasn't contributed a whole lot but IS specifically asked about floating the NL.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

Also am I missing a Votefinder link somewhere? Ecco’s link at the top of the OP just takes me to the bottom of the OP but I don’t see VF there?

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

IllegallySober posted:

DB:

Reread Dick and don’t see a ton that jumps out at me other than the weird wording on “towns” I think I mentioned earlier.

DB has three votes on him. One is Hal who said this:

Another is Merk who was the “this sounds weird” comment on “towns.” The third is B- who just moved. Was there more of a case I was missing?

Going to look at B- next but driving for the next few minutes.

Preview edit: and I’ll look at Merk then too since they just picked up votes

I don't think there was much more on DB, and as I said before I think DB has done more since I originally said that

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Votefinder doesn't appear to be updating, weirdly. Still shows three on DickyB. Should be binus at 3, merk at 2, DickyB at 1 as of Hal and binus' vote.

Dick Bastardly (3): Hal Incandenza, merk, b-minus1
merk (0): b-minus1, -b-minus1

Not Voting (0):

:d: The current deadline is February 04th, 2020 at 11 p.m. EST -- that's in about 1 hour, 12 minutes from this post.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I even followed eccos arcane rules

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
##unvote

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
##vote merk

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

merk (2): b-minus1, -b-minus1, b-minus1, Hal Incandenza, -b-minus1, b-minus1
Dick Bastardly (1): Hal Incandenza, merk, b-minus1, -b-minus1, -Hal Incandenza

Not Voting (0):

:d: The current deadline is February 04th, 2020 at 11 p.m. EST -- that's in about 1 hour, 8 minutes from this post.

:D

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Ok. ##unvote; ##vote b-

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

##unvote

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
Vanilla town. Good luck everyone. It’s pretty obvious who the scum are

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
I don't think it's you, but if it's you vs me, it's not gonna be me.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
##unvote; ##vote Hal

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

merk posted:

I don't think it's you, but if it's you vs me, it's not gonna be me.

Do you still think it's DB?

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

[max voice] what happens if I do... this

##vote Hal

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Hmmm why would I move from DB to you instead of b- merk?

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Hal Incandenza posted:

Do you still think it's DB?

It's d1 so I don't really know. I do have a pretty good town read on b- though. That's about as far as I've gone. I tried to kick up some dirt to see if anything came down and nothing is jumping off the page.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
I do think Fisk is scum purely on gut meta.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Hal Incandenza posted:

Hmmm why would I move from DB to you instead of b- merk?

Not a horrible point. ##unvote; ##vote Fisk

That is legitimately my best read at the moment.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Monathin also pings me purely on gut (no meta). I don't really understand what Monathin is doing.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Fisk was my #2 read, would be fine swinging that way if there's actual momentum, but gonna stay on Hal for the moment.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

got some chores tonight posted:

actually ill engage in d1 like 1% we should probably just lynch dickbastardly im 85% sure that is good for town

If it is DB, MiR is probably his scum buddy. This little stupid distancing joke probably sounded great in MiR's head if they're buddies.

There, that's probably ALL I GOT today.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Monathin posted:

Fisk was my #2 read, would be fine swinging that way if there's actual momentum, but gonna stay on Hal for the moment.

Hal does have a good point. Unless he's scum with b- or DB, why not let the vote fester onto a b- or DB lynch today? Why push me late?

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

merk posted:

Monathin also pings me purely on gut (no meta). I don't really understand what Monathin is doing.

I mean at this point we're an hour to deadline and I'd rather not NL, but, like you, I have a pretty strong read of binus as town. I thought the DB push was fairly lazy because I think DB is pretty much always floated as a dunk D1.

Does that answer your question?

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

merk posted:

Hal does have a good point. Unless he's scum with b- or DB, why not let the vote fester onto a b- or DB lynch today? Why push me late?

Ehhhh yeah I can see that. Ugh. ##unvote

This much vote switching this late in the day makes me nervous.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
I figured it out: Monathin is too wordy for d1. He's writing mountains with mole hill content.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

IllegallySober posted:

Also am I missing a Votefinder link somewhere? Ecco’s link at the top of the OP just takes me to the bottom of the OP but I don’t see VF there?

I knew I was forgetting something, thanks. I haven't run a game since 2018 so that's my excuse.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
I am going to go to bed here soon, probably like 10:30EST.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

##vote Fisk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
SOME OF US HAVE JOBS, LATE NIGHT DEADLINE ECCO