Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

The Lord of Hats posted:

Somber, I also apologize to you. I realize you’ve been on the block a lot, and I know it gets exhausting. But I’m sure you can persevere. If you put me up the next time you’re HOH... well, okay, let’s be honest, I’ll still complain, that’s obligatory. But it’ll be like, background levels of complaining in which I secretly understand that you’re fully justified and I can’t actually blame you. I hope you stick around here, I really do.

You know, there was an easy way to make sure I stuck around!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Welcome back houseguests. It feels like we were just here?

You've all made it quite far into this game, but for one of you, your time as a player is about to come to an end.

Let's get started.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

That's one vote Mr. Steak.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

That's one vote Somberbrero, one vote Mr. Steak.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

That's two votes Somberbrero, one vote Mr. Steak.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

That's two votes Somberbrero, two votes Mr. Steak.

We have a tie.

The Lord of Hats, as HOH it is up to you to break the tie.

Please cast your vote now.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?

You cannot escape.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
By a vote of 3 to 2, Mr. Steak, you have been evicted from the Awful Big Brother house and become the third member of our jury.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Goodbye steak. You played hard, I was very nervous going up against you.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Welcome to tonight's HOH competition. This competition is...a word search!

Instructions

At 8:05PM you'll be given an image of a word search. However, you won't be given the word list. Instead, you will be given categories of words and how many hidden words are in that category.

For example, if the category was "Member of the Moderating Team - 4 words" then you should look for Asiina, peramene, Podima, and MurmurTwin

Words can appear horizontally, vertically, or diagonally, as well as frontwards and backwards.

When you are done you will be left with a number of letters that will spell out a phrase. That phrase will be the extension of a bit.ly url, in all caps.

The link will redirect you to an image. Whoever posts that image in the thread FIRST becomes the new Head of Household. You are not required to also post the completed puzzle, only the image you find using the secret phrase.

For example, if you have the left over letters ASIINAISGREAT then you would need to go to https://bit.ly/ASIINAISGREAT in your browser and post the image it forwards to in the thread.

Are there any questions?

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Do we have to post a completed puzzle anywhere?

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Never mind, just saw that we don't.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
To reiterate: Post the image you find at the end in the thread.

Posting the completed puzzle here or in your confessional will do nothing.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Here is the word search.

Good luck!

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
POQUE HAS WON HEAD OF HOUSEHOLD

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd
What was the phrase?

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

sniper4625 posted:

What was the phrase?

I legit don't remember and my mspaint closed on me. Something like FIND ME IM WAITING

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

No point in putting this off any longer. It's time for the nomination ceremony.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Somberbrero, you are safe.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Teland, you are safe.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

The Lord of Hats, you are safe.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Sniper and SalTheBard, you have been nominated for eviction. Poque, if you'd like to say a few words explaining your nominations you may do so now.

Sniper and SalTheBard, you still have a chance to save yourselves. You, along with all the other houseguests, will be competing in the Power of Veto challenge tonight.

I will see all of you at 8PM EST. It is a Forum challenge, but you'll need some sort of image editing software.

Good luck!

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Hi guys. I think this is the week where a lot of the goings-on throughout the game start to make more sense for everybody. I know that everyone has their own things going - but by virtue of winning HOH and needing to make this nomination decision, I'm taking this time to explain how I have been driving my own path through this game.

From the start of this game there has been a strong four-member alliance consisting of myself, Teland, Somber, and Hats. Paramount to this alliance succeeding was total secrecy. As far as I know - and I could absolutely be wrong, but the votes to this point indicate this - it has not been leaked, at all, ever in this game. The secrecy of this alliance has driven several votes and the overall direction of the game, and now we all find ourselves here.

Back in the second cycle, Dan and I were invited into a Discord server by AA - a Discord server that had separate-but-visible permissions for a final four that neither of us were involved in. It was still a fun group to hang out and chat with, so I said that it didn't bug me - because it didn't. Everybody is free to make their own alliances, their own promises, and go through this game as they will. Talking with people in that foursome, I knew that that final four chat moved to another side server that didn't include us, but it's the game. Ultimately I've done the same thing.

We chatted a lot, and after the FOURTH cycle, with both AA and GGN evicted and the house united following the eviction of Mikujin, Dan and I were fully brought in following discussions around the third vote to evict GGN. In the fifth cycle, I was able to appease both groups with my nominations of Meinberg and Kash, and this is the main reason that I pushed so hard to win the veto in that cycle. But there isn't any room for appeasement remaining as we have made it to the final six and something's gotta give. There's no hiding behind perceived floaters or pretending that somebody else has done something to break trust. I have to break that trust now, and as such I have nominated Dan and Sal.

I do not pretend that there aren't any promises made that I'm breaking by doing this. I went along with these plans over these weeks and used them to my advantage to further myself and my alliance in the game. To say anything otherwise would be insulting to literally every other player in this game and anybody who has even a shred of respect for logic or reading comprehension. But the game moves on, an unstoppable glacier coming to engulf all but one of us, and it's my turn to make a move. Everybody left in this game is strong, powerful, and has absolutely earned their way here, and I wish you both luck in tonight's veto challenge.

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd
As you know its a...rough day for more than game reasons, so I'll just say I wish I could have taken the knife in the front.

C'est la jeu.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
Cool. Glad to know where things stand now. Want you all to know Poque 100% wins the game if he gets to the end. He has unwavering vote. His record is impeccable. 2 HOH's, 5 Vetos, Teland, Somber and Hats you folks can't beat that.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

Poque posted:

Back in the second cycle, Dan and I were invited into a Discord server by AA - a Discord server that had separate-but-visible permissions for a final four that neither of us were involved in. It was still a fun group to hang out and chat with, so I said that it didn't bug me - because it didn't. Everybody is free to make their own alliances, their own promises, and go through this game as they will. Talking with people in that foursome, I knew that that final four chat moved to another side server that didn't include us, but it's the game. Ultimately I've done the same thing.

What final four channel are you talking about?

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

SalTheBard posted:

What final four channel are you talking about?

GASS chat, may have morphed into Snake Chat.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

Poque posted:

GASS chat, may have morphed into Snake Chat.

That was before Seele

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

It's been a tough nomination cycle and I think everyone knows how much this next power of veto will be.

This challenge is called....Correct Order

Instructions

At 8:05PM you'll be given a link to an image with clues about the evicted houseguests.

Your job is to write the name of an evicted houseguest next to a clue that describes them, with no repeats.

While individual clues may apply to multiple evicted houseguests, there is only one solution that uses each houseguest once and only once.

You can use short versions of names (AA, GGN, etc) as long as it's readable.

The first person to post the image with the boxes filled with the correct sequence in their confessional wins the Power of Veto.

:siren: EXTREMELY IMPORTANT NOTE :siren:
I'm expecting this challenge to be quick, as in under 5 minutes, and there's a high probability of people all submitting around the same time. To make sure that I don't accidentally lose track of who submitted first, you MUST @Asiina when you are submitting your response. I will not check it otherwise and your submission will not count. Do not @ me for any other reason. Don't lose because you miss this rule.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
we're submitting responses in thread, correct?

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
Yes

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Somberbrero posted:

we're submitting responses in thread, correct?

In your confessional.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Somberbrero wins the Power of Veto

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd
You'd think the biggest challenge of my game, I'd remember the rules properly. If the blade is going to fall, please make it quick.

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd
Whatever happens from here, it was fun.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
hello!

what poque said earlier is correct, i am part of a 4-person alliance consisting of myself, hats, teland, and poque. for a time i was also a part of a larger group initially consisting of steak, aa, ggn, and sal. that group went through various permutations, i voted out ggn over Teland and then lied about it directly to sal after claiming sniper's vote as my own. obviously sal figured that out because he's not stupid.

that group of 4 is my core group and i am 100% behind them.

sal took clear and comprehensive notes over the course of the game and then shared those notes with everyone, without expectation. i used those notes to win this veto competition. in the spirit of mutual cooperation and honoring the fact that i likely would not have won the competition without his assistance, i am choosing to veto Poque's nomination of SalTheBard.

i talked with teland and hats about this, they both are okay with my decision. Sniper, I am sure it does not seem this way given our strained relationship over the back end of this game, but this was a difficult decision for me to make. i respect you and the game you've played, but someone has to go home this week and i would rather it not be sal. i'm sorry for any bad feeling between us, i think i am mostly to blame for that.

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd
Thank you for making it quick, at least.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
I am putting The Lord of Hats up as replacement. Apologies for the abrupt post, still at MILs house!