Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Don't ask me about Sonic the Hedgehog diaper fetish

...! posted:

:wrogn:

okay in bitcoin the ditch is bottomless

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

Hyperledger Fabric is at 2.0. For when your boss absolutely insists that you start a project with “blockchain technology” and you want it to do as little damage as possible.

jre
Sep 2, 2011

To the cloud ?

Genuine question gets a serious answer:

I am interested in opportunities to use "code" (across platforms, whether they be decentralized or not) to disrupt middlemen and remove friction of various high cost transactions across the legal, compliance, and financial services areas. I am also interested in tokenization of assets in the real world and supply chain custody opportunities.

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

col is slaw

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope

jre posted:

Starts with this, goes decidedly GBS after that

oh, so today the 11-year old technology is the same as the internet was in 95?

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock

LanceHunter posted:

Hyperledger Fabric is at 2.0. For when your boss absolutely insists that you start a project with “blockchain technology” and you want it to do as little damage as possible.

ive read this link and im still not sure if this is real software or if someone just forked postgres or something and gave it a stupid name

CampingCarl
Apr 28, 2008

jre posted:

Genuine question gets a serious answer:

I am interested in opportunities to use "code" (across platforms, whether they be decentralized or not) to disrupt middlemen and remove friction of various high cost transactions across the legal, compliance, and financial services areas. I am also interested in tokenization of assets in the real world and supply chain custody opportunities.
that seems like a lot of words to say "i want to launder money"

KnifeWrench
May 25, 2007

Practical and safe.

Bleak Gremlin
no you don't understand. legal and compliance issues are an inconvenience. they cause friction for my business. I just want to remove that friction. a blockchain will make it easier to be compliant with the law for... reasons

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe

CampingCarl posted:

sounds like you just don't understand the incredible potential of the internet of tokenised smart contracts to disrupt the paradigm of money. statist

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

Jade Ear Joe
radium has stolen my post and is holding it hostage in his database full of lies. if these forums were powered by blockchain this would never happen.

jre
Sep 2, 2011

To the cloud ?

CampingCarl posted:

yeah, tbh I'm not really interested in arguing it because I don't have a position, like I said, I'm studying the "technology" (lol) and integrating it into other aspects of my understanding.

FWIW, when I think of blockchain, I'm not just thinking bitcoin, but more about what "secure value transfer" (lol yes I know again) + liquidity + "smart contract code" + some trust can do longer term.

I figure that there is room to improve as technology improves.. thats what I'm exploring.

What do you guys think of the ethereum platform in here?

Nomnom Cookie
Aug 30, 2009

ethereum is scams with javascripts inside

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

Jade Ear Joe
Ethereum is my favourite flying-type pokemon

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

etherium's programming language was literally designed by a 16 year old and people use it to handle large amounts of what they claim is money, that's basically all you need to know about it

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

Hammerite posted:

radium has stolen my post and is holding it hostage in his database full of lies. if these forums were powered by blockchain this would never happen.

cuz no one wants to confirm you're posts!!!

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

Jade Ear Joe

Chris Knight posted:

cuz no one wants to confirm you're posts!!!

you fucker, you son of a bitch, you prototype for a recipient of a scammer tag. When the murder drones find you they will avenge this sauce

divabot
Jun 17, 2015

A polite little mouse!

Shame Boy posted:

etherium's programming language was literally designed by a 16 year old and people use it to handle large amounts of what they claim is money, that's basically all you need to know about it

sadly no, Christian Reitwiessner is an actual Ph.D computer scientist, i.e. someone who 100% should have known better and did it anyway

fisting by many
Dec 25, 2009

looks like #bitcoin on twitter now has a little icon next to it

i found this out upon seeing some coin cultist proselytize in the replies of a thread about a wuhan man dying of likely coronavirus being unable to get treatment at any hospital

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?
Best videos to educate someone about investing into BTC (self.Bitcoin)
submitted 15 hours ago by matthewbaitieri

Hey there. I invested in BTC in late 2017 during the bull run. I watched it drop all the way down but HODLED the entire way until now as I believe in it.

I recently sold my business and got a good payout and want to invest more into BTC but my wife is sceptical because unlike me she does not watch youtube all day educating herself on the topic.

Can someone please drop links to videos which would educate her on why we should invest this money into BTC.

Specifically, im trying to find the video of the guy who talks about BTC going up then down and then up then down over and over in his video to show her it volatility, and show her in the end its always going up.

I will be showing her the stock to flow video as well but I also cant find the video about BTC cycles so she can understand the 4 years cycles and accumulation phases etc.

Your help would be awesome.

Thanks

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

Jade Ear Joe
more like mining poos

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Hammerite posted:

more like mining poos

nastyfans' mining poos

klafbang
Nov 18, 2009
Clapping Larry

...! posted:

That scene from the bad cartoon where some hobos piss on bitcoin really explains all anybody could ever want to know about bitcoin.

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

Do you realize that fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous communist plot we have ever had to face?

...! posted:

my wife is sceptical because unlike me she does not watch youtube all day

:eyepop:

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.

...! posted:

Hey there. I invested in BTC in late 2017 during the bull run. I watched it drop all the way down but HODLED the entire way until now as I believe in it.

I recently sold my business and got a good payout and want to invest more into BTC but my wife is sceptical because unlike me she does not watch youtube all day educating herself on the topic.

Can someone please drop links to videos which would educate her on why we should invest this money into BTC.

Specifically, im trying to find the video of the guy who talks about BTC going up then down and then up then down over and over in his video to show her it volatility, and show her in the end its always going up.

I will be showing her the stock to flow video as well but I also cant find the video about BTC cycles so she can understand the 4 years cycles and accumulation phases etc.

Your help would be awesome.

Thanks

invest bitcoin with the world’s best trading platform and get double of your investment deposit after 5 hours ,it is simple all you need to do is to invest and we will make the profit for you. Btcexcelinvest.com easy, secured and trusted. https://btcexcelinvest.com/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e_o2Ny735Yo

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

EorayMel posted:

invest bitcoin with the world’s best trading platform and get double of your investment deposit after 5 hours ,it is simple all you need to do is to invest and we will make the profit for you. Btcexcelinvest.com easy, secured and trusted. https://btcexcelinvest.com/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e_o2Ny735Yo

I really feel like I should trust this guy

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

orange juche posted:

I really feel like I should trust this guy

You're right to trust Australian Prime Minister.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YqMnsrZXl9c

Gobbeldygook
May 13, 2009
Hates Native American people and tries to justify their genocides.

Put this racist on ignore immediately!
those loving statists at bloomberg are trying to argue that it's not good for bitcoin that number is going up!!!

https://twitter.com/TheStalwart/status/1224663194561581057?s=19

...!
Oct 5, 2003

Gobbeldygook posted:

those loving statists at bloomberg are trying to argue that it's not good for bitcoin that number is going up!!!

:wrong:

...!
Oct 5, 2003

:hmmyes:

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK

:shuckyes:

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK

:hmmyes:

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
:hmmno:

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene

Gobbeldygook posted:

if i went back in time and told myself in 2010 that by 2020, donald trump became president and businessweek publishes articles about bitcoin, i would have been at considerable risk of self-harm

Soricidus
Oct 21, 2010
freedom-hating statist shill

Notorious b.s.d. posted:

if i went back in time and told myself in 2010 that by 2020, donald trump became president and businessweek publishes articles about bitcoin, i would have been at considerable risk of self-harm

at this point I strongly suspect that all the life choices available to me constitute self-harm

is it really better to choose to be a part of a dystopian society that’s consciously driving our entire species to extinction in order to maximise short-term investment gains?

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

buttcoin
uttcoinb
ttcoinbu
tcoinbut
coinbutt
oinbuttc
inbuttco
nbuttcoi

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope
has anyone said coinbutt yet?

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Wheany posted:

has anyone said coinbutt yet?

I don't think so.

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

Jade Ear Joe

Boxturret posted:

buttcoin
uttcoinb
ttcoinbu
tcoinbut
coinbutt
oinbuttc
inbuttco
nbuttcoi

:wrong:
:rongw: