Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

:c: The Current Day 1 Votecount :c:

b-minus1 (3): wins32767, Jonathan Fisk, Dick Bastardly, merk, -merk
merk (2): b-minus1, -b-minus1, b-minus1, Hal Incandenza, -b-minus1, b-minus1
Jonathan Fisk (2): Monathin, -Monathin, merk, Monathin
got some chores tonight (1): IllegallySober
Lynch No One! (1): got some chores tonight
Dick Bastardly (0): Hal Incandenza, merk, b-minus1, -b-minus1, -Hal Incandenza, -merk
Hal Incandenza (0): wins32767, b-minus1, -wins32767, merk, -b-minus1, -merk, merk, Monathin, -merk, -Monathin

Not Voting (0):

:h: With 9 players alive, it takes 5 votes to be executed.
:d: The current deadline is February 04th, 2020 at 11 p.m. EST -- that's in about 54 minutes from this post.

:D

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

Just got to where I was going. I’m having dinner with friends so will be distracted from now till likely deadline or shortly after.

I skimmed B- quickly and they seem to be closer to may wavelength than not on most things. I’d vote here to avoid NL but don’t feel great about it.

merk posted:

Ok. ##unvote; ##vote b-

merk posted:

I don't think it's you, but if it's you vs me, it's not gonna be me.

merk posted:

##unvote; ##vote Hal

I don’t like this series of posts from merk but I guess it’s more likely self-preservation than not.

I don’t want to vote without seeing status and I can’t load VF. Can someone post it please?

Preview edit:

EccoRaven posted:

I knew I was forgetting something, thanks. I haven't run a game since 2018 so that's my excuse.

No problem :)

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

merk posted:

SOME OF US HAVE JOBS, LATE NIGHT DEADLINE ECCO

I have a job and I go to bed in the AM like a sprightly youth.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

Monathin posted:

:c: The Current Day 1 Votecount :c:

b-minus1 (3): wins32767, Jonathan Fisk, Dick Bastardly, merk, -merk
merk (2): b-minus1, -b-minus1, b-minus1, Hal Incandenza, -b-minus1, b-minus1
Jonathan Fisk (2): Monathin, -Monathin, merk, Monathin
got some chores tonight (1): IllegallySober
Dick Bastardly (0): Hal Incandenza, merk, b-minus1, -b-minus1, -Hal Incandenza, -merk
Hal Incandenza (0): wins32767, b-minus1, -wins32767, merk, -b-minus1, -merk, merk, Monathin, -merk, -Monathin

Not Voting (0):

:h: With 9 players alive, it takes 5 votes to be executed.
:d: The current deadline is February 04th, 2020 at 11 p.m. EST -- that's in about 54 minutes from this post.

:D

Okay, I think I feel best about this at the moment.

##unvote

##vote Fisk

Will try to check in ASAP but can’t promise it.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
If you're reading self preservation, I think you don't get where I'm at this game. I'm more trying to figure out who I think is scum. I'm not even persuading yet which is usually what I spend the most time doing.

I don't think I was even thinking about my own lynch in those posts. I was just hunting for scum.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Is there a Fisk case? He hasn't pinged me I'm either direction thus far. I think Mona said something earlier.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Hal Incandenza posted:

Is there a Fisk case? He hasn't pinged me I'm either direction thus far. I think Mona said something earlier.

Fisk sounds way too reasonable for d1 town Fisk. That's all my case is.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Jonathan Fisk posted:

I don't have any reads other than that at this point. I'd like to see it through and think more in context of the flip.

This is not a post d1 town Fisk makes in my experience.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

I had characterized Fisk's posting earlier as kind of empty but since then he's instead done this selective flitting about the edges and selectively engaging bit that I'm not sure it's genuine. It's not the strongest scumread but it's the best I got this late in the day and I would really prefer to avoid lunching binus.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Hmmm ok, that's not a lot but it's not wrong either.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

35 minutes.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Monathin posted:

35 minutes.

I would still prefer merk but I'll go to Fisk in a bit, hopefully we don't make chores happy

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Alright then

##unvote
##vote Fisk

wins32767
Mar 16, 2007

Well, I apparently lied about not being around for deadline. Just finished writing two of the three reviews I was supposed to have done today. Let me catch up.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
the deadline is ~floating~ as I make dinner and eat dinner, slowly, while watching ABC's The Bachelor.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

EccoRaven posted:

the deadline is ~floating~ as I make dinner and eat dinner, slowly, while watching ABC's The Bachelor.

Eccos life sounds so steamy

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Watch the flailing.

wins32767
Mar 16, 2007

Jonathan Fisk posted:

I don't have any reads other than that at this point. I'd like to see it through and think more in context of the flip.

Jonathan Fisk posted:

I don’t have a scum read, rather. I think you’re towny.

The first one in isolation is pretty scummy. In combination with the buttering up of the second post, this is giving me a scum read.

wins32767
Mar 16, 2007

got some chores tonight posted:

actually ill engage in d1 like 1% we should probably just lynch dickbastardly im 85% sure that is good for town

got some chores tonight posted:

or just nl d1, d2 to make the game more exciting

Not sure what to do with this. My gut says he has an odd role, maybe third party? related to no-hanging. Not worth a vote today but maybe tomorrow.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Jonathan Fisk posted:

Watch the flailing.

Is quidnose here?

wins32767
Mar 16, 2007

Hrm. Don't want to NL and running out of time. You have a claim Fisk?

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

That's just chores, wins. It's a null tell.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

I'm vanilla.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

I'd suggest that in a game with likely 2 scum they're probably both involved in the pivot.

wins32767
Mar 16, 2007

Alright, well, gonna hammer to avoid a NL.

##vote Fisk

wins32767
Mar 16, 2007

Oops!

##unvote
##vote Fisk

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
After a few minutes you've calmed her down, and your conversation is going much more smoothly. She's asking you emotionally-neutral details about your life - where you're from, what you do, what's that like - and you feel yourself gaining better footing. That is, until there is a brief lull, then:
"Have you ever been in a serious relationship before?"
You're taken aback. You didn't think she'd be so blunt about it. "What do you mean, serious?"
"You're an unmarried woman at thirty, either you've never been in a serious relationship, or you have and it ended. I want to know which is it."
You feel your heart start to beat more quickly. "I've dated before. I've had boyfriends. But never anyone like Robert."
"So they weren't serious relationships."
"No, well, one was very serious." Why did you say that.
"What was he like?" Crap.
"He was," you pause. You steel yourself for what's to come. "He was my boyfriend at university. He was kind to me. He - I was very ugly when I was younger, and he met me when I was growing out of it but I was still," you make a gesture with your hand. "But he thought I was beautiful. He said he saw my real self, the one I kept hiding in shame. He helped me grow into a better, more confident person."
Madame Prae has been nodding along, paying very close attention, but also looking at you, as if she's analyzing your every gesture. She asks, "So why didn't it work out?"
"When we graduated university, we-"
"How long were you together?" she interrupts.
"About five years." Here it comes.
"Five years of just dating? You never proposed to him?"
And there it is. You feel your diaphragm begin to clench. "No. We were engaged. When we graduated university we started to fight, a lot. Little disagreements that we'd blow out of proportion, that sort of thing. I had to get more schooling to be an alchemist, and he worked outside the home to pay our bills that my guild stipend wouldn't cover. Even at the time I knew we were just, like, transferring our stress about work and school onto each other, but we still fought, all the time. They got more intense and more passionate as time went on, and during one of these fights he said that I didn't take him seriously as a partner, because if I did I'd have proposed by now. So I proposed to him then and there. It was really stupid. We broke up a few months later when we finally came to our senses."
You can't tell how she feels about this; she's had no reaction to any detail of your story. She sips her water, and asks "do you still keep in touch?"
"No. He wrote me a letter a few years ago, he's doing well, but I can't ever see him again."
Madame Prae slightly nods, and changes the subject.

:s: Jonathan Fisk, I was once engaged to another man (town-aligned vanilla), revealed. :s:

Night actions.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
:c: The FINAL Day 1 Votecount :c:

:redhammer: Jonathan Fisk (5): Monathin, -Monathin, merk, Monathin, IllegallySober, Hal Incandenza, wins32767
b-minus1 (2): wins32767, Jonathan Fisk, Dick Bastardly, merk, -merk, -wins32767
merk (1): b-minus1, -b-minus1, b-minus1, Hal Incandenza, -b-minus1, b-minus1, -Hal Incandenza
got some chores tonight (0): IllegallySober, -IllegallySober

Not Voting (0):

In a change of pace, I will allow Night Time In Thread Chatting, i.e. I don't want to lock the thread. Have at it.

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

honk honk whats for lunch...
sorry guys i fell asleep at 830

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

merk posted:

If it is DB, MiR is probably his scum buddy. This little stupid distancing joke probably sounded great in MiR's head if they're buddies.

There, that's probably ALL I GOT today.

who the hell is mir

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

I vote Hal

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Sorry I am not MiR

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

:ghost: should have made an honest man out of him sylvy :ghost:

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
I thought chores was MiR. These name changes are bad and everyone should feel bad.

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

you dotard

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
You're explaining to Madame Prae what your parents were like when a server interrupts you with your food - your warm, freshly baked croissant, and her sandwich. You bite into your small pastry before you notice Madame Prae closing her eyes and praying. When she's done she notices you already started.
"You don't pray before meals?"
"Well, no. Nobody I know does."
"Robert does."
Maybe when you're around. "You're right, he does. I've just never really been big into the whole 'religion' thing."
"How do you mean?" she asks in a way that seems genuinely curious but in the corner of your mind you know is a trap.
"Well, I mean, I've been to university. If the goddesses are real, they don't have anything to do with us, not really. They don't cause storms at sea, that's just hot and cold air interacting. Droughts and floods aren't their wrath, just extremes of normal seasonal weather. They're not the source of magick, that comes from the aether that surrounds us, as natural as fire. They won't punish you for ignoring them, and they won't reward you for being extra good. I'm skeptical there even is such a thing as 'good' and evil' - they're human concepts, they don't exist in nature."
You see her narrowing her eyes but you continue. "When good things happen to bad people, or bad things happen to good people, we explain it as 'oh, just Their plan, They work in mysterious ways,' but it's only mysterious if you think they're real. If they're not real then it's just life being unfair, in the way it always has been unfair and always will be unfair."
You see yourself from the outside looking in. You beg yourself to stop, but you can't. "Don't get me wrong, if going down to the river once a week to pray makes you feel better, then feel free, do what makes you happy. But it only makes you feel better because you believe it will. Some of us are good people regardless of what some willowy women in the sea think."
She washes down a bite of her sandwich with a sip of her water. When she's finished, she says: "I'm a vicar."
"Oh. A vicar."
"Yes. A vicar."
"Robert didn't mention that."
"Clearly."

:s: b-minus1, I'm not religious (town-aligned vanilla), revealed. :s:

It is now Day 2.
:h: With 7 alive it takes 4 to execute.
:d: Day 2 deadline: Thursday, February 6th, ~11PM EST. That's in about 24 hours from this post! I can extend it if y'all are struggling but that'll make it a friday deadline which is even worse so, idk, just post. :sun:

If you submitted a night action but did not receive a PM, assume your action was successfully performed and didn't require a response.

wins32767
Mar 16, 2007

Well that’s a surprising kill.

wins32767
Mar 16, 2007

My initial reaction is that I’m much more suspicious of merk and Hal after those flips.

‘d definitely like an extension because tomorrow is a hellishly long day for me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
IS scum because his participation looks like someone who wants to be reactive to the thread rather than original in scum hunting. He wants to see how chips are falling and put his bets where it gives him the least culpability in the event of lynch. If you read him over, there isn't any original targeting (besides the initial chores vote) or any content on people that you'd read at and look to IS in the event that player flips town.

For example, he wants to make sure we don't take his chores vote too seriously - and it's based on general mafia theory instead of actual scum hunting. He sat on this vote for most of the day:

IllegallySober posted:

I’d call [my vote on chores] semi-serious. In a game this small anyone proposing no-dunk (joking or not) is going to raise an eyebrow from me. We don’t have time to no-dunk.

IllegallySober posted:

That said, there’s barely a page of posts since the game started, if that, so I don’t think there’s enough material yet for super serious cases.

His analysis for who to vote after chores is basically based on who has contributed to the thread or not:

IllegallySober posted:

I still like the chores vote but would happily switch to Fisk as well given that neither has provided much of anything for town to go off of.

IllegallySober posted:

Okay, I think I feel best about this at the moment.

##unvote

##vote Fisk

Will try to check in ASAP but can’t promise it.

This isn't a vote that gives IS any culpability when Fisk flips town, but it looks like he's being helpful.

##vote IS