Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

If the voice acting is actually good it will be cool but I've seen a loooot more games with lovely voice acting than good ones.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
Voice acting in games has been a lot better than not in recent years, I'm sure it'll be fine, and it's not like the JP voices are going anywhere.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

InspectorCarbonara posted:

What the gently caress they’re actually dubbing the songs too.
https://twitter.com/play_pso2/status/1222327211170004992?s=21

:sickos:

It's become everything I've hoped. I can't wait to play and fail the first EQ.

Dj Meow Mix
Jan 27, 2009

corgicorgicorgicorgi
rockin everywhere

hopefully the servers are stable enough to hit 3 EQ periods for the dreamcast mag

NextTime000
Feb 3, 2011

bweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
<----------------------------
at least, I think that's what they're trying to test with this Beta; and possibly why they locked it to only Xbone players

Annath
Jan 11, 2009

Batatouille is a great and funny play on words for a video game creature and I love silly words like these
Clever Betty

Dj Meow Mix posted:

hopefully the servers are stable enough to hit 3 EQ periods for the dreamcast mag

I wandered in here after reading that the game is finally coming stateside.

How do I get a Dreamcast MAG? :ohdear:

E: I know this probably isn't known for the NA version yet, but does the Japanese version allow you to use one account across multiple platforms? Like starting on Xbox then picking up the same character on PC?

Annath fucked around with this message at 19:18 on Jan 29, 2020

NextTime000
Feb 3, 2011

bweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
North America server will support crossplay between Xbone and PC. Accounts are being handled through Xbox Live.

JP Server currently supports crossplay between PC, PS4, Switch (and I think Vita is still technically functional) Accounts here are handled through Sega ID (all platforms), PSN ID(PS4/vita, can link to a Sega ID), Whatever You Call Nintendo Switch's ID Service (can link to a Sega ID), LINE app (PC Only, but can link to a Sega ID later), Twitter???? (They just added this, I assume its like LINE and PC only with an option to create/link a Sega ID to it for more account features)

note: there are crossplay lobbies for PC/PS4, PC/PS4/Vita, and PC/Switch, but no crossplay between playstation and nintendo platforms.

EDIT: as for the dreamcast mag:
https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2020/01/27/pso2-beta-starts-february-7th/

quote:

Obtain Special Rewards

Beta Testers will have a chance to claim special rewards for either logging in or for participating in Urgent Quests. Make sure to check the requirements below to maximize your chances of obtaining them all!
Immediate Rewards

Players will receive these rewards immediately after logging in during the Closed Beta Test.

First Login – Photon Halo B (Accessory) and Beauty Salon Free Pass (Consumable)
Daily Rewards – EXP Boost +50% (x3), Rare Drop Boost +50% (x3), Meseta Boost +50% (x3) (Consumables)

Special Rewards

Players will receive these rewards when the game officially launches (release date TBA).

Complete 1 Urgent Quest – Photon Halo C (Accessory), Triboost +100% (Consumable)
Complete 2 Urgent Quests – Photon Halo A (Accessory), Triboost +100% (Consumable)
Complete 3 Urgent Quests – Mag Dreamcast (Evolution Device), Triboost +100% (Consumable)
Complete 4 Urgent Quests – Coated Edge (Weapon Camo), Triboost +100% (x10) (Consumable)

Hyper Inferno
Jun 11, 2015
What does the current f2p economy look like? I played right at launch and stuck around long enough to discover that selling stuff in player shops was a paid service but purchasing was not so I was able to get the Selvaria outfit from a player shop while a friend picked up the wedding dress outfit.

NextTime000
Feb 3, 2011

bweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Hyper Inferno posted:

What does the current f2p economy look like? I played right at launch and stuck around long enough to discover that selling stuff in player shops was a paid service but purchasing was not so I was able to get the Selvaria outfit from a player shop while a friend picked up the wedding dress outfit.
yeah that much hasn't changed; they made meseta a lot less of a hassle to get weekly (tacos are loving dead thank gently caress), and cosmetics from the AC scratch have gone up in price some due to them offering more things to convert unwanted gatcha rolls into; but you can also just like, buy a weapon that is strong enough to server as a gateway into endgame-ish content and earn something stronger. old headaches are gone, but new ones have taken their place, but they're not as severe at least

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

Hyper Inferno posted:

if youre willing to dump a few excubes its not hard to just buy a bunch of 1000 FUN tickets and spam the scratch until you get player shop passes.

beyond that weekly missions give you a set allowance of 2-3 million per week, per character for little effort. with 3 free character slots thats at least 6-7 million meseta, more if youre do more of the dailly missions.
if you wanna make more money, making affix fodder to sell is always a very lucritive market.

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008
A few years ago I bought an AC scratcher and got a pair of socks that I sold for nearly 30 million meseta. It took like 15 minutes, some people are just really into socks I guess

NextTime000
Feb 3, 2011

bweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
they were probably good socks

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

NextTime000 posted:

(and I think Vita is still technically functional)

It is, though there's no Vita Premium Pack this go around so it's probably going to get sunsetted in the next year or w/e

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

NextTime000 posted:

they were probably good socks

They're all good socks, NT

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:
No region lock at least.

https://twitter.com/play_pso2/status/1222967403895611392

Annath
Jan 11, 2009

Batatouille is a great and funny play on words for a video game creature and I love silly words like these
Clever Betty
Anyone able to get the preload started yet? It's not showing up for me :ohdear:

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Annath posted:

Anyone able to get the preload started yet? It's not showing up for me :ohdear:

Nope, apparently it is supposed to show up in your ready to install games and apps, but I got nada so far, and the Twitter account says nothing right now.

Annath
Jan 11, 2009

Clever Betty
Preload activated for me :D

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Awake and unreal, off to nowhere
Can't wait for this to hit PC.

Maybe this is a stupid question I don't know, but with this being a 5+ year old MMO how is all of that old content been handled? Does that mean there's 5+ years worth of content to dive into or have the updates to the game altered the existing/same content over time?

Bloodplay it again
Aug 25, 2003

Oh, Dee, you card. :-*
Looking at the settings, you can change voice, text, and language to either English or Japanese. Other players can see which language you have selected. Each option is individual so you can play with Japanese VA if you wind up hating the English voices.

5 text sizes (maybe only 2 available to One S?): Small, middle, 4k small, 4k middle, and 4k large. That is middle, not medium.

All the prerendered videos look to be the same quality as the PC releases. The game is just under 70GB in size.

Which ship are we all gonna play on? Six options in the list at the moment.

1 - Feoh
2 - Ur
3 - Thon
4 - Ansur
5 - Laguz
6 - Kenaz

Be forewarned: if you choose Getting Started on the ship select screen, it will put your new character on Feoh!

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

katkillad2 posted:

Can't wait for this to hit PC.

Maybe this is a stupid question I don't know, but with this being a 5+ year old MMO how is all of that old content been handled? Does that mean there's 5+ years worth of content to dive into or have the updates to the game altered the existing/same content over time?

They mentioned on the official twitter that they were going to ease newer players into things, so likely it won't have absolutely everything at the start, but will probably have a relatively accelerated release.

Annath
Jan 11, 2009

Clever Betty

Bloodplay it again posted:

Looking at the settings, you can change voice, text, and language to either English or Japanese. Other players can see which language you have selected. Each option is individual so you can play with Japanese VA if you wind up hating the English voices.

5 text sizes (maybe only 2 available to One S?): Small, middle, 4k small, 4k middle, and 4k large. That is middle, not medium.

All the prerendered videos look to be the same quality as the PC releases. The game is just under 70GB in size.

Which ship are we all gonna play on? Six options in the list at the moment.

1 - Feoh
2 - Ur
3 - Thon
4 - Ansur
5 - Laguz
6 - Kenaz

Be forewarned: if you choose Getting Started on the ship select screen, it will put your new character on Feoh!

I vote #2 - Ur, because its funny.

MR. J
Nov 22, 2011

Chuck and Fuck
It'd be congruent with the popular eng ship on jp, at least.

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
I got the heads up for the beta as well. Do you all already have a discord? If not I can get a channel set up on the goon one I regular

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

FastestGunAlive posted:

I got the heads up for the beta as well. Do you all already have a discord? If not I can get a channel set up on the goon one I regular

Yeah, the discord in the op (nolvac) has a channel dedicated to the NA version

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

4chan plans to play on ship 2 btw

Annath
Jan 11, 2009

Clever Betty

Drythe posted:

4chan plans to play on ship 2 btw

RIP ship 2.

I'm stuck at work, but someone should like make a poll for goons to vote on what ship to roll on.

Kortel
Jan 7, 2008

Nothing to see here.
Ansur.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
If the JP 4chan ship is any indication you should avoid ship 2 like the plague

a glitch
Jun 27, 2008

no wait stop

Soiled Meat
Am I right in thinking characters are restricted to one ship? Or will there be ways to swap?

This makes me unreasonably happy. I just hope the ping isn't too awful.

Tesla was right
Apr 3, 2009

Whats with all the robot sex avatars?

a glitch posted:

Am I right in thinking characters are restricted to one ship? Or will there be ways to swap?

There is in the JP version. Spend real money and your character will be moved in the next maintenance interval.

NextTime000
Feb 3, 2011

bweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

a glitch posted:

This makes me unreasonably happy. I just hope the ping isn't too awful.
pso2 does nearly all personal player movement and collision checks client side, so it winds up feeling like there's hardly any ping at all; though you may not see your damage numbers pop up right away until the server can confirm your data.

changing weapons can also get hung up by lag too, so if it's giving you trouble you probably just don't want to swap weapons too often.

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

a glitch posted:

Ships are another name for server, so in mmo fashion, server transfers cost money

NextTime000
Feb 3, 2011

bweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
I think it wont matter what ship we pick, except ship 1 will probably be super crowded

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

Google says otherwise.

Also pop is good because you know this games population will drop after a month.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

NextTime000 posted:

I think it wont matter what ship we pick, except ship 1 will probably be super crowded

I'd say three or four would be solid because those are places where a lot of non-chan players used to linger and anyone swapping over is probably going to aim for "their" ship if I had to guess.

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

4's EN population was mostly /vg/ posters, at least in my experience running on 4. Really 1 or 2 is probably best, in general.

MR. J
Nov 22, 2011

Chuck and Fuck
Characters are tied to the ship so you could make an experimental one on ship 2 if you're worried. I hope the game has more than one free character slot unlike jp launch...

MR. J fucked around with this message at 05:16 on Feb 5, 2020

Surprise Noodle
Aug 25, 2011

Saagonsa posted:

4's EN population was mostly /vg/ posters, at least in my experience running on 4. Really 1 or 2 is probably best, in general.

Going to have to agree with this. Population is important (and kind of a big unknown out of the gate). I can ignore idiots. I vote 2 (but 1 is fine also).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Annath
Jan 11, 2009

Clever Betty
I'm probably going to roll on Ship 2, and then if it turns out goons all went somewhere else, just pay for a transfer.