Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe

Stink Billyums posted:

Wishmaster 3 was so bad I think it erased my memory of what came before it.

You can't let non-Divoff Wishmaster color your perception of the first two. He was really the only reason to watch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

Do you like scary movies?

I'd recommend Bad Channels and/or It Came from the Desert. Both are pretty much 50s throwbacks in plot structure but they embrace the absurdity and run with it.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

Basebf555 posted:

You can't let non-Divoff Wishmaster color your perception of the first two. He was really the only reason to watch.

the first one had a lot of fun cameos and physical gore but i never saw the second. is it worth a go?

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

Do you know anything about...
witches?

Buglord
Digital copy of Hereditary for anyone that wants it: C9PHY1X0FBQCML34

alf_pogs posted:

the first one had a lot of fun cameos and physical gore but i never saw the second. is it worth a go?

I remember it being a little sillier but otherwise more of the same, in a good way.

gey muckle mowser fucked around with this message at 04:25 on Feb 6, 2020

Good point keep talkin
Sep 14, 2011

Wishmaster is so fuckin good. Might be my favorite 90s slasher, or even slasher in general.

Sarchasm
Apr 14, 2002

So that explains why he did not answer. He had no mouth to answer with. There is nothing left of him but his ears.

gey muckle mowser posted:

Digital copy of Hereditary for anyone that wants it: C9PHY1X0FBQCML34

Thank you!

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

The Lodge is a good movie, and that's all I want to say about it. It's the kind of movie you really want to go into blind.

The only question i have about the lodge is if the trailer I saw last year, which didn't indicate any direction for the movie other than "SPOOKY" is more indicative of the direction of the film whereas the latest trailer cut that i saw in front of color out of space, indicates CULT poo poo. because i kinda wish they hadn't made that trailer if so. that was a bit of a let down to see them divulge that much info.

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!
Am I blind or did seriously no one recommend Hausu to King Vidiot? Hausu dude.

And yeah, do not do edibles and watch Climax. Don't.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

Origami Dali posted:

I think we’ve become ungrateful for, and complacent with, the existence of Hausu.

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

Do you know anything about...
witches?

Buglord

Sarchasm posted:

Thank you!

Enjoy! Even though it’s probably my favorite horror movie of the past decade and I’ve seen it several times I just now got around to buying the bluray because it was $5 at Target.

Origami Dali posted:

yeah that sounds like a bad time

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

Origami Dali posted:

I thought we all agreed it was an automatic given for this sort of suggestion.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

King Vidiot posted:

Any other suggestions? Something weird, um "creatively edited" and visually interesting, but not negative or depressing. I considered Climax but that might be too much to handle.

Mayhem is probably the best movie with the premise "the 28 Days Later virus turns an office complex into a beat-em-up game" anyone will ever make

e: it's also got Samara Weaving, and the best use of a Faith No More song I can think of in recent memory

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
Seriously I don't know how Mayhem didn't kind of blow up, I'm sort of iffy on Joe Lynch as a whole but that movie loving owned

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

Seriously I don't know how Mayhem didn't kind of blow up, I'm sort of iffy on Joe Lynch as a whole but that movie loving owned

Joe Lynch is my hero tbh. Him and Adam Green's podcast has helped me through some poo poo.

Mayhem is good.

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

King Vidiot posted:

Something weird, um "creatively edited" and visually interesting, but not negative or depressing.
Happiness of the Katakuris! It's very :3: about a family that runs a hotel together. It's also by Takashi "I made Audition" Miike!

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Although I will say it's a bit of a tough sell because Adam tends to make things about himself, but mostly due to his anxiety and self loathing which is very relatable to me, but may not be for others. And both of them can be dumb white dudes. Well meaning but they do the "UGH TRIGGERED" things sometimes because they have one foot online and one foot out so they just catch the big stuff.

There's some good episodes I'd recommend. The Richard Stanley one is amazing as is the Sam Wineman one which I feel like might have gave them both the dose of reality that they needed.

The Movie Crypt is the podcast. But it's very good if you're like me and struggling to make poo poo. It can be inspiring to know that bullshit happens to everyone on any level.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

CelticPredator posted:

Joe Lynch is my hero tbh. Him and Adam Green's podcast has helped me through some poo poo.

Mayhem is good.

oh he seems like a decent dude I just think his filmography is otherwise kind of meh

Everly was okay but seemed kind of... needlessly sexually violent? like I remember that movie having a Too Much Rape problem

and Knights of Badassdom was just straight up terrible

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

Drunkboxer posted:

I think we’ve become ungrateful for, and complacent with, the existence of Hausu.

Yeah, I actually totally forgot about Hausu. Could be a fun time, I actually haven't seen it in ages. I might actually go Hausu, From Beyond and Frankenhooker. All movies I've seen previously, they're weird but not horrifying and I don't have to worry about missing any cool first-time moments. My only problem with watching movies high is that I tend to sort of space out for big chunks of the movie, so I might want to stick with movies I've seen before and watch what I haven't seen sober first.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

He got hosed over for that one. The people who funded the film took over the edit and just recut it their way. He's still mad salty about it.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Evan Dorkin and his buddy Paul Yellovich made it up to episode ten of their horror movie podcast, Tear Them Apart. They both recently saw One Cut of the Dead and really dug it a lot. I love the drawings Evan does for each episode.

https://tearthemapartpodcast.home.blog/2020/01/27/episode-ten/

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

CelticPredator posted:

He got hosed over for that one. The people who funded the film took over the edit and just recut it their way. He's still mad salty about it.

frankly i'm really not sure that movie could be saved by a better edit, it was top-to-bottom bad. the initial comedy stuff was barely watchable, but once it pivoted to horror it just went straight to poo poo.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Entire plot points and scenes were removed. And I think Dinklege had to go back to film GOT during production so they only had him for so many days. I have no idea what was cut and what wasn't because I ain't gonna watch it.

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.
Watched The Dead Center with Shane Carruth. I wasn't feeling it at first but I warmed to it.

BioTech
Feb 5, 2007
...drinking myself to sleep again...

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

Everly was okay but seemed kind of... needlessly sexually violent? like I remember that movie having a Too Much Rape problem

Yeah, it definitely does.

The Action thread was also very down on Point Blank, I think the main complaint was that there were only a few action scenes, which weren't great, with very little of interest in between.

Mayhem does look like my poo poo, so that one went on the list.
The list that every October I try to go through, but just ends up getting longer and longer due to all the great recommendations that month.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
I dunno but I always assumed the mayhem movie was like a remade belko experiment.

frankee
Dec 29, 2017

Iron Crowned posted:

Zombie Island Massacre is certainly a movie

its real bad but real fun imho

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

Compared to the other films in the 'Fantasy Tabletop RPG/LARP Focused' subgenre goes, it's one of the better entries which gives you an idea of how much worse the other films out there like it are.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

M_Sinistrari posted:

Compared to the other films in the 'Fantasy Tabletop RPG/LARP Focused' subgenre goes, it's one of the better entries which gives you an idea of how much worse the other films out there like it are.

Yeah it's not nearly as poo poo as something like Mazes and Monsters.

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Death is nothing compared to vindication.
Buglord
Hahaha what the gently caress is this poo poo

I can't wait for the movie about the man who hunts me in my dreams, Frederick.

(Yes I know Charles Lee Ray is the murderer but it's still dumb)

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

thats charles

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Buglord

Kvlt! posted:

thats charles

o ok got it now

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

M_Sinistrari posted:

Not horror but Darkon is the best LARP movie

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Wait, is that a sequel to the remake? Or is it like a 3rd direction? Will we one day have a giant chart of the 20 different directions Child's Play was spun off?

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

Fun Shoe

STAC Goat posted:

Wait, is that a sequel to the remake? Or is it like a 3rd direction? Will we one day have a giant chart of the 20 different directions Child's Play was spun off?

I'm assuming it's fan made until I see otherwise.

MacheteZombie posted:

Not horror but Darkon is the best LARP movie

Monster Camp is also excellent. The best part about Darkon to me is I live and grew up right in the same area as the people the documentary follows so their accents and overall personalities have an extra level of cringe for me.

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

If it wasn't for disappointment
I wouldn't have any appointment

Grimey Drawer

COOL CORN posted:

Hahaha what the gently caress is this poo poo

I can't wait for the movie about the man who hunts me in my dreams, Frederick.

(Yes I know Charles Lee Ray is the murderer but it's still dumb)

Oh. This is real? Wow.

So which timeline is this? Aubrey Plaza-verse or Fiona Dourif-verse?

Basebf555 posted:

I'm assuming it's fan made until I see otherwise.

It has a Letterboxd, at least.

https://letterboxd.com/film/charles-2020/details/

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Buglord
I mean, it's made by "Tony Bizz" and "Lawrence SFX Productions" so I'm assuming it's not exactly a Fox Searchlight Pictures production.

wait

quote:

One of two Chucky-related films released in 2019. The other being, Child's Play (2019). Neither had any involvement from franchise creator Don Mancini, who is currently working on a television series continuation to the original series.

I'm assuming Charles was delayed to 2020 but there's a SHOW coming out too??

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

If it wasn't for disappointment
I wouldn't have any appointment

Grimey Drawer
THERE'S A THIRD CHUCKY-VERSE?

edit:

Franchescanado fucked around with this message at 16:48 on Feb 6, 2020

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

My understanding is Mancini is continuing the main continuity of it under the "X of Chucky" name and the studio was rebooting it under "Child's Play."

Its this third one that has me thrown.

Yaramund
Jul 22, 2015

The face of a killer
in a ghostly design
It's just a bad fan film from the looks didn't even raise any money.

There's only one continuity, all the Mancini involved films and the SyFy spin-off TV Series they are currently filming.

And then there's just the bad remake :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

Fun Shoe
Apparently the story of Charles Lee Ray is the new monomyth for the 21st century. Could be worse I guess.