Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.

elentar posted:

UNC-VT is a huge and awful car crash heading now into a second overtime, come rubberneck.

And UNC drops another one, they are last in the league and haven't won an ACC game since the tip-off game against Notre Dame despite having about the weakest conference slate they could hope for. They should still beat a very bad Miami team in Chapel Hill, and lord knows they'll beat State in Raleigh no matter what, but with both Duke games and Florida State and Louisville still to play even a .500 record is pretty much out of the question.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kim Jong Il
Aug 16, 2003
Yeah this isn't Rutgers's style, not on the road.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
How is Garza not on Duke? He's the perfect hatable Duke goon.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

mcmagic posted:

How is Garza not on Duke? He's the perfect hatable Duke goon.

I'm honestly surprised he's not considered a NBA prospect at all.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Pretty embarrassing start. I would not want to look Izzo in the eye right now.

ColdBlooded
Jul 15, 2001

Ask me how to run a good team into the ground.
Purdue's leading scorers at the half are... *checks notes*.... Isaiah Thompson and Evan Boudreaux?
Just like they drew it up

Purdue looking half decent today

ColdBlooded
Jul 15, 2001

Evan Boudreaux with a double double lmao

Would unironically watch an all walk-on game if Tommy Luce was playing

Coco13
Jun 6, 2004

My advice to you is to start drinking heavily.

ColdBlooded posted:

Evan Boudreaux with a double double lmao

Would unironically watch an all walk-on game if Tommy Luce was playing

Is there something special about Luce that made Purdue fans gaga over him, or can you just not explain love? I get the cheers for being up so massive the walkons see the floor, but that was beyond the normal adoration.

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

Tell me about the rabbits, George

Coco13 posted:

Is there something special about Luce that made Purdue fans gaga over him, or can you just not explain love? I get the cheers for being up so massive the walkons see the floor, but that was beyond the normal adoration.

His name is fun to yell, he makes funny videos, and he's built up 4 years of goodwill so far.

ColdBlooded
Jul 15, 2001

PotatoJudge posted:

His name is fun to yell, he makes funny videos, and he's built up 4 years of goodwill so far.

He also does fun stuff like this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SgPwYFPtWUI

Yeah it's against literally the worst Div 1 team but it's still great.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
NC State with a clear chance to establish themselves as the fourth-best team in the ACC, which even this year would be enough to coast into the tournament. And then they go and lose to Georgia Tech. AGAIN.

oystertoadfish
Jun 17, 2003

good game between Kentucky and Texas tech, went to ot. we missed opportunities for upsets today I think

ColdBlooded
Jul 15, 2001

Just want to chime in and say lol IU

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
Kansas looking way better than they did. I mean, Okie State's the competition, sure, but still, Azubuike looking really active, really aware, you love to see it.

ColdBlooded
Jul 15, 2001

That's a textbook flop ffs

Also a textbook hook and hold that Rutgers got away with

ColdBlooded
Jul 15, 2001

Purdue is still bad though

Kim Jong Il
Aug 16, 2003
Actually it's good that Rutgers games turn into Georgetown/St. John's from 1985.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Potential season-saving win by Virginia over Florida State.

Ungratek
Aug 2, 2005

I think 21 wins will be enough to get in now. That’s be 12-8 in the ACC, and winning a game in ACC tournament. That should be doable since the schedule is butter soft. We don’t deserve to make it if we can’t swing that.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Ungratek posted:

I think 21 wins will be enough to get in now. That’s be 12-8 in the ACC, and winning a game in ACC tournament. That should be doable since the schedule is butter soft. We don’t deserve to make it if we can’t swing that.

I think they'd be back in with this one but the margin for error is nil. They can lose both Louisville games and the Duke one and either UNC or VT away but they need to sweep the rest and have that ACCT win. Finishing 5th in the league would probably be better than finishing 4th.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Announcer just called a Cassius Winston catch and shoot three “reptilian.”

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Starting to think Northwestern isn’t very good.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
San Diego State Aztecs

B

I

T

C

H

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

https://twitter.com/akulawolf/status/1223067596263776256?s=21

ColdBlooded
Jul 15, 2001

Purdue going to lose to Northwestern tonight.

Who was that random Rutgers fan who was insisting Purdue was good the other day? Because :lol: no they aren't - they are loving garbage

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Chinatown posted:

San Diego State Aztecs

B

I

T

C

H

ColdBlooded
Jul 15, 2001

So uh...Purdue somehow put up 61 points in the first half tonight

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

Tell me about the rabbits, George

ColdBlooded posted:

So uh...Purdue somehow put up 61 points in the first half tonight

They are good at home and bad on the road. Stefanovic is nearly 50% from 3 at home, barely 20 on the road. He's the biggest split, but there are several other doozies on the rest of the roster as well.

Ungratek
Aug 2, 2005

Replace Gitmo with tapes of 2019-2020 UVA basketball games

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Ungratek posted:

Replace Gitmo with tapes of 2019-2020 UVA basketball games

I had zoned out but holy gently caress this thing tonight with Clemson is atrocious

americanzero4128
Jul 20, 2009
Grimey Drawer
104-68 hooooooly shiiiiiiiiiiiit Purdue and Iowa. I did not expect that score.

ColdBlooded
Jul 15, 2001

So uh....LSU just lost to Vanderbilt lmao

ColdBlooded
Jul 15, 2001

Dick Vitale is just exhausting to listen to

This Bob Knight love fest is infuriating

Edit: This is literally the worst broadcast of all time

ColdBlooded fucked around with this message at 21:43 on Feb 8, 2020

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

americanzero4128 posted:

104-68 hooooooly shiiiiiiiiiiiit Purdue and Iowa. I did not expect that score.

Sorry I bet on Iowa, the worst curse in sports.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
Lol Archie Miller gonna miss the tourney again unless CBS forces them to take IU to get more Bob Knight.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Mizzou/Arkansas going to OT if you want to watch an exciting matchup of free throws being the only way either team can score.

e: :toot:

Grittybeard fucked around with this message at 00:05 on Feb 9, 2020

TheAlmightyFrog
Oct 7, 2007

squeeeak
gently caress Duke, but gently caress UNC more for letting Duke back into this game. Can't make a drat free throw.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

pays 2 b duke

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Jesus loving Christ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheAlmightyFrog
Oct 7, 2007

squeeeak
UNC you stupid fucks