Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?

Wheany posted:

has anyone said coinbutt yet?

boxturret literally just said it, how about you learn to read :argh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

...! posted:

boxturret literally just said it, how about you learn to read :argh:

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
dickquack

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

https://qz.com/1797589/crypto-ponzi-scheme-took-mlb-players-for-millions/

Mammon Loves You
Feb 13, 2011
So somebody I know is dealing with a poop touching VP at work whose pet project is a blockchain based game played with Ethereuem. They've gotten all the way to wanting some QA testing for an MVP and even after being told "Nobody here can playtest the game because nobody here owns or wants to own Ethereum" the lightbulb still hasn't come on that this idea is dumb as hell :rolleyes:

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

Some crypto outfit tricked my employer into writing a proposal for a mining warehouse and promptly started stiffing them on invoices once they got the first draft

Went on an hour long rant to my boss about how basically everything associated with cryptocurrency is a scam and now I'm basically the crypto liason for the company

Can't wait to get chewed out at some point for essentially telling the company to turn down work

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

Mammon Loves You posted:

So somebody I know is dealing with a poop touching VP at work whose pet project is a blockchain based game played with Ethereuem. They've gotten all the way to wanting some QA testing for an MVP and even after being told "Nobody here can playtest the game because nobody here owns or wants to own Ethereum" the lightbulb still hasn't come on that this idea is dumb as hell :rolleyes:

can you send him to a libertarian meetup group

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Not a Children posted:

Some crypto outfit tricked my employer into writing a proposal for a mining warehouse and promptly started stiffing them on invoices once they got the first draft

Went on an hour long rant to my boss about how basically everything associated with cryptocurrency is a scam and now I'm basically the crypto liason for the company

Can't wait to get chewed out at some point for essentially telling the company to turn down work

just get them to implement a pay-up-front policy for anything crypto related, with the proposal as proof. that should shut down 99% of crypto poo poo

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

https://twitter.com/Krypticrooks/status/1225145160872480768
https://twitter.com/Krypticrooks/status/1225145884452753408
https://twitter.com/Krypticrooks/status/1225146609488551941
https://twitter.com/Krypticrooks/status/1225147343189704709

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Don't ask me about Sonic the Hedgehog diaper fetish
does the world really need another adult oriented* bitcoin cartoon?

*bitcoins being urinated upon and/or vomiting

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

Boxturret posted:

Was there ever a definitive one

DerekSmartymans
Feb 14, 2005

The
Copacetic
Ascetic

Boxturret posted:

I will piss on physical buttcoins and throw them in a black hole. The only cartoon I wanna see is the bit going down the roller coaster. It never gets old.

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
i would watch a cartoon of the shutter shades and top hat bitcoin loving the lip-smacking mumbly bitcoin

DerekSmartymans
Feb 14, 2005

The
Copacetic
Ascetic

Sham bam bamina! posted:

i would watch a cartoon of the shutter shades and top hat bitcoin loving the lip-smacking mumbly bitcoin

Goddamn I understand everything in this post. Gotta take a shower!

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
Buttcoin (バットコイン Batokoin rear end Coin) is Satoshi Nakomoto's down special move.

Satoshi Nakomoto crouches down while Satoshi Nakomoto deploys an explosive cryptocurrency backwards. The coin bounces in a slightly unpredictable fashion before detonating on contact or on a timer. As an item, it can be picked up by any investor, though this does not stop it from exploding in characters' hands. However, this property makes the move useful for tether recovery. Only one cryptocurrency can be present at a time; Satoshi Nakomoto refuses to use another until the first has exploded.

If a Buttcoin detonates on contact with an opponent, the resulting explosion will not harm the Satoshi Nakomoto that originated it. It shares this property with Bruce Wagner and Ross Ulbricht's coins.

In Mt. Gox, this move made a fart sound when being used; such sound effect is absent in reddit. However, if the move is used while a coin is already out, a faint "toot" sound can be heard from Satoshi Nakomoto.

This move was not named in Mt. Gox or reddit, being rolled into bitcoin as one ability, and is not present in any other ponzi schemes. This makes YOSPOS the first time this move has ever been given an official name. However, the animation has always been internally named "coin rear end", which the Japanese name of the move is a literal translation of.

divabot
Jun 17, 2015

A polite little mouse!

Azathoth posted:

just get them to implement a pay-up-front policy for anything crypto related, with the proposal as proof. that should shut down 99% of crypto poo poo

can confirm: the way to make crypto idiots vanish like morning dew is to take cash up front only

hell, just saying "not set up for crypto sorry but we sure do take dollars" is often enough

...!
Oct 5, 2003

haha you guys interact with bitcoiners

that's one step away from touching the poop

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

wow how kooky and random

also why is jeffrey epstein in there, did he have bitcoins

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

Shame Boy posted:

wow how kooky and random

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

i can't believe he included the transpotime 21 bus going through a black worm hole

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Boxturret posted:

i can't believe he included the transpotime 21 bus going through a black worm hole

hahah holy poo poo i didn't even see that the first time, that's fantastic

CampingCarl
Apr 28, 2008

Shame Boy posted:

wow how kooky and random

would you be shocked to find out that a pedophile funded cryptocurrency programs? because it shouldn't and he did.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

CampingCarl posted:

would you be shocked to find out that a pedophile funded cryptocurrency programs? because it shouldn't and he did.

nah like right after i posted that i went "oh right, bitcoin"

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Boxturret posted:

It's not the transpotime 21 bus, it's just a tribute.

DerekSmartymans
Feb 14, 2005

The
Copacetic
Ascetic

Shame Boy posted:

nah like right after i posted that i went "oh right, bitcoin"

“You gross pedophile! No I do not want to see a 30 minute presentation on the future of money!”

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

Shame Boy posted:

wow how kooky and random

invest in Doge, not dogecoin

...!
Oct 5, 2003

:wrong:

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK

Boxturret posted:

i can not believe what you wrote it !

...!
Oct 5, 2003

haha, i was playing borderlands 3 and it made fun of bitcoiners

after i completed a quest, the quest giver confessed to secretly being a bitcoin miner. he then told me his bitcoins were going to make him one of the wealthy elite, so i could have all of his "worthless paper money." i lolled

i am such a nerd

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

...! posted:

after i completed a quest, the quest giver confessed to secretly being a bitcoin miner. he then told me his bitcoins were going to make him one of the wealthy elite, so i could have all of his "worthless paper money." i lolled

i am such a nerd

Source you are quotes dot dot dot exclamation mark

SRQ
Nov 9, 2009

someone save that poor dog

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Paladinus posted:

It's not the transpotime 21 bus, it's just a tribute.
:aaaaa:

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

...! posted:

i am such a nerd

did you shoot him in the face?

Gobbeldygook
May 13, 2009
Hates Native American people and tries to justify their genocides.

Put this racist on ignore immediately!
https://twitter.com/altsbit/status/1225319347687653377?s=19

no exchange will ever be hacked starting now

https://twitter.com/duganist/status/1225423684715847682?s=19

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

sorry to hear of your rosses

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
A fool and his money can be profitable.

CampingCarl
Apr 28, 2008

i am not a central banker, so does "providing last-resort buy support on a few alts" mean "intentionally the bag holder for sketchy deals"? i mean even ignoring that this is cryptocurrency because that applies to all of them.

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

i think he's trying to be the minibearwhale for alternative bitcoins? like buy a lot to stop a crash i guess??

Nomnom Cookie
Aug 30, 2009

sounds to me like he had some high priced sell orders on BS nobody wants

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KnifeWrench
May 25, 2007

Practical and safe.

Bleak Gremlin

Nomnom Cookie posted:

sounds to me like he had some high priced sell orders on BS nobody wants

he says he lost btc, so it was rock bottom buy orders for BS nobody wants

because he is a degenerate gambler and "if it ever gets that low, there's nowhere to go but up!"