Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NextTime000
Feb 3, 2011

bweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
<----------------------------
alright, I put ship 2 into the op; it'll also cut down on confusion I guess too.

Somebody else is going to have to establish Nol Vacancy there though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Molestationary Store
May 21, 2007

See you all on Ship 2, much like the JP server. :v:

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008
I dunno if it's been mentioned yet and I don't have a link on hand, but aparently its confirmed that the PC version is going to be distributed on Steam. Great news, probably means a better player base in addition to just being able to use the Steam friendlist.

edit: https://www.mmorpg.com/phantasy-star-online-2/news/phantasy-star-online-2-heading-to-steam-according-to-online-manual-1000055259

It came from an online manual that can't be accessed anymore: https://dev.pso2.com/manual/game

Long story short is that it confirmed that the PC version is gonna be on Steam- which I'm pretty sure wasn't actually announced yet.

THE FUCKING MOON fucked around with this message at 21:41 on Feb 5, 2020

Bloodplay it again
Aug 25, 2003

Oh, Dee, you card. :-*

THE loving MOON posted:

I dunno if it's been mentioned yet and I don't have a link on hand, but aparently its confirmed that the PC version is going to be distributed on Steam. Great news, probably meens a better player base in addition to just being able to use the Steam friendlist.

The dev subdomain had a web manual from which this info was taken. I saw Steam mentioned in the privacy policy on Xbox but assumed it was a SEGA-wide policy, not specifically written for PSO2. That said, I saw the manual before it was taken down and it also specifically has MS Store and Xbox instructions, so it doesn't look like super outdated info. It does mention the Vita release, too, though and there is no way that is still being released.

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008
Ah, I see. Steam still seems likely, this being a Sega/Microsoft thing

Surprise Noodle
Aug 25, 2011
It seems more likely to me that it'd be on the Xbox for PC app. That dev website was clearly not ready for primetime, so I'd take anything it said with a pinch of salt. But who knows, Steam is certainly possible.

Bloodplay it again
Aug 25, 2003

I'll bet they do like with Halo and let you DL/update on Steam but you still need to sign into the Xbox app with a Microsoft account. As of right now it is officially only Xbox or MS Store app. Steam would do wonders for the population and, in turn, sales.

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008
A Halo colab would be pretty cool. They could do spartan armor, assault rifle/plasma rifle skins, and a cortana costume that's always a bazillion meseta in the player shops. Assuming they do anything unique at all, of course.

Annath
Jan 11, 2009

Batatouille is a great and funny play on words for a video game creature and I love silly words like these
Clever Betty
I can't wait to go FULL ANIME with the character creator.

Bloodplay it again
Aug 25, 2003

Annath posted:

I can't wait to go FULL ANIME with the character creator.

There better be daigo again so I can stick them outta my mouth like walrus tusks. I am strongly considering installing PSO2 again so I can look at my character options and write them down for Friday evening. My character is an old fat guy who has this bondage outfit eloquently displaying his moobs. I was very popular in the fashion catalog. Where my boomers at

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008
It wouldn't be too hard to remake my jp character since cast parts are pretty much all gonna make the transition. The hair's from some anime I've never seen so I don't know about that, but I'm sure I won't have any trouble finding something that makes the most of the silly hair physics. :v: Still gonna roll a cast again at any rate.

Is the phantom successor class any good? I always liked how Katana Braver and forces played so that weapon spread looks like it's right up my alley.

Annath
Jan 11, 2009

Batatouille is a great and funny play on words for a video game creature and I love silly words like these
Clever Betty
I'm gonna make an anime waifu like Zero-2 and make it a katana weeb and it's gonna be great.

NextTime000
Feb 3, 2011

bweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
once the pc client is usable, you can probably save the character data from the salon and load it into another client; just make sure the data you save isn't using non-standard cosmetics

unless theres a way to just slam a character file into an xbone; I dont have an xbone so I wouldn't know if they just let you access files from a networked PC directly or something

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

NextTime000 posted:

once the pc client is usable, you can probably save the character data from the salon and load it into another client; just make sure the data you save isn't using non-standard cosmetics

unless theres a way to just slam a character file into an xbone; I dont have an xbone so I wouldn't know if they just let you access files from a networked PC directly or something

There is not a way to pop character data into an xbone, as far as I can tell from other games, everything has to come from inside the xbox. Crossplay will definitely allow you to burn a salon ticket to bring over your character from JP though by saving their customization data from the JP client. They won't have any custom cosmetics, but the face/body measurements will be the same.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Seems like the NA Closed Beta is hitting the rocks hard right now lol

They only launched 1 ship at the open date instead of all 6, so it immediately filled up in under 5 minutes, and now everyone is furious.

Load Balancing 101 lol

beaner69
Sep 12, 2009
Hi I'm on xbone. There's 2 shops now and based on wat I read I'll join ship 2 and cuz load is normal

Godmode Enabled
Jul 14, 2013

I AM A BETAGOON, ASK ME ABOUT PROPER GRIEF TO CASH RATIOS.
Just sitting here hitting reconnect for 2 hours. I have lost control of my life :suicide:

Evil Badman
Aug 19, 2006

Skills include:
EIGHT-FOOT VERTICAL LEAP

Beta's a lot more stable now. I spent three hours with no issues except losing three hours of my life to PSO again.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Evil Badman posted:

Beta's a lot more stable now. I spent three hours with no issues except losing three hours of my life to PSO again.

Yeah, once it came up it was fine. I'm on ship 2, the most neon cast I've seen so far, going by "Skub" if any of you have seen me around.

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

I'm really liking the dub from what I've seen so far. Only issue I've really had with it is that every old man character is obviously voiced by some guys in their 30s trying to sound like old men.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

If anyone needs an invite to Nol Vacancy on Ship 2 NA, please ping Raujinn in Discord, and they will get you set up. I will be on after 1030PM EST tonight, when I get home from work, you can find me in the NolVac discord as well.

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008
I was watching somebody stream the beta on twitch this morning and had a good laugh watching him try to figure out how to do stuff like code collect. :allears: took me forever to realize you just have to mash while its glowing.

Edit: and yeah the dub seems solid. I guess ill have to actually pay attention to the story this time

InspectorCarbonara
Jul 2, 2010

Evening, patrolmaaan.

Saagonsa posted:

I'm really liking the dub from what I've seen so far. Only issue I've really had with it is that every old man character is obviously voiced by some guys in their 30s trying to sound like old men.
I heard that apparently Afin has an Australian account.
If this is true I hope they go all the way and give Apprentice an Australian accent too.

How far does the story actually go in the beta? I know summoner is in the game but they can't have up to episode 4 available right?

beaner69
Sep 12, 2009
I always change to Japanese voices cuz I'm a big weeb

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

InspectorCarbonara posted:

If this is true I hope they go all the way and give Apprentice an Australian accent too.

How far does the story actually go in the beta? I know summoner is in the game but they can't have up to episode 4 available right?

Beta only had through EP3 available. Odds are they are still working on dubbing story material, as well as translating in general, as people have run into situations where stuff is still in Japanese.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Smoothbrains already making their existence known

Humerus
Jul 7, 2009

Rule of acquisition #111:
Treat people in your debt like family...exploit them.

For when there's finally a PC American server do you guys recommend playing with a controller or keyboard and mouse? I'm getting some Warframe vibes and I prefer kbm for that for what it's worth. However I'm also planning to play mostly fighter but maybe techer, so probably not a lot of aiming?

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Keyboard and mouse work perfectly fine.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Humerus posted:

For when there's finally a PC American server do you guys recommend playing with a controller or keyboard and mouse? I'm getting some Warframe vibes and I prefer kbm for that for what it's worth. However I'm also planning to play mostly fighter but maybe techer, so probably not a lot of aiming?

Up to you, I find controller/keyboard easier to work with, but that's because I'm used to playing PSO Blue Burst, which used the keyboard for mapping the quickslots 1-10. I also played a lot of PSO on the dreamcast and gamecube, so PSO is a controller game to me.

Do what works for you. I know a person who mapped remapped WASD in FPSes to like NM<> because somehow they were comforable with that.

orange juche fucked around with this message at 00:45 on Feb 9, 2020

The Postman
May 12, 2007

I bounced off of this a couple times but I'm about to hop into the closed beta and give it another go. Everything about this should be up my alley so I hope it finally sticks!

Edit: Wow I didn't realize the closed beta ends tonight. Guess I'll still try to mess around with it for a little.

The Postman fucked around with this message at 00:52 on Feb 9, 2020

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

InspectorCarbonara posted:

blimey mate where's me fukken body

NextTime000
Feb 3, 2011

bweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
I personally use mouse and keyboard but I've heard of some cool concepts in the realms of using controller+keyboard; ranging from playing mostly with controller but having a few actions you dont use during combat still just on the keyboard, to even left-hand does wasd keyboard stuff while your right-hand holds the right side of a controller

Humerus
Jul 7, 2009

Rule of acquisition #111:
Treat people in your debt like family...exploit them.

orange juche posted:

Up to you, I find controller/keyboard easier to work with, but that's because I'm used to playing PSO Blue Burst, which used the keyboard for mapping the quickslots 1-10. I also played a lot of PSO on the dreamcast and gamecube, so PSO is a controller game to me.

Do what works for you. I know a person who mapped remapped WASD in FPSes to like NM<> because somehow they were comforable with that.

Oh I played the hell out of PSO on Dreamcast and Gamecube but PSO2 seems way more action oriented than 1 so I figured I'd check.

Nice to see there's no consensus actually because I generally prefer kbm but I was concerned about movement on the keyboard.

I can't wait to play this game, I tried when the English fan patch first came out but there was still so much untranslated that it really took me out so I didn't get far. I figured how long could it take to bring it to America....

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
Regarding controls; I've always found KB+M fine, and I'm really getting frustrated with gamepad when it comes to playing as Gunner.

MechaCrash
Jan 1, 2013

I've been watching people play the demo and got to mess with it a bit at a friend's house today, and I have a couple of questions.

The first is that I like the idea of doing a Ranger/Techter, because I want to be able to hand out buffs and debuffs, then shoot things in the face. I know this isn't super optimal (combining Techter with Force and Ranger with Gunner is probably better), but will my buffs and debuffs actually have any oomph behind them, or am I just completely wasting my time? I liked my PSU Guntecher and would like to do something similar.

The second is that I noticed you could bring along NPC allies, usually. Some of them were grayed out, which apparently means "someone else in this instance is already using this one." Is there any reason to not bring along an NPC crew if you can, assuming you aren't rolling with actual people?

Annath
Jan 11, 2009

Clever Betty
Movie Night

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

MechaCrash posted:

I've been watching people play the demo and got to mess with it a bit at a friend's house today, and I have a couple of questions.

The first is that I like the idea of doing a Ranger/Techter, because I want to be able to hand out buffs and debuffs, then shoot things in the face. I know this isn't super optimal (combining Techter with Force and Ranger with Gunner is probably better), but will my buffs and debuffs actually have any oomph behind them, or am I just completely wasting my time? I liked my PSU Guntecher and would like to do something similar.

The second is that I noticed you could bring along NPC allies, usually. Some of them were grayed out, which apparently means "someone else in this instance is already using this one." Is there any reason to not bring along an NPC crew if you can, assuming you aren't rolling with actual people?

Hunter is actually a better subclass for ranger than gunner is, funny enough. Ra/Te would be the worst of both worlds, sadly. Your buffs would be quite a bit weaker than a techer main's and your damage on ranger would be pretty badly reduced. Techter/Ranger with a techter usable rifle can actually work as a support combo, although yeah it isn't ideal in the grand scheme of things.

There's no downsides to bringing bots, no. They even give you a half-power party triboost. It's generally bad manners to bring them into things like ultimate quests, but that isn't really relevant at the moment.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
The other thing with Support Partners is, you can make a tiny personbot that you can throw gear onto and level by sending them out on Client Orders and also bring with you on quests. Sometimes they show up in E-Trials also, which is fun if you made a tiny Hank Hill.

You can register a copy of yourself as a supporter and friends and randos can bring them along. So you're not just limited to the story partners.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Annath posted:

Movie Night

are those translated too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Annath
Jan 11, 2009

Clever Betty

Kild posted:

are those translated too

It was the english trailer