Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Cast eva green in all such roles. The movies will still be awful but at least they will have eva green in them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

The movies are awful BECAUSE Eva Green is in them

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

It's possible honestly, but I'm still glad to see her and have her gettin checks from trainwrecks

Ziggy Smalls
May 24, 2008

If pain's what you
want in a man,
Pain I can do
Joaquin Phoenix Olivia Coleman in Wonka, a dark gritty drama. She plays an emotionally unstable hero who saves the oompa loompas from their forest lives by putting them in a sweatshop deathtrap candy factory. Also shee gets in a fridge at some point in the film.

Ziggy Smalls fucked around with this message at 19:24 on Feb 5, 2020

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Quantum of Phallus posted:

The movies are awful BECAUSE Eva Green is in them

*looks at Eva Green*

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DQJzK3QQl4k

Saint Drogo
Dec 26, 2011

i know it's standard RLM recyc to say they're just remaking poo poo no-one cares about because it's an IP, but jesus.

I look forward to seeing 12 hour THE CUCKENING OF WILLY WONKA 'essays' in my recommendations after hitb.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Saint Drogo posted:

i know it's standard RLM recyc to say they're just remaking poo poo no-one cares about because it's an IP, but jesus.

I look forward to seeing 12 hour THE CUCKENING OF WILLY WONKA 'essays' in my recommendations after hitb.

Wait till you get a load of my 80-hour, 4-part response to THE CUCKENING OF WILLY WONKA

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Isn't Wonka's backstory laid out in full in the Depp version? Something about his father being a dentist and disowning him (and taking literally the entire house with him) because of his candy-based entrepreneurial desires?

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
So is the name of the movie just gonna be, all caps, in a heavy, block typeset

WILLY

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
Why does the candy man need a backstory it's spo'sed to be about poverty.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Mordja posted:

So is the name of the movie just gonna be, all caps, in a heavy, block typeset

WILLY

It's gonna be stylized so that the W forms willy and wonka

WILLY
O
N
K
A

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Wonka Origins: The Rise of Willy

Cutedge
Mar 13, 2006

How can we lose so much more than we had before

Birds of Prey reviews are coming out, pretty much all positive so if you go elsewhere on the internet prepare to hear about it.

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

At last, a comic books film to stir mike from a deep stupor into a moderate stupor for the duration of a half in the bag

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Cutedge posted:

Birds of Prey reviews are coming out, pretty much all positive so if you go elsewhere on the internet prepare to hear about it.

Doesn't this happen for every nerd movie right when it comes out.

Cutedge
Mar 13, 2006

How can we lose so much more than we had before

Well this one is about women so you know, x10

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020
That just sound like pedestrian awful instead of CATS batshit awful. No interested.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
I seem to recall it was gone over in one of the books how Wonka got the oompa loompas, basically their village sucked rear end and they kept getting eaten by giant tigers. So it wasn’t a hard sell.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
I am going to go see birds of prey

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Birds of Prey has gotta have the most cringe-inducing title I've seen.

Stink Billyums
Jul 7, 2006

MAGNUM

Groovelord Neato posted:

Birds of Prey has gotta have the most cringe-inducing title I've seen.

The Contrabulous Fabtraption of Professor Horatio Hufnagel

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I'm glad the Harley Quinn movie is good because it might get a few more people to give the new cartoon a chance

I know we all know, but it REAL good

Fartbox
Apr 27, 2017
What's happening? Dri fu an only two? what is this?
Is this an avatar? I don't know rm dunk

im gonna take my gf to Birds of Prey because she likes Harley Quinn so I am glad that it might be an ok movie

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
Didn't Birds of Prey come out and flop horribly a few weeks ago? I thought I saw a recommended youtube video title that said it was the worst opening weekend of a DCU movie so far.

Yes I do get most of my movie news from recommended video titles that I would never actually watch.

Stink Billyums
Jul 7, 2006

MAGNUM

counterfeitsaint posted:

Didn't Birds of Prey come out and flop horribly a few weeks ago? I thought I saw a recommended youtube video title that said it was the worst opening weekend of a DCU movie so far.

Yes I do get most of my movie news from recommended video titles that I would never actually watch.

initial tracking pegged it for the worst opening of a DC movie, but it doesn't have a huge budget so it'll turn a profit.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

counterfeitsaint posted:

Actually that was sonic

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

reignofevil posted:

I am going to go see birds of prey

Be sure to get to the cineplex early so you don’t miss the previews! :munch:

Weirdo
Jul 22, 2004

I stay up late :coffee:

Grimey Drawer

gschmidl posted:

I liked how the color is so racist it dies the instant it touches the one black person in the movie. (spoiler for ending)

Well it was based on lovecraft :v:

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

Harley Quinn is one of those characters like Rick Sanchez, who would be perfectly enjoyable if it weren’t for having the world’s worst fanbase.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Cutedge posted:

Haha good try, I already fell for this once.

In other news, RIP RLM:
https://twitter.com/CNBCnow/status/1225133857713934336?ref_src=twsrc

Stink Billyums
Jul 7, 2006

MAGNUM

mobby_6kl posted:

In other news, RIP RLM:

it's okay they don't go outside

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
For Rich, who has AIDS, this is particularly threatening.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
they'll need to quarantine in RLM headquarters for two weeks. as long as VHS tapes are edible and the skull remains full everything should be fine

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Impossible, more than a week without content would be a catastrophe. The people wouldn't stand for it

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

I want weekly episodes of Mike and Rich getting depressed and upset about Picard.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
What if Mike just started pretending he was a star trek instead of pretending he was a vcr repair man?

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
I hope this movie is also about Harley Quinn defeating all powerful cosmic entities with a comically oversize mallet and some chutzpah because that's logical story telling and entertaining.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

reignofevil posted:

For Rich, who has AIDS, this is particularly threatening.

Richard Evans Prayer circle

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Good news for Rich then, apparently HIV drugs lopinavir and ritonavir help improve the condition for patients with severe cases of coronavirus:
https://www.the-scientist.com/news-opinion/flu-and-anti-hiv-drugs-show-efficacy-against-coronavirus-67052