Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009
*nodding* kirika and shirabe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Aurora posted:

watch symphogear for my favorite lesbian couple in media

:hmmyes:

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Endorph posted:

look they're a close second

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

also I didn't realize it until a while after i bought the av but shiromori being the trans colors rules for me as a big fan of her and her design

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination

DisDisDis posted:

the author of the allegedly bad Himegoto designed and voices a boy youtuber i think is cute so it;s impossible to say etc

WHOA I LOVE IT!

WHOA HIMEGOTO?!?

I LOVE IT!

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Aurora posted:

watch symphogear for my favorite lesbian couple in media

Symphogear?!?!?

I love it!!!!!!!!

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

DisDisDis posted:

the author of the allegedly bad Himegoto designed and voices a boy youtuber i think is cute so it;s impossible to say etc

They seem good.

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

Endorph posted:

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Holding up a handful of Hibiki and Miku

I just think they're neat!

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Toalpaz posted:

WHOA I LOVE IT!

WHOA HIMEGOTO?!?

I LOVE IT!

the other himegoto toal

TasogareNoKagi
Jul 11, 2013

Hello thread. I am a woman and have a chronic case of the gay.

As you might guess from my avatar, I have a soft spot for the Nanoha fandom after it showed me an honest to god lesbian family back in the long lost days of 2007. Baiting and creator's silence be damned.

Haibane Renmei is also very dear to me. I fell in love with that show even before I knew I was queer.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
i hope i one day become a vtuber...

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

I'm not sure why that himegoto is cancelled but the design of the MC is cute and thats all i know about it.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Ibram Gaunt posted:

I'm not sure why that himegoto is cancelled but the design of the MC is cute and thats all i know about it.

i never read it but honestly i appreciate it for the fact that it constantly causes this confusion because it makes me lol everytime

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

good projekt red av

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Ibram Gaunt posted:

I don't think it's 'bad' as in cancelled, but the other Himegoto is iconic and wonderful in every aspect.

Snooze Cruise posted:

i hope i one day become a vtuber...

I am on the cusp of cracking this code myself and retreating into the virtual world.

TasogareNoKagi posted:

Hello thread. I am a woman and have a chronic case of the gay.

As you might guess from my avatar, I have a soft spot for the Nanoha fandom after it showed me an honest to god lesbian family back in the long lost days of 2007. Baiting and creator's silence be damned.

Haibane Renmei is also very dear to me. I fell in love with that show even before I knew I was queer.

Hi! Welcome to the thread!!!

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Endorph posted:

i hope wild arms 6 has kirika and shirabe in it

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

The Colonel posted:

i hope wild arms 6 has kirika and shirabe in it
i hope wild arms 6 has doctor ver in it

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
Which himegoto is himegoto and which himegoto is other himegoto?

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

The delicious melodramatic trash heap is himegoto

The other one is a lovely, dime a dozen comedy about crossdressing to go to a girl's school or something

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
What was the name of that anime/manga where there are two little... I want to say faes that live in the forest and are married and it's pretty much about their daily lives? I remember more than one goon gushing about how it looked awesome/pretty and I wanted to watch it, but I forgot the name. :shobon:

riderchop
Aug 10, 2010

Hakumei to Mikochi, its comfy

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

Hakumei and Mikochi?

Edit: Got beat.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Thank you both! I will go watch that once I'm done with work today!

PhysicsFrenzy
May 30, 2011

this, too, is physics

Aurora posted:

good projekt red av

projekt red is the best

arknights is anime adjacent, but i do wanna mention that it has confirmed gay characters who rule, like Scavenger, and that makes me very happy. and while i'm talking anime-esque games, FGO has nonbinary and trans characters. You can potentially read the relationship between gilgamesh and enkidu as asexual, though it's never made clear if it's romantic in Fate-verse. unfortunately I don't think there are any LGB characters in Fate though, unless you play the female protag.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

PhysicsFrenzy posted:

unfortunately I don't think there are any LGB characters in Fate though, unless you play the female protag.
Rin, Artoria, Medusa, Gilgamesh, Iskander, Nero, Tamamo, Anne & Mary, Nobunaga, Astolfo, Lu Bu, Chen Gong, Jeanne Alter, Brynhildr, Medb, Shuten, Ibaraki, Musashi, Osakabe, Black Bart, off the top of my head?

Rin and Artoria are both presented as bi in the original F/SN VN and that's carried forward, Medusa's presented as bi in F/HA, Gilgamesh and Enkidu's deal is clearly at least romantic in nature imo, there's a lot of 'the only person that truly mattered' type talk with them, and Enkidu's a lot of things but 'definitively a woman' isn't out of them, Iskander outright references past male lovers of his, Nero refers to herself as bi at several points in Fate/Extra, Tamamo says the same thing, Anne & Mary are explicitly a couple, Nobunaga refers to the historical Nobunaga's wives as just, her wives, with no attempt to backfill like there was with Artoria and Guinevere, Astolfo is Astolfo, Lu Bu has some dialogue that implies an attraction to Chen Gong in Fate/Extella and Chen Gong has the same, Jeanne Alter has the bit in her event where she specifically makes Brynhildr one of her romantic interests in the weird meta dating sim thing going on, and later she has dialogue to that effect in Summer 3, Brynhildr's Noble Phantasm is effective against people she's attracted to and, well, there's girls in the striking distance, Medb has several instances where she says she's attracted to Skadi/Scathach, Shuten and Ibaraki are oni-married, Musashi is just outright bi and also references this at several points and has lines where she expresses attraction to both men and women, Osakabe owns both a Musashi and Siegfried hugpillow, Black Bart also just says he's up for whoever.

That's just servants who're in FGO also (well, and Rin) there's way more if we're going with non-Servant characters. Even more if we're counting Tsukihime and other non-Fate stuff that's in the same Universe. It's not the most amazing representation ever (note that 99% of these are bi (note that carmilla isn't on this list despite being famously associated with lesbians, though part of that is just Carmilla having barely any content in FGO)) but it's cool, imo. And also it may be problematic but the joke of Musashi dualwielding because she's bi and 'two sword style' is Japanese slang for being bi, is really funny.

Endorph fucked around with this message at 15:01 on Feb 5, 2020

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

There's also several trans characters,most notably Da Vinci.

I dunno that I'm going to give them points for it, cause they're kinda poo poo about it, but the characters exist.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009
Eh, it varies. Da Vinci has ups and downs as a character, but taken as a whole I'm glad she exists. It's not really about points imo, I don't really care about declaring typemoon woke, more just whether or not its something with enough there that someone could get something out of it.

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

Dont forget about Chev, historical trans figure and in-game nb representation.

Hungry
Jul 14, 2006

The woke TM characters are whichever ones you happen to like, obviously.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

I just think it's worth noting when they gently caress up, for as much as I'm glad as she's around.

Though in terms of side eyes nothing quite gets me like making D'eon of all people LESS feminine than irl. (E: Bees'd)

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Endorph posted:

Eh, it varies. Da Vinci has ups and downs as a character, but taken as a whole I'm glad she exists. It's not really about points imo, I don't really care about declaring typemoon woke, more just whether or not its something with enough there that someone could get something out of it.

Diebuster is my favorite romance but isn't explicit, but theres so much substance in it that if you choose to read it as not a romance I'll laugh at you.

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

Sharkopath posted:

Diebuster is my favorite romance but isn't explicit, but theres so much substance in it that if you choose to read it as not a romance I'll laugh at you.

I think this was the wrong thing to quote Shark.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Sharkopath posted:

Diebuster romance is explicit by any reasonable metric imo

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

Diebuster is a romance though yeah.

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

Super Robot Wars T is a bisexual romp which is AMAZING. The FeMC is even the reason why so many of the OLs are single.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

everythingWasBees posted:

I think this was the wrong thing to quote Shark.

It was the right thing, as an example of something that somebody gets something out of.

The body being me.

PhysicsFrenzy
May 30, 2011

this, too, is physics

Endorph posted:

Fate stuff

I wasn't aware of 95% of that, and I'm really excited to find out that there's so much more representation than I thought! I definitely knew and forgot about Musashi, and I think it just never registered with me that Artoria is bi when reading FSN. To be fair a good chunk of that seems like you'd need to read/play the supporting materials to ever know about.

Rody One Half posted:

There's also several trans characters,most notably Da Vinci.

I dunno that I'm going to give them points for it, cause they're kinda poo poo about it, but the characters exist.

Endorph's right that there are a lot of ups and downs with the character, which I think can be attributed to different writers (and let's just pretend Agartha never happened), but at the end of the day I think they do a good job with Da Vinci. She's a main character in a massive franchise to boot, which is really refreshing to see.

everythingWasBees posted:

Dont forget about Chev, historical trans figure and in-game nb representation.

I think Enkidu is also explicitly non-binary.

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

Everybody is bi, except Bright and Harlock, who are just gay.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

Sharkopath posted:

It was the right thing, as an example of something that somebody gets something out of.

The body being me.

My excuse is I'm just waking up.