Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...

Steve Yun posted:

I’m sure most of Ford V Ferrari is lies but who cares, they’re FUN lies

The race scenes are amazing

Edit: apparently the ending is real, and it’s infuriating how stupid it was IRL
I was expecting a lot of "rah rah ford" poo poo, but no, it was an entertaining story about corporate dickheads screwing over their employees

e: james mangold : ken miles :: quentin tarantino : sharon tate

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

Do you know anything about...
witches?

Buglord
I agree the last half hour or so of Doctor Sleep (the director's cut is the only version I've seen) is weak, but I liked the first 2-2.5 hours so much that it's not a deal breaker for me.

One thing in the final act that I thought was especially dumb was Rose in the hotel pausing to look at the elevator gushing blood, and then just sort of shrugging and walking away. It didn't seem to serve a purpose other than "hey, remember this??"

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Third act of Dr. Sleep was just Gus Van Sant's Psycho. I was mad.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.
I just finished my first re-watch of Elvira: Mistress of the Dark in years. Elvira kicks so much rear end, both in general and as a protagonist that doesn't take poo poo and spends all movie beating up greasy guys who try to feel her up.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming
Her pinball machines are top-tier too

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Come on, it's 2020, we don't use suggestive terms like "pinball machines" anymore.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe

Grendels Dad posted:

I just finished my first re-watch of Elvira: Mistress of the Dark in years. Elvira kicks so much rear end, both in general and as a protagonist that doesn't take poo poo and spends all movie beating up greasy guys who try to feel her up.

I saw it for the first time this past year and instantly fell in love with it, the upcoming Arrow blu ray will be a day 1 purchase for me.

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

If it wasn't for disappointment
I wouldn't have any appointment

Grimey Drawer

Basebf555 posted:

I saw it for the first time this past year and instantly fell in love with it, the upcoming Arrow blu ray will be a day 1 purchase for me.

I showed it at my Spooky Night that I host for friends with the pre-show made up of Elvira interviews, Elvira cameos, Elvira skits and Elvira promos. It was a huge hit and remains a fan favorite, up there with Demon Knight

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
Cassandra Peterson is legit a great host and character actor, she commits to the act in a really fun way.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
I didn't realize Rob McElhenney had two moms.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UytuyWBXlwc

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~
Oh in case anyone hasn’t been keeping up, with 97% of precincts in with Bernie as the clear winner, the head of the DNC decided to recanvass Iowa and recheck all the votes.

pospysyl
Nov 10, 2012

X-Ray Pecs posted:

Oh in case anyone hasn’t been keeping up, with 97% of precincts in with Bernie as the clear winner, the head of the DNC decided to recanvass Iowa and recheck all the votes.

Well, Tom Perez told the Iowa Dems to do it, but they told him that only the campaigns can ask for a recanvass, and they have to pay for it. The campaigns have tomorrow to fill out the paperwork and even then Iowa can decide to not do it. We'll see if Perez pushes back.

K. Waste
Feb 27, 2014

MORAL:
To the vector belong the spoils.
It's going to be real great when Trump gets re-elected and we get to be gaslit all over again about how the election was ceded by people no-showing for Bernie, and act as if the giant ratfucking, corrupt, and incompetent pre-season poo poo never happened or somehow wasn't sending its own message to anyone who might have even had a slight feeling that voting Dem mattered.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Now you know how I felt when I voted for Nader and we got eight years of Bush instead.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
Sam Raimi in talks to direct Dr Strange 2. I hope it's so big he can then make whatever the gently caress movie he really wants to make.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming

Skwirl posted:

Sam Raimi in talks to direct Dr Strange 2. I hope it's so big he can then make whatever the gently caress movie he really wants to make.

He already did that after the Spider-Man trilogy. He seems cool just producing these days

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010
In an ethical sense, it is much more appalling to act people to set aside their beliefs and morals and cast their vote for something they believe in than it is to cast a vote that may not matter against the grand totals.

In a practical sense, everyone mad about third-party voters in 2016 seems to ignore that Gary Johnson blew Jill Stein out of the loving water.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Couple months back Raimi was all I'LL DO ANOTHER EVIL DEAD IF BRUCE IS DOWN.

I'm pretty cool leaving the series as is (and I dug the poo poo out of the remake and the show), but gently caress Doctor Strange if it's keeping me away from another Evil Dead.

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help

On the one hand, I'm always equally amazed and ashamed at how bad the democratic party can gently caress themselves over.

On the other hand, looks like my multi-year journey to get the hell out of this country might finally be coming true and I will fulfill my goal of not living here for the 2020 November election. Yukon Ho!

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

The thing that's just insanely frustrating to me about the whole Iowa thing is how many layers of obfuscation there are, even before you get to accusations of tampering, rat loving, etc

So there are 41 state delegates being rewarded and split between candidates, and this is the ultimate metric to judge victory by, just like electoral votes. Google lists 11 each to Bernie and Pete so effectively a tie but no idea how the other unclaimed 15 delegates are going to be allotted with only 3% more of the vote forthcoming and not a lot of websites are forthcoming with that information.

Meanwhile there's also the popular vote, listed on Politico which Bernie is handily winning by a few thousand votes as of earlier this morning, but we are told this doesn't matter and hey, that's fine.

Then google and NYT are also listing another delegate count plus a percentage for that, which is I guess how they derive the eventual split of the 41 actual awarded delegates, and Pete is winning by a whopping 3 here but that might not last and also it won't matter if they are tied in actual calculated delegates. But this is the number being used to say Pete "won", even tho it's not clear if this will net him more actual delegates (I mean I fuckin' guess, unless the winner gets those 15 delegates as a bonus)

Like, the thing that should be immediately clear when searching for results is the stuff that matters. Show the actual delegate counts and call it a tie and if there's something that's going to decide where the other delegates go, outline how that works.

I'm sitting here looking at 4 different numbers which say three different things (Bernie won, Pete won, they tied) and the one that seems the least important is being used as the main headline, which just seems hosed.

K. Waste
Feb 27, 2014

MORAL:
To the vector belong the spoils.

Skwirl posted:

There’s no version of being handed a metric poo poo ton of money where you get to do whatever the gently caress you want. They’re courting Raimi because they think he’ll play ball. And he might! Dude is old, he’s been playing this majors game a long time, if he takes the paycheck, he knows what he’s being payed for.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Raimi’s gonna add snap zooms, Dutch angles and POV shots to the film and it’s gonna loving own.

Carly Gay Dead Son
Aug 27, 2007

Bonus.
Raimi's done enough marvel poo poo.

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

Voodoofly posted:

On the one hand, I'm always equally amazed and ashamed at how bad the democratic party can gently caress themselves over.

On the other hand, looks like my multi-year journey to get the hell out of this country might finally be coming true and I will fulfill my goal of not living here for the 2020 November election. Yukon Ho!

Are you becoming a prospector?

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help

therattle posted:

Are you becoming a prospector?

Sadly, there is only room in my heart for so much dreaming. Just moving to Vancouver most likely, but I can pretend I'm living my childhood dream of living in a Calvin and Hobbes strip.

pospysyl
Nov 10, 2012

Voodoofly posted:

Sadly, there is only room in my heart for so much dreaming. Just moving to Vancouver most likely, but I can pretend I'm living my childhood dream of living in a Calvin and Hobbes strip.

Jealous! Vancouver's supposed to be a great city.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

We were considering, in the future, moving to Scotland a while ago because my wife went to university there but lol brexit

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Budgie Jumping posted:

Raimi's done enough marvel poo poo.

loving nope

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

CelticPredator posted:

Raimi’s gonna add snap zooms, Dutch angles and POV shots Ted and Bruce to the film and it’s gonna loving own.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.

Steve Yun posted:

I’m sure most of Ford V Ferrari is lies but who cares, they’re FUN lies

The race scenes are amazing

Edit: apparently the ending is real, and it’s infuriating how stupid it was IRL

I just don't judge biopics on how accurate they are factually because every single one of them is absolutely full of poo poo. Also most of them are trash.

Babysitter Super Sleuth posted:

Yeah, mitt is 100% doing this because he thinks that if Trump gets a second term, he can run for prez in 2024 and pick up lib votes by appearing as the safe and sane option.

Absolutely. Everyone seems to forget that he was the governor of the Ultra Mega Blue State.

Baron von Eevl posted:

Cassandra Peterson is legit a great host and character actor, she commits to the act in a really fun way.

She's also aged incredibly well and I was shocked to discover that she's almost 70 years old.

ruddiger posted:

Now you know how I felt when I voted for Nader and we got eight years of Bush instead.

As if anyone's vote mattered in either of those rigged rear end elections.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Whatever the pay from this Marvel stuff allows Raimi to do afterwards, I'm excited.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

RBA Starblade posted:

We were considering, in the future, moving to Scotland a while ago because my wife went to university there but lol brexit

I mean there's a decent chance Scotland is going to split off from England in the next few years because a lot of people who would've otherwise have voted for independence last time didn't do so out of fear that leaving the UK would mean having to reapply to the EU and there's a lot more support for EU membership in Scotland than in the South.

Some unionist propaganda was basically "We can't leave the UK because then we'd be leaving the EU and nobody wants that" and then the Southrons turned around and voted to leave the EU.

FreudianSlippers fucked around with this message at 01:33 on Feb 7, 2020

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

unrelated:

This is all from one episode.

Kaiketsu Zubat is the best TV show ever made.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Is it streaming somewhere? Because I saw a clip where he fights a football assassin and I was sold.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.
Someone made a documentary about Killdozer. :killdozer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cWSJ4_WtCoE

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Dope

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
Review of the last three movies I saw in theaters, over a span of 48 hours:
The Gentlemen: fun but not as clever as it thinks it is
The Turning: zzzzzzz
Parasite: gently caress yeah motherfucker

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
Seeing Birds of Prey on Sunday and ignoring the Oscars, I’m beyond stoked

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

https://twitter.com/iamcameronjames/status/1225237719216865282?s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

I was visiting my mom and she wanted to see Uncut Gems on Netflix, but she wanted to see it dubed in spanish and to my surprise, they curse in dubs now apparently. (I haven't watched a dub movie in about 10 years).
Adam Sandler's dub is by the latin american voice of Goku.