Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

winter.mute posted:

did a moonshiner mission to teach my rivals a lesson by fighting them in the saloon...

decided to send a strong and clear message to keep off my turf.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i5Z9bjg12h8

I appreciate your dedication to your aesthetic

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Au Revoir Shosanna
Feb 17, 2011

i support this government and/or service

Tragedienne posted:

I love logging in and wondering if my server will have animals, Cripps, or neither.

yeah this game is broken as hell and it's kind of killing my enjoyment of it

it's honestly about 50/50 whether I'll even be able to join a server without getting some sort of error and when i do get in it's another roll of the dice on whether poo poo will even be working

had a fun bug earlier where missions just stopped giving rewards, $250 worth of moonshine money just evaporated

e: servers seem to have died as i was typing this lmao

Au Revoir Shosanna fucked around with this message at 19:37 on Feb 2, 2020

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

I encountered the animal bug and the extra cruel camp bug where it puts the icon on your map, but there is no camp when you arrive. So I said gently caress it and decided to swap to single player, and got the infinite loading screen bug lol

It's impressive that they're doing such a bad job with such a great game. At least they got the single player right and we all got to enjoy that on release.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

Bloodcider posted:

I found some weird poo poo the other day while wandering around Lemoyne.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oawZMEQHFx0

Is this a glitch or was this always here? I can't tell anymore with this game.

I kinda want to start a "Red Hair w/Braids" posse because <3

I feel a connection every time I see another Red Hair w/Braid

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
Is the monk PoI in MP?

Hakarne
Jul 23, 2007
Vivo en el autobús!

It's absolutely, inexcusably loving pathetic that they still haven't fixed the dual wield bug for free roam events. Then right after leaving the event I get a bugged resupply mission that doesn't refill supplies, then do another one and come back to an empty camp that crashes the game.

How did they gently caress this up so bad, it's 10x worse than it was at launch.

Sleekly
Aug 21, 2008

RDO does seem a lot shakier lately. It was very frustrating over the weekend.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Sleekly posted:

RDO does seem a lot shakier lately. It was very frustrating over the weekend.

I came very close to missing out on my streak yesterday due to server issues, couldn't get into RDO or GTAO at all before I went to work, which left me with a very small after work window to make sure I got a challenge done.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Today I went in and smoked 3 cigarettes (out of 5 for the daily) before being disconnected within 30 seconds of logging in.

When I finally got back in, I was still at 0/5.

This game. :rockstar:

Timeless Appeal
May 28, 2006
Replaying the single-player, I feel like this is the best Rockstar Game where you can just be a petty crook.

It's cool, patroling Valentine in the middle of the night for lone stragglers going into the outhouse, coming up from behind, and robbing them or smoking a cigarette on a hill waiting for a stage to pass and then hopping down to rob it.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY
If I just barely started a character in RDO, and there's this freebie going on with free weapons. Coincidentally, I wanna try a girl character (I made my character in a rush, initially).

Anyone know, if I delete my character and start a new one, will I get the rewards?

Morter fucked around with this message at 17:52 on Feb 3, 2020

winter.mute
Jan 5, 2010

Morter posted:

If I just barely started a character in RDO, and there's this freebie going on with free weapons. Coincidentally, I wanna try a girl character (I made my character in a rush, initially).

Anyone know, if I delete my character and start a new one, will I get the rewards?

I did a character reset back when RDO was in its early days, here’s what I found out then.

winter.mute posted:

If you rushed through the character creation for Red Dead online and ended up with something that looks like it came from a family tree with no branches, and are thinking of restarting, this is for you

I decided to restart online before I got too far into it because my horrifying, shovel-faced, skeleton of a character was starting to bother me.
Here's a few things I learned in the process.

I knew the gold and cash I had would carry over but wasn't sure about anything else, and it turns out nothing else does.

If you got the free Arabian horse, High Roller revolver, Grizzlies Outlaw outfit, and Alligator saddle back in December you lose them.
They are all still available for you without having to rank up as soon as you start a new online character but you will have to buy them with cash or gold.

Also, it's a minor thing but when you go to the character info/progress menu it still shows the photo and name of your first character. This may just need time to update but after a few missions and several hours of playtime it's still showing my first character.

I was fine with losing my progress and the purchased clothing, gear and weapons from my nightmare beast of a first character but was hoping the free items would carry over as well as the cash and gold, but it's not a big loss.

There’s a chance it may be different now but I doubt it, you will most likely lose your items. There is a reward ticket included with the outlaw pass that allows for change of character appearance but I haven’t been able to get it to work yet (endless loading screen) so I’m not sure if it also allows gender swap.

I’m pretty sure you don’t need the free ticket from the outlaw pass and can just pay gold for the appearance change if you can get it to work. The menu text says it doesn’t charge until you accept, so you can see if it allows a sex change before you commit.

Hope that helps some.

winter.mute fucked around with this message at 19:48 on Feb 3, 2020

Ygolonac
Nov 26, 2007

pre:
CLUTCH  NIXON

The Hero We Need
Just finished moving, and managed to eke out my dailies along the way, somehow. I did like the other night where I got disconnected right after completing a moonshine run - collected my money, my XP, and got the daily for "make $100 from 'shine"... but not the one for "complete a 'shine sale". :wtc:

Otherwise, animals are all over the place now. Spawned into camp once, and there were four pronghorn bucks thirty feet away, between the campfire and hitching post, grazing, looking at me suddenly appearing, and going back to eating.

My bolt-action fed them some lead, and I got an early start on carcass delivery. :unsmigghh:

Camp has been in Hennigan's Reach (or however it's spelled), right near Macfarlane Ranch - one was just over the hill from the railstop, which led to a silly resupply mission: grab a bag from Macfarlane, with no enemies, and return. I could have done it on foot with time to spare. :v:

Went into full-time stuttering Saturday night for some reason, but swapped to DX12 (not sure if there was a change or what, I never messed with that before) and that fixed it.

Some red-dot decided to murder me and my brand-new (like, just left the stable) Criollo (SylvestrStallion - not enough character space) in Armadillo, but after some trading of deaths, he bailed. Again, no cheating, just murderousness. Him, I wouldn't tip my hat to, because after killing the horse he looted my critters and skinned them :argh:

Random encounter: really sick dude out by Madam Nazar's northeast of St Denis. The challenge was to take him to Lagras without being puked on, or dumping him off the horse because of the disgusting retching noises.

'Shineannigans: out of the shack and on the only road west, get to the roadblock, stop to be searched... *busted*! Except, I just put boot to horse and rode off - none of these idiots shot at me. I was still at about 98% of the load when I got to the road heading to the delivery spot. The narrow-rear end baby canyon road. And Fucko McHorse all happy to accelerate uncontrollably as we rolled. Lost three bottles, but otherwise made the sale.

Since I did the special "complete a bounty for free poo poo" thing last week, now I have bolas - guess I should try 'em out, maybe get up to level 10 so I can buy some more.

Oberst
May 24, 2010

Fertilizing threads since 2010
East new janover: dead, animal glitch
North west Elizabeth: thars a moose in my camp!!!

Hakarne
Jul 23, 2007
Vivo en el autobús!

Ygolonac posted:

Some red-dot decided to murder me and my brand-new (like, just left the stable) Criollo (SylvestrStallion - not enough character space) in Armadillo, but after some trading of deaths, he bailed. Again, no cheating, just murderousness. Him, I wouldn't tip my hat to, because after killing the horse he looted my critters and skinned them :argh:

Killing my horse makes me irrationally angry. There was a guy AFK in the middle of Valentine so I just had to shoot him. I mean I feel like you're asking for it if you're AFK in the open in Violentine...

Anyways, I kill him and he just would NOT stop chain-killing my horse in an attempt to kill me. Unfortunately for him he was only level 30ish so he didn't have clutch cards/high health so he died. A lot. I'd try to ride away and he'd keep shooting my horse out from under me, over and over. By the time he finally gave up I had killed him over 20 times without a single death, but I went through like half a stack of horse reviver.

Also that really showed me how big a difference cards/health levels make. Between SnS, NWO, and level 10 health his bullets barely dented me and I could ignore headshots. I wasn't even shooting all that well since I was drunk after the superbowl, it wouldn't have been so one-sided if he had better cards or could take more than two bodyshots from my Lemats before crumpling.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY

winter.mute posted:

I did a character reset back when RDO was in its early days, here’s what I found out then.

There’s a chance it may be different now but I doubt it, you will most likely lose your items. There is a reward ticket included with the outlaw pass that allows for change of character appearance but I haven’t been able to get it to work yet (endless loading screen) so I’m not sure if it also allows gender swap.

I’m pretty sure you don’t need the free ticket from the outlaw pass and can just pay gold for the appearance change if you can get it to work. The menu text says it doesn’t charge until you accept, so you can see if it allows a sex change before you commit.

Hope that helps some.

It doesn't allow for gender swap, I checked.

And it's okay, I'll stay with my lovely looking dude character: I looked at all the lady hairstyles and they're poopy. They're all overly made-up. Just gimme a chick with short hair that's not all buns 'n poo poo, game!

Thanks for the post though.

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

I was wondering. Can ladies use that pomade?

Dick Jones
Jun 20, 2002

Number 2 Guy at OCP

Pomade seems to have no effect on my female character's appearance. I use it, she does the animation, and her hair looks exactly the same.

winter.mute posted:

There is a reward ticket included with the outlaw pass that allows for change of character appearance but I haven’t been able to get it to work yet (endless loading screen) so I’m not sure if it also allows gender swap.

Try playing an Elimination Series game. Quit back to Free Roam after the match is over, and you should be able to successfully launch the character editor at that point.

You can't change your gender or the pitch of your whistle in the character editor.

Ygolonac
Nov 26, 2007

pre:
CLUTCH  NIXON

The Hero We Need
I took Messy Plait at creation, and as I played I noticed that it's apparently made of wood - unlike horse tails/manes, the thing is stiff as a board.

She's carrying a shitload of guns, wearing pants and is like as not all bloody from brawling and butchery - you'd think should could *politely encourage* a barber to give her a man's hairstyle. :ese:

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

pro tip for pomade:

if you use it first and then go into the barbershop second, you can preview what the hairs look like when they've been greased. Some of the changes can be pretty drastic

TorakFade
Oct 3, 2006

I strongly disapprove

Ugh, can't set up camp again, everytime I tried after 4-5 seconds of "your camp is being pitched" I get notified that Cripps has packed up my camp and it never appears. At least it's not charging me, but drat

Can't even access my moonshine shack right now

I'm starting to get a little pissed honestly, I could understand the trouble when the game just came out on PC, and after that there were the Christmas holidays, but it's february now and they're not even close to sorting their stuff out :smith: but sure they would like it if you'd buy some gold bars!

Ygolonac
Nov 26, 2007

pre:
CLUTCH  NIXON

The Hero We Need
Rockstar is just keeping everything authentic by using genuine(ish) 1890s technology - there are hordes of operators fetching and replacing ticker-tapes within the bowels of gigantic clockwork computators, while the data is transferred to and from your remote computer via the most elite and skilled telegraphists.

Server disconnects are the perfectly normal and expected results of rabid opossums biting through the wire, as is their wont.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Packets delivered to and fro by pony express

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
Those packets can be attacked by players

Ygolonac
Nov 26, 2007

pre:
CLUTCH  NIXON

The Hero We Need
Micah's been raiding those riders and burning the packets as firestarter.

talktapes
Apr 14, 2007

You ever hear of the neutron bomb?

TorakFade posted:

Ugh, can't set up camp again, everytime I tried after 4-5 seconds of "your camp is being pitched" I get notified that Cripps has packed up my camp and it never appears. At least it's not charging me, but drat

Welcome to last year. I actually enjoy just getting high and going hunting half the time in online, and this bug is the most infuriating thing ever since the roles came out. Haven't played in a couple months because of it. At least Rockstar (as of yesterday) acknowledged the animal spawning issue which has been going on forever, both the camp and the animal issues seem to happen when server load is high so maybe two birds one stone etc

Au Revoir Shosanna
Feb 17, 2011

i'd kill for a solo session option

does anyone know why session sweeper never made it over to RDO?

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

:italy: Glory to Italia! :italy:

Ayy!! This text is-a the color of marinara! Ohhhh!! Dat's amore!!

TorakFade posted:

Can't even access my moonshine shack right now

I'm starting to get a little pissed honestly, I could understand the trouble when the game just came out on PC, and after that there were the Christmas holidays, but it's february now and they're not even close to sorting their stuff out :smith: but sure they would like it if you'd buy some gold bars!

Had the same thing happen to me yesterday. Setting up camp in another region and then moving it back to heartlands fixed it somehow. I gotta think all the campsite spots are taken in the instance or something?

Went to open my shack for the first time yesterday and it decided I didn't belong there.

Also had the stow-push bug with a crane.

The best was when I went to collect from a bush and my doppelganger leapt out if it and started punching me. Then I exploded. I went back to my bush and my clone was just chillin there.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

ILL Machina posted:

Had the same thing happen to me yesterday. Setting up camp in another region and then moving it back to heartlands fixed it somehow. I gotta think all the campsite spots are taken in the instance or something?

Went to open my shack for the first time yesterday and it decided I didn't belong there.

Also had the stow-push bug with a crane.

The best was when I went to collect from a bush and my doppelganger leapt out if it and started punching me. Then I exploded. I went back to my bush and my clone was just chillin there.

What’s interesting is that the game seems to have a built-in mechanism for when all the campsites in a region are taken; sometimes it’ll be grayed out with some kind of “no space available” message. Which is fine! It just makes the bug more perplexing

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Good hunter, free us from this waking nightmare

Au Revoir Shosanna posted:

i'd kill for a solo session option

does anyone know why session sweeper never made it over to RDO?

It seems the threshold for the game booting you out is a lot lower for RDO than it was in GTAO.

Which is a shame as the camp and animal spawn bugs are directly tied to server population. PC on launch wasn't this bad, but those console bugs eventually caught up.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

So this happened:

https://twitter.com/Nibellion/status/1224815344642088960

OneSizeFitsAll
Sep 13, 2010

Du bist mein Sofa
Just finished this, and had a question for the thread:

HAS ANYONE HERE SEEN AN ENGLISHMAN CALLED GAVIN?

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

As someone who just plays games and does not research the backstory behind the companies, I do not understand the significance of this.

Au Revoir Shosanna
Feb 17, 2011

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

As someone who just plays games and does not research the backstory behind the companies, I do not understand the significance of this.

he's the co-founder and head writer, he's basically responsible for every rockstar game ever

Ygolonac
Nov 26, 2007

pre:
CLUTCH  NIXON

The Hero We Need

OneSizeFitsAll posted:

Just finished this, and had a question for the thread:

HAS ANYONE HERE SEEN AN ENGLISHMAN CALLED GAVIN?

You mean Cave Hermit, up near Hanging Dog?

TorakFade
Oct 3, 2006

I strongly disapprove

Ygolonac posted:

You mean Cave Hermit, up near Hanging Dog?

What? Is Gavin actually in the game? :aaa:

Anyway, game = ~super pretty~ even if half the time the online doesn't work properly

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

I've been playing a lot this week and I still haven't received any of the thank you gifts like the revolver or varmint rifle, do I need to claim them somewhere?

I'm still pretty early on in my RDO career, haven't poked at it too much until recently and I don't want to waste money on stuff if I'm just gonna get it for free anyways.

Au Revoir Shosanna
Feb 17, 2011

Deakul posted:

I've been playing a lot this week and I still haven't received any of the thank you gifts like the revolver or varmint rifle, do I need to claim them somewhere?

I'm still pretty early on in my RDO career, haven't poked at it too much until recently and I don't want to waste money on stuff if I'm just gonna get it for free anyways.

I think you can just buy it for $0 from the gun store?

PlushCow
Oct 19, 2005

The cow eats the grass
My free schofield revolver just showed up in my saddlebags gun wheel, no notice or anything, just saw the next gun arrow, so check there at your horse; not from the camp box or buying it from the store.

The free bounty hunter license hasnt worked for me yet, still wants gold, but I did get bolas in the camp box. Will have to check again when I play later.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ygolonac
Nov 26, 2007

pre:
CLUTCH  NIXON

The Hero We Need

TorakFade posted:

What? Is Gavin actually in the game? :aaa:

Nah, no one has legit found ol' Gav, it's just one of the halfassed theories that he's actually Devil Hermit.

"it's you, Arthur! You were Gavin all along!"