Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
I wouldnt enjoy playing Jinx Draven into 3x black spear every game... you really cant do anything about that card.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 23:04 on Feb 4, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

No Wave posted:

I wouldnt enjoy playing Jinx Draven into 3x black spear every game... you really cant do anything about that card.

You can watch their mana and not play into it at least. But it should really cost 3 mana same as Get Excited.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

"Playing into it" by playing draven, ever.

guts and bolts
May 16, 2015

Have you heard the Good News?

No Wave posted:

Black Spear actually doesn't bother me much. I'm still winning more than I'm losing; the issue is that if they pull 3x Grasp and 3x Undying, haha. Shadow Isles is just overstuffed; Ephemeral might have the best deck tech in the game, they have card draw, they have a huge removal suite, they can play great aggro, they have the best finisher in the game, they have three excellent Champions, etc. They just do too much for too little. It's mostly just boring, win or lose, running into the same deck shell literally more than a dozen times in a row.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

No Wave posted:

"Playing into it" by playing draven, ever.

No by not killing a unit when they have Black Spear mana available come on friend, I get that SI is strong but at least be sensible here. Also by having more threats than they have Black Spears using Counterfeit Copies on champions. Or by making sure your Draven evolves all in one go using Whirling Death and Chompers to challenge.

SI is strong but the reason isn’t Black Spear. It’s Rhasa and Ledros having brutal effects on play/summon for their costs, as well as good stat lines.

Anyway I still don’t think the meta is solved yet and people being all doom and gloom is absurd for a beta game that doesn’t even have the full card set yet. But they probably will adjust SI and Ionia anyway given current play rates, even if it isn’t totally necessary for balance Riot know that applying light nerfs/buffs can be good for convincing people to try new stuff instead of accepting their preconceived notions about things.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Counterfeit copies???? Are you kidding me?

guts and bolts
May 16, 2015

No Wave posted:

Counterfeit copies???? Are you kidding me?
I actually get mileage out of Counterfeit Copies. I only run 2-of, but you can eat for the discard engine without being super bummed about it; if you were gonna play it on a Champion it'd be Jinx for sure, though, to basically manufacture a bunch of either new Jinx copies or Get Excited!s. It's basically fine. Unless specific SI decks basically draw the nuts I win most Nexus races.

Lord_Magmar posted:

No by not killing a unit when they have Black Spear mana available come on friend, I get that SI is strong but at least be sensible here. Also by having more threats than they have Black Spears using Counterfeit Copies on champions. Or by making sure your Draven evolves all in one go using Whirling Death and Chompers to challenge.

SI is strong but the reason isn’t Black Spear. It’s Rhasa and Ledros having brutal effects on play/summon for their costs, as well as good stat lines.

Anyway I still don’t think the meta is solved yet and people being all doom and gloom is absurd for a beta game that doesn’t even have the full card set yet. But they probably will adjust SI and Ionia anyway given current play rates, even if it isn’t totally necessary for balance Riot know that applying light nerfs/buffs can be good for convincing people to try new stuff instead of accepting their preconceived notions about things.
My expectation is that Elusive and Shadow Isles in general get taken to the fuckin cleaners if the balance team thinks alike League's team. This isn't a knock on that game, just my observation - when stuff gets nerfed, it goes straaaaight into the dumpster, and then they incrementally bring that hero back to a playable state. The more likely outcome is that they nerf absolutely nothing and you still see SI every game.

guts and bolts fucked around with this message at 23:36 on Feb 4, 2020

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

I had no idea counterfeit copies drinx was a thing, I'd totally written it off. Thats crazy.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 23:41 on Feb 4, 2020

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
I think Ledros rounding up instead of down would be a decent nerf for him. Keeps his effect, keeps him strong, but means he isn't a flat out timer that you can do very little about.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

1stGear posted:

I think Ledros rounding up instead of down would be a decent nerf for him. Keeps his effect, keeps him strong, but means he isn't a flat out timer that you can do very little about.

He could also stand to lose fearsome or his 8 Power too imo. I deeply suspect though that we’re gonna see more obliterate cards, and Piltover&Zaun seem like a good place to put a targeted removal obliterate.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

1stGear posted:

That doesnt go far enough. I dont know what the card is supposed to be for or why the faction with the best early game and best removal and insane tempo swings on 6 and 7 gets a clock card on turn 8. If this card is just supposed to be sweet, keep him as is and move him to 10 mana, if he's actually supposed to serve a gameplay/balance purpose dear lord please explain it to me.

dead in real life
Jun 17, 2012

1stGear posted:

Honestly even if the only thing changed was making it so the effect can't kill from 1, I think people would be surprised how meaningful of a change it would be. Those decks don't tend to run anything else that can kill you from hand as far as I know, so it would create a lot of opportunities to successfully stabilize at 1 HP where your turns are a lot stronger than paying 8 mana for an 8/5. Ledros just creates these checkmate situations at low health where you die if you kill it and you die if you don't (especially because you can't chump block it so it keeps taking out meaningful units)

I would also up his cost though probably

guts and bolts
May 16, 2015

Lord_Magmar posted:

I deeply suspect though that we’re gonna see more obliterate cards, and Piltover&Zaun seem like a good place to put a targeted removal obliterate.
I feel like Obliterate will stay in Freljord; P&Z honestly just need more burn spells or cheap burst one-turn buffs. Ezreal is already really good, and I think Jinx is playable; Heimerdinger is a mystery to me but I actually have the sneaking suspicion he's really good. Teemo is the only P&Z Champion who needs a lot of help, and since design seems to stem from Champion identity, that's where I think the buffs are likely to come in a patch or expansion.

No Wave posted:

I had no idea counterfeit copies drinx was a thing, I'd totally written it off. Thats crazy.
Oh don't get me wrong it isn't great, it's just an option. Most games you just eat it for your discard engine. But there are specific matchups where making 4 more Jinxes is really good, and that's where the card comes in. The biggest weakness that Jinx/Draven has atm is that if Jinx goes well and truly offline after you've invested in her and played accordingly, you basically lose. If she dies and you're already behind, that becomes essentially irrevocable. She does essentially auto-win games where your opponent is playing a lot of cards to keep up with your board state, which is why Sump Dredger and Draven et al are so useful. Once Jinx is up and running, if they have less than 5 cards in hand, they're probably in trouble? Especially if you used the 3/3/burn a guy for 3/discard hand/draw 3 to trigger a Jinx level up or proc yourself a rocket.

No Wave posted:

That doesnt go far enough. I dont know what the card is supposed to be for or why the faction with the best early game and best removal and insane tempo swings on 6 and 7 gets a clock card on turn 8. If this card is just supposed to be sweet, keep him as is and move him to 10 mana, if he's actually supposed to serve a gameplay/balance purpose dear lord please explain it to me.
This is more or less the problem with Shadow Isles writ large, though, not just this card. They have a ton of removal, they get card draw (that also fuel their deck tech), they have amazing aggro options, they can play tempo if they so choose, they have two of the best closers in the entire game, their mechanic's "drawback" (my units die a lot!) is rarely actually a drawback, and they feature a couple of the best Champion units in the game. They are wildly overstuffed. Every game against them becomes a completely different game compared to facing other decks; you're not playing Legends of Runeterra anymore, you're playing "oh poo poo he's at Rhasa mana, hmmmmmmm" after contending with miles and miles of bullshit for the last 6 turns. It makes Rally hella more appealing I tell you what.

guts and bolts fucked around with this message at 23:57 on Feb 4, 2020

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

At least with Shadow Isles card draw it’s at fast and fizzles if you kill the sac target. Also yeah, Shadow Isles Self Synergy Might just be too strong, which can be hard to calculate and hard to fix without dumpstering their entire identity.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

just dont touch the harrowing

guts and bolts
May 16, 2015

Lord_Magmar posted:

At least with Shadow Isles card draw it’s at fast and fizzles if you kill the sac target. Also yeah, Shadow Isles Self Synergy Might just be too strong, which can be hard to calculate and hard to fix without dumpstering their entire identity.
I like the idea of making mono-faction a playable option, but that isn't really what's happening here. They don't really have "an identity" - they're good at everything. I'm not sure any faction works mono except maybe SI, and that's just because there's too much going on. Riot should have chosen to make them either good at going wide early with Ephemerals or good at closing games out with powerful finishers, but they do both. There should absolutely not be any card draw in the faction at all, at any speed, for any cost, without doing a significant overhaul of what the faction does. Some of their removal should be changed to Slow speed, probably, too. I don't know. I think it depends on how long before the card pool expands - if it's going to be half a year or more, they should probably do some extensive nerfs.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

Their identity is sacrificing your own units for benefits/power/cost and also gaining benefits from their own units dying. The problem is that unlike say, Piltover & Zaun (which has a similar drawback of discarding), it’s across their entire card pool. Imagine if there were as many gain benefits from discarding cards as there are Last Breath cards and do x when something else dies cards in Shadow Isles. Or if Corrina Veraza was deal 1 damage for every card discarded this game instead of her current overcosted effect for her body.

Basically Shadow Isles identity has been applied too broadly and readily available relative to similar identities in other factions, and even the crossover stuff still works with their own primary Identity. The spiders are cheap and have last breath effects or are otherwise useful as sacrifice targets, the ephemerals die on attack letting them force the units dying effect cards. Again compare to Piltover, where the Teemo stuff has no crossover with the discard stuff that has no real crossover with the spells matter stuff beyond surface level connections.

That’s why Shadow Isles is currently appearing ahead of the pack, it’s different themes are actually too homogenous.

First thing I’d do is bump the cost of all the sacrifice a unit cards. They’re all too cheap for what they do and their drawback doesn’t exist. Same as all the if a unit died this turn cards, maybe not Vile Offerings.

Lord_Magmar fucked around with this message at 01:14 on Feb 5, 2020

Buller
Nov 6, 2010
Getting 7 wins on your expedition token feels so good.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

guts and bolts posted:

I like the idea of making mono-faction a playable option, but that isn't really what's happening here. They don't really have "an identity" - they're good at everything. I'm not sure any faction works mono except maybe SI, and that's just because there's too much going on. Riot should have chosen to make them either good at going wide early with Ephemerals or good at closing games out with powerful finishers, but they do both. There should absolutely not be any card draw in the faction at all, at any speed, for any cost, without doing a significant overhaul of what the faction does. Some of their removal should be changed to Slow speed, probably, too. I don't know. I think it depends on how long before the card pool expands - if it's going to be half a year or more, they should probably do some extensive nerfs.
Mono Demacia was decent until mono SI became better at everything. (Mono Demacia also had severe weaknesses.) Mono Ionia (splashing for omen hawk and maybe harsh winds?) is also very strong, their allegiance card is just a liability (putting 3 units with less than 3 attack on the board kills you currently) so there's no point. The difference to me is that those aren't really toolbox decks, they do a thing and do that thing a lot. Mono SI doesnt remotely feel mono, it's just a better midrange deck than anything else which is insane.

Putting "your own deaths matter" in demacia is cool because outside of exactly single combat you can only do things during combat so it really changes things (Vanguard Redeemer and Radiant Guardian are cool cards). Putting "deaths matter" on the token faction that kills their own units basically for free seems like a mistake.

In conclusion, nerf vile feast I hate that card (ok they actually can't do that, but vile feast, black spear, and glimpse are all way undercosted compared to other spells in the game).

No Wave fucked around with this message at 02:43 on Feb 5, 2020

guts and bolts
May 16, 2015

Lord_Magmar posted:

Their identity is sacrificing your own units for benefits/power/cost and also gaining benefits from their own units dying. The problem is that unlike say, Piltover & Zaun (which has a similar drawback of discarding), it’s across their entire card pool. Imagine if there were as many gain benefits from discarding cards as there are Last Breath cards and do x when something else dies cards in Shadow Isles. Or if Corrina Veraza was deal 1 damage for every card discarded this game instead of her current overcosted effect for her body.

Basically Shadow Isles identity has been applied too broadly and readily available relative to similar identities in other factions, and even the crossover stuff still works with their own primary Identity. The spiders are cheap and have last breath effects or are otherwise useful as sacrifice targets, the ephemerals die on attack letting them force the units dying effect cards. Again compare to Piltover, where the Teemo stuff has no crossover with the discard stuff that has no real crossover with the spells matter stuff beyond surface level connections.

That’s why Shadow Isles is currently appearing ahead of the pack, it’s different themes are actually too homogenous.

First thing I’d do is bump the cost of all the sacrifice a unit cards. They’re all too cheap for what they do and their drawback doesn’t exist. Same as all the if a unit died this turn cards, maybe not Vile Offerings.
Vile Offering doesn't require a unit to die to do it, but I get the gist of what you're saying. EDIT: I was thinking of Vile Feast.

Let me back up: Shadow Isles has a mechanic, but it doesn't have a singular identity - which is to say a focus on what the faction is supposed to excel at. Piltover & Zaun has the discarding cards to use them gimmick as mechanic, but their identity is closely tied to burn and aggro, with little in the way of true late-game finishers. Demacia has durability (Tough/Elite/Barrier/Regeneration) as their main gimmick, but their identity is comprised of building your board state and overwhelming your opponent with either beef gates or efficient toughies in a swarm, and they lack a lot of true removal options that don't involve battling (Single Combat, Judgment) or jailing a unit behind another unit (Detain). Shadow Isles, on the other hand, has the gimmick of Ephemeral and gaining effects based on units dying, but their actual identity is currently "being good at everything." Consider the following: if you had to rate which faction is the best in traditional categories of what makes deck shells flourish, who is the best at those categories? Drawing cards? P&Z... and Shadow Isles. Aggro? Ionia, Noxus, and Demacia can do it... but Shadow Isles is also top flight. Tempo? Shadow Isles. Late game? Freljord, Demacia... and Shadow Isles. Removal? Shadow Isles.

In my opinion, the solution is in pricing and in speed, at least until the cardpool allows other factions to catch up. If they're gonna get all that cool poo poo, they should not also be allowed to do it as battle tricks, so make Absorb Soul, Atrocity, Black Spear, Glimpse Beyond, Grasp of the Undying, and Vengeance all Slow. The Undying is now 4 mana, or just remove the "for each time I've died" modifier so that he gets to be a 3/3 that recurs forever for 3. Shark Chariot goes to 3 mana, Rhasa goes to 8. Ledros is half rounded up instead of down and goes to 4|5. You don't have to do all of these things, but some combination would go a long way toward making them feel more in line with the other factions and would crystalize their identity at the expense of how oppressive they are in every facet of the game. It leaves some decks more or less intact, but I don't think those are long term problems. I don't want to sound like the definitive authority on LoR because I'm not, but I'm decently ranked; anyone else who is has probably run into a Hecarim mono-SI deck that, depending on your deck, doesn't feel like it's even a game. You just lose if they draw a certain way, and that's that. That should not be happening.

No Wave posted:

Mono Demacia was decent until mono SI became better at everything. (Mono Demacia also had severe weaknesses.) Mono Ionia (splashing for omen hawk and maybe harsh winds?) is also very strong, their allegiance card is just a liability (putting 3 units with less than 3 attack on the board kills you currently) so there's no point. The difference to me is that those aren't really toolbox decks, they do a thing and do that thing a lot. Mono SI doesnt remotely feel mono, it's just a better midrange deck than anything else which is insane.

Putting "your own deaths matter" in demacia is cool because outside of exactly single combat you can only do things during combat so it really changes things (Vanguard Redeemer and Radiant Guardian are cool cards). Putting "deaths matter" on the token faction that kills their own units basically for free seems like a mistake.

In conclusion, nerf vile feast I hate that card (ok they actually can't do that, but vile feast, black spear, and glimpse are all way undercosted compared to other spells in the game).
I essentially agree in that mono-factioning is possible otherwise, but doesn't feel oppressively powerful, and more important the decks don't feel supremely complete. Mono-SI is complete, and lacks any serious weakness to exploit, and again if they draw even reasonably well and you're playing something not specifically tuned to race them or wipe their board before they can act, you will lose.

guts and bolts fucked around with this message at 02:49 on Feb 5, 2020

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Shark Chariot and undying aren't good/competitive cards.

The op cards are the innocent looking ones that make their way into every deck - black spear, vile feast, glimpse, wraithcaller, and two less innocent looking ones, rhasa and ledros. Elise is very strong but she's really cool.

Glimpse at slow would do a lot, rhasa HAS to be changed, and that would get you at least 60% the way there.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 02:57 on Feb 5, 2020

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

I actually meant Fresh Offerings, which I think is a good example of a fair dying matters card.

As for removing combat tricks, I think that’s an over nerf. Cost increases and fixing the stat lines on some of the out of line followed would be enough. Shark Chariots to 2/1, Ledros losing fear and power or increased cost. Rhasa being dropped from 7/5 so on and so forth. Turning those spells from fast to slow would make them almost unplayable a lot of the time. I’d much rather make them cost one more. Black Spear costing 2 instead of 3 is silly when the P&Z equivalent card costs 3.

Glimpse Beyond probably is the only one I would agree should be slow, the rest aren’t any more dangerous than other combat tricks and in a number of cases are worse or with awkward drawbacks. Atrocity too actually, atrocity at slow would be very reasonable.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Nothing about the current metagame suggests that Shadow Isles is particularly overpowered. It's strong, sure, but just a few days ago y'all were clamoring for an Elusive nerf and now that has next to zero representation at the top of the ladder.

Maybe give the game more than a couple weeks to develop before proclaiming that the sky is falling and the whole game is imbalanced.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Elusive is still very strong and has lots of representation up and down the ladder. Both decks can be too strong at the same time.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 03:06 on Feb 5, 2020

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

The Shortest Path posted:

Nothing about the current metagame suggests that Shadow Isles is particularly overpowered. It's strong, sure, but just a few days ago y'all were clamoring for an Elusive nerf and now that has next to zero representation at the top of the ladder.

Maybe give the game more than a couple weeks to develop before proclaiming that the sky is falling and the whole game is imbalanced.

In all fairness, I was never on board with Elusive being busted because it’s not. But Shadow Isles has been a menace since the very first play test that I was a part of quite a few months ago now. Honestly I was surprised they hit Anivia and not Shadow Isles at the beginning of the open beta and was prepared for SI to come out on top for a few weeks at this point.

I don’t think they’re so far ahead that they’re always going to win, but I do think parts of Shadow Isles could be toned down or changed to make it less of a packleader.

The real test for me is what happens when the full power Fiora Shen Deck shows up again, because that fucker is nasty for any deck with a low toughness early game, and regularly wins turn 6-7 before any other ender can be dropped.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Part of Glimpse's power is being both a activator for last breath effects and for denying strike targets or getting free draw after the opponent used spells to kill something.

Slow would be a pretty huge nerf, but probably fair.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

Part of Glimpse's power is being both a activator for last breath effects and for denying strike targets or getting free draw after the opponent used spells to kill something.

It would also make people learn that you can kill the glimpse target to deny the draw, which is how you’re supposed to get around it.

Morbleu
Jun 13, 2006
Assuming no quick strike (or whatever it's called in LoR), if creature A had lifesteal and creature B had overwhelm (and enough attack that overwhelm would take place), which takes effect first, lifesteal nexus heal from A or the overwhelm damage from B? Does it matter if A or B are attacking/defending?

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

Overwhelm only triggers on attack, so attacking/defending matters. Also I believe they're both calculated at the same time, and a winner isnt' declared inbetween lifesteal or overwhelm taking effect.

misguided rage
Jun 15, 2010

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:
You don't die if the overwhelm would knock you negative if the lifesteal is enough. I'm not sure what happens if you die partway through combat and then lifesteal later, anyone know? I figure you still die but I haven't really wanted to test it.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

Nigulus Rex posted:

Assuming no quick strike (or whatever it's called in LoR), if creature A had lifesteal and creature B had overwhelm (and enough attack that overwhelm would take place), which takes effect first, lifesteal nexus heal from A or the overwhelm damage from B? Does it matter if A or B are attacking/defending?

I believe that they happen at the same time, but I am unaware of whether the game accepts the overwhelming damage killing the Nexus before it goes back to positive life.

However combat goes left to right and so if you die on the first combat any other combat healing you does not matter. This is also why Darius should always attack in the right hand slot if he’s not upgraded, because he transforms mid combat if you knock them below 10 with earlier attacks.

guts and bolts
May 16, 2015

No Wave posted:

Shark Chariot and undying aren't good/competitive cards.

The op cards are the innocent looking ones that make their way into every deck - black spear, vile feast, glimpse, wraithcaller, and two less innocent looking ones, rhasa and ledros. Elise is very strong but she's really cool.

Glimpse at slow would do a lot, rhasa HAS to be changed, and that would get you at least 60% the way there.
Shark Chariot and The Undying are both eminently playable. They offer too much for what they cost, as well; I was just looking at the SI cards in Runeterrafire, not picking based on what I see in meta decks. The gist of any faction-wide nerf should be on trying to signal what this faction should be doing as opposed to what they currently are doing.

The Shortest Path posted:

I don't think I've ever used terms like "overpowered" or "broken" when describing anything - the strongest language I've been using is "oppressive," because it is. Elusive has a lot of different things you can do to work around it within several different deck shells. Shadow Isles has a lot of archetypes where you basically lose at the deck building screen. That's not really good. I've fully been on the train of nothing being overpowered - read my posts in the thread - but the stuff that isn't working with Shadow Isles is endemic. It isn't just specific cards, in my view. Some of this may be owing to the smaller cardpool - maybe P&Z and Noxus and the rest develop more complete tech themselves - but because it's a digital card game and balance changes are on the table, they should absolutely make adjustments until some other archetypes catch up.

Like, have you been playing Ranked? Across two accounts in two wildly different brackets I see Shadow Isles in easily 90% of my games, and that isn't hyperbole. That is usually an indicator that something isn't quite right.

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

Slowing down Shadow Isles feels like a pretty simple solution. Right now they're just too fast, and as pointed out earlier, Demacia has some stuff that involves their units dying (Dawnspeakers, obviously, other stuff) but it's as a result of battling - they don't murder their own guys. Shadow Isles can just play a 3|2 for 0 mana to immediately trigger any number of insane Last Breath effects, not accounting for all of the Fast removal options they have. If they're gonna have that much flexibility, it needs to have an actual drawback, and not being able to play their spells during combat seems like a fair trade.

Monicro
Oct 21, 2010

And you could feel his features in the air
A wide smile and perfect hair
He had complete control of the rising tides
And a medicine bag hanging at his side

In the flowing blue world of the death-dealing physician
I did anywhere from mediocre to horrible in my first few expeditions so I was all ready to suck poo poo when it rolled over today and then this happened

a true rollercoaster of emotions was experienced

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

misguided rage posted:

You don't die if the overwhelm would knock you negative if the lifesteal is enough. I'm not sure what happens if you die partway through combat and then lifesteal later, anyone know? I figure you still die but I haven't really wanted to test it.

You die immediately :rip:

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

Not being able to play spells during combat is an absolutely massive drawback that turns combat on defence into an entirely one-sided affair. There are a few cards that could stand to be made slow. But I don’t think stopping Shadow Isles from using combat tricks and kill spells in combat is a good idea. Especially with how as it is Black Spear isn’t a combat trick on defence ever anyway.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Question, what happens if you play a Ethereal Remitter on something like a 10 mana Scuttlegheist, does it resummon a random 10 drop since there are no 12 drops?

100 degrees Calcium
Jan 23, 2011

Which deck should I build if I'm loving stupid but I want to hit people and win.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

sharks

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

misguided rage posted:

Its not like artifact where everything is considered as instant but runeterra has priority from left to right. So if you die first due to a hit on the left then the opponent wins no matter what even if your final unit on the right kills the nexus

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

Frankly if they do touch Shadow Isles I think increasing the cost of most of their spells by 1 would be enough.